Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier BMW X5 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• What is OOP?
  • $4000 was the total out of pocket expenses. 2012 premium models have added a lot more equipment making for a higher base MSRP price.
  • Looks like bmwusa.com has the new 2012 pricing and options packages up. I believe the cold weather package includes the heated steering wheel however it is not listed.
  • nsfwnsfw Posts: 2
    Looks like the 35d is not up yet. the URL still has 2011 in it.
  • The 2012 35d will not be available until October, there are varying theories as to why the diesel is being held back, but the bottom line is that it's a 2011 until then. I bought a 2011 35d on March 31st. I found a Platinum Grey with Black interior at a dealer about 1 hour from my home (Open Road BMW in Edison,NJ), here are the details:

Premium Pkg
    Convenience Pkg
    Technology Pkg
    Cold Weather Pkg
    Rear Climate Pkg
    Roof Rails
    Running Boards
    IPod/USB & Satellite Radio

MSRP - $61,825
    Paid - $54,033

Negotiated to within a couple hundred of invoice then included the Eco Credit (which is extended at least through May) to end up at just over $54k. I also used Bank of America (3.49% for 72 months is advertised, actual APR ended up at 3.67% - still better than BMW Financial's 4.9% for 72 months on the diesel). The 2012 will include a few more options (in a config similar to the one above) for about the same price; but I didn't want to wait until October for BMW Apps, Comfort Access Key and a HiFi system. The diesel will work out for me as well...even at around $.20 more per gallon than gasoline, I'll save $600 per year, driving 2k miles per month (23 mpg for diesel vs. 19 mpg for gasoline). Plus the torque on the diesel is outstanding!
  • seepicseepic Posts: 7
    edited April 2011
    I was quoted $38K on a 2008 3.0si with premium and cold weather package. I know it has some room for negotiation. Could someone let me know what ballpark would be a good OTD price and what I should start with? Thanks!
  • mets86mets86 Posts: 12
    edited April 2011
    Advice on pricing please - I met with my BMW dealer in NYC yesterday. I'm leasing another X5 (this will be my 3rd one). Dealer quote is listed below. It seems fair to me, but I welcome any advice:

MSRP $54,800
    Conv. Package
    3rd Row
    Running Boards
    10k/yr mileage
    36 mos.
    MF .00155
    $4,260 down (includes all taxes and fees)
    Adj. Cap Cost: $58,595
    $755/mo (does not include taxes in monthly pmt)
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 29,788
    Is that CAP cost a typo?

$4260 upfront, and the CAP is more than the MSRP?

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• zoranzoran Posts: 68
    When are we expecting 2012 models and if there are current incentives?
  • mets86mets86 Posts: 12
    Sorry - yes, it was a typo. The MSRP is $61,175 and the CAP is $58,595. Please advise your thoughts. Thanks.
  • 2011 X5 35d + premium package + 3rd row seats + PDC + roof rail, MSRP 58675, dealer's best price is 52795 including eco credit. I am in Seattle, seems not a good place to get best deal. Thanks
  • scpowscpow Posts: 9
    Met with a BMW dealer in SW Connecticut (near NYC). They said the best price that they could offer is 52,755. This is for the premium package without any other options/upgrades. Additional costs were DMV fee $175; Doc fee $275; and 6% state tax. Does anyone think that this is a good price?

Thanks
  • Ran your config thru the Zag buying tool offered by USAA, AAA and Amex among others (basically a no haggle, car buying service for members). According to them, the best price they have is $53,445 (incl. Eco Credit), so I think you're doing well with the quote you have. It seems Seattle is a tough place to get a deal, same config in PA comes up at $51,645...sorry...
  • goluckigolucki Posts: 4
    I am looking to buy X5 35i (2011) with
    premium pkg
    technology pkg
    convenience pkg
    smart phone integration
    running boards
    premium sound
    heated front seats and ventilated front seats
    3rd row seats
    Sand Beige leather. I haven't bought BMW before. Please advice me on what price would be a good deal while bargaining. I am in Texas.
  • ttopper1ttopper1 Posts: 18
    I suggested it earlier to others try 1 click auto brokers in denver....look them up....they can handle these things and test your pricing....they seem fair and reasonable from my dealings with them and I am not an agent or associated with anyone..
  • mlevinemlevine Posts: 205
    In southeast florida slim pickings on X5 35i including base, premium and sport. More 35d available, but also hard to find. Any units available thiere is basically no discount except eco credit for diesel. I see alot of retired folks driving them, why they do not get into the cadillac or toyota small SUV I cannot understand. Good luck with finding a X5, I may go with ML mercedes benz.
  • carolenccarolenc Posts: 1
    I am trying to figure out a good price point for the BMW 535 Gran Turismo. I don't mind ordering this from a dealer located outside of Texas as long as I get a better deal. Let me know. Thanks all!
  • cembarcembar Posts: 1
    I'm planning to order the 2011 X5 diesel with Premium package only. I heard that 2012 will not be out till later in the year. I've received several quotes and the best one I have so far is $ 53,000 (including the eco-credit and all other charges & sales taxes). MSRP for that car is $56,075 (inc. destination).

