Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

CX7 Won't start and kills battery after a few attempts

shomzdcx7shomzdcx7 Member Posts: 1
edited November 2015 in Mazda
The dome light that was part of the DVD player installed by the dealership when I bought the car new was left on inside the car for a couple of hours and the car wouldn't star after that. We had tried to use the DVD player while driving for the first time in probably over a year. It still wouldn't start after numerous jump attempt both with negative clamp attached to body of car or negative head on battery. I tried to start both with the keyless fob and directly inserting the key in the ignition. Attempts to start quickly drains the battery. I heard clicking sounds in the engine compartment like it was still trying to start even after I stopped trying to start it. I removed the positive binding to the battery and the clicking stopped. If I put the biding immediately back it starts clicking again but if I delay putting the binding back the clicking goes away. I put it on battery conditioner overnight and the conditioner LED shows the battery to be fully charged in the morning. I tried starting again to no avail. I'm not sure if this is starter issue or something to do with the immobilizer on the car. Any help will be appreciated.