Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Nissan 350Z Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• ssxrnrssxrnr Member Posts: 1
    I have a deal on a 2005 GT Roadster, Chrome Silver with 20K miles. The car will be around $23.5K before taxes and licensing fees are taken care of??
  • talk2marvintalk2marvin Member Posts: 6
    Good deal to me. PPW in touring non-automatic for me for that price I wouldnt hesitate. People tend to overrate what the cars are worth especially private party. With 2006 I worry about oil consumption, but I think they look better than the 05's which are regarded as the best reliability wise of the used ones.
  • absolutmbabsolutmb Member Posts: 3
    thanks marvin. so far, oil consumption hasn't been an issue. i've only changed the oil once. we'll see the 2nd time around. i only use mobil 1 synthetic with a k&n performance filter. the hp difference is negligible btwn th e05 and 06 but the 06 stock rims are beautiful to me. mind you, i'm a girl and not into riceing or modding much.
  • artier75artier75 Member Posts: 5
    I just bought a 350Z touring no navigation carbon silver what a car.I drove 65 miles to find and buy this car.I drove down in my MDX had my wife drive it back I took the Z what an experience couldn't be happier extreme power paid $34,860.00 OTD it seemed like a good deal because it was very difficult to even find a car dealer who had any.I bought this car at east windsor nissan in New Jersey salesman Anthony was great no pressure at all the car sold itself after the test drive.One other thing I have driven some nice fast cars in my day 1958 & 1961 corvette 1969 xke jag but I swear getting on interstate 95 I was doing 75 mph in about 4 seconds and this is a automatic.I hope the price helps someone make up there mind.
    Artie
  • aerosheldonaerosheldon Member Posts: 3
    I'm looking at 2 different 350z's. Both are solar orange. One is a 6-speed base model (MSRP 29,365) the other is an automatic touring model with side curtain airbags (MSRP 35,285). I haven't decided which one I want to go with, but I was wondering what I should expect to pay for each model.
  • sc24sc24 Member Posts: 6
    I just bought a used 03' touring edition, amazing machine the 350Z is. I bought it from an Acura dealership, a few days ago i was looking at the exhaust pipes and i notice the right pipe is extended a little further than the left pipe i mean at first i thought my eyes were playing tricks on me then i had my friend look and he said the same thing, is it suppose to be like that? b/c before i bought my Z i saw a Z parked and i was checking it out and i noticed it on that Z too, so can anyone tell me are the pipes suppose to be like that? i was shown the carfacts report and my Z hasnt been in any accidents or had any problems whatsoever

if anyone can let me know that would be great!
  • chefzchefz Member Posts: 1
    Hey artie i just bought in january a 2008 350ztouring in pikes peak white with black leather. Its a sweet as ride just like yours. I got mine in florida. wanted a 6speed but told me that one was not availble had to be built 6-8 weeks. saw the white won test drove it and came home with it was 36,500. not alot of color choices in fla either. whats on the lots is what they have. enjoy it i do!!
  • tucatuca Member Posts: 2
    hey guys. new to the forum.
    i got an offer for '08 350z enth. with auto
    msrp$31,950
    due at sign $2000(include first pay, bank fee, doc fee and etc..)
    12k/ yr
    39 month lease
    after tax $492/month

i am in NY.

is this pretty good deal?
  • cuco1cuco1 Member Posts: 2
    Hi All,

Here is a new lease from a Nissan Dealer in the Dallas, TX area.

2008 350Z Touring Convertible.

Options: 18" Chrome Wheels, Nugaro Red, Aluminum Kick Plates.

MSRP of $42580 ... Invoice price of $39075 ... TMV of $40288

I got the vehicle at $40042.

The Gross Capt Cost (Service contract, Title, Registration, Acquisition Fee) at
    $41567

Cap Cost Reduction of $3500 .... I know I shouldn't be putting money down on a lease, but this car is for my wife. It allowed me to reduce her monthly payment ... to reduce the monthly pain for her

Adjusted Cap Cost ($41567 - $3500) at $38067

Residual at $22488

39 month lease at 12K miles per year.

