Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Subaru Baja: Problems & Solutions

2»

Comments

• I'm waiting for the district Engineer's field trip to my area. The customer service is very considerate. I was assigned a contact person. Right now nothing heard from her yet. Hopefully soon. The car would be perfect if there's no splashing tank sound. I really love it. No Baja driver's in the area. I am the only one. People always have a 2nd look at my car, wondering: Wow, what kind of car is it? I have no complaint, except wishing the sloshing sound would go away some day.
  • Baja has 1300 miles on it. Tank had 80 miles of driving from full. Pulled into my driveway over a hump. Heard it for the first time, loud and clear. Was able to replicate with every exit and entrance over hump on driveway.
  • ateixeiraateixeira Posts: 72,587
    Crank up the tunes, problem fixed! ;-)

You have good hearing, put it that way.

-juice
  • Hi, Frank!
    Welcome on board. I had a road test with Subaru District engineer on the DEC. 17th. He's surprised to hear it as well. But no solutions. Can't change the tank. It makes the loudest sloushing when the gas indicates between Full and 3/4 running down to 1/2. He told me that's the zig-zag baffles height inside the tank. He calls that the characteristic of the car. Wow! Unfortunately, I like the out-looking of the car very much, so I have to put up with it. Maybe I should upgrade my 4 speakers to 6 so to cover the splashing gas sound. Well ...?!
  • ateixeiraateixeira Posts: 72,587
    Is the tank near/under the switchback? Maybe that allows more noise in, so you hear it more. I haven't heard it on any other Subie model.

-juice
2»
This discussion has been closed.