Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Nissan 350Z Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Hi, I have been quoted a price of $27,400 for a 2007 base model 350z with the following options, carpet floor mats, trunk mat, cargo convenience package. The dealer claims this is approximately $400 above invoice, can anyone verify that? From what I have seen on the internet, the base invoice is around $26095 for the base 2007s.
    Bottom line, is this a "fair" price?
  • qbrozenqbrozen Posts: 17,199
    According to carsdirect, invoice with those extras comes to $26,881. So he is more like $500 over invoice. Carsdirect also gives me a purchase price of $27,531. So it seems your deal is OK. Not great, just OK. If you like the car, go for it. You may be able to knock of another 1 or 2 or 3 hundred, but only you can decide if it is worth the hassle and legwork to do so.

'13 Stang GT; '86 Benz 300E; '98 Volvo S70; '12 Leaf; '14 Town&Country

• I just bought an '07 last week. I learned to use a site like Edmunds to get dealer quotes and then work from there. I pitted two dealerships against each other and was happy with the results. I went to the showroom of one dealership, and found they had one of the new Solar Orange ones, base model with kick plates, trunk mat and a couple of other small options, so I just had to have it. They said because it's going to be a rare color, they knew they'd get good money for it and didn't want to budge on the price, and wanted to charge me 29,500 or somewhere around there. I went home and did the quote request and found another dealer that had access to one in the exact same specs. We negotiated online via email, and we worked it for 27,100 and free oil changes. I let the original dealership match it, but they had already lost me. It was a fun experience and I learned to use this valuable tool. My car is amazing, and I couldn't justify stepping up from a base when speed and handling is what's most important to me, and the base provides this. The Solar Orange is an amazing color that people just have to see up close. I highly recommend a Z if you understand that you may have to sacrifice some comfort for performance...lot's of performance. Also, let me tell you this. I was with Allstate Insurance and received a quote on the Z for 375 per month! Found a company called Unitrin Direct and I now pay 117 a month, and that's with a suspension and 3 tix. Before you let insurance price you out of a Z, which mine almost did, do your homework and do an online quote for that too. Hope this helps!
  • dat2dat2 Posts: 242
    Can anyone give a rundown of their opinion on the chgs to the new model? How is the extra power and the other revisions? Is it worth upgrading from an 05 model if you get a good trade-in value? I like the chgs such as the extra power and the now 1000 extra revs. At least on paper it all sounds great. Any ideas what the 08 models will be like? Maybe the new 3.7 engine (370Z)? :confuse:
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    Hey veal999. I would be happy to use Nissan's current lease program to calculate what your lease payment should be like on this car for you. According to my calculations, if you were to lease a 2007 Nissan 350Z Convertible Grand Touring that has an MSRP of $44,500 and a selling price of $43,500 through Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp. right now for 36 months with 12,000 miles per year, your zero down, pre-tax monthly payment should be around $774. While this is a pretty scary monthly payment, it's not nearly as bad as the $900 per month that you were quoted. I always advise consumers against making large down payments on leases. Those who make them risk losing them if their vehicle is totaled in an accident or stolen and never recovered. If you really want to make a $3,000 capitalized cost reduction on the aforementioned lease, it would lower the monthly payment to around $682. A $4,500 down payment would drop it to around $635.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • movistarmovistar Posts: 17
    I went to a Nissan dealer and was quoted a price of $31,900 for a 350z touring model. The MSRP was $37,000 with an additional markup of $3999 which was what they claim an adjusted market demand for the vehicle. I wouldn't even think of paying that. It has navigation,auto,xm
    Does that sound like a good deal?
    Also what is the base money factor, and residual value? Thanks!
    why would the idiots have additional markup and then discount it so far below msrp? what a crock.

anyway, is this a brand new '07 with no miles?

according to carsdirect in my area, the msrp is $36,595, invoice is $33,732, and their price is $350 over invoice.

So you were quoted nearly $2k below invoice. I'd say that's a screaming deal if it is all on the up and up. Sounds fishy to me, though.

Its crazy! They have the MSRP listed then they have an additional sticker that adds $3999 for adjusted market value and a few other small things. I'm supposed to be getting a family discount, which is why I'm getting this deal. But yes, its a brand new model '07 no miles. I hope this is the same car its the touring with navigation and leather auto. Does anyone know the money factor and residual?
  • biancarbiancar Posts: 913
    This is the coupe with manual? KBB gives the following figures: $33,325.00 MSRP, Invoice Not Available,
    What consumers are really paying for this vehicle,
    $32,992.00

If you're talking automatic, it's $33,825.00 for MSRP,
    Invoice is $31,329.00, What consumers are really paying for this vehicle is $33,487.00.

(I suspect the "what consumers are actually paying" is a little high.)

This is with no other options at all, and most cars on a dealers lot will have a few options, like cargo nets and aluminum kickplates and so forth. What all is on the car you looked at to bring it up to $37k? Or are you looking at the roadster?

So $31,900 sounds like a deal. If it's the automatic, that's $600 over invoice, a very respectable deal. Why they add AMV is to make you *feel* like you're getting a real screamer of a deal, when in fact you're getting just a plain ol' good deal.

Edited to add: playing around on the KBB site a little more, if you add virtuall *ALL* the goodies, from floor mats to "convenience package" to DVD-based nav. system to XM or Sirius radio, it adds up to an MSRP of around $37,000. So the car you're looking at better be loaded with all that, if the dealer's claim is true about MSRP there.

Otherwise it should be closer to 33,xxx, in which case your deal as described sounds decent.
    MSRP is $37,xxx with DVD,NAV and leather. I was given a quote of $31,900. I wanted to find the money factor and residual.
    Go to the Nissan 350Z: Lease questions topic. You'll probably get a better answer there. It's in the "Prices Paid: Buying and leasing experiences" forum.
    Car man,

MSRP $37,xxx seling price $31,900 what is the current base money factor and residual? If I put down nothing but first payment, what would my payment be?

