Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Nissan Titan Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• thenebeanthenebean Posts: 1,124
    Dave,

Thank you for the kind words! I checked with the Service Manager regarding your questions and I do have an answer for you. He said Nissan is on their second fix for the brakes, and will be replacing rotors, brake pads, and calipers as needed for brake pulsation - but the parts aren't available yet. He also said Nissan extended the warranty on the brakes to cover the pulsation and the replacement parts. That is all the information I can give you, and to be honest, I haven't heard anyone here complain about brakes (yet!) I am not sure whether this fix applies to just 2004 or both 2004 and 2005 - like I said, your mentioning it is the first of heard of it (believe it or not!) but the service manager seemed to know about it when i brought it up.

let me know if you have any other questions!

-thene :)
  • jhs70jhs70 Posts: 213
    Thanks for the quick reply! Wow, on their second fix. This sounds a little fishy to me. I bet your mechanic has a "feel" for how serious this is. Sure doesn't sound like one of those one-time recall fixes. This seems so unusal for a brand name with such a great reputation for reliability. From what I've read, it's an issue on both 04 and 05, for both the Titan and the Armada.

I need to do more investigating.

Lately I've been entertain thoughts of downsizing from my Super Duty, and the king cab with the longer bed (than the CC) just may do the trick, but I don't want a vehicle with more vertical miles than horizontal miles, if you know what I mean.

Thanks.
    it's slow at work today - thus why i am able to reply here a lot faster than usual (our a/c is broken too - and we're in the northeast! 90+ degrees and humidity up the wazoo!) talk about putting the pressure on our customers ;-)

honesty is the best way to go - its easier to remember the truth than lies (as my manager likes to say!) the titan is a great truck, and the way he mentioned the issue to me, it seems as though its just a pulsation versus the brakes failing completely. Like i said, i havent personally heard of people complaining about it (to me at least!) but i'm not in service.

the 2006 models (which should be out in a few months i bet) should hopefully have that issue fixed! Nissan kind of rushed the opening of the canton plant and didnt have everyone trained and thus the quality issues. they are working hard to fix those problems (they brought in 200+ engineers from japan to oversee the changes). otherwise, i think the titan is a great truck! hopefully you'll think so too! (again, after the brake issues are fixed)

Hey, I'm in Northern VA so it's kind of moist here as well!!!!! My lab refuses to go out unless I force him. Fortunately our AC is doing just fine (knock on formica).

I think I'll wait until 06. ;) I really like the Titan. Moreso than the Tundra. I'd like to go look at one this weekend but I'm afraid I'll be descended upon if I go (I'll go anyway). :shades: Hopefully the dealer will treat me right so I'll come back later when I'm much more serious. I'll level with them up front --- see how that goes. It's funny, when you say you'll come back, they just don't believe you but I guess I can understand why!

Thanks!
  • shoebe60shoebe60 Posts: 2
    What is the difference in the Titan XE and XE FFV?

Thanks
    good question! i wish i could answer it definitively - i think its just an emissions thing, to be honest. but i cant answer you for sure - sorry!

FFV stands for flex fuel vehicle. What it means is that the car can use straight gas or a blend of gas/ethanol or gas/methanol -- "alternative" type fuels. The vehicle's fuel computer "knows" what you're putting in it and makes all the necessary adjustments. That's the way it was explained to me anyway. This isn't something particular to Nissans - other cars have it too.
    hey, you learn something new every day!

thanks for the explanation!

• splashsplash Posts: 9
    How do I figure out when my Titan was built? Thanks.
    if you open the drivers side door, on the pillar there is a sticker - on there you will find the manufacture date (month/year) as well as the vehicle weight, ratings, etc. it will be on the lower part of the pillar. it should be towards the top of that little sticker as well

let me know if you can't find it!

• shoebe60shoebe60 Posts: 2
    Thenebean,

Do you know after what date the factory began installing the Technical Service Bulletin brake fix?

Thanks
    that i don't know - if you call your local dealer's service department, ask them what date and see what they say. i can try to find out on my end, but i dont know if i'll have time to get over to the service department (or if they'll have time to look it up for me!)

good luck!

