Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Nissan 350Z Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• eeezzzeeezzz Posts: 2
    The price is based on supply and demand in your area. It all depends on where you're buying.
    Check-out www.kbb.com for pricing in your area.
    It may pay you to shop outside your area. I drove 75 miles to buy my 2004 "Enthusiast" for $27,000.00
  • qbrozenqbrozen Posts: 17,150
    For a Touring Roadster? Hmmmm... my first instinct was to say its not a great price ... but where do you live? In a warmer part of the country, that's probably a pretty good deal, but not so much if you live in the snow belt.

Just for comparison, I paid $26K for my '04 Touring coupe just 2 months ago (9K miles) .... so I figure a Roadster is worth, what? Maybe $3K more? (completely guessing here ... new MSRP looks to be a heckuva lot more for Roadster to Coupe.)

But, I live in New Jersey and there was snow on the ground when I purchased.

'13 Stang GT; '86 Benz 300E; '98 Volvo S70; '12 Leaf; '14 Town&Country

• thenebeanthenebean Posts: 1,124
    touring roadsters brand new go for around $37000 plus MSRP depending on equipment. I'd say that a pre-owned one with low miles like that at the price he is indicating sounds like a fair deal to me.

roadster is worth more along the lines of $4000-$5000 over the coupe, depending on trim...

hope that helped!

-thene
  • thorenathorena Posts: 1
    I also went to Maxwell Nissan in Round Rock this weekend and they offered $200 over invoice. Was looking for a 6 speed roadster which they had. Thinking whether I should buy...problem is, how do I know their invoice price is really invoice?
  • geoman993geoman993 Posts: 4
    I just got a brand new 2005 350z touring automatic from a dealer Southern California and here's their best quotation on a 05 Touring Automatic:
    MSRP: $33740
    Invoice: $31347
    Their offered price: 29000
    Edmunds Invoice Price: $30700
    Got it for 2137 below invoice

Pick it up that same day.
  • miata007miata007 Posts: 129
    Congrats! That's the best price I've seen so far. How did you obtain this price?

• fish8fish8 Posts: 2,282
    Good Luck!
  • ebenrickebenrick Posts: 2
    Just out of my own person curiosity where did they obtain the 2137 under invoice? Are you leaving out a trade? I don't understand why a dealership would lose any where from 1000 to 2000 after holdback

Just Curious, hoping to pull this off myself but need to know exactly how you did it. :P
  • jonzjonz Posts: 1
    I am going to buy a 350z in July when I get back from vacation. What are your thoughts on the 35th Anniversary Edition? I really like the wheels and the Brembo brakes and the aero additions. Has anyone bought one and what did they pay? When is the 2006 model supposed to come out and should I just wait for them? Is there going to be a lot of mechanical changes in 2006 or just cosmetics?
    From what I've read so far, the '06 changes are just cosmetic ... but one of those is LED taillights, so i guess you could call that somewhat mechanical, too (or electrical, to be more specific).

• jadjad Posts: 2
    which dealer?
    I have decided to go with a 350Z Enth. 6sp. Currently I am hunting down a deal in Northern CA. Does anyone know what's the going prices for this model? Which dealership(s) has the best price? I am willing to travel within 2hr radius from the bay area for a good deal. In a few months, the 06 will be here. Should I wait a few months to buy to get a some rebates or greater discounts? If I can find a good deal right now, I am willing to go for it. Otherwise, I can wait til the end of the year to check out the 06 before I decide.

By the way, the Enthusiast model doesn't come with VDC. Does anyone think this is necessary?

Thanks for all your help!

So what changed your mind? You were dead set against the Z not too long ago.

Just curious.

Oh, I specifically wanted VDC when I bought mine, but now that I have it, I realize its not much of a benefit. It really interferes when I'm trying to have fun (so now i'm in the habit of turning it off), but does absolutely no good when I REALLY need it (adverse weather). I've come to the conclusion that its a pretty sad system in this particular application. Maybe someone else has a different opinion.

Thanks for the reply. Regarding to my decision, I like the Z more than the S2000 as long as the risk of tire feathering problem is not there. Seems like the problem for the 05s are less but could be because now is only summer of 05 and owners haven't had enough time to put enough mileage onto their car.

Just noticing the local dealers (N.CA) have an unusual supplies of the 05Z. They are not moving the cars out at fast as they hope for. So I expect to get a good price as long as, again, the tire issues are not there. This morning received a call from a dealer, he said he will have to order the car I want at MSRP. He said the car I am looking for is rare(manual, red) and he will have to look hard.....bunch of nonsense. I told him I will look around instead. I am sick of dealers acting like this car is still being sold over MSRP. Most of the deals I am seeing are below invoice, at invoice, or a little bit over invoice. Some of the internet sales managers need to understand the majority of the customers buying a car online already armed themselves with tons of valuable info needed to strike a good deal(atleast a fair deal). The rep this morning could have earned my business if he wasn't acting like he has good cards. In fact he doesn't, especially in CA.

By the way, I checked my350z.com and some other Z forums this morning. People are still complaining quite a bit about this tire issues. There are also a lot of 03's on the market and the demand for them is low which leads to poor resale value. There are owners out there trying to sell their cars, for 3 months and not a call. They all seem to think is because the tire issue is well know in the industry.

Personally, I think those who have trouble selling them are having that problem due to unrealistic asking prices. As I tell those sellers, my '04 Touring with 9K miles was listed for $26K (and that's what I bought it for) just 4 months ago. I can't tell you the number of '03s I see for that same $26K.

When I was shopping, dealers had NO problem selling their '03s that were priced fairly. There were quite a few that were purchased out from under me VERY quickly.

And, so far, I don't think the resale value is all that bad. Even now, you are looking at about $20K-$22K for an '03 Touring. That's better than 65% of the new price. Not bad at all after almost 3 years.

• spickusspickus Posts: 1
    I just bought one...2005 6-speed manual. I paid 38,600. I looked at the Crossfire - hated the ride, shift, visibility. Drove a Boxter - very similar, though the shifting felt a bit different as did the power application. I thought the Z was tighter in the turns, hugged the road a bit better. I'm in Richmond, VA. Other dealers were quoting me at 40 and 41 for the performance roadster before any serious haggling.
  • nizannizan Posts: 3
    Miata

Did you ever get a 350Z? If yes, where and how much?
    I am also in the Bay area and searching for a Z.
    Thanks
    nizan,
    I have decided to wait for the new Miata instead. I am concerning about the tire feathering issue still. Regarding to price, you should be able to get an 04 Z near invoice +/- $300. If you are willing to wait til Oct, you will definately get it for 1k to 2k below invoice. At bay area, there are lots of competition so you shouldn't have hard time getting good/fair deals. Make sure you post the $# here first before you buy.

• Hey is this s a good or do you think I can hack off another 500 to 1k off the price

2005 Nissan 350Z Coupe 6 Speed - Pikes Peak White w/ Frost Interior
    -floor mats
    -splash guards
    -aero pkg
    -trunk mat
    -navigation system
    -cargo conv pkg

$33,014 before tax, tag ,and processing fee.

I think its a pretty good deal, what do u think? Thanks for the input
    $800 under invoice certainly seems good to me. Is there a rebate I don't know of? If not, I don't see how they could possibly go any lower since it seems like they are losing money as it is.