Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cadillac SRX Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• cmhpeachcmhpeach Posts: 1
    I have a question for anyone out there who has purchased accessories for their vehicle. My question has to do with Protective Paint finishing and Coating.

Is this necessary or desirable when you bought your car/SUV. The price i am being quoted is $300 and was told that 90% of folks have this done? What is the scoop? What is your opinion on this?

If anyone could reply sooner (today) rather than later I would appreciate it.
  • steverstever Viva Las CrucesPosts: 41,982
    It's just wax; save your money.

Lots more in the Store Bought Waxes Part II (No Zaino Posts) discussion.

Steve, Host

Minivan fan. Feel free to message or email me - stever@edmunds.com.

• pure dealer bull! caddys paint has a superior clear coat thats extreemly durable even without care.however if you wax your car about evey 3 months or so you will reduce ultraviolet rays that slowly degragate the finish.make shure you get all your rebates! including dealer discount too.depending on how much options are on the srx the price off sticker should be good rite now.also there is a incentive change going on rite now so keep an eye out at gm buypower under current offers.i would be a bit sceptical at this point.do you need under coating?window ecthing,extended warranty?get the picture.good luck.
  • steverstever Viva Las CrucesPosts: 41,982
    Don't forget the $200 fabric protection (or you can buy a couple of cans of Scotchgard for $20 and d-i-y).

Steve, Host

Minivan fan. Feel free to message or email me - stever@edmunds.com.

• automan227automan227 Posts: 118
    I was quoted the follow for a 2004 SRX V6 AWD with Luxury Pkg., Ultraview Sunroof, and Power Lumbar seats:

MRSP: 45,780
    Dealer Discount: 2793.71
    Conquest Rebate: 1500

Total: 41,486.29 + Tax and Tags

Is that a reasonable price, or should I negotiate more? Are there any other incentives available on the SRX besides the conquest rebate?

Thanks,

AS
  • manybmwsmanybmws Posts: 347
    Super deal. What were your options?
  • rookierookie Posts: 1
    Finally I am ready to buy a car. I have decided on a 2005 Cadillac SRX with the luxury performance package. According to Kelly Blue Book and Edmunds the MSRP is $52,695 and the invoice is $47,441. Since a search of the dealer base did not produce a car in the color and with the options I want, I will need to order it from the factory. There is a $1000 deposit required but it is refundable. The price is negotiated before ordering. It will take 6-8 weeks to receive. What would be a fair price? Is there room to negotiate since it is a 2005? Any tips or info you have will be appreciated.
  • pbeerspbeers Posts: 26
    I would think that you could get it for around 48-48.5, especially since you are ordering it so the dealer gets an instant sale (and gets to keep all of the factory holdback).

FWIW, we ordered ours (also with Lux Perf Pkg) back in Jan '04 and it took only 4 weeks to arrive at the dealer. 5,000 miles later we thoroughly enjoy it, not a squeak or rattle, and an absolute blast to drive.
  • chili1chili1 Posts: 2
    Hey guys,

I'm probably going to gold coast this weekend, they advertise 0 down everything for an SRX and $279 a month for 24mo smart lease... Is this a deal or what ? it sounds good to me but I'd like a diff oppinion. . . .
  • b4zb4z Posts: 3,372
    Looks like they made a mistake on that $279 price.

I leased my '04 SRX in March on the sign and drive program with 0 down. They were advertising $459 a month for 48 months.

Which included dealer discount, conquest cash, and
    instant value certificates.
  • stevehollysteveholly Posts: 26
    The price is valid, but real ALL the fine print.
    Goald Coast is offering:
    $279/month for 24 months using SmartBuy on a base SRX (sticker $38,690)
    12,000 miles/yr or final payment of $25,536
    $0 at delivery ($0 down, no bank fee, $0 deposit)
    $1500 Conquest Rebate (all non-GM owners)
    $750 SmartBuy rebate (everyone)
    $2000 GM Test Drive Certificate (must have the orignal certificate)
    $1000 Olds Owner Rebate (currently own a '96-'00 Olds)
    $1500 Bonus Cash (everyone who buys a non-sunroof SRX)

If you meet all the criteria and don't need the miles - go for it!
  • Questions:

1. What is "Gold Coast"? How on earth did they get to $279 / mo. on a 24 month lease?

2. What is a "GM Test Drive Certificate"?

3. How does one avoid the bank fee on a lease?

Thanks.
  • 1. Gold Coast is a Central NJ dealer ("America's Largest Cadillac Dealer" if you listen to their schtick) in Oakhurst, NJ.

1a. $279/mo? Do the math - lots of discounts on a stripped SRX w/ a high residual. But lots of stipulations as well...

2. Folks who showed interest could receive, via mail, a "GM Test Driver Certificate" worth $2000 off - not a clue how to get one if you wanted one - sorry!

