Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Nissan 350Z Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• tenzotenzo Posts: 24
    Yes, Thats a 06' model. I dont really know why they do that. yes i do have a trade in; however one of my friends bought one and he got same deal(he did not have trade in he just bought it) The car has 7 miles on it, not a demo just fresh. I think that I will buy it.
  • biancarbiancar Posts: 913
    Soundds like a great deal to me.
  • chromazchromaz Posts: 1
    I've been after a 2006 350 Z Roadster for about 2 months now and my overall experience has been like pulling teeth. I am worried that when I get the car, it will only remind my of what a difficult time I went through to get it and I will not appreciate it as much. I was that someone would please comment on the quote I got today.

The car quoted comes as follows:
    2006 350 Z Roadster, 6SP Manual, Mag. Black & Burnt Orange.
    Base: 36,993 (invoice) & 40,000 (msrp)
    Alum Kick Plates: 78 (invoice) & 110 (msrp)
    Floor Mats: 64 (invoice) & 90 (msrp)
    Cargo Net: 37 (invoice) & 50 (msrp)
    Orange Net Seats: 0 (invoice) & 0 (msrp)
    Side Airbags: 0 (invoice) & 0 (msrp)
    Splash Guards: 108 (invoice) & 140 (msrp)
    Trunk Mat: 54 (invoice) & 70 (msrp)
    Freight Chrg: 605 (invoice) & 605 (msrp)
    Total: 37,939 (invoice) & 41,065 (msrp)

The best offer I received today was this:

Dealer A: (Getting the car from Dealer B)
    OPTION 1A: 38,339.05 + 1,194.95 (fees) = Selling price of 3,9446.30. 36 MONTHS LEASE, 12K Miles/Year, 1,000 T.O.P. = $685.00 incl. taxes.

Option 2A: 38,339.05 + 1,194.95 (fees) = Selling price of 3,9446.30. 48 MONTHS LEASE, 12K Miles/Year, 1,000 T.O.P. = $610.22 incl. taxes.

Dealer B: (Driving -> 1:18 away from home.)
    OPTION 1B: 37,839.05 + ???(fees) = Selling price of ???. 36 MONTHS LEASE, 12K Miles/Year, 1,000 T.O.P. = $676.89 incl. taxes.

Option 2B: 37,839.05 + ???(fees) = Selling price of ???. 48 MONTHS LEASE, 12K Miles/Year, 1,000 T.O.P. = $595.46 incl. taxes.

In Conclusion, out of all the dealers I've negotiated with this was the best offer yet, but I feel it's still too high and in the luxury car range. Should I drive the 1:18 hours to Dealer B, basically I am only saving $8.11 on the 36 month lease or $14.76 on the 48 month lease. Dealer B said they would do $100.00 under the total invoice vs Dealer A was $400.00 over the total invoice. I feel there might still be room for negotiation with Dealer B, but I am starting to loose hope on this car. Do you think the price is OK, is it way too high, or should I pull some more teeth from Dealer B?

Thank you,
    ChromaZ
    :sick:
    Dealer A is essentially charging you $500 to get the car from Dealer B, yet somehow he's worked the numbers so it costs you just $300 more over the cost of a 3-year lease. Is $300 worth it to you to drive an hour and a half?

Sounds like you don't have many Nissan dealers near you, so might be harder to strike a bargain.

For the record, here are two cars I found locally at Darcars in Maryland. One is a Touring with automatic; one is a Grand Touring with manual. I'm not allowed to give e-mail or phone; you can figure it out with a quick google search. The dealership will respond to e-mail requests for quotes. Maybe this will give you some idea of what other dealers are asking. (Note: I have never bought a car from this place, have never even been there, but they are known in the area for low prices.)

-----------------------
    2006 Nissan 350Z Touring
    Vehicle Location: DARCARS Nissan
    Rockville, MD 20855

MSRP: $39,515
    Invoice Price: $36,505

Bodystyle: 2 door Convertible
    Engine: 3.5L V6
    Transmission: Automatic
    Ext. Color: Daytona Blue
    Int. Color: Frost
    Stock Number: 643007
    VIN: JN1AZ36A46M451870
    Model Code: 5671
    City MPG
    18 Hwy MPG
    Actual rating will vary with options, driving conditions, habits and
    vehicle condition.
    ---------
    2006 Nissan 350Z Grand Touring
    Vehicle Location: DARCARS Nissan
    Rockville, MD 20855

MSRP: $40,865
    Invoice Price: $37,754

Bodystyle: 2 door Convertible
    Engine: 3.5L V6
    Transmission: Manual
    Ext. Color: Redline
    Int. Color: Carbon
    Stock Number: 643015
    VIN: JN1AZ36A56M452395
    Model Code: 5696
  • panda2panda2 Posts: 2
    Is there any one know what would be best deal.
    I'm living in DC area.
    Most Nissan dealers around here (I'm in No. VA.) have their inventories on line. If you're near Darcars, you might want to look there; they have one of the larger inventories. If you're near Springfield, look at Mike Pallone Nissan, they have a few but I'm not sure what trim lines.

