Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier BMW X5 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• z_bellez_belle Posts: 1
    I would greatly appreciate any input on this quote! I'm a woman so it seems a little more challenging. :blush: I'm in northern NJ. All comments welcome! Many many thanks!!!!!!

MSRP $61475
    Agreed price $54200
    Monthly lease amount $695 for 30 months
    Residual: 0.64
    Money Factor: 0.00210
    Cap Cost Reduction: $0

Due at signing $4463 (sales tax, doc fees, 1st payment, security deposit $725, disposition fee)

Color/Upholstery/Options:
    A68 Platinum Gray Metallic
    LUEZ Leather Nevada Cinnamon Brown

ZCW Cold Weather Package
    ZPP Premium Package
    ZRC Rear Climate Package
    ZTP Technology Package
    300 Space-saver spare
    328 Running boards
    386 Roof rails
    431 Auto-dimming rearview mirror
    4AZ Dark Bamboo wood trim
    655 Satellite radio 1 year subscription
    6FL iPod and USP Adapter
  • Time to swap my wife's 2000 X5 with a new one. Initially, focused my search on the new 2011 X5 premium; however, after reading all the comments on this forum (and others), decided to test drive the 2011 X5 diesel. Loved it. Unfortunately, it appears that I'm not the only one shopping for diesels. Demand far outstrips supply. Have exchanged messages with 3 dealerships and they are all quoting me close to MSRP (before eco credit). None of them have any diesels in stock.

Also, the $4500 eco credit officially expires today...you must place your order today. Having said that, BMW has extended the eco credit several times and I'm certainly hoping they will do so again.

Thank you desiboysf for the email exchange last night. I'm Dallas-based...if anyone is seeing better offers here locally, please advise.
  • 00boxsters00boxsters Posts: 202
    I remember last August 31st (2009) and scrambling to get my order in before the eco credit expired.....

If demand is that high then this could be the 10th and final time it expires however.
  • Autocrazy, I have been dealing with a dealer in the DFW area willing to custom order a X5d for me with the following details:
    - Msrp - $61,575
    - Selling Price - $55,575
    - No deposit required if leased
    - Lease - 42 months at 15k per year - $916/mo.
    - Owner's Choice - 42 months at 15k per year - $890.06
    This included all the credits, etc. I am working with him to sell me at $500 over invoice, and he is a bit hesitant, but may agree...

If you are interested in talking to him, let me know and I will pass on the info...
  • Thanks sunnyvali, much appreciated. I've received two local offers of $5500 off MSRP. This includes the $4500 eco-credit. In other words, $1000 off MSRP before the incentives are added. Which translates to about $500-800 over invoice. Desiboysf got about $4000 off MSRP before eco-credit (for a total of about $8500 off MSRP). I spoke with Desiboysf Client/Sales advisor in California; however they do not do out-of-state deliveries and more importantly, I would have to pay california state taxes and then ship the car to Dallas. So, unlikely to go down that route.

I also spoke to a couple of other dealers - including one in Austin...unwilling to give anything more than the eco-credit. Clearly, demand far outstrips supply here. Will keep looking. Might go for a pre-owned 2010 to keep the price within my budget.

Lets hope that BMW extends the eco-credit. Here is an excellent posting on another forum with more details on the eco-credit and the tax implications. (bimmerfest - thread 403497)
    http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=403497

Happy searching everyone !!
  • Autocrazy, perhaps we can both team up and order 2 cars from the same dealer... I am sure they will be excited to give us as much discount as possible to make the deal.... Let me know.
  • autocrazyautocrazy Posts: 16
    edited September 2010
    Happy to discuss this further. what is your email address?
  • here it is sunnyvali at yahoo . com
  • autocrazyautocrazy Posts: 16
    edited September 2010
    Dealer confirmed today that the $4500 eco credit on the X5 diesel and 335d BMWs has been extended by BMW.

Plus BMW is offering 0.9% for 24 months...if you choose to finance the purchase through them.
  • Just picked up my new X5 3.0d and am mighty thrilled. Had a question about the tire and wheel warranty. They offered it to me for $1,500 for 4 years, it was a "special" rate as the normal cost is about 2 grand. Of course they try to convince you that it is worth it and will pay for itself if used even once. I had to decide then and there (hate when they put such pressure on you). However, I was told that I can cancel within a month. So my question - is it worth it? I looked elsewhere in this and other forums but couldn't find a satisfactory answer. I live in NY and we do have a fair share of potholes and bad roads but not excessive. Tires can get go flat but I have not heard of rims getting damaged so much that they need warranty. Thanks.
  • I had the same dilema for about 10 minutes, but decided to go with it (although it's against my will) mainly due to the Run-Flat tire syndrome - any puncture and the tire needs to be REPLACED. The other factor was that my wife managed to run over something once before in her X3 that took out 2 tires and put a HOLE in the rim size of a fist! But like with anything it's simply INSURANCE once you have it, most likely you won't need it, however, to me (especially since my wife drives it) it's the peace-of-mind that I'm paying for ...which in fact was about $20/month extra on my loan. Good luck.
  • nyccarguynyccarguy Stamford, CTPosts: 7,986
    If you damage a tire and rim, you're going to pay either way. OK, so you get a flat and your runflat has to be replaced. Well, with 25,000 miles on the car say, the tire on the other side will have to either be replaced or the new tire will have to be shaven down.