3. The bank fee (GMAC) is still there, obviously, just paid for in the payments vs. up front.

Hope this helps!
    Steve
  • Steve,

Thanks for your reply. I still can't see how they got to $279 per month unless there was a large initial cap cost reduction / down payment required. Was there? I'm purchasing an '04 with luxury (1sb) and 3rd row seat (in other words, not a lot of options) at invoice with all the rebates. The monthly payment on a 48 month lease, including tax, at 15k / year is $414, which I think is terrific -- but obviously I'm wondering about your numbers! Even if I subtract out tax and assume 12k miles, and use a non-optioned V6 as the model, I don't get to $279. Especially for a 24 month lease, which should be FAR more expensive on a monthly basis than a 48 month lease.

More details? Thanks.
  • Don't know what to tell you....
    Here's the ad in the paper that ran today:

"$279/mo Smartbuy, 24 months, 12k miles/yr on base SRX. MSRP of example is $38,690. Optional final payment of $25,536.
    $0 Due at delivery ($0 bank fee, $0 Disposition fee, $0 Security deposit, $0 Customer cash or trade)
    Rebates: $1500 GM Conquest (non-GM owners), $750 SmartBuy cash (everyone), $2000 GM Test Drive (must have original certificate), $1000 Olds Owner Loyalty ('96-00 Olds owner), $1500 Bonus cash (on all non-sunroof SRXs)"

Best I can say is give 'em a call.
    Email me direct if you want to know who we dealt with there. (Ours - Black '04 V6, AWD, Luxury, 3rd row, Rear DVD... had it 6 months - love it!)
    Steve
  • Cadillac's current incentives expire today, 9/7/04. They included $1500 conquest, $1500 non-sunroof models, $1500 finance with GMAC, $1000 for 48 month leases, and $750 for California customers. The lease residuals were good as well.

Could someone post the new incentives, which will presumably be available starting the morning of 9/8/04? Thanks.
  • pathdocpathdoc Posts: 126
    Were the incentives listed above on 2004 or 2005 models?
    Edmunds doesn't list the above incentives on 2005 models. I just drove a V8 AWD last night and was very impressed. It did not have the magnetic ride control which I expect would have even improved the handling. Does anyone have any comments on the difference with and without the magnetic ride control? Also any info on 2005 discounts in S. California would be appreciated.

Thanks
  • The above incentives are for 2004 models only. I'm not sure which apply to 2005 vehicles.
  • eaton53eaton53 Posts: 356
    "Does anyone have any comments on the difference with and without the magnetic ride control?"

Yes, the difference is BIG, in both ride and handling. I've driven a V6, no Magnaride and V8 Magnaride.
  • $38,900 for
    - 04 V6
    - AWD
    - Luxury Performance Package (1SD)

Any comments - Too High/Low/Ok?

Thx
    DC
  • I am interested in buying a 2004 Cadillac SRX. This Vehicle has a MSRP of $41,135.00. The dealership if offering this vehicle to me for $34,811.00 plus tax title & doc fee. Is this a good deal?
  • I am also ready to buy a 2005srx.. I'm assuming you got that quote on a v8. Did you go for the magnetic ride control? Know anything about it? I'm wondering if it is worth the expense because you have to buy a lot of other stuff that is packaged with it. Good luck with your purchase
                                Tom
  • I got to believe Cadillac will come out with their usual FALL DISCOUNTS on remaining 04's even though, they already offered an unusual and aggressive incentive campaign a few months ago. The SRX are NOT selling well. So expect some MAJOR incentives ($5K, at least) in the NEAR future here.
  • I am looking at a '04 Caddy SRX AWD V8 that is loaded with every available option. It is a dealer demo and has approx 5,500 miles on it.
    What kind of a discount can/should I expect on this vehicle? I think it must sticker for over 61K and invoices at approx 56K.
    Thanks for any help you have to give.
  • I checked the Caddy web site and discovered 0% on '05 SRX's.
  • A dealership in the Bay Area, CA is advertising 10k off MSRP (includes dealer incentives and customer rebates) plus 0% financing for up to 60 months for all remaining 2004 SRX V8s. Seems like a pretty good deal--any thoughts?
  • As a demo that should knock the depreciation cost right off the top (7-9K). Then there are the current discounts, I have seen 5-10K in advertisements in So. Cal. I would say 45-46K tops.
  • Greetings,

A dealer here in St. Louis has a new 2004 V8 AWD w/ ultraview and the navigation package. Shows MSRP @ $57,235 and has offered $46,127. That a good deal?
  • wyattwyatt Posts: 18
    A nearby dealer has offered $37,800 on a fully loaded V8. This car has the luxury performance package. Can anyone offer feedback as to whether or not this is a fair price?

Thanks.
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Posts: 10,918
    Well, if you look at the message just above yours, another member was offered ~$47K for what sounds like a similar model. Your price is $10K lower, which seems like a great deal.

kirstie_h

Roving Host

Host, Smart Shopper & Future Vehicles discussions

Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews