Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Saturn ION Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• airbossairboss Posts: 17
    According to the finance guy where I bought, they had a limited number, good for a limited time. Sounds like they either ran out or the time expired. Interesting they wouldn't have found some way to make it up to you.
  • I want to know that too. What is flex cash voucher? Neither of the dealers I'm negotiating with has any idea what the flex cash is.
  • I was looking at buying a 2004 Ion Redline. The sticker was $22300 or so. It had a sunroof, 6 disc and the advanced audio system. The retailer would include all the "extras" free. The extras were tint, Saturn protection (basically a wax, fabric protection and rust proofing) along with Vin etching. These were tacked on at over $1100. The retailer offered $5000 off sticker. No a bad deal. I know $3K rebate and $2K flex cash. The flex cash was explained to me as $250 vouchers from Saturn that are given to dealers in exchange for taking "extra" cars. I actually passed on the deal. The quality of the interior didn't impress me. I have owned 3 Saturns (94 SL2, 96 SC2 classic and 97 SC2) and feel the old ones were just built better. It's sad to see Saturn wheeling and dealing like all other makes. The power didn't seem too great compared to my current car 03 Toyota Matrix XRS.
  • I was in the process of helping my daughter select a car and find the right price. We were looking at the ION QC 3 and thinking about getting one considering the 3000.00 discount. After reading this message board and finding out about flex cash we decided to get the Saturn. The dealer said we threw him a curv. Did`nt know GM had made it public. I told him buyers have there secrets to! GOOD JOB! Thanks for the info!
  • sat24sat24 Posts: 2
    Thanks to all who posted messages about flex cash vouchers. I just bought an Ion 2 with power package today. I purchased with a 3% market adjustment, $3750 rebate, and $1000 in flex cash.
  • mich04mich04 Posts: 1
    I just read prior posting regarding to flex cash
    vouchers.I'm on market to buy ion red line.
    Could you guys explain a little bit more how do you get flex cash vouchers?
    Do I have to ask the dealer if he willing give to me?Or I need to get it someplace else?
    Your help will be appreciated
  • sat24sat24 Posts: 2
    Dealers earn flex cash certificates in $250 amounts. They receive them for taking extra inventory etc.. You have to ask about them in most cases. I contacted three dealerships before I found one with them. I hope this helps.
  • driftracerdriftracer Posts: 2,692
    after reading here, but I was shocked this weekend - picked up my new black Ion Redline, got the $3750 factory "down payment assistance" (not rebate, as they pointed out), plus $500 in flex cash on the car as a "marketing adjustment", plus another $250 when I balked at the service contract...75,000 factory extended warranty for $500...not bad.
  • There is no "gotcha" simply request that those are items that you do no want. You really need to drop this whole conspirecy thing. Also the Saturn Redline has all the same rebates as the rest of the Ion line up. Saturn has always been GM and while remain the same. Also you need to remember that one mans junks is another treasure. Let me know when you actually know what you are talking about...
  • SylviaSylvia Posts: 1,636
    Let's stay on topic of Prices Paid & Buying Experiences.

Thanks!
  • blue58blue58 Posts: 9
    Went with my mother to help her lease a Ion2 today. Told the salesperson that I was a GM supplier but they never quoted the discount price to me. They just kept saying that it would be 4-5% off the price they gave me. Anyway they gave me a msrp of 14699 minus $1500 in incentives. For 13199. This was off from the 12830 that Edmunds said people were paying. IF im leasing, does it matter what the final sales price is. They told me they couldnt take it down to the 12830. They said it would be the 139 month 0 money down for 39 months. I thought Saturn had a no haggle policy. This particular salesperson didnt seem to give any details. He was always very vague and didnt give detailed pricing like when I purchased other GM cars with my discount. I feel like I was not being told something or they were trying to make money on me. Was this the case? Why would they never quote me an exact price due to the GM supplier discount? My mother wanted specifics and they seemed to do everything possible to dodge them.
  • legalseclegalsec Posts: 31
    Hi, I've been out of the market for an ION and my brother-in-law might buy one. Would someone be kind enough to explain the effect of the current GM Employee Pricing system and flex cash certificates on the prior 2003 bargaining scheme, which consisted mostly of rebates and market adjustments? Thanks in advance. :)
  • ghuletghulet Posts: 2,628
    ....I just read yesterday (in the Chicago Tribune) that GM is making 'pricing adjustments' and adding equipment in some models (in lieu of 'Employee Pricing') and that the Ion2 sedan, at least, is supposed to go down in base price to something like $12490 (down almost $2500). It might be wise to wait a month til the '06s come out and see what materializes.
  • legalseclegalsec Posts: 31
    Thanks for the information. I'm not ready to buy yet, so I'll keep researching in the meantime. :)
  • Hi everyone. Please use the following discussion to post any questions that you have about leasing a Saturn ION. Thanks.

Car_man
    Host
    Smart Shopper / Prices Paid Forums
  • Can you give me the resdidual values and MFs for a 36 mo 36k lease on a 06/05 ION 1/2?
  • vanman1vanman1 Posts: 1,397
    Saw an ad in the paper Saturday for 2006 Saturns. All MSRPs were down and they were "value priced". I'm in Canada but I am sure you will see it state side also,
  • a: If you were to lease a 2006 Saturn ION Sedan 2 through General Motors Acceptance corp. right now for 36 months with 12,000 miles per year, its base lease rate and residual value should be 1.34% and 47%, respectively. GMAC is no longer offering supported leases on 2005 Saturn models.

Car_man
    Host
    Smart Shopper / Prices Paid Forums
  • i am in the market for a 2006 ion 2 in canada... are there any incentives or discounts i should be able to get out of the dealer? or is this no haggle policy true?
  • The Saturn purchasing experience was the best experience in car purchasing I had. Now I am trying to purchase a Honda 06 Civic, it has been a month and a half of futile negotiations, and a battle of wits against a hungry bunch of sales persons whose income depends entirely on commission and how much they can get the customer paid above invoice. I have been lured into showrooms where they do not even have the car. I have given spills that I must pay premium for a factory order. I have had misleading low ball offers that balloons. I have been offered dizzy financial schemes to rip me off.

I long for the Saturn buying experience, but I want an improved version of the Ion.
    I like the 06 Honda Civic, but I hate the buying experience at Honda Dealers.

Would a replacement of the Ion be coming out soon?

Yours Sincerely, Manny
This discussion has been closed.