I declined the tire insurance. About 2500 miles before we turned in my wife's 2007 X3, she swerved to avoid something, hit a curb in the center of the road and blew out both tires on the left side and bent a rim. OK, so the tire insurance would have covered that, but the other 2 tires were dry rotting and needed to be replaced as well as a magical BMW 4 wheel drive alignment. So I paid either way. $1500 is too much money.

2001 Prelude Type SH, 2011 Pilot EX-L 4WD, 2015 Subaru Legacy 2.5i Premium

• zeaxzeax Posts: 2
    Was wondering if this was a good deal in the Houston area or should I shop around more...
    2011 X5 3.5SA + M package, technology, convenience, comfort access, hifi, heated front seats.
    MSRP $68925
    Invoice $63345
    Dealer was offering $1000 above invoice but said there was extra $600 for MACO/Training and will charge me $165 for the floor mats. Do they usually not include floor mats?

Thanks
  • 00boxsters00boxsters Posts: 202
    edited September 2010
    Cannot speak to Houston area specific deal but mats and MACO are nearly always extra.

You might tell them to stuff their Mats and get aftermarket or look at the BMW optional mats and get the style you prefer.
  • Hi i am looking to buy exactly the same you described. I am 5 hours from NJ area.
    Can you tell me the dealer details so that i can contact them.

regards
    s
  • I am looking to buy X5 35i premium with following options.

Navgation package,
    Running Boards,
    park distance control.

can any one tell whats the best price i should be paying before taxes.
    Do i need to pay destiantion charge of $875?

thanks for your time.

sshan
  • I had a sililar offer from my dealer in NJ. $1000 over invoice plus $500 MACO/Training. He quickly reduced the latter by half to $250. Mats were included in the deal.
  • I have got an offer in Buffalo, NY,
    Thank you for your e mail on the 2011 BMW X-5 3.5d
    Base price is.................$51,300.00
    Freight ....................... 875.00
    Total ......................... $52,175.00
    Towne discount......... - 2,500.00
    BMW diesel credit - 4,500.00
    Your special price...... $45,175.00
    Plus you get $1,800 tax credit on your federal return.
    Just add options & Taxes.
    Do you think it deserve more dealer's discount? Thanks in advance.
  • I think it's a great deal. Could you e-mail me dealer's name ? my email : ymnik777@yahoo.com. Thanks.
  • If you are interested, we can combine the buy for further discount. I will email you the information.
  • That sounds like a really good deal. I was out today to shop around and got real offensive offer! It was an x5 diesel 2011, mrsp 65K, offered me a lease for $1001.00 with 2000$ down / out of pocket. It was however with 18k miles/year for 36 month.
    I have an x3 today that cost me 585$ / month under same terms. Anyone out there who has had a good deal on an x5 diesel lease????
  • 2011 BMW X5 xDrive35d 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 6A)
    ZPP PREMIUM PACKAGE
    ZTP TECHNOLOGY PACKAGE
    4UB 3RD ROW SEAT
    494 HEATED FRONT SEATS
    386 ROOF RAILS
    MSRP $60675
    SALE PRICE $52875. plus sales tax and DMV fees
    IT IS BASICALLY diesel discount $4500 and dealer discount $3300 off MRSP. IS THIS A GOOD DEAL?
  • This sounds a good deal. Based on what were previously posted here, perhaps you can still do slightly better, but it is a lot better than what I have got so far. Where is the dealer located?
  • I almost made a deal with Towne back to June. We finalized the price by phone and email. but when I got there to sign the deal, they said they can't make it. I would strongly not recommend buying from there.
  • Do you have any other dealer to recommend? Have you tried one in Rochester or Erie, PA?
  • Hello.
    I'm in the process of buying 2011 BMW X5 xDrive35d. Does anybody can tell me how Eco credit applied vs. sales tax ? I mean - let's say selling price is $60K minus $4,500 Eco. Sales tax calculated from $60K or from final $60K minus $4,500 price ???

Thanks in advance. .
  • Are the roof rails noisy or not? Can I add them on easily later if I decide I really need them?
  • I don't know if you can add them later, but this option cost $100...why not to have it anyway ?
  • Never heard anyone on any BMW board complain of noise.

I think its an extra $100 at time of order or $1000+ later...
  • One more quote:
    2011 BMW X5 xDrive35d 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 6A)
    ZPP PREMIUM PACKAGE
    ZTP TECHNOLOGY PACKAGE
    4UB 3RD ROW SEAT
    494 HEATED FRONT SEATS
    386 ROOF RAILS
    iPod USB adaptor
    MSRP $61075
    Sale Price $52900, plus sales tax and DMV fees;
    I have purchased the SUV.