Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Nissan Titan Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• miata007miata007 Posts: 129
    Hello,

Just walked away from a wreck two days ago in my Civic coupe. On the nite, I was on the number 1 lane and big bus with 30 to 50 passengers decided to move right into my lane and put my car out of control. My car spun around on the freeway a few times and then hit the concrete center divider. When my car came to a stop finally, a 16 year old girl with no driver lincense then slammed into my driver-side rear quarter panel and totaled my car.

Let's cut the story short, I need a bigger car. Something safe and affordable. Can anybody tell me what kind of deal can I get on a base Titan?

Thanks!

• Looking for SE CC 4x4 w/fosgate and captains chairs, tow kit, and bed utilitiy kit.

Also what else comes with the LE CC 4x4 standard that I must pay for on the SE other than the fosgate ? I live in Hawaii and here is what I was quoted..

This is after the 1000 rebate. I am not sure where they are getting their retail price from

"I have one 2005 Titan SE Crew Cab 4x4 with tow package, audio with bucket seating, floormats, bed extender. I will have to check if it has the splashguards."

Retail $37,020. Internet $32,570 plus fees

Thanks
  • cookcook Posts: 1
    Looking at purchasing a 2005 LE CC 4x4 with most options...MSRP is around $43,030. I know what edmund's say for TMV ($40,779), but it seems that most people are getting better deals than that on here. What should I expect?

Thanks,

Tim
  • Purchased a Base Galaxy Black 2004 Titan King Cab 2WD with just a bedliner added in Wash D.C. area. At the time the Rebate was $2000, compared to current $2500 on Base. The "List Price" was $23,839.00. The price after rebate, and a little bit of negotiation, was $17,665 plus FTT. Good Luck
  • reuel3reuel3 Posts: 114
    lostbear --

Could you let us know your dealership name? That way others who are shopping in the same area can benefit.
  • Hello: I do not wish to promote any particular dealership, but they are well known in the Maryland area as a low price dealership, and advertise in the Washington Post on Fridays, with Stock/Inventory numbers listed. I use them to deal with other dealerships. Thanks
  • SylviaSylvia Posts: 1,636
    You can name the dealership, city and state - just not individual salespeople or listing of phone numbers.
  • Yes, I can. But what would be the point, unless to clarify the deal to Edmunds, which by the way, lists prices based on National price points, and accepts advertisements based on Regional marketing. Please Post.
  • mcreamcrea Posts: 4
    Anyone knows what's the dealer holdback on the 2005 Titan LE4x4, I know the holdback on the regular Titan LE is about $ 600.00. Other than Consumer Reports can the info be gotten or bought somewhere else?
    Thanks.
  • I have been looking for a fully loaded 4X4 Crew Cab Titan with the Big Tow, Off Road, Nav, Side Air Bags, Sunroof, Bed Extender, Floor Mats, Theater System...with a sticker price of 42710.00 I have received an internet price of 38825.00 in Southern California. Does this sound like a fair price before tax, title, and license? What type of prices have others paid for similar LE's?
  • Hi,

I am trying to decide between these two trucks:
    Nissan Titan LE crew Cab and Dodge Ram 1500 SLT

This is going to be my first truck and I appreciate any advice and insight on these trucks.

These are the best offers I have received on these 2 trucks in LA. I am still in the process of going to other dealerships in the area.

1.) 05 Nissan Titan LE Crew Cab:
    TITAN LE 25,794.13 + TT&L, ALL REBATES applied

2.) Dodge Ram 1500 SLT 4.7 V8 (Not the Hemi)
    The price on 2005 Dodge Ram quad cab SLT 4.7L v8 automatic transmission, Navigation, power sunroof, light group

MSRP $31935

Fleet Affiliate price $28559

Your price $27995

- 2500 rebate

- 1000 cfc
    ----------------

Final Price 24495

Thanks,

Carman8
  • thenebeanthenebean Posts: 1,124
    i would say go for the titan - especially with that price! also, you are getting a much more powerful engine and bigger towing capability than the 4.7 in the dodge.

my 2 cents

happy motoring!
  • Need referral help finding a dealer with a clear-cut purchase formula on Nissan Titan/F150 in the Los Angeles/Orange County region.

Does it depend on "model" and options or can I work a formula of invoice price +/- so much?

Am SICK of the moving target pricing seems to be at dealerships. Have been trying to compare Titan and F150 and see what room there is in pricing and having a heck of a time.

I don't want to talk "payments" or trim levels, just want an "invoice price plus or minus so much" sort of formula based on well published MSRP and Invoice pricing.

and

Is the a trim package Nissan or Ford will partiuclarly deal on?

