Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier BMW X5 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• abhikuabhiku Posts: 89
    What is dealer discount? Is 6.5% discount consists of holdback, cash back etc...
  • Is there a way to see the status of your order? I have an account at BMW.com and it asks for VIN or production number. The salesman told me to put in the VIN, which I told him I don't have since the car is not built. He has not gotten back to me. Is there any way to do this for a car not yet built?

We ordered the last week of October. The dealer said around XMAS. Any experience on how long the orders typically take.
  • Ask the dealer for the production number, then you can track it from the bmw website.
  • My salesman was able to give me a VIN as soon as the vehicle dropped into production. Once you get the VIN, you can register it on BMW.com and it will give you the corresponding production number. As far as I know, you need either a partial VIN or production number to check the status. Once you have the numbers, you can call 1-800-831-1117 to find out your status. It is more up to date than the website. When I placed my order, my dealer had a build opening, so I was placed at Priority 1. I ordered my X5 on November 5, it dropped into production on November 7, and was completed November 14. It has since been transferred to the carrier.
  • I'm seeking to have the dealer take 6.5% off MSRP, BEFORE applying any rebates/incentives. I don't know what their holdbacks, etc. are. At 6.5% off MSRP, that's seems to be around what TrueCar regards as a "Good Price".
  • "At 6.5% off MSRP, that's seems to be around what TrueCar regards as a "Good Price"."

That is before incentives/rebates...
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Posts: 10,897
    A reporter is interested in talking with someone who has bought a car, or intends to buy one in November 2011. If you are interested in commenting on your experience, please reply to pr@edmunds.com no later than Friday, November 18, 2011 and include your contact information.

Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• Here's the deal I've been offered on a 2012 x5 35d:

MSRP: $64,225 (Premium package, black leather, 3rd row)
    Price: $52,650 (including ECO, Nav and financing incentives)

What do you guys think about the deal?

I hadn't realized until the last couple of days that the diesel version could be either the same price (or even cheaper!) than the gas version, so I'm a bit uninformed about the pros and cons of diesel vs. gas. Can someone fill me in or point me to a good article? If both versions are the same price, which would you pick?

Thanks!!
  • midtowneastmidtowneast Posts: 49
    edited November 2011
    I did not consider the shipping option I wanted to drive the truck back home all along. I even took a detour to drive on the blue ridge parkway.
  • vjmovjmo Posts: 1
    That looks like an awesome price.
    Where are you getting this? even I would be interested .
    thanks
  • I should be picking up my new diesel tomorrow or on Saturday, and I agree with you that it seems like buying diesel is more cost effective than buying the gas model at this point. Add to that the higher gas efficiency, lower emissions, and the improved torque... Well, that's why I bought diesel. The diesel does have less horsepower and seems a little less quick 0-60 (6.9 vs 6.4 seconds).

Do you happen to be pricing your car on zag or amex? I think that the MSRP be there might be messed up. If you price your car with the spec's that you mentioned on BMW website, the MSRP would be 62,775 so 1450 less the one you quoted. That said, I think that you would be getting a really good price. I received a similar reduction with some slightly different specs. Good luck!
  • Agrre with your assesment of Diesel X5.

But one more factor, When i test drive I felt it was little more noiser than the Gas. As time goes by it may become more

Also about the prioce difference, some of these sites show the price with the destination delivery charges, that why it may look like high.
  • How much should i pay for a brand new 2012 X5 35i premium with cold & convenience packages and running boards.? The MRSP is $60,625. The dealer offered $57,000, in addition to $1000 that they will add to my money down, making the total amount to finance around $59,500, is that a good price? (In the Detroit area)
  • Which dealer was that?
  • Can someone explain what credits/incentives are available for a first time BMW X5 buyer/lessee? I see stuff here and there but wanted to hear from the horse's mouth . Thanks!
  • Did you check BMW's site?
    Here's what's listed there:
    0.9% Annual Percentage Rate Offer. $2,500 ECO Credit available. $1,730 Option Credit available. $1,000 Credit Available.

The last $1K is for financing through BMW.

