Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Nissan Titan Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• thenebeanthenebean Posts: 1,124
    good question - we're wondering here as well (our dealership) we think it has something to do with emissions (cal emissions, 50 state, etc)

-thene
  • I JUST BOUGHT A 2005 TITAN SE KING FOR $22,875
    O.T.D.
    WITH TOW PAC , RUNNING BOARDS , RUBBER MATS , BED LINER.
    I FEEL THIS WAS A FAIR PRICE FOR A GREAT TRUCK!
  • SylviaSylvia Posts: 1,636
    Congrats on your ride. Please do not post in ALL CAPS. It is difficult to read and people think you are yelling at them.
  • tester16tester16 Posts: 2
    Looking at buying a Titan soon - 2005 Silver LE Club Cab - with towing. What is price can I expect to pay with cash?
  • si88si88 Posts: 39
    I will be in the market to buy Titan in May but if I can get a good deal I will before then.

I was wondering if I want to finance a Titan thru Nissan at 1% if I would have to do so at full MSRP? Would it be worthwhile to finance thru another venue to take advantage of the rebates offers? If so where have you heard is a good place to finance?

So far the best price I am being offered for a 2005 SE CC with:

ROCKFORD FOSGATE PKG W/PWR BENCH
    TRAC PKG
    TOW PKG
    SIDE-AIRBAG PKG W/VDC
    UTILITY BED PKG
    SPLASH GUARDS
    FLOOR MATS
    UNDER SEAT STORAGE BIN
    UTILI-TRACK SLIDING BED DIVIDER

is MSRP of $33210 and an internet price of $29166.47. This includes the rebates. Can I do better than this or is that a fair deal? I live in the New Orleans area and we have about 10 dealers in the area.

Dealer says the side air bags are very rare in a Titan CC and they might have to special order the truck. Has anyone else heard this?

I'd be willing to drive to Texas, H-Town or Big-D for a better deal if neccesary.

Thank you for your input.
  • hvanhvan Posts: 56
    I think you can get a better deal here in Southern California. Are you willing to travel for a 'good deal'?
    I think I saw an ad in our local paper, a LE crew cab can be bought for $27,500.
  • titaneesetitaneese Posts: 43
    I have recieved a quote from a Bob Howard Nissan here in oklahoma city.
    2005 Titan SE Crew cab with some options.

Msrp is 34296.00
    Quote is 30400.00

Where should I start my negotiating? I would like to end up paying somewhere around 28000.00 Is this realistic?

thanks for your response
  • hvan3hvan3 Posts: 630
    Offer $29,500 and be firm. Be ready to walk if he says no. The higher the MSRP, the more profit the dealer gets. Keep in mind that Nissan is already offering $1500 rebate. The dealer should at least kick in $3000 off.

Also, since it's near month end, try dealing with the fleet manager. He's more flexible than the sales manager.

Good luck!
  • There was rumor that if Nissan's million vehicle campaign wasn't where they wanted to be at this point in time, they'd possibly raise the incentives. Has anyone heard? I'm looking to get a Titan some time this month and was wanting to see if I should hold out or go ahead and take the dive. :) Appreciate anyone's thoughts...
    Hold out. With rising gasoline prices, big SUV and P/U sales have slowed this month. Once we inched closer towards summer, gasoline could be $3.00!!

In my neck of the woods, Tundra Access Cabs are being marked off $5000.
  • yogibm1yogibm1 Posts: 6
    there is a website that you can go to for cacluating yours rebate vs. low interest financing.

http://www.dinkytown.com

I use it to tell if which one would be a better deal. Plus, pay retail if you want, but i wouldn't pay more than Invoice. I might even go as far as 500-800 dollars below invoice +rebates. But that is what I would be aiming for. Hope this helps
  • That helps alot! I greatly appreciate it. The best deal I'm being quoted is $500 over invoice, but that's to bring the specific truck I'm looking for in. Haven't found one on the lot I'm looking for (SE Crew 4x2, Red Brawn with just Pop. Package Captains and Utilty bed package). All the quotes I've been given are all around 400-500 over invoice. I'll keep pushing back though. Thanks!
    Yogibm1-That is a great site, thanks! Lets you look at everything at home on the computer screen without the BS pressure at a dealership.

I think I found my truck at a local dealer in my area, although it is a LE 2004 Titan. My best quote from this dealer is at invoice, before the 2500 rebate. However, they do have a 1% APR rate for the 2004 Titan as well.

Should I try to get them down even more than invoice since its last years 2004 model? Or is that a fair deal?
  • jdkx2jdkx2 Posts: 10
    Are you going to get the rebate and the low APR? I urge you look at the monthly payment for this 2004 and compare it to your best deal on a 2005.

I just bought a 2005 LE with a MSRP of $31,420 for $28,280. The selling price did not include the current $1500 rebate which brought the net to $26,780. Were I to opt for a 2004 I would want a significantly better deal than on the 2005. The simple fact is the 2004 is worth less than a 2005.

One way to look at the relative value between the 2 years is to look at the lease residual. Lenders assume a 53% residual for a 3 year lease on a 2005 and a mid 40's residual for the 2004. That is a significant difference. It implies a 7 or 8% immediate difference between the 2. If your net is somewhere around 8% lower than my cost on the 2005 you will come out OK. If not you are losing a chunk of money.
    Yep. Must be year end sale (Japanese companies year end end in March). I'm beginning to see lots of sale between Tundras and Titans.

Currently, a dealer is selling Titan CC SE for $23,299. Two at this price. Another dealer is selling Titan CC XE for $21,999. Two at this price.

These prices are in Southern Cal, the most competitive environmnet in the nation. If you want to buy cars and truck, LA/OC is the place to go!
  • Are those prices with the $1500 rebate applied or before?
    Its either take the $2500 rebate or the 1% financing, not both. According to dinkytown.com, taking the 1% financing option is the better option.

I got the dealer down to invoice cost on the 2004 LE Crew Cab. It is pretty much loaded, with:
    SUNROOF
    BIG TOW PKG
    SIDE-AIRBAG PKG
    NISSAN DVD MOBILE THEATER SYSTEM
    SPLASH GUARDS
    FLOOR MATS
    UTILI-TRACK SLIDING BED EXTENDER

So if I do buy, it would be 1% financed at the $32,779 invoice price, so far. Since I would rather have the NAVIGATION instead of the DVD I am still looking. Don't think I will find a 2004 so I am also considering a 2005.

Also hoping that the rebates or APR incentive may get better closer toward the end of March.

Does anyone know if there is, or will be, an aftermarket NAV available for the Titan?

I have done my own tedious inventory searching thru the Nissan web-site. Man I think I may need therapy. At least I know whats out there close to my area.
  • jdkx2jdkx2 Posts: 10
    I don't think you are going to have any problem finding a 2005 at or near invoice. Granted the rebate and the interest rate is not quite as good. However, you are going to sell this truck at some point and a 2005 is going to have a significantly better resale than a 2004. I think you may find the dealer is going to have some exceptional unpublished discounts for the rest of this month on the 2005 making it even more attractive.
    The final price includes the rebate.

I believe by next month, the rebate will go as high as $2500 off for Nissan and Toyota because GM is aggressively marking off their SUVs and trucks. Competition is really heating up, as well as higher fuel cost. Titan SE CC should go for $22K by next month since Ford F150 SLT CC are advertised for $21.7K almost everywhere.

I was surprised to see that Tundra SR5 DoubleCab were on sale for $6K off!!

Now, I have to find a way to dump my 2000 Impala LS quickly!