Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Nissan 350Z Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• biancarbiancar Posts: 913
    What do you mean exactly by "padding?" Obviously you have to pay taxes, title, tag, so is that what you mean, $34,600 out the door?

All I can say is I paid $33,500 (not counting taxes, tags, etc.) for my new, '05, touring model Roadster with 49 miles on it when I did the first test drive. Dealer processing fee was $199, par for the course around here.

You said this one was Grand Touring? If it's a Roadster the original sticker would have been more than 37,500, would be closer to 41 or 42k. A coupe would be around 37,000. Then you've got just barely enough miles on it to have it broken in (it's 1295, not 12,950?). So, between 32 - 34k would probably be a good price.

Try running it through Edmunds TMV worksheet here, accounting for "excellent" condition, the 1295 miles, whatever options (cargo net, mud guards, etc. are probably on it, right?), and see what you get. Make sure you put in the right model, coupe or roadster. Then shoot for a thousand or so less than TMV, to account for the model year being about 3/4 over, and see what happens.

Or just pay the man, and start having fun, whatever suits your patience level! :shades:
  • sxzbztsxzbzt Posts: 15
    Thanks for your reply biancar!!

By padding I meant everything on top of the base price. So yes that includes tax title and dealer processing fee.
    Actually From my visit to the dealer, it was a touring not a Grand Touring.The guy on the phone didn't know the right model info. So this is the same as your model.

How did you get your Roadster for 33500? I looked up Edmunds for invoice price on a 2006 touring Roadster. It was around 35744. Did you get yours for 2244 below invoice or did Nissan increase prices that much on the 2006 model? Or is it because of my location (Alpharetta, GA)?

Anyway I put in an offer of 32000 (not including taxes and fees) counting for 15% depreciation over the TMV price of 37800 (for the 2006 touring Roadster). The dealer said he couldn't play ball because of the color being so rare (supposedly only two daytona blue roadsters available in the SouthEast). Can the color account for such a difference in price?

Feel like I am at an impasse here until I increase my offer which I don't want to. They have had that car in their used car division for 3 weeks and still won't sell it at what I think is a reasonable price.
    I got such a good deal because mine is an end of year, left-over 2005, not a 2006, for starters. Plus, because I'm a good negotiator! ;)

Also, it didn't hurt that I've been taking our Maxima in for service to this dealer for the last six years. They know I'm a good customer and will be bringing this one in for service for years to come, as well. If they didn't make much on the sale, they eventually will make it on the service.

You might have to bite the bullet and go up some. Your dealer is probably right that the blue is hard to find. I did a search around here before I pulled the trigger on my red one, and I noticed that black and silver models were easy to find, but white, red and blue were all very rare.

For an '06, in the color you want, well-equipped, 34k is probably not a bad price. Maybe try offering 33 and see if dealer will accept. Thing is a new '06 would cost you around very high 30's, probably. So 33 - 34k really is not a bad price for the very low miles on this particular car.

Also ask about their free tire program - in order to get it you have to have ALL scheduled maintenance services done at that dealer. If that is ok with you, might help make the sale.

Edited to add - I just went to the TMV calculator and ran some samples on a new 2006. Typically equipped (with AT, splash guards, cargo net, carpets, etc.) TMV came to $38,034. Add in 18" wheels (which mine also has) and TMV increases another $1500. Both Redline and Daytona Blue have a "color adjustment" upwards (Redline - $59 more and Daytona Blue - $30 more.)

So, depending on exactly how this car you're considering is equipped, I'd still say 33 to 34k would be a very good price. Anything under $35k is probably reasonable. (That's again assuming you're right on the mileage, that it's 1295, which means just past the "broken in" dividing line of 1200 miles.)

Good luck!
  • sxzbztsxzbzt Posts: 15
    Thanks for the advis Biancar!

I am seriously thinking about it. I think I may be able to get it for 33000 if the dealer still has it since they were willing to consider my 32000 offer. But I don't think this one has the 18" wheels since those are only chrome right? I am still a little jealous of your great deal. Wish I had your negotiating skills!!

Who knows when I will be able to locate a Daytona Blue Touring Roadster again?

A lot of people have been test driving this car so the miles have gone up from 1296 to 1310 but even then I don't mind. It is definitely a fun car without the "stigma" of a luxury brand name.
  • 350zis300350zis300 Posts: 1
    I just went to Nissan dealer yeasterday, and got a offer for 34K before tax. sticker price is 37.5K, plus..
    they can not this car anywhere in Eastern Cost.
    so i end up ordering from Japan, and i will get this car in next 2 months.. is this good deal? or bad deal? or average deal? what do you guys think? :confuse:
    What options, if any? Have you run it through the Edmunds TMV calculator?