I'd say to start just by checking inventories on line and shooting off an e-mail to anyone who seems to have what you want.
  • panda2panda2 Posts: 2
    Thank you for your idea.
  • dat2dat2 Posts: 242
    you should check out carmax in baltimore, they sell new nissans at under invoice, including z's!
    By the way, an even faster way to check inventories is to go to the kbb website and look under "new cars." Eventually you'll get to a screen that asks you to enter your zip code, and then there's a screen that has a "check inventories" button. That will take you to a list of local inventories within about a 30 mile or so radius, all on one page so you don't have to go to numerous dealer websites.

I was at Mike Pallone's this a.m. getting an oil change. They currently have 3 Z coupes: a Silverstone, an Interlagos Fire, and a Daytona Blue. List prices are around $34 - 35k. They all have the additional side and curtain air bags. I didn't notice trim lines, sorry.

The Interlagos Fire has been there since at least mid-April, when I bought my car, so you might be able to get the best deal on that one. The other two are recent arrivals.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    Hi corndogg. This car's residual values vary depending upon what trim level you get. Since Nissan is not currently providing any sort of lease support on it, its money factors will be the same for all variants though. If you were to lease any '06 350Z through Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp. right now for 39 or 48 months, its buy rate lease money factor should be .00275.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forums
  • hangtime03hangtime03 Posts: 13
    Hey ChromaZ,

For the benefit of the group since numbers seem to be scarce these days- any idea what your residuals and money factor were on those??

Thanks!
    Hi Carman,

Looking at a '06 Touring model- I saw above your money factor and that's greatly appreciated, do you know the residuals as well for a 36-39 month (12,000 mile) lease. Thanks!
  • lainenlainen Posts: 3
    I am currently in the market for a 350Z Touring model (automatic). I've seen the residual numbers that you've posted in the past as 51% on a 3 year lease. Is that accurate? I'm interested in a low mileage lease (12K). I have also seen the factors of .00275 and .00255, which one is accurate at this point?

What reasonable fees can I expect?

I have no trade-in and I am in a bit of a hurry. I can either hit the end of month/end of quarter quotas (does that even matter?) this weekend, or wait until July 4th weekend and hope for deals. Any advice would be greatly appreciated as I'm a terrible negotiator!

Thanks! :D
  • fifer55fifer55 Posts: 1
    hello everyone

just came back from a nissan dealership here in LA and was looking at a 2006 350z basic edition (they didn't have any enthuasists).

anyway, the sticker price on the car was about 29,500 and the invoice was about 28,300.

well after 5 hours and the sales, sales manager AND 2 desk (tower) managers i walked out.

i went in there with hopes of a 3 year lease, 12K mile, 1500 down dream and walked out with 5 year, 15K miles and 2200 dream @ 440 per year with a residual of about 9500 at the end of the lease nightmare.

for three years @ 12K and 2000 down, they wanted almost 630a month for a BASIC 2006 350z. i didn't even want a roadster or a convertible.

i used edmunds online basic lease calculator and i inputed the down payment, the terms and the mileage and it came out to about 445.

for some reason my gut told me that was to high, so i walked, but now that i saw what edmunds had to say i am re think it.

of course when i was walking out the sales manager said the deal was no good as soon as i stepped outside, so i jumped out of the showroom.

ahhhh..

thoughts?

Mike :)
  • lainenlainen Posts: 3
    I've been getting quoted residuals of 17,362 on an MSRP of 34,085 (an automatic touring edition). That's 51% of the MSRP. That's pretty standard, it seems.

I have a question for the Carman. This is a quote that I've gotten for a 350z '06 Touring on a 39 mth lease with 5K down (12K mileage).

Sell Price is $30,869 (That sounds very low... under invoice)
    Payments are $383.09
    39 months 12k a year
    total downpayment $5883.09 (with the $5K down)
    350 z Touring auto trans
    Money factor .00290
    waiving sec deposit
    residual 51%= $17,362.00

That sounds like a good deal to me. The car is not a demo and it's in the color that I want as well. What are your thoughts?

:) Thanks!
  • sxzbztsxzbzt Posts: 15
    For some reason I couldn't find this color on Nissan's website for the 2006 model year. Did they discontinue it?

