Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Nissan 350Z Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• mateenmateen Posts: 1
    After looking through all the inventory in Los Angeles I finally found one car with Liquid aluminum paint and burn orange leather interior.
    The car was in storage still wrapped in plastic at Universal City Nissan
    The salesman asked me to drive it back to the dealership. I knew right then that this car was mine. When we got back to the dealership all the salepeople kept looking at the car saying they had never seen a Z like that one.

Anyway I got a Touring Z with navigation and auto for $36,000. Edmonds had recommended a price of $35,700 and the dealer wanted $37,000 for the longest time. I've never been so excited about a new car!!!
  • jaquinojaquino Posts: 90
    Congratulations! I was pretty excited too when I got my car last December. Looks like you got all the bells and whistles.
  • smazzy4smazzy4 Posts: 16
    just got my '04 touring roadster, silverstone, orange/black seats, 18" wheels, kickplates and mats for $36,441 or a $1000 over invoice.
  • jaquinojaquino Posts: 90
    Congrats!

That is amazing, I guess they are discounting on the roadsters now. Back in December of last year you were lucky to get one at MSRP.
  • vinnynyvinnyny Posts: 780
    I just got an end-of-month only offer for a 2004 350Z Roadster and I'm not sure if I should take it: $1,000 over invoice. I've seen people paying $1k over on this board, but is that still a good price this late in the model year? Thanks for your opinion...
  • I think you can prolly do better-I originally got $700 over invoice but they worked real hard to get me what I wanted so I consented to the $1000 over.
    Thanks smazzy. I actually threatened to walk and they came down to $500 over plus $50 doc fee. The only thing holding me back is the rumors about a more powerful 2005 model.
  • Mossy Nissan in Houston is only willing to knock $400-$500 off MSRP for an '04 Performance Coupe. I had a chat with my salesguy, and we even logged onto Edmunds so I could show him the TMV. He told me (with a straight face) that they had never discounted a Z more that $400 off MSRP. To add insult to injury, they offered me an insultingly small amount for my immaculate trade. Looks like no Z for me!
    Go somewhere else. I ordered the last 350z Roadster (6-speed, Enthusiast) in AZ and CA for $2,140 under MSRP. No dealer add-ons, no BS. Coupes were going for even bigger discounts. If you have to, buy the car on-line and have it shipped. It will cost you less and you may save on sales tax too.

Good luck!
  • iancianc Posts: 3
    can you or anyone let me know which dealership in LA area?
    I am currently looking for a Z and try to work hard to get a great deal.

Thanks,
    Ian
    Ian:

I ordered mine from Power Nissan of El Monte. The only problem is that most dealers don't have much inventory in roadsters if you want a 6 speed. If you haven't already, try the Nissanusa.com website and search their inventory.

Good luck!
    My new 350Z Roadster arrived today and I sent it right back. Somewhere between the showroom floor in El Monte and my office in Tucson, the air dam got curbed and left a 9" gash. So, I refused delivery and sent the car back.

What a drag! The dealer was totally understanding and offered to fix the damage, but in my book "new" means undamaged. Now I'm back to hunting for a deal...
  • iancianc Posts: 3
    I got an offer 750 + invoice for roadster touring 2004.

Do you think this is good or I should wait for 2005?
  • After doing what is probably WAY to much research, I have a final plan to get my new 350Z

-I plan on getting a 350Z Enthusiast (preferably blue).
    -I am selling my old car instead of trading it in.
    -I should have 1000-2000 cash for down payment.
    -I am getting a loan at my local credit union (I have done much business with them before).
    -I intend to search the three local dealer web sites and locate an Enthusiast that fits my needs.
    -I plan on printing out Edmunds TMV and a similar CarMax asking price.
    -I plan on going in to the dealership with the vehicle that most closely resembles what I want.
    -The first salesman that walks up to me will hear -I will buy this car right now cash if you can sell it for 27,500 (a bit below TMV counting no options... like floormats)".
    -I plan on entertaining no more than 2 other offers, and if its more than 28,000 I am walking to the other dealers.

Does this sound like a good plan? I am not typically a rude/confrontoation person, but looking at sticker prices, the dealerships here are crazy. 2000 for a *protection package*?

I work hard for my money, and I don't want to get taken. Does this sound like a fair offer and a method that will work?
  • fish8fish8 Posts: 2,282
    The more money you save up front on the purchase of the Z, will likely be used to buy new tires every 10,000 miles due to alignment issues.
  • My understanding was the feathering was fixed in the 04.5s and 05s, and that Nissan replaced the affected ones free anyhow...

is this STILL a significant issue?
  • Tacomaboy,

My 2004.5 has no feathering yet *knock on wood* at 9000+ miles. So far I am happy, I hope to reach 15k before I have to replace the fronts.

When posting, be careful when using the "2004.5" designation at the main "Nissan 350Z" form. A guy over there is arguing with me about using that.

I posted about feathering and he knocks me for using 2004.5 LOL.
  • lee_wlee_w Posts: 239
    Owners club may be a good place to check?
    Owner's club
    Goodluck.
  • I am planning on making an offer today.

Trick is my credit union offered me 4.45% but only up to wholsale!

So I have to cover TTL and any amount over invoice.

I have 2500 cash to put down.

Found a Blue Enthusiast 6spd, Edmunds and KBB show invoice at 27212.

So the most I can pay out the door is 27212 + 2500 = 29712.

In TX, does this sound like something the dealer will accept?

He'd better if he wants to sell it hehe.

But whats is the best way to negotiate? Should I try and focus on the OTD price or should I try and negotiate on the vehicle price (I believe 27700 or so should put me at around my limit).
  • You really should negotiate an OTD price - this reduces the possibility of invoice scams & sudden extras when you're signing the paperwork. If $27,700 is your upper limit, you don't want to negotiate a $26,900 sales price and then find a $350 ad fee, a $75 documentation fee, and a $200 administrative fee tacked on.

kirstie_h
    Roving Host & Future Vehicles Host

Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.