Those are the ones I got offered (not sure though I will finance through BMW).
  • I ordered a similar vehicle, the sticker was $61,225. I am paying $55,600 for the vehicle and will get another $1000 off for financing with BMW, so actual price is $54,600. Credits include 1730 nav credit and 1000 finance credit (no loyolty since I sold a BMW more than 1 year ago). I think my deal was fair but not the greatest if you look through these forums. BUT

I had a 2010 BMW 5 series that I sold to someone from Detroit. He flew to Maryland to get the car. It was basically brand new...long story. Anyway, he said BMW, Mercedes etc. in Detroit are very expensive because of the influence of GM, Ford etc. Meaning those who wish to drive foreign luxury cars pay for it. Who knows if he was right, but he did fly to MD to get a BMW.
  • I just put down an order of x5 35i premium with tech pkg, convenience pkg, cold weather pkg, running boards, multi-contour seats. total msrp $63625. got down to $56250. we have a trade-in, need to consider how much we could get from the old one... anyway, we are happy for the price we got.

Went back and forth a few times with several dealers. Thanks for some posts by folks here in this forum, and the information from truecar site, we were pretty much well informed.

Just be firm with your offer, if it is reasonable.

btw, if you own a business, X5 and X6 both could qualify for 100% tax deduction before the end of this year, because they are built in US.
  • Thanks for all of the replies! I ended up ordering the 35d and here are the specs on the deal:

35d in Platinum Grey with Black leather interior
    Premium package
    BMW Apps
    iPhone Cradle

MSRP: $61,590
    Negotiated price: $51,562 (including ECO, Nav and financing/leasing credits). Without all of those credits, the price is $56,762.

I calculated the invoice price through edmunds to be $56,705, so I was happy with the deal we got. We ended up leasing it, so I will post the leasing terms in the leasing forum.

Thanks so much to everyone for all of the very helpful information!!
  • wantokuwantoku Posts: 1
    edited November 2011
    I ordered my X5 35d on 11/8/11. I was told sold cars jump to the front of the line. I confirmed with the dealer that my car is already on a train for Calif. and should arrive by 12/15/11. About 5 weeks.
  • ordered mine (X5d) on 11/9 and will pick it up today at my local dealer :)
  • Congrats gsinill. Not exactly sure when our order went in and I don't get much clarity from the salesman. I think it was a few days after yours; originally wasn't scheduled for production until the 2nd week of December. It did get bumped up and production started this past Monday. We should have it by the end of next week! Have a good Thanksgiving.
  • Ordered my X5 35d on 11/05 and it came in yesterday! Went in and did paperwork today. Soooo happy that I opted for the Sport Package, the anthracite headliner is beyond awesome. Just might be my favorite feature so far.
  • Hi Carman,

My local dealership in Northern California gave me the following numbers for a 12000 mile 36 month lease:

MSRP: 70625

Selling Price: 66590 (they say this is 1000 over invoice)

Money factor to me: .00185 (Buy rate MP + 20 basis points that is their markup - 30 basis points loyalty discount as I currently lease a 5 series from BMWFS). The dealership said that I can get a 1000 finance credit but the 30 basis point discount will be better for me. Is this correct?

Monthly payment with sales tax of 8.25%: 898 with 2500 cash due at signing OR 791 with 6000 cash due at signing OR 730 with 8000 cash due at signing.

Is this a good deal? Should I negotiate more anywhere? How? Where? Please guide me.

Thanks!!
  • ab10000ab10000 Posts: 127
    You will also enjoy replacing your sport tires every 15k :)
  • We didn't like either tire/wheel choice in the Sport Pkg, so we just ordered it with the 19's. We plan to replace the set with a different 20" tire/wheel combo. These 19" tires will never see 15k.
  • rsatlrsatl Posts: 2
    I am looking 2012 X5 xDrive35i Premium and one of the dealer in Atlanta gave me following quote. Just wondering if it's a good deal or wait for Dec end. What number makes sense to sign papers?

64,675 MSRP
    58,460 Selling price
    349.50 processing fee

3.9% BMW finance offer for 48 or 60 months.
  • We ordered a 2012 X5 Premium with the convenience package, BMW Apps & running boards and paid 56G and change...picked it up at the Performance Center..we LOVE it!! ;) Bought it at Rick Hendricks BMW in Charleston SC.
  • I live in Rockville, MD. Would it be possible to find out which dealer in DC area? Thanks.
  • gurmgurm Posts: 27
    I've been making my mind to get 2012 X5 Sport Activity model. Test drove it last weekend, liked it but still felt my current MDX to have an edge on the type of ride which I found to be easier and as strong as X5. But definitely BMW has more pride of ownership, thus considering switch to an X5. Hoping I'll get used to the ride and all.

Just curious...does anybody know what kind of changes we can expect from 2013 X5. If I am not wrong, X5 is coming all new for 2013. Any ideas or sneak peeks? Thanks.

Cheers!