Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Nissan 350Z Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• gfiadgfiad Posts: 3
    I have been looking at the Z for a while now and I have finally decided to buy one. I like the looks of the 06 better but is the performace that much worse? I think I got a good qoute for the 06. They said 27,383 out the door for the base model with splash guards, kick plates, floor mats, and trunk mat. That's for the base 6spd. Now I just have to sell my car, It's a 2000 BMW 323i.
  • dat2dat2 Posts: 242
    I think it has gained 150 lbs but the added 13 hp probably helps negate that. I think it is about the same overall. Can you live without cruise control? If that price you quoted includes sales tax, then it sounds like a good deal...
    Yeah, that prices includes tax. I have cruise control now and I have used it about 3 or 4 times in the five years I've had the BMW. Hopefully it sells this week, I have it on ebay. If it does I'll be driving the Z by this weekend.
    gfiad Good luck with the purchase of the 06! I couldn't live w/o cruise myself, at least on extended hiway trips. How was your test drive, initial reactions to the car? :D
    I haven't even driven it yet. The dealership is 85 miles away so I'll test it the day I'm ready to buy it. I test drove a 2004 automatic about a year ago. If it's anything like that I'll buy it on the spot. I negotiated the price over the phone. At first the salesman didn't want to commit to a price over the phone, but then when I told him what I was willing to pay (500 over invoice) and that I would drive down there to buy it if he agreed to the price, he said ok and said it would be 27,383 after taxes.
  • I just tested my 05 Touring Roaster against my friend's 06 Grand Touring Roaster, (6pd both cars) We tried several times
    and I spmoked him everytime on the quarter mile by about one car distance. I think its got to do to the torque reduction on the 06 and the added weight specialy with those 19 inch wheels.
    I guess thats not too surprisiing since most of the new tests of the 06 come in a couple tenths slowerer compared to prev tests
  • miata007miata007 Posts: 129
    But the 05 has already been broken in compare to the 06. It's not a fair comparison completely.

• Hi, I was recently quoted for a 2006 350z roadster that has MSRP of $35,355 that I could get for $36,750. I am thinking of leasing, I never have, and want a 36 mnth term with 15k per year. The residual they gave was 55% and the money factor was 0.00295. I want to make sure these numbers are correct. Anything else I need to look at on the lease? What should I put down? I was thinking title/tags, security deposit, 1st mnth pmt, and taxes? Is that what I should be putting down?

The example they gave me was a flat $5,000 down with monthly pmts of $554 with tax. I don't think I want to put that much down, put want to just make sure the numbers are right. Thanks for the help! ;)
  • meant to type $38,355 as MSRP above
  • Hi casey350. In your post you states that you can get a Nissan 350Z that has a full MSRP of $35,355 for $36,750. This means that you are paying more than full price for this car. This is not a car that demands such a premium, unless you are in an isolated part of the country like Hawaii or Alaska. You may want to consider shopping around a little bit or at least doing some more negotiation with the dealer that quoted you this price.

The lease money factor that you were quoted for this car is a little high as well. Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s current buy rate lease money factor for a 2006 350Z is .00265 for consumers who pay a security deposit and qualify for its top credit tier.

I always advise consumers against making any sort of down payment when leasing. I do so for two main reasons. The first is if your vehicle is totaled in an accident or stolen during your lease, your insurance company pays off the bank that you were leasing it through and your down payment essentially disappears. The second main reason is that down payments on leased vehicles do nothing to reduce their lease-end purchase prices. So your lease-end purchase option price for your 350Z would be exactly the same, regardless of whether you had put say $5,000 down, or had made absolutely no down payment at all.

The bottom line here is that you need to see if you can negotiate a better deal on this car.

Car_man
    Host
    Smart Shopper / Prices Paid Forums
  • Ahhh, that makes more sense. I should have scrolled ahead to see if you had written anything else about this deal. Ignore what I said about this car's selling price in my previous post. You are actually being given a discount of around $1,600 on this car. This is a much more reasonable deal. You may want to stop by the following discussion to compare the price that you were quoted to the prices that other community members have paid for similar vehicles recently: "Nissan 350Z: Prices Paid & Buying Experience".

All of the statements that I made about the money factor and not making a down payment are still valid.