It seemed to cost extra for this color in the 2005 model year. Anbody have any idea why they got rid of it?
    It was the Anniversary edition, was only available on '05 cars.

If you really want this color, you might still be able to find it on a left-over '05. There were a couple available around my area (Northern Virginia) as recently as late May. Check your dealer inventories and see if you can find one.
    Finally got my Z!!
    2005 Nissan 350z touring Roadster
    2265 miles ultra metallic yellow exterior Black leather interior
    18" chrome wheels and everything else.

Going to pick it up off the lot today out the door for 33140!!
    Congrats! That's a great deal!

Did your car include NAV, or not? Was this a dealer demo or something? Just curious about the low miles.

Have fun driving! I just passed the 3000 mile marker myself.
  • smiley10smiley10 Posts: 24
    I'm looking for a left over in MA or NH. I noticed someone posted that they saw some in VA. Any ideas?
    Nope no navi available but definitely love the wheels!!

Don't know about the miles. Dealer says he got it from auction. Car was originally from Tennesse. There is another one left over in TN same color, this one's new. Dealer's asking 34900 before taxes but no chrome.

How come there are so many of the metallic yellow left over from 2005?
    How come there are so many of the metallic yellow left over from 2005?

Just not as popular a color as they had hoped it would be. Appears even sports car buyers can be very traditional. The most common color is Silverstone. I read someplace that half of all Z's were some shade of silver. Which, to me, is very bland - nice enough and all, just not my cup o' tea.

I've got Redline. To me, the red, blue, yellow and white all look great. I thought that was a rule, sports cars were supposed to look, well, sporty, and not like a would-be conservative sedan? :shades:

(Just kidding, all you Silverstone owners! No offense meant!)

Anyway, I hope you have many miles of happy motoring in the Anniversary Yellow; it's a fun, "look at me!" kind of color, shows a certain personality, so if that's what floats your boat, should suit you well.
  • newznewz Posts: 1
    Just got my 2006 350Z (silverstone w/burnt orange leather seats) with touring package plus rear spoiler.

Ferman Nissan
    Tampa, FL

MSRP $34085
    Dealer sold it "at invoice" for $30730. Seemed like a good deal.
  • speed21speed21 Posts: 5
    hi guys i am a new member here... i am 17 years old and in few months i wanna buy my first car, here r the cars that i m thinkin of:bmw 330ci, 350Z, infiniti G35... but the car that i really like is the 350Z , i want it a automatic (tiptronic) transmission.. so i wanna ask u if the tiptronic Z performs the same as the Manual Z ??? acceleration....... i m really looking forward to buy one...
    i am 1 years old

Bit precocious to buy a car at age 1, no? ;)

The manual and the automatic are slightly different animals. If you live or drive a lot of time near a large city where there is a lot of stop and go traffic, you'll be glad to have an automatic.

Are you looking to race on the track or drive like a normal person on the highway and around town? I think the automatic will give you everything you need, even the fun of "shifting for yourself" sometimes. Chances are, you'll end up leaving it in automatic 99% of the time anyway.
    hi sorry i meant i am 17 years old hehe... and about the 350Z, i want it automatic coz i live in the city so there will be some traffic , .. and i m not gonna race on tracks coz here (i live in lebanon) there is no tracks to compete our cars on it ... so it will be just for roads and streets , and i am used to drive BMW's (we have 4 BMW's) so u know i want the Z coz its beautiful and RWD so it will be good for some drifting, so i want to have some fun with it on highways speeding, and on twisty roads, and i want it automatic, so do u think the (tiptronic) will perform the same as the manual?
    I'm going to sound like your friendly loving aunt here - you're 17. If you want to see 18 - try to hold it back on the speeding and drifting, ok?

Good friend of mine just lost his 17 year old nephew to youthful stupidity. The boy's mom is devastated and the family is struggling to go on. Don't put your family through that.

And don't think you're so good you're invincible. You're not.

You want to race, find a track or a club or something.

(Rant off.) ;)
    hi man , thx for ur concern really ...about speeding and drifting..it didnt meant that i will always drift on twisty roads and always race on streets, i just meant that in the 350Z automatic(tiptronic) does it perform as the manual? for example acceleration, ...... got it ? sometimes when u have a fast car as the Z or BMW as we have, u like to speed, so the tiptronic performs well right ? and can u compare it to the manual ..thx guys..and do u advice me to buy one?(automatic transmission)
  • qbrozenqbrozen Posts: 17,208
    i replied to your message in the Z owners thread.

'13 Stang GT; '86 Benz 300E; '98 Volvo S70; '12 Leaf; '14 Town&Country

Hi All,

Looking for the residuals and money factors for a 2006 Z Touring model- 24, 35, and 39 month leases, 12000 miles-

Thanks!