Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cadillac SRX Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• timd3timd3 Posts: 2
    GM has a current promotion to existing GM owners to pay 1st 3 monthly payments (up to $3,000) when purchase is financed through GMAC. Per terms and conditions SRX is an eligible model.

GMAC is also offering 0% financing for 2005 SRX on a 36 month loan in the Northeast.

Before engaging dealers I was curious if anyone knew whether these offers are deemed mutually exclusive. Nothing in terms and conditions to indicate that they are exclusive of each other, but there is the ubiquitous "See your GM dealer for details" phrase contained in the terms and conditions.

Thanks in advance for any feedback.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 27,704
    '05 SRX (assume V6).. service loaners..

$299/mo. for only 24 months.. $2595 due at signing..

About $400/mo. total for only a 24 month lease.. Not too bad for a car that MSRPs for well over $30K, even if it is used.

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• stlgasmanstlgasman Posts: 139
    Has anybody bit on the new lease programs?
  • SylviaSylvia Posts: 1,636
    A TV reporter is hoping to talk with someone who wants to purchase a Cadillac. Please respond to jfallon@edmunds.com with your daytime contact info by May 31, 2005.

Thanks,
    Jeannine Fallon
    Corporate Communications
    Edmunds.com
  • ops1ops1 Posts: 25
    I am trying to get an idea as to a fair price for a 2005 SRX V6 AWD with the 7 passenger value package (I need the 3rd row) - I live in Connecticut.

Edmunds MSRP is $49,550
    Edmunds Invoice is $45,098
    Edmunds TMV is $43,639

There is a $1,000 rebate and $1,000 marketing support on the car right now.

One dealer offered the car to me at $42,000 (plus tax and tags). This seems nowhere near the end of 2004/beginning of 2005 prices discussed above. Have I not shopped it enough yet?
    Am I the only person considering buying this car? Has anyone gotten recent pricing information for a new 2005?
  • thinking2thinking2 Posts: 25
    I'm with you. With the new GMS pricing, right now it looks like the deals in May ($2000 in rebates and low financing) were better. I'm waiting to see how the rest of this month goes and also what happens next month. I'm hoping that they will throw some rebates out on top of the GMS pricing. I saw in a newspaper article that at the end of May SRX inventories were around 120+ days, which is huge. So sooner or later they will have to lower prices to clear inventories for the 2006 models.
    I thought $42K for a V6 AWD with the 7 pass value pkg was too rich. The GMS pricing does not change the deal all that much (I would be buying the car as opposed to lease or smartbuy). I will probably wait another couple of months to see what happens to prices. I think at the end of the day the SRX won't be for me primarily due to pricing - what I really want is a stripped AWD V6 with seating for 7, but due to the packaging I need to get the luxury package (nice goodies, but poor value for the money) and the 7 pass package (again, nice stuff, but insanely high option pricing).
  • slim63slim63 Posts: 1
    Just picked mine up this week 52000 including tax title ... all options; v8 7 passenger nav dvd black on black. Could not be happier so far
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Posts: 10,824
    Have you been trying to buy a GM vehicle with the employee discount, but have had trouble finding the model you want in stock at a dealership? If so, please send your name, daytime phone number and city/state of residence to jfallon@edmunds.com no later than Friday, July 29, 2005.

Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• Just picked up an 06 Black exterior on cashmere interior v8 SRX with Nav, 3rd row, Ultraview sunroof, AWD, Rear DVD & adjustable pedals.

Invoice was $51.2k
    I got it for 48k + 2.9% financing. This is in Seattle area & excludes tax & title.
  • Just went to the Caddy web site and they list an SRX lease for $389/mo for 39month with 10k miles and $3079 due at signing... Does that sound like a good deal?

I am interested in 15k miles and was wondering lease payments for these terms were???
  • I baught an 04' SRX soon afetr it was introduced in 2004. The sticker price was over 52k. it had a V8, 3rd row seat, and XM radio.

its over 900 a month purchase over 60 months
  • i have to say that is best of its class to us compared to the mercedes BMW porsche and lexus

great ride excellent power it could step up the interior luxury though
  • jobeejobee Posts: 1
    I just got quoted $1000 below invoice for the 06 SRX V6 here in Northern California. What kind of deals are you seeing out there? Does anyone know of dealer incentives or marketing support that I can use to drive the price lower?
  • tazmwltazmwl Posts: 3
    just paid $30k for a 2004 CPO with 21k miles, AWD w/V8, didn't include dvd, navigation, or magnetic ride. Seemed like it was priced right.
  • elmer3elmer3 Posts: 20
    How can you determine the MACO fee in a given area without seeing the invoice ?????? Can anyone help me ?? Thanks ELMER
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 27,704
    MACO is a BMW term... It is the advertising fee on a BMW dealer's invoice...

Not really applicable to Cadillac, though they may have their own advertising fees...

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• I really wanted to buy the SRX, but opted for a comparably priced car (with higher consumer satisfaction ratings, though that was not a motivator for me).

Two things Cadillac could do to make me look next time.

First, drop the complexity. When buying a car for $40K-48k+, do people really want to "choose" a list of "package"d amenities similarly priced cars just include (sun roof, a 3rd row seat, AWD, heated seats, univeral home remote, etc, etc, etc)? Who has time for this?

Second, information is power, so use it to your advantage. Most people buying a luxury vehicle are armed with all the info they need to know they're getting a good deal. Even after informing every dealer I spoke to (4 in all) that I was only going to buy a car from a person/dealer who did not waste my time, I still got the usual (or should I say, "dated") run around. Unfortunately for Cadillac, it's not hard to find dealers of other car brands who understand this.

Too bad for such a great American brand.
  • rcf8000rcf8000 Posts: 619
    I think the option packages on the SRX are OK. It's biggest competitor, the RX350, doesn't have AWD, sunroof, heated seats, or a 3rd row seat as standard equipment.