Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Nissan 350Z Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• sxzbztsxzbzt Posts: 15
    Nope no navi available but definitely love the wheels!!

Don't know about the miles. Dealer says he got it from auction. Car was originally from Tennesse. There is another one left over in TN same color, this one's new. Dealer's asking 34900 before taxes but no chrome.

How come there are so many of the metallic yellow left over from 2005?
  • biancarbiancar Posts: 913
    How come there are so many of the metallic yellow left over from 2005?

Just not as popular a color as they had hoped it would be. Appears even sports car buyers can be very traditional. The most common color is Silverstone. I read someplace that half of all Z's were some shade of silver. Which, to me, is very bland - nice enough and all, just not my cup o' tea.

I've got Redline. To me, the red, blue, yellow and white all look great. I thought that was a rule, sports cars were supposed to look, well, sporty, and not like a would-be conservative sedan? :shades:

(Just kidding, all you Silverstone owners! No offense meant!)

Anyway, I hope you have many miles of happy motoring in the Anniversary Yellow; it's a fun, "look at me!" kind of color, shows a certain personality, so if that's what floats your boat, should suit you well.
  • newznewz Posts: 1
    Just got my 2006 350Z (silverstone w/burnt orange leather seats) with touring package plus rear spoiler.

Ferman Nissan
    Tampa, FL

MSRP $34085
    Dealer sold it "at invoice" for $30730. Seemed like a good deal.
  • speed21speed21 Posts: 5
    hi guys i am a new member here... i am 17 years old and in few months i wanna buy my first car, here r the cars that i m thinkin of:bmw 330ci, 350Z, infiniti G35... but the car that i really like is the 350Z , i want it a automatic (tiptronic) transmission.. so i wanna ask u if the tiptronic Z performs the same as the Manual Z ??? acceleration....... i m really looking forward to buy one...
    i am 1 years old

Bit precocious to buy a car at age 1, no? ;)

The manual and the automatic are slightly different animals. If you live or drive a lot of time near a large city where there is a lot of stop and go traffic, you'll be glad to have an automatic.

Are you looking to race on the track or drive like a normal person on the highway and around town? I think the automatic will give you everything you need, even the fun of "shifting for yourself" sometimes. Chances are, you'll end up leaving it in automatic 99% of the time anyway.
    hi sorry i meant i am 17 years old hehe... and about the 350Z, i want it automatic coz i live in the city so there will be some traffic , .. and i m not gonna race on tracks coz here (i live in lebanon) there is no tracks to compete our cars on it ... so it will be just for roads and streets , and i am used to drive BMW's (we have 4 BMW's) so u know i want the Z coz its beautiful and RWD so it will be good for some drifting, so i want to have some fun with it on highways speeding, and on twisty roads, and i want it automatic, so do u think the (tiptronic) will perform the same as the manual?
    I'm going to sound like your friendly loving aunt here - you're 17. If you want to see 18 - try to hold it back on the speeding and drifting, ok?

Good friend of mine just lost his 17 year old nephew to youthful stupidity. The boy's mom is devastated and the family is struggling to go on. Don't put your family through that.

And don't think you're so good you're invincible. You're not.

You want to race, find a track or a club or something.

(Rant off.) ;)
    hi man , thx for ur concern really ...about speeding and drifting..it didnt meant that i will always drift on twisty roads and always race on streets, i just meant that in the 350Z automatic(tiptronic) does it perform as the manual? for example acceleration, ...... got it ? sometimes when u have a fast car as the Z or BMW as we have, u like to speed, so the tiptronic performs well right ? and can u compare it to the manual ..thx guys..and do u advice me to buy one?(automatic transmission)
  • qbrozenqbrozen Posts: 16,889
    i replied to your message in the Z owners thread.

'13 Stang GT; '86 Benz 300E; '98 Volvo S70; '12 Leaf; '08 Town&Country

• hangtime03hangtime03 Posts: 13
    Hi All,

Looking for the residuals and money factors for a 2006 Z Touring model- 24, 35, and 39 month leases, 12000 miles-

Thanks!
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,518
    You;re welcome, hangtime03. If you were to lease a 2006 Nissan 350Z Coupe Touring through Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp. right now for 36 months with 12,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be .00285 and 52%. The numbers for an otherwise identical 39 month lease should be .00285 and 51%.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forums
    Hi Mike. This car's lease payment will depend upon what its selling price is. Let's say that you were only given a $500 discount on it. According to my calculations, if you were to lease a base 2006 Nissan 350Z Coupe with an MSRP of $29,500 and a selling price of $29,000 through Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp. right now for 36 months with 12,000 miles per year, your zero down, pre-tax monthly payment should be around $536. I advise consumers against making down payments when leasing because those who do risk losing them if their vehicle is totaled in an accident or stolen and never recovered, but if you were to make a $2,000 down payment on this car it would drop the monthly payment for an otherwise identical lease to around $474. These are before tax, so with tax you will be approaching $500 a month, which is more than you were hoping to pay but still way less than the dealer that you visited quoted you. If you were able to negotiate a larger discount than $500, this car's payment would drop.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forums
    Hello lainen. A price that's below dealer invoice is an excellent deal on a new 2006 350Z. The money factor that you were quoted for this car is a little high though. Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s current buy rate lease money factor for the '06 350Z is .00295 and I believe that it was even less than this in June. Perhaps you are having your car's security deposit waived. NMAC will waive its security deposit requirement in exchange for an increase of .00015 in a vehicle's money factor.

One thing that I notice about the deal that you described is the huge down payment that you are making. If your leased 350Z is totaled in an accident or stolen and never recovered during the above lease, your nearly $5,000 down payment will essentially disappear. You would be better off keeping that money in the bank and using it to supplement your car's monthly payment or make a few of them for you. Here's what a zero down lease of this car would look like if you are interested. According to my calculations, a 39 month, 12,000 mile per year lease through NMAC of a 2006 Nissan 350Z Touring Coupe with an MSRP of $34,085 and a selling price of $30,869 should have a zero down, pre-tax monthly payment of around $491.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forums
    Greetings hangtime03. Here's the info that you're looking for. If you were to lease a 2006 Nissan 350Z Coupe Touring through Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp. right now for 24 months with 12,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be .00285 and 61%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease should be .00285 and 52%. The numbers for a 39 month lease should be .00285 and 51%.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forums
  • hangtime03hangtime03 Posts: 13
    As always- thanks again
  • nylradnylrad Posts: 1
    Hi. I saw your post and would like to ask you a question. That price of $30,730 for a 2006 350Z sounds like a great deal. Is it the convertible? I'm looking for one right now and grew up in the Clearwater/Largo area and would consider coming down from South Carolina if the price would make it worthwhile?
  • Hi all,

I'm just about to take the plunge and get a 2006 350Z (either Touring or Enthusiast). Just curious what sort of leases people are getting out there? I know leasing has a ton of variables that effect monthly payments, but I'd still like to hear some of the scenarios that people have out there.

Many thanks!
    -Scott
    Coupe or roadster?

And you're right, tons of variables. Just curious, why are you leasing instead of buying?
    You're very welcome, hangtime03.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Coupe.

As for why I'm leasing? I have always leased my cars. For tax reasons and the fact that I love to get a new car every 2-4 years. It's always made sense for me. No reason to purchase a depreciating asset that I wouldn't get a tax break on and that I know I'm going to sell in a couple years...

-Scott