Do you think it's a good deal? Or do you think I should wait till October to order 2012 X5 Diesel instead?

Thank you!
  • kackikacki Posts: 18
    Sales taxes vary, so am talking round(ed) numbers here. Assuming taxes and fees add 9% to the overall price, that means you have a net of about $48,000. Taking away eco credit (is it still 3500?) from 56000, you have 52500, which means a discount of 4500, which is about 8% of msrp, which IMO is really good.

Double check your numbers and mine and if they jibe, then go for it.

The D for 2012 will be out around Sep/Oct and will probably have mostly cosmetic/electronic changes, LED coronas and BMW Apps being the most significant of these. No drivetrain changes AFAIK.
  • ckgizmockgizmo Posts: 2
    Hi All,

I am reviewing overnight on this 2011 X5 35d custom order for June allocation. Could you please let me know if it's a good deal or not??

Alpine White, Black Interior and Dark Bamboo trim

ZPP Premium Package
    ZAP Sport Activity Package (19-inch wheels)
    ZPS Premium Sound Package
    ZRC Rear Climate Package
    ZTP Technology Package
    322 Comfort Access
    328 Running Boards
    494 Heated Front Seats
    6NR BMW Apps

MSRP: $65,825
    Sales price after Eco credit: $59,500 including floor mats and trunk liner.

Lease options:

48 month, 10K miles/year, 48% residual and $725 Bank fees
    MF=.00121 after OLP and max MSD
    Monthly= 692.42 plus 8.75% tax = 753.01

42 month, 10K miles/year, 52% residual and $725 Bank fees
    MF=.00121 after OLP and max MSD
    Monthly= $715.10 plus 8.75% tax = 777.67

Thanks in advance for your help!!
  • scpowscpow Posts: 9
    Please let me know how I did.

Conven Pkg
    running boards
    multi contour seats
    carpet floor mats
    cargo shade
    wheel lock lug nuts

total was $56,289 plus tax/tag/title
  • greg157greg157 Posts: 4
    scpow,

Hi. I've priced the X5 premium pkg at close to 4 dealerships in nj and $52,755 is a low price, even w/o additional upgrades. The premium pkg also includes many options so you don't need to add much more. If you don't mind, can you give me the name of the dealership in SW Ct?

Greg
    scpow,

I read my dates wrong. I didn't see your 5/29 posting. With all the upgrades you got, that's a great all-in cost. Please let me know what dealership you went with. Thx.

Greg
    If you are paying for all the options at invoice not retail pricing that's good. Plus, if you are paying $500 to $1000 over invoice that's about as good as you can expect.

Another option is use a broker like
    A-1 click in Denver....they have options for dealers all over the U.S.

Hope this helps a little....
    ttopper1,

Thanks for responding to me a week or so back. Take a quick look at this if you can. This is the deal I have in place. Let me know if you what you think, good bad or indifferent. Thanks.

Car: BMW X5 xDrive35i
    Exterior: Space Grey Metallic
    Interior: Black Nevada Leather
    Trim: Dark Burl Walnut
    Options: Convenience pkg, comfort access (included/no charge), Nav System,
    3rd row seat
    Term: 36 months, 10,000 miles per year
    MSRP: $59,175
    Residual Value %: 60%
    Invoice: 55,000
    Money Factor: .00185
    Bottom line Lease Payment: $708.96
    Money Down at signing: $3,997.39

Money Down includes the following:
    $708.96 (first months payment)
    $1,786.68 (upfront sales tax)
    $725.00 (Acquisition fee)
    $227.00 (DMV fees)
    $275.00 (Doc fee)
    $224.00 (NJ Luxury tax)
    $50.75 (Tax on fees)
    Looks good and the numbers work. Do it!
  • gfish49gfish49 Posts: 24
    Hello - we priced a 2011 BMW X5 35D with the following options:

Combox Controller
    Cold Weather Package
    Premium Package
    Ipod & Usb Adaptor
    Roof Rails
    Self-Leveling Suspension
    Heated Rear Seats
    Satellite Radio
    Technology Package
    Rear Climate Package
    Dark Bamboo Wood Trim

MSRP: $62,1257
    Selling Price: $54,500

Is this a good deal or should we be doing better? We are comparing to the Mercedes ML350 Bluetec and Lexus RX450h. Thanks for the help.
  • kenkidkenkid Posts: 1
    I have negotiated a deal on '11 X5d for $500 over dealer invoice (including the $3,500 eco credit) which normally I'd be very pleased with. However, I know from several sources that the dealer will also earn a $1,600 +/- dealer holdback credit bringing their net profit up to $2,000+, well above what they should earn on any car. But several buying web sites suggest that dealers will not share in this credit and that it's off the table. Is this true or should I push harder?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 29,788
    BMW doesn't have dealer holdback...

They do have customer service bonuses, etc.., but, it's doubtful you can deal on any of that money.. $500 over invoice, minus the $3500 Eco-credit is a pretty good price, IMO....

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• gfish49gfish49 Posts: 24
    edited June 2011
    Hello - I was curious of what you thought of my deal two posts up? (1911)

In your most recent post are you saying a good deal would be close to invoice, and the $3500 Eco credit, which would make it much less than invoice?