Rent Charge of $2739

Money Factor = (Rent Charge / 39) / (Adjusted Cap Cost + Residual) = 0.001160

0.001160 * 2400 = 2.78%

Monthly Lease = $470

Any comments?

Thanks for all the great information provided by this site. It greatly helped me to understand the leasing process.
  • marcogallo1986marcogallo1986 Member Posts: 1,164
    hey artie I am so glad to hear you love your z car. I am looking for a z base moddle coop or convertabal think I can get a bit of money off one since we are near the end of the Munth auto would be fine maby stick if I can get it a bit cheeper. I will not be driving this car I am leaguly blind will just take it to car shows wont be putting mor then 3000 or so miles per Year. The rest of the time It will be sitting in the Garage covered up nice and clean. Maby IF I can find a used one that was Takin cair of real good with a clean car fax and lo miles I can get a grate deal if so I dont want to spend mor then $15000 on a used one what do you think artie pleas get back to me when you can and let me no and if anyone elce just browsing who happens to stop bye pleas comment and let me no any feed back is fine. thankyou so mutch for reading.
  • carfr3akcarfr3ak Member Posts: 2
    It's probably more because you didn't debrief your wife about the basics of buying a car before you took her there.

NEVER, EVER let the salesman, I don't care how nice he seems, know that you love the car.

I was surprised he even budged at all, your wife already showed that she loves the car, youre the husband who has to make her happy. You see the kind of upper hand you just gave to the salesman? There is no reason for him to budge, because you will buy that car one way or another, and he knows this now.

You live and you learn, I suggest you try finding out another dealership that has that car, and try again.
  • doodjsdoodjs Member Posts: 2
    Hi ,
    I am really interested in buying 2003 300z in houston .
    I am getting a deal with dealer for 13k . Its automatic with 82k miles?
    Is this car worth it? I am a student . So are there any issues in the car if i hv it for 1 yr.
  • bajapanty350zbajapanty350z Member Posts: 88
    Hi guys, Hope everyone is doing well. I currently have an 05 350z touring leased which I Have to return sometime this weekend. I am thinking about getting the same thing just 08.

I hope someone can help me here with the numbers for August.
    I need the following:
    Residual percentage on 08 Manual Touring on a 24 month lease with 12k and 15k and the percentage as well on a 36 month lease with 12k and 15k. Also the Money Factor.

If it is not too much to ask I would also like the same for the Grand Touring =).

Thanks a lot =)
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Here's the information that you're looking for, bajapanty350z. Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2008 350Z Coupe Touring with a manual transmission and 15,000 miles per year are .00165 and 64%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease are .00165 and 55%.

The money factors for the '08 350Z Coupe Grand Touring are exactly the same, but its residual values are 62% for 24 months and 53% for 36 months.

NMAC's residual values for leases with only 12,000 miles per year are 1% higher.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    hey my name is Marco I will try to help you out. that price for the 350z is a grate price but the Milage is high not a bad car dont think there is any noen problems will look for you did not see any can anyone elce on this bord help Hijm out with any noen problems. if I wher you would try to find one with lower miles but you would be paying a bit mor let us no what happens if you get this car or if you get a Nother 350z. ps what color is this one you are looking at good luck. thankyou for reading Marco.
  • bajapanty350zbajapanty350z Member Posts: 88
    Car_man you are the best =) thanks a lot for the help I ll post again if I end up getting another z =)
    Thanks again
    You're very welcome, bajapanty350z.

Car_man
    Host
    Hey did you ever bye that 2003 Nissan 350z if so pleas let us no thanks so mutch marco thanks for reading.
  • dan148dan148 Member Posts: 8
    To determine fair prices for cars, i used Edmunds.com. It is a great site with reviews by owners and "experts".

I'm wary of KBB the prices are usually higher. It's as though it's written by the dealers themselves as the one accurate source of vehicle values.