Car_man
    Host
  • Picked up a new '04 Touring last night from Nissan Habberstad in Huntington. I paid $26,647!!! Seems that they really wanted to get rid of this left over and we are at the end of the year. I negotiated aggressively, mostly because I really was going to buy either an MX5 or a Mini, as I already have a two seat sports car (NSX). But I really couldn't walk from the deal. The finance guy told me that the dealer lost $4265 on the deal! Could that be correct? It is a brand new car, it's orange with 18" wheels. I highly recommend this dealer, as not only was the deal reasonable, but the sales staff was outstanding (A special thanks to Uncle Michael').
  • qbrozenqbrozen Posts: 17,226
    did you mean '05?

'13 Stang GT; '86 Benz 300E; '98 Volvo S70; '12 Leaf; '14 Town&Country

Wow if that's a new '05 it's an incredible deal, seeing that they sticker for close to 35g!!
  • I was recently looking to purchase a 90s Z to replace my 84 Z. I've always shopped for used cars and have never considered a lease until just recently. I've decided that a 90s Z, while affordable up front, may cost quite a bit to keep up so that's why I'm now looking at the new model.

I've just started doing some research and it seems like I can get a 350Z Touring Roadster on a lease for less than $400. I think this would be a 5 year lease. I'm just out of grad school so I have loans to pay off and don't make enough to afford a car payment over $500 (and that's really pushing it). I just don't see how I can go wrong with lease payments less than $400/ month. My other option is to purchase a 2003 base model for something like $22K. I figure the payments would be higher than the lease. I do realize that after 5 years under a lease I won't have a car, but by then I should be making considerably more money and I can either finance the residual or trade it in for another model on lease.

Thanks in advance for any advice.
  • dhamiltondhamilton Posts: 873
    Leasing can be a great way to drive a car that you really enjoy. There are some things to consider.
    Can your lifestyle fit in with the allowable miles written in to your lease. Anywhere from 10k-18k a year opproxomatly
    How stable is your current situation and how much will it change over the course of the lease.
    It's generally not a good idea to purchase at the end of the lease. Reason being is the residual value {lease end value of the vehicle} is often inflated by the manufacturer to make the lease more attractive.
    It's generally very expensive to get out of a lease early.
    Don't go in to this without doing your research and asking plenty of questions. Lucky for you, you came to the right place. Go to the 10 steps to leasing a car on this website, it's invaluable.
    Good luck
  • Hi passanis. Congratulations on your recent graduation from grad school. I see that you are considering entering into a five year lease. I usually advise consumers against leasing for so long. It is often very expensive to get out of leases early and five years is a long time to be committed to one vehicle. A lot can change in one's life over the course of a five year period that would make them need to get out of a sports car like the 350Z. Perhaps you decide that you need a bigger vehicle to haul stuff around, or perhaps your family will have a new arrival. Also, your daily commute could change causing you to drive way more than you had originally thought you would and go waaaaay over your allowed mileage. I usually try to steer consumers towards 36 to 39 month leases.

Car_man
    Host
  • Car_man,

I'm smitten with the 350z, the roadster in particular. I drove one the other night and was impressed to say the least.

Like another writer above, I'd be interested in a lease somewhere in the neighborhood of $400 per month. Is there any way to make this happen with the Roadster? Are there questions I can ask or areas I can probe to push my dealer in that direction?

Similarly, is there a way to move up the option package food chain for that amount in the 350z coupe?

I have access to down payment funds, but I'm not sure if that's the best way to go about accomplishing what I want.

