Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ford F-250 Owners

Comments

• My truck lost has all power, it feels like it is loading up. It will only do 20mph and blows lots of white smoke. It idles fine but still smokes. Have changed the fuel filter, when taking cap off fuel sprayed out with lots of pressure.
  • Hey I just bought a really decent 92 F-250 and every thing was going great but now there seems to be some slight confusion. I have two tanks that I'm almost positive runs off two seperate fuel pumps. The other day she stalled out in Reverse and I had assumed in was because I switched her over to the front tank ( I normally run on the rear) Which made me assume fuel related (Pump,Filter,Line Etc.) Well yesterday she stalled again on my rear tank in Reverse and again today in Reverse. Does any one know if maybe there's some kind of connection with reverese and my Stall problem? Or has any one had this problem?
  • Its been awhile since I let go of my 92 but if memory serves me right there are two pumps on this truck,one in each tank. However they use one common fuel filter. I would start with that since it is an inexpensive fix, about ten dollars if you do it yourself.
  • What kind of modifications have you done to it
  • hydroagehydroage Posts: 1
    Hi Malo,

Your best bet is a good Electrolyser. It will clean the pistons, the lifters and improve the mpg big time.

HALLELUJAH
  • frhrwafrhrwa Posts: 6
    well, I don't know what an electrolyzer is? but if its anything like the "Pazer Magnum".. ha ha ha.. if you only want clean pistons, clean lifters, get rid of the carbon, super lube, lube all of your fuel system, and better mileage... Use Marvel Mystery Oil in your fuel! don't believe it? try it before you condemn it..
  • Now before you say it yes i know its on the inside of the door. But iam sitting in Iraq and my truck is at home. I need the info for the new plow iam lookiing at and my wife cant figure out the door sticker. Imagine that. So if u could help me out it would be great. Thanks
  • :confuse: Can anyone help me? I just bought my first f250 xlt 2004. I need to know if I can have baby seat anchorage points installed, so I can justify buying it to the old lady.
    HELP!?!!
  • I have a 05 250 6.0 diesel with 93,000 on it and its been in the shop 5 times in the last four mouths. The last time they had my heads and turbo off (4000 miles ago). Now I have a blown engine due to a foreign object (shop said ballbearing). Then Ford said it was vandalism ,now my insurance company said not a chance. What would be the best next step? PLEASE RESPOND
  • tmwattstmwatts Posts: 1
    Hello,

I have a 1999 Ford F-250 which will not start. The starter makes no noise when I turn on the ignition. I tried jumpstarting with another vehicle and same result. I checked the fuses related to the starter or ignition and they are either not populated or do not appear to be be blown. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
  • Check the positive connections on the starter, had a 99 which the terminal actually cracked and was not contacting. Also check the solenoid under hood, if it is not clicking it is no good. Also check the connections at the solenoid, which, I believe is mounted on the right fender. If all else fails, try tapping on the starter with a hammer, its possible that there is a bad spot on the starter armature. If it starts after the hammer tap, then it is time for a new starter. Hope this helps!
  • i have 97 f-250 l\d 5.4eng 3speed auto w\od and 3.73 rear end.it has a factory air leveling system on it .looking around the last few years only seen 3 of these 7 lug f-250 nun had the air sys.i blowed one of the air bags called a dealer to get one they acted like i was crazy.said ford did not make till i found part#.is this a rare truck ? if so how many were made or where can get info ???????
  • Good luck man!!!!! it took me 4 months to find one. I have the same truck and it cost me $600 yes my truck is a seven lug as well. You are driving a very rare truck my friend!!!!!
  • THAT IS WHAT I WAS THINKING.I USE IT DAILY AND PULL A 30FT 4 HORSE CAMPER COMBO 2-3 TIMES A MONTH.IT NEEDS A LITTLE MORE MOTOR OTHER THAN THAT IT NOT BAD.RIDES GREAT WITH THE AIR SYS.SEEM LIKE SOMEONE SAID ONLY 10000 WERE MADE NOT SURE ON THAT CAN'T FIND MUCH INFO ON IT.MAYBE I SHOULD PARK IT AND LET IT AGE SOME MORE. THANKS,YELLOW HORSE
  • joeiwmsjoeiwms Posts: 10
    We have a 2007 F250 Diesel and would like to see about getting an extended warranty. But we are not sure where to start and who to trust. Does anyone have any suggestions on where the best place is to buy an extended warranty?
    Tahnks.
  • mrracefuelmrracefuel Posts: 1
    Has anyone problem towing a camper or enclosed trailer? I just pull a 14 foot enclosed trailer from Conway SC to Maggie Valley NC my avg fuel mileage there was 7.2 coming back 8.8. Rear end makes noise pulling camper.
  • We pull our 25 ft Jay Feather and get about 12mpg on it--also depends on wind direction going thru Kansas...we have never had any trouble, always had a smooth and relatively quiet ride (as quiet as it can get in a truck anyway)--no noise from the rear end. We had a stabilizer installed on the trailer to make it a smooth ride...do you have one on yours? It may make a difference.
  • dblrdblr Posts: 1
    I HAVE A 2004 F250 W/ 74K MILES, THE LAST COUPLE OF MONTHS OR SO I'VE NOTICED THE TURBO WON'T ENGAGE. I CAN GET IT TO ENGAGE IF I FLOOR IT OR TURN THE TRUCK OFF FOR A BRIEF SECOND. IT GOES AWAY FOR A WHILE THEN COMES BACK.....ANY IDEA WHY ITS DOING THIS?
  • pcmedicpcmedic Posts: 5
    Hello at 66000 miles this is the 2nd time the turbo got rebuilt. On my truck the variable disk in the turbo is getting stuck. The rebuild with new parts. Check with the Dealer to see if they will cover it.
  • change your oil more often and get a good exhaust,with out cat or performance cat.
    I like shell rotella 15/40 change every 3500 with new (motorcraft filter ONLY)