Also, Carfax is a very worthwhile tool to determine production dates/in-service dates/#of owners/mileages/where the vehicles lived...et;al.

I do not work for any of the above, just have bought several cars in past 50 yrs.
  • zman16zman16 Member Posts: 19
    Hi Car_Man,

I have been reading this forum for years and have gained a lot of useful info. Thank you for all of your hard work!
    I have received quotes of 1,000 - 1500 below invoice on a base coupe 6sp. I did not see any incentives on the Nissan website but the low quotes may be due to the fact that I am in Mass and the snow is only a matter of time.

Do you have the MF and residual values for October on the 08 base and touring 6sp coupes? 12k/mo 36 and 24 mos
    Do you think the incentives will improve in New england if I wait another month or so?

Thanks in advance for your help!
    As a follow up to my post above, I just visited the dealer. 6sp red base z for 24,500 total. He said that nissan was offering 1500 dealer cash on purchases but that it could not be applied to leases. Lease price=2600. Lease price for enthusiast and touring models would be invoice.

He would not give me mf or residuals on the z and was really trying to steer me towards a maxima. I am ending a lease on a 06 maxima and he stated that Nissan was offering a 1,000 to previous maxima owners and a reduced mf of 0.00255 instead of 0.00280 for 39mos with a 58% residual.

I will be doing more research before making a purchase and look forward to the mf and residual numbers.

Thank you very much!
    thankyou dan so mutch for letting us all no about this grate information I am leary of kbb also nata gides is also a good one to for everyone to try thanks for reading Marco.
    Thanks zman16. Here's the information that you're looking for. Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of a base 2008 Nissan 350Z Coupe with 12,000 miles per year are .00325 and 55%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease are .00325 and 47%.

NMAC's money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of an '08 Nissan 350Z Coupe Touring with a manual transmission and 12,000 miles per year are .00325 and 60%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease are .00325 and 51%.

I've heard that Nissan is providing a $1,500 dealer cash incentive on the '08 350Z Coupe right now. If this is the case, it would be compatible with the above lease program.

Car_man
    Host
    Thanks for the info Car_man.

Even though I can get a great selling price on a Z, that mf is a definite dealbreaker.
    I'll wait to see if things improve next month or look into another vehicle. Given the state of the economy I would imagine that companies are going to make things more attractive to the consumer or be faced with a backup of inventory. I guess only time will tell.
    No problem, zman16. I have a feeling that whether manufacturers have to significantly crank up incentives at this point all depends upon whether they are willing / able to slash production and how quickly they can do so. This will likely vary from manufacturer to manufacturer. There's no doubt that there should be some great deals out there for the foreseeable future.

Car_man
    Host
    Are there problems with purchasing previously leased vehicles? thanks
    when is nissan going to start selling the 2009's of the 350z if anyone has any information on that pleas let me no thanks so mutch for reading have a grate night Marco
  • mseningenmseningen Member Posts: 27
    As someone how is leasing a 350Z Roadster -- I would think probably less than your normal used car --
    A leasee has to maintain good condition, generally has to keep everything stock, and knows it will be judged at the end of the lease.
    They usually have limited mileage as well.

YMMV, but that is what I am doing.

My lease expires at the end of Jan '09 -- and I will be turning my in,

Its in damn near perfect condition.

m
    thanks mseningen, that was the case many years ago when i leased a buick.
    the way times have changed, i wasn't sure that hadn't changed. Trying to find a used 350z is a real chore when $ is an important factor.Since there are no reasonablly priced 350z in Richmond. I'm doing all looking and dealing via long distance without being able to drive and inspect the vehicles. In any any event, thanks for the reply...p.s. tell this old man what YMMV means..
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,200
    Your
    Mileage
    May
    Vary

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• mikswcmikswc Member Posts: 1
    I am looking to pay straight up cash.. what kinda pricing should I expect for a Touring 2008?
    I received a price of 29,200 (including destination) for a Touring without Navi.
    I have not countered the offer.

