Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Nissan Titan Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• titaneesetitaneese Posts: 43
    Ok their first offer on an 06 titan msrp $34655.00 was $29817.00.

06 titan crew red alert
    floor mats
    underseat storage bin
    sliding bed extender
    tow package

MSRP $ 34655.00
    their offer $29817.00

whats my target price?
    whats my next move?

thanks Titanese
  • jhs70jhs70 Posts: 213
    Is "their offer" an out the door price? If it's not, that's only $46xx off msrp and that's not a great deal IMHO. But that depends on where you are (ie, how much competition is in your area).

Also, more info on the truck is needed. I assume it's an SE? Split bench seats or buckets? Any other options? You can get back to me with that if you wish and I'll help you out. If you want to do this yourself, here's what I do:

At a minimum, what I would do is take the invoice and subtract the $2250 rebate. Holdback is 2% of the total invoice, so figure that out and subtract it. What I do at this point is then go a bit deeper and this is where it gets a bit riskier. When you've subtrated invoice-rebate-holdback, subtract another $500 and see what happens. I know it sounds stupid, but when I bought my truck this is what I did and I was stunned to get bites. The worse that will happen is that they'll laugh at you. Some will, some might not. What have you got to lose? Because there just may be hidden incentives on some trucks in their inventory, especially if they've been sitting around for a while. Good luck!

PS, for the above to work you need to have a few nissan places in your area because you may get laughed out of one or two by doing this. You have to just move on. Ultimately you'll know whether this strategy will work. Fall back to what you're comfortable negotiating. Good luck. Do not succumb to pressure to buy.
  • titaneesetitaneese Posts: 43
    ok the truck is an LE 4x2.

Titanese
  • jhs70jhs70 Posts: 213
    Try 27750 and see what they say.
  • I got a quote (from those that actually responded to ne internet quote request) of $30,175. Sticker is (LE 4WD CREW) $37,425. Hope this helps.
  • tezzztezzz Posts: 15
    Crew LE
    Exterior: Smoke
    Interior: Graphite/Titanium
    Drivetrain: 4x4
    Packages and Options
    Step Rails $300
    Tow Package $400
    Accessories
    Floor Mats $120
    Under Seat Storage Bin $150

Base MSRP $35,750.00
    Total Packages, Options, & Accessories $970.00
    Destination & Handling $705.00
    Dealer option Weel lock $69
    VIN Etching $249
    Bug Shields $189
    Total MSRP† $37,932
    Trade in
    2006 BMW 325I Black/Black
    Premium Package, Cold, Xenon Adaptive Headlights
    Paid $35500.00+TTL, 18112Miles

I expect to lose a lot of money, but all I paid
    Trade in+$1700+TTL
    Happy and Sweet !!
  • I was ready to head to the lot to offer 22,000 for a 27,000 MSRP '06 Titan XE 4x4 when I called the dealer to see what colors were available. He told me to check the internet specials; holy cow, the same truck I wanted was offered at 20,800 + ttl! I'm glad I called because I was about to make a 1200 mistake.

The truck has manual windows, locks, mirror's, but still has CC, tilt, and not too bad of a stock cd/stereo player.

I feel like I got a good deal, but I'm gonna need the savings to pay for the gas!
  • Is $6200 off MSRP par right now? Should I wait longer in hopes of the price coming down or is the rock bottom for the Titan? How about an increase in the rebates after 10/2. I'm around Sacramento, CA can I get a few dealer recommendations. Thanks for answering my questions. :confuse:
  • My Titan is the 06 LE crew 4x4. Leather, 350w system. heated seats, utilitrac system and sprayed bed liner, bed extender, tow package, heated mirrors, bla bla bla... all the stuff a Le has.
    i had a 98 dodge dakota sport 4x4, very low miles babied and taken care of and paid off. price on the titan was over 37,000 and they didn't want to give me but 4 something on my trade. I told the salesman i was not paying a down payment and wanted my payments below 500..headed to the door. didn't make it to the dodge and they came back with an offer.. i paid 800.(deposit and down pmt). payments are 477(72mo) but i still think i got a pretty good deal.
    My titan is a BEAST!!!

