Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Nissan Titan Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• tsilvatsilva Posts: 2
    Just a thought, check out CarsDirect.com
    2005 Nissan Titan 4x2 King Cab XE
    (Click to enlarge)Click here to find out more!
    MSRP Price: $23,470
    Invoice Price: $21,280
    CarsDirect Price: $19,405
    Pricing as of 04/20/05 in zip code 95355
    We Have Great Low Rates!
    on loans, leases, and factory incentives.
    Learn more

Got a trade-in?
    Got Bad Credit?

Optional: Select options & colors
    Select Options
    Select Colors
    Save this car
    Snapshot
    Specs
    Reviews
    Safety
    Photos
    Compare
    Competitors

Incentives & Rebates
    240288-88
    Customer Rebate Expires 05/02/05
    ($2,000)
    Powertrain
    STDEN-02
    Engine: 5.6L V8 DOHC SMPI
    8-cylinder engine with 5.6-liter displacement, dual overhead cam valvetrain, sequential multi-port injection
    STD
    STDTN-01
    Transmission: 5 Speed IK Automatic
    STD
    Option Groups
    R01-02
    Traction Package
    $260
    W02-01
    XE Preferred Package
    $564
    S01-01
    Side-Air Bag Package
    $738
    Wheels and Tires
    STDTR-01
    Tires: P245/75R17 BSW
    Heavy Duty tires with 245mm width, 17.0" rim
    STD
    STDWL-01
    Wheels: 17 in. x 7.5J Styled Steel
    STD
    Seats and Seat Trim
    K01-01
    40/20/40 Front Split Bench Seat
    STD
    STDTM-01
    XE-Type Cloth Seat Surface
    STD
    Audio
    STDRD-01
    Radio: AM/FM/CD-1 (2 Din)
    STD
    NONRD-01
    Radio: Mid-Grade Audio w/6-Disc CD
    N/C
    A96-01
    XM Satellite Radio
    $347
    A97-01
    SIRIUS Satellite Radio
    $347
    Other Options
    STDAX-01
    2.937 Axle Ratio
    STD
    STDGV-01
    Gross Vehicle Weight Rating: 6,486 lbs
    STD
    PAINT-01
    Monotone Paint Application
    STD
    H97-01
    Tonneau Cover
    $991
    M01-02
    Spray-In Bedliner
    $391
    M97-01
    Bedliner
    $188
    X95-01
    Non-Sliding Bed Extender
    $171
    N94-01
    Under Seat Storage Bin
    $103
    L92-01
    Floor Mats
    $82
    C03-01
    50 State Emissions
    N/C
    Regionals
    B95-01
    Splashguards
    $78
    Destination Charge
    cddest-01
    Manufacturer's Destination Charge
    $670
    Option prices are for manufacturer-installed options and may vary for dealer-installed options.
  • flabruceflabruce Posts: 1
    I just bought a titan at Earnhart's in Mesa AZ . It was advertised for $16999. They charged an extra $295 for the title work and tried to get me to get the $200 VTR (Vehicle Theft registration). Total price out the door tax, tag and registration was $19015. The list
    was 23800 so that's about $6500 off list. They had 3 or 4 at this price in various colors.
  • Thanks to everyone and the information on this website. I am looking to buy a titan, most likely a SE with off road and bedliner. My wife through her company gets a deal with nissan for invoice - 3%. Is it worth trying to negotiate or should I just go with it and enjoy the no haggle factor?
  • thenebeanthenebean Posts: 1,124
    enjoy the no haggle factor - vpp pricing is already into holdback - if you haggle, maybe you save another 200 bucks. (maybe). if you are happy with the price - take it and keep the stuff no one likes to deal with out of it :-)

good luck!

-thene
  • swoolioswoolio Posts: 2
    Did I get a great deal or is this about average?

Titan LE Crew
    MSRP $36,180
    Quote $30,900
    "Out the Door" after Title, Tax (VA 3%), and Fees =
    $32,397.27
    is this an 04 or 05?
  • jhs70jhs70 Posts: 213
    You can get that price at carmax fairly easily. I think you got a good deal, perhaps not a great deal. You need to provide more detail - like year, all the options, etc. Pretty hard to judge just based on MSRP, but iIf you're happy though, you got a great deal!

I would've pounced on a titan by now but the bed is just too small. Another foot or so and I'd give up my superduty. Does anyone know if they will ever build a Titan with a bigger bed? I wonder if other potential customers beef about this.

I also wish I could find a thenebean around these parts. Sounds like someone it would be joy to do business with!
    jhs70,

thanks for the kind words! im sure there are some really nice people around your neck of the woods (wherever that may be). i suggest trying a local family owned dealership, instead of a really huge mega dealer. you tend to find some nice people there! you may not get the lowest price ever known to man, but you'll get a great buying experience and great service. after all, a deal isn't done once you sign the paperwork - its about how you are treated after the sale as well! get to know some of your local dealers, and you'll find that they'll bend over backwards to help someone who is loyal to them! (loyalty is tough in this day and age!)

as far as a longer truck bed on the Titan - it could be possible, though i haven't heard of anything positive yet. i do know that when nissan released the titan, they wanted to get the most popular configurations out to the public, with the possiblity of more configurations down the road, depending on how they do. it may be a few years before you see anything different (maybe the next redesign). the king cab has a pretty long bed...plus with the bed extender, it would help!