I beleive you can get well below invoice at this time especially if you live in the Northeast as I do. Prices should continue to improve over the next few months.
    that is a grate price for what you are getting would go for it good luck this is a grate car and nissan makes grate cars keep us updated on what you do. Have a verry good day and thanks for reading my posting Marco.
  • ppidori2ppidori2 Member Posts: 6
    Looking for a used enthusiast, auto, with less then 40k miles on it.

I saw an add for a enthusiast, auto with 48k miles on it for $15980. Is that a good deal or worth less??
    hey what year is the 350z you are intrested it sounds like a grate price I have not seen any near my aria for under $15000 keep us updated and pleas let me no if I can help you out any more nissan makes grate cars and not just saying that they shore last. thanks for reading have a real grate day marco.
  • repoman4repoman4 Member Posts: 1
    I been looking all over on the east coast 200 mile range. And nobody even has a new 350Z. So I tried the used cars and found a 2007 enthusist for $24999 with 13000 m White. 6 speed. Its the best deal I found. Is that a good deal.

I'm losing some of you here. Cause I don't know how to make a deal with dealers that have not one 350z on the lot. Maybe its just me but it seems like a special order, that you have to pay to list price and wait a couple months.
    Repoman4,

What area are you looking in? I'm in mass and there are many new Z's available.
    Mostly Automatics and convertibles.

I don't think that 24,999 is a good price for the used Z you mention. If you are close to Mass you can get a new Base model for around that price and a touring around 30,000. A dealer near me has an 07 touring convertible listed for 25,995, 19,000 miles. It has been there a long time and with winter approaching you could probably get it for the same price as the used enthusiast. It's orange which I don't care for.

Search on cars.com using zip code 01581 within 100 miles.

Good luck with your search!
    Hey guys,

So i found a 2005 35th anniversary nissan 350z for sale at a dealer. it's auto with 31k miles, and from the picture it looks pretty clean but has a few scratches.
    Anyways the price is listed as $19,990.
    Is there a chance i can haggle that price down to around $16000? First time car buyer and was wondering for some advice and tips to get the price i want. Also i was thinking around $16000 OTD give or take a few hundred.

Thanks
  • qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 32,891
    $16k OTD on a car listed at $20k? So you want them to knock off like $5k-$5500? Where did you come up with this number? What makes you think they have it marked up so high?

Well, while Edmunds isn't the most accurate, they list TRADE-IN at over $17k on that car. Let's say, for a moment, that is accurate. The dealer needs to make a profit to stay in business. Usually $2k is fair. But let's say you beat them like a baby seal and bust it down to $1500. And let's say they got the car for $17k. That's $18,500 without factoring in taxes and fees. I don't know taxes and fees where you live, so can't help you with an OTD price.

So, no, your number is not realistic.

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

Thanks ill just wait to find a more affordable car at my price.
    in what state are you located in in new york have menny dealers giving $10000 rebates off 350z's and quite a few dealers have sum in stock keep us updated on what you end up dooing have a grate day and thanks for reading my posting marco.
  • CrockerjarmonCrockerjarmon Member Posts: 1
    I have not leased a vehicle before, but planning to do so later this new year. So for example, if I am to lease a 2008 Nissan 350Z Enthusiast, what are the current residual values for a 12k miles and 15k miles, 36 months deal? And is money factor set by the manufacturer and the credit rating? Also are the residual and money factors dependent on location, states? Sorry I have a ton of questions as I have no experience in leasing.

Thank you in advance!!
    Greetings Crockerjarmon. Since you have never leased before, you definitely should check out the following informative articles that are available here at Edmunds.com prior to visiting any dealers: 10 Steps to Leasing a New Car and Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

Here is the specific information that you're looking for. Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2008 350Z Coupe Enthusiast with 15,000 miles per year are .00325 and 44%, respectively. If you were to lease with only 12,000 miles per year, this car's residual value would be 1% higher.

This money factor will be higher if your credit is in really rough shape, but Nissan is much less restrictive about who qualifies for its top credit tier than Honda and Toyota are. This lease program does not vary by region.

