Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier BMW X5 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• eaw801, you should be able to do much better, but check the money factor, residual and cap cost that they are quoting you.

In northern NJ, I am getting a X5 4.8 with premium, tech, rear climate, Sirius, auto tailgate and iPod/USB. MSRP is 63,470, and I will be paying about $775 including tax for 36 months and 12K/year. If you are current BMW owner, you can get that even lower, since the money factors are very competitive. Note that this includes no up front cap cost reduction, but I did go with the 7+1 security deposits, which saves me about $50/month. This was all done this past Saturday with minimal negotiation taking a car form the lot.
  • My current deal is for an X5 3.0 (to some extent a gas mileage issue) with Premium,Tech 3rd row,Rear Climate,heated front and rear seats,Sirius,Prem Sound,Ipod,Runnng Boards, and Sport...15,000 miles on it BUT the dealership will guarantee tires as well as service throughout lease life.(36 months/12K/year). It was an dealership Manager's car & thus is viewed as new,thereby qualifying it for all available incentive programs. NY does not allow for multiple sec deposits (and I never could find the 3rd Row & Sport in NJ) so, with 3100 down (includes 1st month), payments are $634 per month including tax. The spouse swears he prefers the V6 engine... MSRP over $64,000. Because of the mileage, I figure it is being valued at closer to 49,000. The tire discussion almost derailed the deal. Your deal sounds great. Where did you find it?
  • Paul Miller in Wayne. It's amazing with the options how expense these cars can get. I saw an X5 on the lot that stickered at 77K!

Funny thing in real life, the difference between the V8 and V6 is probably not as big as it seems. I had an ML500 and averaged 16. The ML350 is probably good for 18 average at most.

I'd seriously consider rolling the tax in to the monthly payment and not put it down. If it is stolen or totaled, you lose that.
  • I am looking for a new 08 X5 3.0 and got the following offer from a dealer:

- premium package
    - technology package
    - real climate
    - cold weather package

The MSRP is 54275, and the offer is at about the invoice at 49900.

Is this a good deal?

Thanks.
  • stanton08 - It is average since there is a $2595 Premium Package option credit. Where are you located?

Best,
    Matt
    eights38@gmail.com
  • I live in California. How much lower can I expect below the invoice? Thanks.
  • The goal is to get dealer invoice minus $2600 premium package credit. In reality, it is difficult to get this deal unless you are taking dealer stock and it has been sitting there for a while.

When I did my research last month, I found that people actually got around $1500 below invoice after hard negotiations. However, the closer you get to 09 model year, you might gain a little bargaining power. I've heard of people getting $2800 below invoice in certain situations.

As a reference, I bought mine last month for about $800 below invoice but was able to order the options I wanted and get it from the factory instead of taking dealer stock.
  • Try for $3K below Edmunds invoice, got mine for that much. Better deals available on 3.0si than the 4.8 and the more options on the car, the more negotiating room a dealer has. Mine is a 3.0si with Sport, Premium, 3rd Row, Cold Wthr, Rear Climate and Tech Pkg.

Good Luck
  • fllcfllc Posts: 17
    Was that for purchase or lease? If for lease - what was the msrp and what did your payments turn out as?
  • It was a purchase, got the .9% financing in July, payments came to about 980/month with 0 drive out cost.
  • Sorry - I have not logged on in awhile. I got my car at Shelly BMW in Buena Park - my salesperson is Sammy.
  • Picked up mine on 9/11. black on black. Premium, technology, running board, ipod, cold weather, rear privacy. I was able to get it for 6k off list price plus the 0.9 Apr since I signed the papers on 9/2.
    Happy with the car. no regrets
  • I am new to the forum. I would appreciate if anyone can help me with this:
    2008 BMW X5 3.0 si
    Premium pkg, Tech Pkg, Cold weather, Rear climate, running board, power tailgate and USB/ipod adapter
    MSRP $ 55475
    What should be a good deal? I am being offered $51000.
    Thanks
  • To get the same deal I got couple of weeks ago, you would be paying 49.5K and the dealer would be making 1000$ fair for both.
    Good luck. he should drop the proce another 1500$
  • I would appreciate some advice from anyone who has done this recently.

I have a 2006 X5 3.0 and am coming to the end of a 3 year lease. I am thinking about buying the car and am having a real hard time finding out what a fair price would be. It currently has 43,000 miles on it.

My dealer is quoting me $27,700 for the car and will throw in an additional 50,000 miles warranty.

This seems to be a great time to be a buyer (I would pay cash) and it seems like a lot of leased cars are coming back to the dealer.

Any thoughts on a good price? Thank you!!!
  • On a 2009 X5 3.0i
    MSRP $57,625
    Invoice $53,460
    Selling price $53,960

Can I do better?
  • I think you should be able to do better. Look for below invoice pricing.
    Good Luck
  • kevin34kevin34 Posts: 36
    A dealer has offered me this vehicle which has cold weather, premium package, third row, nav. with 6k miles on it, a loaner vehicle, for $48.9k - the msrp is $54.6k. I'm thinking of countering with $42k. The vehicle qualifies for the .9 financing asit's an '08.

Feed back appreciated!
  • I think 42-43K is a good price, for the X5, knowing that it has 6K miles and is a demo
  • nymininymini Posts: 10
    You could get a brand new one with similar options for $51K. I think $43k -$44k is fair. Which dealer was that? Good Luck