• roobsterroobster Posts: 6
    Here is a link to Service Bulletins on Nissan Cars.

http://www.nissanhelp.com/Bulletins/Titan/Year.htm

Selsct the year of your Titan and your off

pappy :)
  • mondomondo Posts: 6
    I bought the Titan 04 LE model with every option you could think of:

navigation
    rockford fosgate 350 watt 6 disc CD
    DVD player with cordless head phones and remote
    leather
    dual power seats
    tow package
    side compartment
    off road package
    6" lift by Fab Tech, with 35" x 12.5" mud terrain tires
    power adjustable foot pedals
    rear sonar
    sun roof

Anyhow, I bought it for 42,000
    used the 3000 rebate towards the upgrades

I only have 12,000 miles, and the trucks been in the shop for one month, my differental blew and availability of a new one was not an option.

Despite that episode, my brakes have been turned, and pads been replaced for the second time, my partner is on his third time (he has the same model) this time however, they are replacing the rotors and extending his warranty on his.

I love the truck, I get thumbs up everywhere I go, it's powerful, good looking, trade in value is unbelievable, 27,000 for my model. What the H_ll is going on here! :mad:
  • I am looking to get into a:

2wd - SE - KC - Base - Deep Water Blue

Current offer is $23,800 less $2,000 rebate == $21,800 +tax/fees

How much more pushing should I try?

TIA
  • robnaorobnao Posts: 29
    I have seen several posts asking about this, but no responses, is nobody getting the factory extended warranty? The dealer here in Hawaii gave me a good deal on the truck, but is quoting $2400 for the 7/100k $0 deductible plan. Is this the best I can expect? I only paid $1000 for a 6/100k $0 deductible on my Toyota Highlander 3 years ago, I wasn't expecting more than double that price.
    Mine is a 05, SE, 4x4 off road pkg, tow pkg, red alert, utilitrac bed, prefered int pkg (cloth captains w/6cd changer & 8 speakers). So far it looks like it is the only red alert on the island, had to special order it though, took 2 months. Paid $33500 OTD at King Windward Nissan, no one else could come close, did the whole deal via e-mail and phone, didn't meet the salesman 'till I picked up the truck ;) . Very happy so far with only a couple very minor issues.
    i recommend the warranty if you plan on keeping the truck a long time, and/or driving a lot of miles. nissan recently raised prices on the warranties, and the $2400 may be in line with that price raise, but i would see if they can get the price down a little bit more for you. again, i dont see what the warranty costs are (thats all done by the business manager) but i do know he said the prices went way up.

hope that helps!

• titaneertitaneer Posts: 1
    ">05 XE CC 4x2
    Side Air Bags
    Spray In Bedliner
    XE Preferred
    Trac Package
    Floor Mats

Color = Smoke

MSRP = $28940
    Out the Door = $27400 ;)

I worked the deal thru carsdirectdotcom. I know this truck doen't have the real nice interior but it does have all the options I want. I think this was a fair deal.
  • Nevermind...bought a slightly different model.

'05 SE KC 4x4 - Canteen Green / Smoke Rims

w/floor mats and drop in bed liner

$24,200 +tax/fees -- maybe not the greatest but the deal was very easy and I am satisfied.
    Well that's all that matters!

May I ask you something? I would like to know what you think of the back seat on the KC. Is it roomy enough for adult passengers? I had a supercab on an f-150 once and it wasn't very comfortable to me.. I don't know if the design of these extended cabs has evolved to a point where it's a bit more comfortable back there, or if it's still the same-o same-o. I know kids can survive there no problem, but what about medium and larger (ahem) sized adults?

Also, thoughts on the bed size??. Any chance of hauling drywall or sheets of plywood without the load hanging off the back?

Thanks.
  • Well I have only had the truck for a few days but have had a chance to get 4 people in the KC. I think it all depends on what you consider avg size adults. I took some people out for a spin my father / mother / girlfriend. Dad and I were in the front seats, I am the largest in the group 6'2'' 260 my mom is probally 5'2'' 110lb she was behind me.

I was comfortable she was crammed in there. If you think you are going to need to get 4 adults in get the crew cab. It is big enough for dog / kid or less than avg sized adult (we all know avg american adult is only getting bigger.)

Bed size...my bed is 78.9" which is not big enough for a sheet of drywall or plywood (4x8 would need 96".) You would need to have the gate down.
  • crash813crash813 Posts: 3
    Ok, what exactly is invoice on these things.

I'm looking at an '05 LE CC with big tow, and a few bed utilities for a MSRP of 34,000.

When I run the numbers on edmunds, I get an invoice of $30,900 but reading these posts for the past couple of months, I hear invoice numbers of closer to $28,000 for similarly equipped trucks. What is it and if edmunds isn't right, who is?

Also, looks like $5500 off msrp is a safe bet on these? What's the census on it?

thanks
    Tom
    the prices people are posting on here are with the rebates (i believe) because edmunds is pretty right about invoice (or at least close).