But it sounds like you're negotiating on a car that the dealer doesn't even have, is that right? Usually that's not a good idea. Better to go on-line and check Nissan inventory within, say, 50 miles of you, and see if you can find what you want closer to home. You will virtually always get a better deal on a car that a dealer actually has sitting on his lot versus ordering something.
    "But I don't think this one has the 18" wheels since those are only chrome right?"

No, the wheels are a light silver alloy, but they're not shiny chrome. Look on the tires to be sure; if they're 18" (or whatever they are) it will be on the sidewall.

Who knows when I will be able to locate a Daytona Blue Touring Roadster again?

Well, you're right about that. If this is really and truly the car you want... well, think long and carefully about the interplay between your budget and your wants! While I commend you for sticking to a budget, at the same time if you *could* afford to go a little higher and get this car, which seems to be a very good deal even at a little more than you're presently offering - well, just think about it pretty carefully. One risk: spending more than you want to. Second risk: losing out on a bargain-priced, nearly new, car that you like.

Cars will come and go. So will money! Up to you which means more to you at the moment.

Just FWIW: I went to the dealer this a.m. to pick up my plates. He has NO roadsters on the lot right now: after I bought mine, someone else bought the black Grand Touring model he had, and that was it for a while. He's got at least two coupes, one in Interlagos Fire, getting dusty, doesn't look like it's been moved from its parking place since I last saw it a month ago, and a brand new one in light silver.

Roadsters are really not all that easy to find, especially at a discounted price.
    So, did you get it? The world is waiting to know.

Of the three of us posters most active here recently (you, 4runnerv8sport, and me), you're the only hold-out not running around town, enjoying the sunshine, in a beautiful 350Z roadster right now!

Not that there's any pressure or anything.... ;)

I have nearly 1700 miles on mine now, in exactly 4 weeks of ownership. Went down to the Outer Banks in North Carolina for a couple weeks - absolutely gorgeous driving in the counties slightly west of the beaches around there, through a nature preserve, near the Alligator River, and so on. It was so much fun doing that in a convertible, a completely different experience than in a closed-up sedan.
  • corndoggcorndogg Posts: 2
    Hi everyone,

I am looking for the current money factors and residuals for 2006 350z's. It seems like the 39 and 48 month terms have the best residuals but I am flexible. 12k and 15k preferred.

Thanks
  • nghtshd88nghtshd88 Posts: 7
    October of 05....
    2k, yellow 35th aniv. edition for $4800, beat that price
  • sasukesasuke Posts: 77
    Has anyone leased any 350z base coupes lately? What were the #s?
  • wannazeewannazee Posts: 2
    Hi All,

As you might expect, I am testing a Z this weekend and want to arm myself with the knowledge and considered opinions of those who came before. I have been hunting for a ragtop in sunny Cleveland (AKA-the mistake on the lake) for a few months now and stumbled across a beauty on autotrader... So here it goes:

2004 Z roadster with 8400 miles on the clock. Car lived in FLA for first part of it's life (snowbird.... ):one-owner trade-in on a new 2007 Mercedes-Benz SL550(it is at an MB dealer). Z is pearl white paint with light gray interior and a blue top. (absolutely stunning color combination), The dealer is not sure on the model type, so here are the options: Cassette, Multi Compact Disc, ABS (4-Wheel), Air Conditioning, AM/FM Stereo, Bose Premium Sound, Dual Front Air Bags, Front Side Air Bags, Dual Power Seats, Power Steering, Power Windows, Power Door Locks, Tilt Wheel, Cruise Control, Traction Control, Leather, Alloy Wheels, Continuously Variable Valve Timing Control System (CVTCS), Front/rear stabilizer, P225/50WR17 SBR high performance front tires, P235/50WR17 high performance rear tires, 4-wheel vented disc brakes w/Electronic Brakeforce Distribution (EBD), Nissan Direct Ignition System (NDIS), Speed-sensitive pwr rack & pinion steering, Viscous limited slip differential, Traction control system, 17 7-spoke aluminum alloy wheels, Too much info yet :blush: ????

They are asking 31995.00 which is right where EDMUNDS said they'd be... My question: where is my line in the sand? 27??? 26.5???

Opinions?

Thank you ALL very much in advance for any advice you offer!!!!!
    Wanna (Z) :shades:
  • qbrozenqbrozen Posts: 16,895
    That would be a Touring model.

But, if they don't know, keep that under your hat. I'm not sure how they can fairly price it without knowing, but whatever.

Anyway ... I'm "feeling" $27,5. give or take $500.

'13 Stang GT; '86 Benz 300E; '98 Volvo S70; '12 Leaf; '08 Town&Country

Sounds about right to me, too.