Bill
  • I agree these vehicles down right suck. But what is worse is the service trying to get the poorly designed, poor material, unreliable, unsafe product fixed. Nissan stopped honoring my warranty at 24000 miles and 30 months. Can't blame them if your investing thousands a month trying to keep this POS running and being able to stop safely. Got the Big-Tow on mine, however, can't haul anything because my brakes go out every 6000 miles. Replaced 3 times by Nissan. Then Nissan stopped replacing my rotors and brake pads (under warranty I might add), and then had to pay $800.00 out of pocket. Thats $16000.00 in brake work over the life of the vehicle just so I can stop. I'm on my 3rd computer, thats another $9000 over the life of the vehicle so that the electronics run. Not to mention broken lamps, switched, door handles, and windows actuators. You do the math! It isn't worth owning a Nissan Titan Truck.
  • I just bought a radiant silver 2007 kc se with power bench package, non sliding bed extender, carpet for $22900. i could have bought one for $22500 but i would have to fly 2 hr and drive it back. it msrp at $28100. i just put in a rhino lining $400 and a grill guard $200 and it looks awesome. i couldnt get as much truck for my money as my titan. i almost bought a silverado 1500 4.8 instead. it didnt have power seat and priced @$22500. the dealer didnt want to help me search for one so i went down the street and got one 4 days later. i drove by the chevy place and saw the salesman and honked and waved at him. he was clueless why he didnt made the sale. my dealer also gave me another titan se with captain seat for the 4 days. i definitly like my bench seat better.
  • Here's the deal I worked. I Just bought a 2006 leftover. Had 65 miles on the ODO (test drives etc.. I assume) Red Brawn/Steel Crew Cab 4x4 LE off road package, spray in bed liner w/utili track and bed extender. Power and heated everything with the 10 speaker Rockford fosgate stereo w/6 disc changer. MSRP $38,005 Invoice was $34,800 picked it up for $29,700. $5100 under invoice. I'm a very happy new titan owner! So far this truck is worth every penny!

Has anybody bought service plans for these things? What do they cost and are they worth the investment?
  • Thats a tough question. Being Nissan stopped honoring my original factory warranty at 24000 miles/30 months and over 20 repairs. On one prospective, these vehicles are so poorly built and unreliable that I would say of course get it/ But then on another prospective, if Nissan didn't even honor my original factory why would they honor an extended warranty.
    Hope you realize that there is more to a truck purchase then looks and features. I'm learning the hard way through Nissan. Save a penny purchase a Nightmare! Also when Nissan stops backing their product by not honoring a the written warranty, why should anyone else back the product? Good luck, you'll need it.
  • Razorthunder,
    I have read many of your posts and it really sounds like you got the shaft. I have to wonder if part of your problem is the dealer you are working with. I'm sure if Nissan Motor Corp. stopped honoring your warranty you would have a lawsuit and I can't imagine you losing on the breach of contract alone. Anyway, my experience with Nissan has been great. I had a 95 Nissan pickup that I just decided to retire after 12 years and well over 200000 miles, other than normal wear and tear I only put a fuel pump in it. It served me very well and that was a large part of the reason that I went back for the Titan (for the record I don't buy things for looks, it fits my purposes). I know that many of the issues you had with your '04 (If I remember correctly) have been addressed over the last few model years. I'm hoping that the kinks are worked out and I fair a little better than you did. As for save a penny, I could have picked up a GMC or FORD cheaper so I really didn't save anything. I hope everything works out for you and I certainly hope that I don't find myself on here in 6 months bashing Nissan every chance I get.
  • Just don't get your vehicle repaired too many times under the factory warranty or expect it to run everyday, then you'll be, ok, in Nissans Book. I bash Nissan because of the way I was treated, the horrible reliability, and unsafe actions of the dealership; and between my two Nissan vehicles (both 2004), I went to dealership 66 times for various repairs. Now, thats some quality products! Yes, I brought action through arbitration, because I'm organized and keep all my paperwork and won against Nissan, for both vehicles. The point is to prevent others from going through the same ordeal I had to go through, because I missed the commercials where Nissan stop honoring warranties, or to depict the truck shaking so violently due to brake judder, or the one where the vehicles won't move because of BCM failure, or the window falls off because the regulators fail, or you open the door and the handle falls off.
  • mick14mick14 Posts: 30
    Sounds like razorboy got a lemon and is still crying about it. He has posted in 20 different spots and won't let it go.
    He hates Titans it seems. His posts do not make any sense.
  • mick14mick14 Posts: 30
    Looks like that was a good deal. I got about the same with the OR package as well for $28660 out the door in Feb 05.
    My dealership did me a solid and they rock!!
  • I neither agree or disagree with the pricing you have presented on this Nissan Vehicle. In my only, single response to your question presented on this vehicle, that was posted in the correct forum of "Nissan: Prices Paid and Buying Experience", I feel equally between buying or not buying this vehicle. This opinion does not reflect any official opinion, or that of edmunds, please purchase at your own risk. Hope, this input helps.
  • We just purchased a black titan king cab with a few extras on it. The sticker was $25,670 and i ended up paying $18,800. That was $6870.00 off sticker so I felt I received a good deal. We ended up with the factory tinted windows, the fancy floor mats which we really didn't care for but they are nice, the etched windows and the chrome wheels.