Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Nissan Titan Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• menmyjpmenmyjp Posts: 19
    Thats kind of what I figured, thanks Thene. Let me pick your brain on this deal that I just got. I'll try and not post anything illegal-

I just talked with a dealer in Fayetteville AR. He said take any Titan you want on the lot home for MSRP -$6,500 + $199. doc fee and $199 pinstripe. Basically any titan at $6,102 off. I asked him about why the mass amount of deals they were willing to make at under hold back?? He said, they have a new dealership coming in up the road and they are kicking off a program to move alot of vehicles in a very short period of time in order to project huge numbers for the dealership. Does this sound fishy or is it realistic?
  • thenebeanthenebean Posts: 1,124
    if that is a real number (and they will put it in writing for you) that sounds fair to me, based on what i am seeing titans go for. i'd say "eh" on the pinstriping, maybe you can convince them you dont like the pinstriping, but everything else is ok for you. do they have what you were looking for? i'd give it a shot and see where they fall on your price scale...if they start to get wishy-washy, just walk.

good luck!

-thene :)
  • hanks1hanks1 Posts: 4
    Hi Thene, I have been watching this website for 6 months now and will try to buy a Titan in the next week (finally) - I just wanted to thank you for your continued efforts, no matter what price I get it will be way lower thanks to your honest advice over the last few months - if I was on your side of the country I would buy from you just to say thanks - but I'm in LA,
    Anyway thanks again - you da woman
    Hank
    thanks for the kind words hank! i actually just left the car business last week - so i dont have any more insider information, but i will still be around to give the best help that i can. good luck with your purchase!

• ricks4ricks4 Posts: 6
    Been lurking for a while and intended to pull the trigger on a new 2005 in about a week. Just saw this article advising the 2006 will be released on Monday. Is this correct? I've previously searched for a release date and never found one but I thought the consensus of opinion was it wouldn't be until very late 2005 or early 2006. Anyone have any hard information? All my pricing/negotiating plans are out the window if this is true.

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/News/articleId=106838
    it could be true - but i think first shipments will be made monday, so unless you are at a big dealership, you probably wont see any 2006 models for a couple weeks...but i cant be 100% sure...

• ricks4ricks4 Posts: 6
    What would you advise if I were to buy a new 2005? Obviously, a new vehicle depreciates the minute you drive it off the lot. A "new" year old model must be even worse. What kind of a deal should I expect the dealer to entertain given I would be buying in essence a year old vehicle?
    every dealer does this differently - some try to wait until the last possible minute before really discounting the crap out of the new old models...some will discount like crazy, and some will just sell them for what they are...

its tough because the dealer still owns that vehicle for $xx,xxx and has to make a deal around that. but with the new ones probably going for close to invoice anyways, what incentive do you have in taking an 05?

its a tough predicament, and i cant tell you what to expect, but you can see what the best you can do on one of those is - especially if its a weirdly equipped truck (odd color/equipment etc)

good luck!

• Wow,

my rule of thumb has always to negotiate the best deal that day and sign the deal, once you go back they never return to the original point of negotiation because the stats say that once you leave and don't take the initial deal the chances of you coming back are only 1.5%, but if you come back, the odds get infinitely better, so they can hardball you more...

I always do my pricing research away from the target dealer, and if I have to test drive and try it out, I'll do it at another dealership...

Its very hard to come back and expect negotitations to restart where you left off...
  • coldingcolding Posts: 2
    So what could I reasonably expect on a Titan XE 4x4 with a MSRP of $27,100? Does $21,000 seem like a good offer for me to give? Should I start lower?

Thanks for the input.
  • eclipse2eclipse2 Posts: 64
    I picked up a Titan SE KC POP big tow 4X2 out the door for $25,100 that is with T.T I got it for my business but I like the way it drives! :P was this a good deal or should I have waited? the MRSP was 28,630

Thanks
  • coldingcolding Posts: 2
    Was that with a trade-in?
  • Here is the deal on carsdirect.com I was wondering if it would be possible to have dealers match it? and if its a good deal

2005 Titan SE w/ Big tow package for 25,297 (27,547 with 2,250 rebate)
    This is with no trade.
  • hey, Buddha, I'm no expert, but I'm in the process of formulating my offer on a Titan CC right now. thanks to some of the info here and elsewhere, I plan to start the discussion off at something less than invoice price. Can you tell us a little more about the truck you are looking for? 2WD or 4WD? KC or CC? any other options? then perhaps someone can chime in with some opinions. If you haven't already, download the MSRP and invoice prices with the options you want and figure out what you think a specific truck is worth to you (and to the dealer). I believe the increase in the price of gas, rising interest rates, "family plan" deals at the competition, along with the impending arrival of the '06 will make for some excellent deals over the next month...
  • I went to the dealer today and this is what I bought

titan crew cab SE with big tow package, utility package
    for 28000. The invoice is 28600 I think. I took the now $750 rebate with 3.0 financing rather than the 2250 rebate.
  • congratulations! enjoy your truck.

not gonna sucker me into making post #666, no way, uh uh. not gonna do it...
  • hanks1hanks1 Posts: 4
    Post 666 huh? I'll go for it.
    I just got my Titan (finally after 6 months waiting for $$). Got 05 King cab SE with Rock Fosgate, 4x4 Off-road, Bedliner, Mats for $27454 otd - with the tax in my area the price for the truck alone was about $25000 clean after the rebate. I would recommend the guys at Power Nissan Torrance - internet sales, I found the experience to be very hassle free in the end. I just told them I wanted the same deal that they gave another visitor to this website who bought a truck a week before me -and they beat it.
    Anyway thanks to Thene and Waterfowler for all your help,
    That sounds about right! I paid out the door $25,100 for the SE King Cab 4X2 pop pack, the big tow pack, bedliner and mats. yours is about $2,354 dollars more but you have the 4X4 off road and rock fosgate. I didn't need the 4X4! the titan is a great truck. good luck with yours..
  • Wow, intereting thread. I'm currently looking at purchasing a Titan as well. Would have bought one on Monday but the when I got down there the dealer told me that the price he quoted me earlier was on the King cab not the Crew. :mad:
    I won't be back there.
    I want an XE Crew 4x4 and the prices I've been offered from just about everyone here are right around $26500.
    Only thing that has set any one dealer apart is that one is willing to install the brake rotor replacement kit before I pick up the truck.