Two months ago I bought a new Z Touring Roadster, '05 (left over from December), for $33,500, plus free tires if I get all my service work done at the dealer. (Incidentally, dealer started at $34,500, didn't take long to go down a thousand. There were some good dealer incentives/rebates from Nissan at the time.)

So for an '04, I'd say high 20's should be a fair price. I wouldn't pay $32,000 for a car that's already got some miles on it like that.

Have you discovered the my350z.com site? You might want to check in there too. The '03's and some of the '04's had a tire alignment problem which lead to feathering. Nissan was fixing this under warranty. You might want to check and see if this car's tires have been re-aligned.

Also look at the sticker on inside of the driver's side front door and see when it was made. The later in '04 it was built, the better, as the so-called "04.5" cars in the latter half of the year supposedly were tweaked a bit to avoid this problem.

By the way, if this is going to be your daily driver in Cleveland, also plan on spending some bucks for dedicated snow tires and rims. Those high-performance tires are also known as "don't even THINK of driving me in snow" tires.

All that said, I really love this car. Fun to drive, feels very stable on the highway, looks great - what's not to love? ;)
  • wannazeewannazee Posts: 2
    Thanks so much for the fast replies! I really appreciate the advice and the tips to watch out for. It may become academic i fear... Just had a REAL buzz-kill of a chat with my insurance guy... Here's the thing. Until this little hottie came along and stole my heart, i had pretty much decided on a new Mustang GT ragtop. When I found the Z and it really turned my head. H U G E difference in rates!!!! :surprise: Nearly double! Have you all found the same??? Has to do with IGR's (insurance group ratings; accidents/thefts/etc...) The V8 was cheaper?!?!?!?

biancar, would you REALLY drive a Z in the snow? For some reason--maybe the low profile--that thought hadn't even occurred to me... Maybe the 'stang, but not the Z. Anyone with any winter driving experiences?
    biancar, would you REALLY drive a Z in the snow?

Absolutely not. My Z will be garaged if there is even a hint of snow in the air. I live in Virginia (and in the summer, in the Outer Banks of NC), so snow is not that frequent, fortunately. Maybe two or three weeks out of the winter, four at most, on average.

But I grew up in Michigan and am very familiar with "lake effect" snow! You mentioned Cleveland so I was just pointing out that you'll need different tires if you plan on winter driving. If you're garaging it, that's much, much smarter, of course.

Insurance: it was amazing how LOW my insurance rates were. I have USAA. For my 6 year old Maxima plus the new Z, total is around $900 per year. The Max alone I think was around $500.

Maybe you should check around for better rates. What helped me: we have a high deductible (I want insurance for calamities, not for nickel and dime stuff), I'm married and retired, both cars are for low-mileage pleasure driving rather than commuting (live near Metro, so even when I was working, the Max was considered a low-mileage, for pleasure only, driver.) And both cars with one carrier was another discount.

Maybe have another chat with your insurance guy and see if you can work the numbers differently. Ask what it would be with $1,000 deductible. If it still comes out really high, and assuming you are older than 25, then start calling around. GEICO, State Farm, see what else you can get.
    that insurance issue is really strange. I'd say it must be a company thing. My insurance rates have been the same for my volvo, lincoln, 350z, and now my accord. Why? Because each one was classified as a "sporty" car according to my insurance company. The "T5" moniker on the volvo thrust it into that category, as well as the "v8" in the lincoln, and the 6-speed tranny in the accord (the z is pretty obvious why it qualifies as such).

• tenzotenzo Posts: 24
    I got a car and this is the deal!!
    Tell me what u guys r thinking

======================================
    Touring 2dr Convertible (3.5L 6cyl 6M)
    Base MSRP† $37,650
    Exterior Color
    Magnetic Black
    Interior Color
    Ventilated Burnt Orange Leather
    Transmission
    6-speed Manual
    Packages and Options
    Orange Seats incl
    Side Air Bags incl
    Accessories††
    Carpeted Floor Mats $90
    Subtotal $37,740
    Destination and Handling $605
    Total Configured MSRP† $38,345
    Invoce $35,489

the dealer offer me $1000 below invoice which means 34489 +tax and fees

tell me about it!!
    Sounds good! This is an '06? Nissan must be starting with the dealer incentives to clear them out before the '07's come around.

So how are you liking it? Grin permanently plastered on your face now? ;)
    Is this an '06? Is there a trade involved? Does this car have any miles?

If the answers to these questions are yes, no, and no, then that's a fantastic deal. There are no incentives on the '06 Z right now, so the dealer is wanting to move the car for next to zero profit for some strange reason.