When negotiating your lease on this car, make sure to take advantage of the cash incentives that are currently available on it.

Car_man
    Host
  • foxyesqfoxyesq Member Posts: 26
    I visited my local Nissan dealer (Ramsey Nissan, Ramesy, NJ) this past weekend to check out the new 370Z. They had 5 2008's INSIDE the showroom with another on the lot (saw at least six 2008's). I know at least three of these very cars were there since last spring, when I test drove one and was about to make an offer to purchase a touring edition roadster (the car had optional chrome wheels ($1,800 option), which I wanted to downgrade back to the standard rims -- salesman would not delete the optional rims claiming that he could deviate from what was on the sticker, then the stock market and the rest of the world changed and I never made an offer -- that car, awful rims and all, is still there!).

My guess is that you can steal one of these cars. The dealer website is offering a Nismo for $31,995 -- $8,425 off of the list (they have two of them), and I am sure would take less.

Good luck.
  • denebjdenebj Member Posts: 16
    Hey guys,
    I am in the DFW aera, I just picked up a fully load 350Z touring 2008, white pearl with orange burn leather with everything, nav, side airbags, aerodynamics package, 18" chrome wheels, and free tint + nitrosomething tire. The car is new, 20 miles on it :)
    The sticker was $39,000 I paid $28,900 + TTLs ... yes 25% discount, no hassle, the Internet department women was really nice to work with (north Nissan Texas ). I am pretty happy :)
  • kleen00kleen00 Member Posts: 1
    Picked up a pearl white 2008 6-speed for $21,900 + TT&L tonight. Brand new, plastic on the seats. Three dealerships in Dallas, TX matched the price before I decided on which one had the best colors to pick from.

MSRP was $29,x00. Ended up being right at 25% off like the guy above.
  • z2adambombz2adambomb Member Posts: 18
    hello
    I've been monitoring the 08 350Z situation for the last couple months and have a couple questions. I've negotiated a buy price of 21,400 for a base 350Z 6MT at my local dealer (durham NC), but they refused to honor that price for a lease when I brought it up. I went into the dealer armed with the info from this site (thanks a bunch for that) 12k mi a year, 45% residual based on 28,5 MSRP, MF of .00325. The lease would be very attractive at 21,4 which is what I was prepared to close the deal with, but they would only discount the car to 25000 claiming that they can't apply the rebates and dealer cash to a lease... just a regular finance. is this true or are the trying to get more money out of financing it through the dealer? My next move is to call any dealers with remaining 6MT 08 coupes and ask this same question, but knowing if the incentives can or cannot be applied to a lease would help a ton. If I'm not mistaken there is a $2500 customer cash rebate and $2500 manuf. to dealer rebate available. I am also currently leasing a pathfinder, so there's another $500 loyalty cash available as well. I don't really want to consider buying because I don't want to own a Z for more than 3 years and leasing would be more cost effective. Thanks for your help!
    Adam
  • steevosteevo Member Posts: 389
    Looking for the current MF and Residual for a 36 month 15,000 per Lease on a 2008 350z Convertible. Hoping there is some support now that the 2009 370z is out. Any shot at lease support from Nissan on this car? There are huge manufacturer to dealer incentives and a rebate but dont know if they are good on lease.
  • z2adambombz2adambomb Member Posts: 18
    the last three dealers I've contacted told me that they can no longer lease remaining 08 Z's since they're not the current model year. You should be able to get a ridiculous buying deal on them though. I was quoted $20000 for an enthusiast coupe but unfortunately was looking for a lease only.
  • steevosteevo Member Posts: 389
    I just realized .. The ROadster is a 2009 ... but its still the 2008 design as the 370z convertible will be a 2010 model. So I am actually looking for the 2009 Roadster lease numbers in my previous post..
    Either way, z2adambomb you are right. The buy deals are very low and nissan also has 0% finance for 60 months it seems on 08 z roadster and apparently they are out there.
This discussion has been closed.