'07 Nissan 350z touring with leather and NAV. Thanks
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    Hi movistar. This car's lease program varies by term and mileage allowance. For now I will assume that you are interested in a 36 month lease with 15,000 miles per year. Let me know if you want something different. Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2007 350Z Touring Coupe with 15,000 miles per year are .00295 and 51%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • imgigabitimgigabit Posts: 6
    07 Touring w/auto and Got an offer of $31300 + TTL. Like to know if this is good. Thanks
    What's list price?

Have you checked the true market value feature on the Edmunds home page?
  • imgigabitimgigabit Posts: 6
    You mean dealer invoice? It is 31,150. TMV from Edmunds is 32849.
    That would indicate that $31,300 is a pretty decent price then. You're under the Edmunds' TMV by a bit, and just slightly over invoice. For an '07, I'd say that's great. If you want it, jump on it.
  • California Dealer
    07 350Z Roadster (Ragtop)
    Carbon Silver with Frost

MSRP: $38,865

Selling Price: $36,250 (Invoice of $35,929)
    $321.00 OVER Invoice

51% residual = $19,821
    36 Months
    15K/yr
    MF of .02020

Trade In "credit" of $3,859.00 - this will be my "out of pocket"/drive off and includes $595 acquisition fee and 1st mo payment (Therefore, I will not have to open the checkbook)

ADJUSTED CAP COST: $32,987

Base payment of $472.37 + 7.25% taxes ($34.25) = $506.62

Paperwork has been signed but I have not yet "rolled" the car or "burned gas"

Should I re-negotiate or is this a good deal?

Thankx

SKIP
  • dadszdadsz Posts: 14
    Got the last one at the dealer in Annapolis. Silverstone with black top, mats, wheel locks, out the door for $32,600 + TTL. MSRP was $38,675, car had 98 miles on it. Edmunds TMV for a certified used 2006 with 0 miles was $34,125 and Dealer TMV price was $32,889. I figured the certified used was the closest comparison point with the Dealer TMV price as the floor. So, I am a happy roadster today...
  • ross99ross99 Posts: 1
    Dadz - you got a great deal... I am in a similar situation with an NJ dealer, but he won't go below $34,900. Did you get the extras like carpets, splash guards, alum kick pl etc?
    Hi Ross99,

Yep, the Z came with carpeted floor mats and trunk mat, splash guards, wheel locks, and alum. kick plate.

Dealer had the car at $34,239 at the Nissan 'Tent Sale' event. After driving it with my wife, we talked a little about it. I used the TMV here as my negotiating tool. No matter what the dealer will say, the car is worth only what the TMV tells you in my opinion. As soon as you drive it off the lot, it's going to be in the TMV range. So you need to work with your dealer to get the price down around where mine was. Otherwise you are going to lose between $1,000 and $1,600 in depreciation while financing it over the term of your car loan.

The dealer I worked with did not lose money (and I don't expect him to either). I saved him making another interest payment on the car's floorplan loan, he also has his holdback and any advertising money. He also has an inflated MSRP due to the transportation charge of $695. (No way does it cost that much to bring a car up from Norfolk to Annapolis). We had two rounds of negotiations over 45 minutes. In the end, they probably made a couple of hundred on the car, but they also got rid of their last 2006 and now can concentrate on making money on their 2007s.

BTW same model 2007 Touring Roadster with the exact same options shows a sticker MSRP of $38,975 ($300 increase over 2006).

Good luck with your dealer. It's a great car...
  • opathalopathal Posts: 1
    Couple chips here and there, but a GREAT car driven by my mom. They wanted to make me a deal on the vehicle as it was babied and my folks decided to get a Benz. I am very conservative with my money and worried about getting a car that is expensive to operate. My 03 Tacoma is a great car, but my fiance's 180K Camry just died.

Am I an idiot not to take this deal. They originally purchased the car for 42K all said and done. Any problems I need to worry about? Thanks everyone!
    That's less than wholesale in my neck of the woods, so yeah, you should jump on it, IMHO.

other than eating tires, there's not much to worry about.

Opathal,

Jump on it. Don't worry about the tires either. Most of the 2005s were fine, it was the 2003s that most people complain about... that's a great deal...

Mechanically, this is a very good car. With 21K miles, it's hardly even broken in. You should get YEARS of fun from the car.
  • scrugh_77scrugh_77 Posts: 8
    hey guys,

i have been reading most of this thread... just wanted to find out what's the best price for the base model MANUAL 6 SPEED.... in southern california... bought... and from which dealership.... any extras they threw in...

THANKS...
    Just curious for why you want a base model?

You might want to think about going up a notch or two to get traction control. Anecdotal evidence indicates that it's well worth it.
    well b/c it's my second car.. i don't want to put more money to make it luxurious and comfortable... i want it as a sports car...i was considering touring model but would rather save the $5K and keep that to fix up the base model..
    Well, OK, I get the not making it luxurious and comfortable part - but traction control has to do with basic safety. Doesn't matter if it's a second car or not. (Mine is a second car too.)

Personally I think they shouldn't even sell the base model as currently equipped; I wish they didn't sell any model without traction control. Wish they would include that on the base model, with interior as is, and then the folks who also want the leather interior and what-not can step up to touring if they want, but everyone will have that basic protection.

I've read in the my350z.com forum about too many serious accidents to be "oh well, so what" about the base model.

Your choice of course, just something you might do well to keep in mind.
    yes i do understand... u are right... well thanks for enlightening me.... since u are helpful... what should i go with

350z touring OR G35 c premium package...

thanks