-thene
    I never thought I was the worst negotiator but I've having the hardest time getting anywhere near what you guys are pulling off. I'm looking at LE crewcabs and the best I'm getting offered is at most $4500 with rebate. This is calling all over Texas, even the super-mega stores!!! I guess these things are still moving too well down here. :(

Any advice? I need an LE CC down to $28,000 to hit my price set by my credit union.
    Picked up my new Titan last night:

'05 2wd SE CC w/ power captains, big tow, traction, etc

MSRP $30,600
    cash price w/ rebate $25,500

I'm more than happy with the deal. I tried working with every Nissan dealer in the city (3), and none would budge more than $3000 or $4000 off w/ rebate. Plus all were extremely arrogate and rude. BTW - I'm in Austin, TX. Started calling Dallas and Houston dealers. Still did not do much better than that. Started to get frustrated and then call North Texas Nissan. I told them what I wanted to pay, and what I wanted and they came back with it exactly and only 5 miles on it.

They were also the most professonal and courteous Nissan dealer I've talked to yet. I guess the good sales numbers are getting to some of the dealer's heads! :confuse: Drove 4 hours and picked it up. Even took a trade-in, sight unseen with the numbers we agreed to.

A big thumbs up for them. :)
  • menmyjpmenmyjp Posts: 19
    First let me thank all who has posted messages and replies...I am a first time buyer and they have been EXTREMELY helpfull. I am looking for a XE 4x4 with very limited options. However, I hate to know that for an extra $40 a month I could have had the luxuries of an SE...My question is: Do I have more negotiating room on the SE because it cost more? and is it unreasonable to ask for 20% off these trucks that MSRP at $31,000?? Thank you all so much in advance! I hope to buy soon, but feel vulnerable because I am a first timer...Any advive would be greatly appreciated-
    most vehicles do not have more than a 10% markup between invoice and holdback, and holdback is no where near another 10% (giving you the 20% off you seek) your best bet is to build a truck at nissan's website that has what you are looking for, find invoice prices, true market value (found here on edmunds) and real world pricing, before you go to buy. that way, you know what is a good price, and what isnt. as a rule, there is more money to negotiate in a vehicle that is (surprise) more expensive! so you may be able to negotiate a larger discount on an SE vs. an XE, but you still have to look at the bottom line of what you can afford per month as well (another rule - for every $10000 you finance, you are looking at about a $200 a month payment)

let us know here what kind of truck you'd be interested in and we'll do our best to give you the information you need! buying a car (or truck) shouldnt be scary, but fun!

• menmyjpmenmyjp Posts: 19
    Thanks for the speedy reply thene, you seem to be a wealth of knowledge...I am looking for a SE KC 4x4 with only the SE popular package w/ Captain chair...MSRP is $30,220...But, I dont know the exact invoice,but edmunds reports $27,072...Is it rude to ask the sales staff what invoice is? Also, note that this truck is not on the lot and would have to be acquired via dealer trader...which may affect my ability to negotiate. Also, how do I configure holdback amount?
  • jcaleyjcaley Posts: 7
    Folks:

I am going to purchase a 2005 Titan LE Crew Cab tomorrow. The rebate is now $2000 for Crew Cabs for the next five days (and then more probably).

Here is my deal:

2005 LE CC 29242
    Red Brawn
    Tow Package 347
    Sliding bed extender 214
    Floor mats 82
    destination 670

Total 30555
    Tax 2400
    Lic 350
    Total 33305

Rebate -2000
    TOTAL 31305

Dealer holdback is 845
    My best quote is 30500

Does this sound like a good deal?

I know there is manufacture to dealer hidden money that we'll never really know about, but I'd like to warm and friendly comments is this is a deal to make peace with or continue the war!

Thanks,

John
  • jcaleyjcaley Posts: 7
    Folks:

I am going to purchase a 2005 Titan LE Crew Cab tomorrow. The rebate is now $2000 for Crew Cabs for the next five days (and then more probably).

Here is my deal:

2005 LE CC 29242
    Red Brawn
    Tow Package 347
    Sliding bed extender 214
    Floor mats 82
    destination 670

Total 30555
    Tax 2400
    Lic 350
    Total 33305

Rebate -2000
    TOTAL 31305

Dealer holdback is 845
    My best quote is 30500

Does this sound like a good deal?

I know there is manufacture to dealer hidden money that we'll never really know about, but I'd like to warm and friendly comments is this is a deal to make peace with or continue the war!

Thanks,

John