-thene
    You are welcome. (I'm in Northern VA).

Yes, I think I read somewhere also that they might configure a longer bed. The bed on my truck is 8' and it's big enough for all my needs. I just can't be bothered by those smaller beds. There's nothing worse than trying to cram a load of something into a bed that's too small and then you have to tie it down or cover it up or whatever. I don't care for bed extenders. Had one on a 150 and it was just plain silly.

My perfect Titan would be a CC with at least the 6.5 ft bed. Maybe if I start softening up the Mrs now, she won't beef too much by the time Nissan comes out with it!! You think? By the way, I understand you're from CT -- where 'bouts? My wife is from Stratford. Maybe you can't say on this board ..... I can understand.

My last two purchases were not from the family owned stores, but I did find a pretty comfortable arrangement with a mega dealer. In fact, when I took by beast in for servicing just a couple of weeks ago, I went into the showroom just to sniff around. The guy that sold me the truck was there. I recognized him straight away (not so hard to do!). But he blew me away when he came up to me and said "good morning mr. XXX". That just wiped me out. How did he remember my name????? Hadn't seen him in a year! My cynical side thought maybe they get a list of people due in from the service dept. because you never know if they'lll wander into the showroom (like I did). But still ........very impressive! Is that a trick of the trade, or what?

Take care.
    i am from CT - live in central CT (just south of hartford) and my dealership is about 20 minutes north of hartford. stratford is the southern part of the state near nyc.

i try to remember all of my customers names, but i cant always remember everyones name. i do remember their faces, and if i think hard enough, i can usually think of it. but there are some people (maybe who i spent more time with or were a more memorable experience) that i do remember names to.

i remember when i bought my car, i went back a month later to get my oil change, and the salesperson i had didn't recognize me! and i had bought a bright yellow car, and wore bright yellow pants the night i picked it up! (i like yellow!)

go figure!

-thene
  • trkshot8trkshot8 Posts: 4
    I live in Shreveport, Louisiana and want to close a deal on a Crew Cab SE 4X2 tomorrow. Color is Red Brawn.

Packages and Options:

SE Popular Package with Captain: $1350

Accessories:

Bed Extender, Non-Sliding: $240
    Floor Mats: $110

Base MSRP $27,450.00
    Total Packages, Options, & Accessories $1,700.00
    Destination & Handling $670.00

Total MSRP† $29,820.00

Any help on the absolute lowest price one of these will sell for will be greatly appreciated. I will be sure to reply after purchase to let you all know what final negotiated price was. I was thinking with a $1500.00 rebate I would ask for $6,500 off MSRP and let the dealer keep the holdback. Is this a dream or a possibility. I plan to do a 39 month lease with a 52% residual, so if anyone also knows payment, money factor, etc that I need to know when I walk in finance, it will be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
    trkshot,

here is a breakdown of all the numbers...

MSRP: $29,820
    Invoice: $26,874 (approx - i couldnt locate your exact truck up in my region)
    Money available to negotiate before getting into holdback: $2946
    Holdback: approx: $850
    Rebate: $1500

Even if you take all of the holdback, rebate, and all mark up between invoice and sticker, you are at $5296, not $6500.

That being said, if you plan on leasing, you cannot get the rebate - that is only available to those who are financing or paying cash.

I think a good offer would be obviously what you are comfortable with based on the numbers you see above. if you want to leave the holdback for the dealer (which is something you should at least do) you can only negotiate about $2900 off the truck...

unfortunately, there isnt always the markup in vehicles these days that people think there are!

hopefully that helped!

-thene :shades:
  • tractormantractorman Posts: 2
    Has anyone heard anything on any new rebates or incentives? I know the ones now are about to expire. Does anyone know once these expire how quickly any new rebates would be announced? I am holding off buying a new truck right now hoping the rebates may go up. Have I made a mistake or will they be announced pretty quick. Thanks for any info.
    we will probably have the new programs in on monday or tuesday - we don't know any sooner than you guys! if anything changes, i'll try to remember to post them here!

-thene :-)
    We have also decided to wait until after May 2. We hope Nissan may throw some lease special out there for the Titan.
    2005 Titan King Cab: $2000 or 2% for 36 mo/3% for 48 or 60 mo.
    2005 Titan Crew Cab: $1500 or 2% for 36 mo/3% for 48 or 60 mo.

hope that helps! interest rates went up - as did nissans special rates it seems!

-thene
  • tractormantractorman Posts: 2
    Thene, Thanks for the info and the quick response. Hopfully we can make a deal on a new Titan tomorrow. Too bad you live and work so far away from Alabama, you seem like a nice person to do business with. :)
    tractorman,

thanks for the kind words! i know people (most) dont like the process of buying cars, and i think flat out honesty makes it the best it can possibly be. you may not like what i have to say (too far upside down, really cant meet that price) but i wont string you along. if someone else can do it, fine. we do our best to accomodate people - sometimes we just cant make the ends meet.

let us know how you do on your titan!

