Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cadillac SRX Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• jitendra1jitendra1 Posts: 35
    I am looking to replace my X5 in 3 to 4 weeks. Any good deals in central jersey area?

Jay
  • zeenzeen Posts: 390
    A local dealer is advertising a RWD SRX lease for $3k down (total) and $399 a month for 48 months and 12K miles/yr. Is that a good price? Also, how does SmartBuy work? Another dealer is pushing that option. At the end of the 24 month period, you have an option to buy at a set price. I assume you can walk away with no obligation.
  • We leased an SRX about 3 weeks ago with great luck at Gold Coast on Rt. 35...
    Happy to provide additional details if you send me an email (look at my profile)
    Steve
  • amcdadamcdad Posts: 61
    In NY, you cannot lease an SRX (liability reasons with leasing)- they set up a "Smart Buy" whereby you get title and pay tax on the whole car, but it otherwise works like a lease. I am picking mine up today in Western NY: Black, V-6, AWD, Roof, 3rd Row, MSRP 46,780, Invoice 42,717, sales price $41,000, an additonal $3250 in rebates. Payments worked out to: $0 down (except tax, title, registration of approx $3500), $450 a month for 36 months, 12,000 miles a year. Hope it is worth it!
  • beatonesbeatones Posts: 4
    could you let me know what dealer in ny? am interested in same
  • just picked up a black srx v6 base model.sticker was 39k i paid 30790+ 199 doc fee and tax. used all 4k of incentives to acheive this.ended up about 5k under invoice.this deal took a long time to make happen and 400 mile drive.it also was not a good buying experience.but i did win over all.do your homework.they will sell the srx cheap cause inventory is bloated and most people get sticker shock cause gm overbuilt the srx with too many overpriced options.i seen one for just under 60k,thats way outa hand.i sold a house on 6 acres cheaper than that.remember! there is more room than you think.when you buy a car its like a delicate chess match, you must know the info before you go to the dealer.but dont let him know you know the numbers.its a fine strategy,they are playing you and your wallet for the most possible.so buyer beware.let them know you will not buying on the day you go in, no matter what they say.they build more and more caddys everyday.you must be patciant and think clearly and carfully.you can catch them telling lies.i did.thats why a saved a bundle of my hard earned money. good luck to all.its truly a great crossover wagon.
  • b4zb4z Posts: 3,372
    I paid $34.2K for my base V6 or about $4400 off.
    I used the $1500 conquest cash and the $1000 Instant Value certificate.
    Were there additional incnetives on top of those that you used?
  • b4z, 1500 more off on non sunroof models
          (no ultraveiw) all rebates should be 4k total plus dealer discount.what this guy did was low ball me then tried to make it up elseware (trade,finance,ect.)but i wasent having that.the no sunroof showed on the gmbuy power site.was in effect til june 1st check it out,its under current offers. i lost 2k on a corvette a couple of years ago on deal.now i do tons of homework and shopping around.tired of getting beat up on new car sales.now i run the deal my way or walk.after all it is our money. go get you dough!
    I leased mine March 4th so that deal wasn't in effect.
    I did the sign and drive promotion and put nothing down so I am pretty happy with the deal.
    Did not realize that they were now giving $1500 off on V6 models without sunroof.
    I knew the V8s had it.

SRXs don't seem to be selling very well.
  • eaton53eaton53 Posts: 356
    "SRXs don't seem to be selling very well."

Autosite says they've sold 8848 units thru April, a pace that will amount to about 35K for the year. The original forecasts I saw predicted 30K units, so it's actually a bit above.

Question is - have they built over that forecast and now have more units than they can move?
  • cmhpeachcmhpeach Posts: 1
    I have a question for anyone out there who has purchased accessories for their vehicle. My question has to do with Protective Paint finishing and Coating.

Is this necessary or desirable when you bought your car/SUV. The price i am being quoted is $300 and was told that 90% of folks have this done? What is the scoop? What is your opinion on this?

If anyone could reply sooner (today) rather than later I would appreciate it.
  • Stever@EdmundsStever@Edmunds YooperlandPosts: 38,937
    It's just wax; save your money.

Lots more in the Store Bought Waxes Part II (No Zaino Posts) discussion.

Steve, Host
  • pure dealer bull! caddys paint has a superior clear coat thats extreemly durable even without care.however if you wax your car about evey 3 months or so you will reduce ultraviolet rays that slowly degragate the finish.make shure you get all your rebates! including dealer discount too.depending on how much options are on the srx the price off sticker should be good rite now.also there is a incentive change going on rite now so keep an eye out at gm buypower under current offers.i would be a bit sceptical at this point.do you need under coating?window ecthing,extended warranty?get the picture.good luck.
  • Stever@EdmundsStever@Edmunds YooperlandPosts: 38,937
    Don't forget the $200 fabric protection (or you can buy a couple of cans of Scotchgard for $20 and d-i-y).

Steve, Host
  • automan227automan227 Posts: 118
    I was quoted the follow for a 2004 SRX V6 AWD with Luxury Pkg., Ultraview Sunroof, and Power Lumbar seats:

MRSP: 45,780
    Dealer Discount: 2793.71
    Conquest Rebate: 1500

Total: 41,486.29 + Tax and Tags

Is that a reasonable price, or should I negotiate more? Are there any other incentives available on the SRX besides the conquest rebate?

Thanks,

AS
  • manybmwsmanybmws Posts: 347
    Super deal. What were your options?
  • rookierookie Posts: 1
    Finally I am ready to buy a car. I have decided on a 2005 Cadillac SRX with the luxury performance package. According to Kelly Blue Book and Edmunds the MSRP is $52,695 and the invoice is $47,441. Since a search of the dealer base did not produce a car in the color and with the options I want, I will need to order it from the factory. There is a $1000 deposit required but it is refundable. The price is negotiated before ordering. It will take 6-8 weeks to receive. What would be a fair price? Is there room to negotiate since it is a 2005? Any tips or info you have will be appreciated.
  • pbeerspbeers Posts: 26
    I would think that you could get it for around 48-48.5, especially since you are ordering it so the dealer gets an instant sale (and gets to keep all of the factory holdback).

FWIW, we ordered ours (also with Lux Perf Pkg) back in Jan '04 and it took only 4 weeks to arrive at the dealer. 5,000 miles later we thoroughly enjoy it, not a squeak or rattle, and an absolute blast to drive.
  • chili1chili1 Posts: 2
    Hey guys,

I'm probably going to gold coast this weekend, they advertise 0 down everything for an SRX and $279 a month for 24mo smart lease... Is this a deal or what ? it sounds good to me but I'd like a diff oppinion. . . .
    Looks like they made a mistake on that $279 price.

I leased my '04 SRX in March on the sign and drive program with 0 down. They were advertising $459 a month for 48 months.

Which included dealer discount, conquest cash, and
    instant value certificates.