Thanks
  • glhboyglhboy Posts: 1
    I'm looking to lease a 350Z coupe manual transmission for 3 years/39 months 18,000 miles/year. I am currently upside down $5-6000 on my current car and I want to lease something for 3 years and walk away without a car payment. I can't find any lease rates or residuals anywhere. Any idea what kind of payment I would be looking at with a cap cost of $35000?
  • Hey all, I just did some negotiating for a 350z and the money factor I was quoted was .0029 which is 6.96 percent. That seems a little too high to me, but the guys I talked to said Nissan isn't offering any support on the 350z leases right now. Does anyone know anything more about this? Has anyone leased a z through nissan recently and gotten a better or the same money factor?
  • Hey guys, I have been looking at getting a new car in the past few months and looking to buy around april time. Currently i have gone through 25+ cars and have narrowed it down to the 350Z and Acura TL i already have a quote with acura for a lease payment but i was wondering if anyone knew the residual for the 350Z. Basically i am looking for a 2 year 15K lease and am going to put a down payment equal to the depreciation of the vehicle, or in other words i will only pay finance charges. I have quoted out an acura tl with nav msrp around $36k even though i will get at invoice and with putting 9100 down with a bad int rate (9._ %) my payment still stays in the 130 - 250 a mo price range. I can afford up to 1100 a month for a car but would rather keep it in this range so i can get a speedboat and SUV as well. Any info would be greatly appreciated. :D
  • amixamamixam Posts: 17
    I'm close to closing on purchasing an '04 350Z roadster w/14K miles on it. It is not certified yet, the dealer will do it for $600. My question is, should I do the certification, or buy the preowned extended warranty? They are quoting me 1688 for the preowned to 100K miles. Thanks. :shades: Can't wait till they deliver it!!!!!
  • qbrozenqbrozen Posts: 17,226
    how many miles does the certified warranty carry with it?

never mind. i just looked it up. Certified is also 100k miles, but is 36 months. What I am unclear on is if that is 36 months from the date of sale or 36 months after the factory warranty expires? So that's a question to ask. But, either way, I would personally think the $600 is a better deal than $1700. How long is that extended warranty good for? Even if its like 7yr/100k, the car is 2 years old, so that leaves 5 years. Even if the certified program starts from the purchase date, rather than the expiration of the factory warranty, it would last for 3 years. So they are charging you $1100 for an additional 2 years. Do you think its worth it?

And, heck, if you are going to hit 100k before 5 years from now, then its not even an additional 2 years.

'13 Stang GT; '86 Benz 300E; '98 Volvo S70; '12 Leaf; '14 Town&Country

• Hi unclejbird. The lease payment for the car that you are interested in will depend upon a number of factors, including its MSRP, selling price, how long you lease it for, and how many miles per year you need to be able to drive it. I would be happy to give you an idea of what your lease payment for the exact 350Z that you want should be like right now if you provide me with the aforementioned information. I can tell you how much it would cost to lease with no down payment and what sort of money you would need to put down to hit the $400 a month target that you have in mind. Having said this, it's never a good idea to make capitalized cost reductions when leasing. Anyhow, let me know and I'll run some calculations for you.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi glhboy. I'd be happy to give you an idea of what the lease program is like on the car that you are interested in right now. However, I cannot estimate what your lease payment will be without knowing its full MSRP. If you were to lease a 2006 Nissan 350Z Coupe base model through Nissan Motor acceptance Corp. right now for 39 months with 15,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be .00275 and 48%, respectively. I provided you with this car's 15,000 mile per year residual value because that is the highest mileage allowance that NMAC publishes residual values for. If you need to drive more than this, you will have to purchase additional miles on a per-mile basis. It is less expensive to do so at lease signing than it is to wait until lease-end and have to pay an excess mileage penalty.

I probably do not need to tell you this, but you would be better off waiting until you are less upside down on your current vehicle to get something new. Not only will you end up paying much more for your Z than you normally would have by rolling so much negative equity into your lease, but you probably will not be able to roll it all in. If this is the case, then you will have to pay thousands of dollars out of your own pocket at lease signing.

Car_man
    Host
  • Ok I made a stupid mistake signing the paper for an automatic Z 2 months ago..I test drove both but the dealers somehow convinced me of getting the AT...But I really want that 6MT...My question is how much will I be upside down on my lease if I want to trade it for a Manual or is that even possible?
  • zluverzluver Posts: 4
    I have a dealership offering $300 below invoice on all 2006 350Zs. I know there's no rebate on the 2006s right now, but it sounds like there are some dealer incentives. Is this a good deal? :)
  • fighter1fighter1 Posts: 18
    Sounds like a very good deal. I am looking for brand new 350Z. Carsdirect.com sale 350Z for invoice + 1K in Chicago, IL. Whould you mind to let me know name and location of your dealer?
  • zluverzluver Posts: 4
    I'm dealing over the internet with Bankston Nissan in Dallas.