-thene :)
    Hey Thene, thanks for the response on the SE numbers. I waited until new incentives came out, but obviously they've gotten worse. I can wait until September to buy. Do you have any feeling as to what the incentives could be around that time. It seems the incentives will be better by then. Also, can you give me a buy rate money factor for tier 1 credit along with a residual on the SE Crew Cab?
    Thanks in advance or any help.

Jimmy
    Hi Thene, it's me again. Hope you've sold a bunch o vehicles since we last 'talked.' I have a question I've been dying to ask someone: How is it that a local Nissan dealer (at least I think it's a Nissan dealer) matches the rebate that Nissan offers? I mean, in your previous post you said that the Titan crews had a 1500 rebate. So if this dealer matches it, it's a 3000 rebate. Where does that extra 1500 come from? Doe the dealer have that much cash on hand, or is it from a "secret" F-T-D pool? I've seen this happen with Fords too. One dealer offered me 6 big ones below invoice, a deal which staggered my imagination. A few others came dang close to that offer as well so it wasn't just one lone maverick out there. I scurried to carsdirect.com and edmunds to verify all of this, but when I went through their pricing modules, their best deal numbers weren't even close to the 6g off invoice. So anyway, I'm just left wondering how dealers do these whopping matching rebates....

Thanks for your insight.
    dave
    to be honest, i have no clue. my manager mentioned once that some of the larger volume dealerships get special incentives from nissan - am i 100% sure thats true? no. could it be possible? maybe. if you are seeing big volume dealers pulling "matching rebates" that may be the case. also, depending on how many rebates are out there (see ford) it isnt hard to get that far below invoice with rebates. ford has so many rebates with so many different qualifications that you could get the car really cheap.

one thing for sure, there is no secret pool of money - there are lots of variables that can drive a price other than market (see special incentives for the month to sell a certain vehicle, old unit that needs to be moved, big volume cash from manufacturers...). we pay invoice for our cars, and get holdback later (if it hasnt all been taken up by the financing that we have to do to pay for our cars)

hope that helps?

jimmy,

i am not at work today - stayed home sick. i can check for you tomorrow though! as far as the incentives, rebates don't depend on the fed, but interested rates do. since they raised the interest rates yesterday, and are posed to do so again in a few months, if you are looking to take interest rates, you may not see an improvement anytime soon. as far as knowing what the specials will be in september? no clue. we dont find out any sooner than you guys (well maybe, but if the rebates are set to start on may 2nd, thats when we find out, not any sooner than that)

Hi, and thanks for the quick response. I live in the Northern VA area, and to be sure, just about all dealerships are "mega", or so it seems to me, so I guess that may explain how it's being done. It's funny, there are some dealerships that simply have those low low prices listed right on their web site, or wherever, and then there are others who do not, but they then will say somewhere that they have special deal days were they match the factory rebate. To a consumer, it's all the same bottom line -- just a different means to an end. And as for Ford, it just boggles my mind what they say is MSRP and when they sell for. With my last purchase, I'm convinced my dealer gave rebates that I didn't "qualify" for. I was convinced I got a "new college grad" rebate and a "military" rebate -- they just started discounting the truck left and right, and on top of that, gave me dealer coupons. I'd say I got a heck of a deal that way. Well anyway, I'm rambling.

Thanks for your continued input. And I hope you feel better soon!
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Posts: 10,867
    Sorry, but a couple of posts have been removed. We have a very strict "no soliciting" policy, and our members who are sales professionals are very good about adhering to this policy. If you want to talk privately with another member about a particular transaction, please check the member's profile for a contact e-mail address. If they want to be contacted, it'll be public. Thanks!

kirstie_h
    Roving Host
    Host, Future Vehicles & Smart Shopper discussions

Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

oops! sorry kirstie!
  • Any updated rebate info for May on the 2004 Titans? An area dealer has one equipped like I want.
    Thanks.
    rebates stayed the same:
    $3500 king cab
    $3000 crew cab
    or
    $1500 plus 1% 36mo or 2% 48-60mo for king cab
    $1000 plus 1% fo 36mo, 2% 48-60 mo. crew cab.

looks like since the fed raised interest rates, that nissan did the same.

let us know how it goes!

• gf2020gf2020 North of BostonPosts: 45
    thene, are incentives the same on remaining 2004 models as 2005?

There are a few 2004s still kicking around at Boston area dealers that I may look in to.
    the post just before yours lists the rebates for 04 models. a few posts back i listed 05 models. rebates stayed the same, but the interest rates changed.

Is this a good deal on an 04 new Titan SE.

MSRP(not addendum) : 33,310

Sale Price(including 3,000 rebate): 25969.00

7,341 off MSRP with rebate (4,341 discount).

Do you know buy rate for tier 1 credit Shreveport, La.
    72 months.