Thanks
  • SylviaSylvia Posts: 1,636
    Yeah, some people just want to play that game and it bites. I just keep telling them - it isn't any of your business what the monthly payment is I can afford. Tell me the bottom line price and break it out (invoice, add-ons from manufacturer, add-ons from dealer if any, doc fee, tax, title and any other fees). If they don't do this, I walk and be sure to stop by the Managers office on the way out. What you are asking for isn't out of line.
    as a salesperson (and internet manager) i say email your request to as many local dealerships as possible. some wont respond, some will give you the whole dog and pony game of come down and we'll make it worth your time, and others will give you their best price (for example, i always do $400 below invoice on all internet requests) go with the one that lists it all up front - print out the email, and go see the internet manager. best way to buy a car! if you have any other questions, i'd be happy to answer :-)

best of luck!

-thene
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Posts: 10,913
    You might also have a look at our discussion called Purchasing Strategies - Questions & Success Stories to see what techniques other shoppers have used successfully.

kirstie_h
    Roving Host
    Host, Future Vehicles & Smart Shopper discussions

Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• If you wanna great deal, take a little trip to Carmax of White Marsh In Maryland. I saved 5000 bucks on my SE King Cab- loaded... I came down from NY to get it, and it was well worth it. They can do everything that one day- I showed up at 3 in the afternoon, and was driving home at 6pm. Great people, great prices, and tons of options to choose from.
  • Def. not... i just got that truck in Maryland yesterday for 24000- except no bed extender- but did have the full bed package otherwise.

granted prices are probably different in Hawaii... but i'd be like you gotta come way down.
  • pottopotto Posts: 4
    Curious on what fees I should expect when I buy from the dealer. Does Nissan charge an ad fee?
    Documentation fee? And any other BS fee?

Should I avoid paying all these fees, and just ask the dealer what the final cost will be without the Tax/License charge?

Thanks for the help.
  • robnaorobnao Posts: 29
    I was looking for an '05, red alert, SE, 4x4, off road, big tow, utility bed, crew cab. Looking for this in Hawaii was not working, so I even covered all of southern Cal, not one like that. Decided to factory order and started calling the dealers in Hawaii, I will not deal with the Tony group ever again. They gave me a discount off the base price ($1500) and then wanted to charge full MSRP for all the options I wanted. They also tried to say the price before rebate could not be set until I took delivery, Nissan might change the price. King Nissan on the windward side gave me $1000 over invoice before any rebate when I take delivery. I also got a lot of help from the GM of Power Nissan Torrance. He helped me even though he knew he would not make the sale, I would recommend giving him a call if you are in SoCal. This will be the second vehicle I have factory ordered, takes a bit of time, but you get exactly what you want, no dealer add ons or options you don't really want. Will be delivered mid to late April.
  • pottopotto Posts: 4
    hey robnao, how much did you pay?
    I am looking for something similiar. '05 Copper, 4x4, off road, big tow, utility package, King Cab, and maybe the SE Popular w/Power package. No one has this near by, so I must ordering one.

Thanks
    if you plan to finance/purchase, nissan does not charge any fees. at least here in CT. but i dont believe they do anywhere. expect to pay a dealer conveyance fee - and when you ask for an OTD price, have them tell you to calculate all their fees, taxes and registration in that price (and have them itemize it! dealer conveyance fee: $199, registration: $100 etc)

that way you know everything up front. heck, even make them sign off on your worksheet that there are no additional fees anywhere unless you choose to buy warranties, paint protectants, etc.

i tell you this as a salesperson - because regardless of anything else, we dont get paid unless you buy a car - there comes a point where we work for YOU and not the dealership! (if that makes any sense) put us to work for you - but please, be fair :-) we're people too! (well some are scumbags, but most arent anymore!)

happy motoring!

thene
  • ffwilsonffwilson Posts: 1
    I see that there are salepeople on here as well as consumers, and my question is what is the best time of year to buy, and does buying at the end or beginning of the month have any difference? I know this has probably been asked before but have a little patience, Thanks.
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Posts: 10,913
    Since your question isn't specifically about the Titan, you might try our Any Questions for a Car Dealer? discussion.

kirstie_h
    Roving Host
    Host, Future Vehicles & Smart Shopper discussions

Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• hvanhvan Posts: 56
    The best time to buy is in March. Right now, Nissan has a program call "The Race to 100th million cars/trucks". Their fiscal year ends in March 2005. Thus, if they don't meet their corporate sales objective by mid March, they will have bigger rebate incentives to move the vehicles. Stay tune....
    drive to a million...

i wish it were 100 million! then i would have sold tons more cars this year! ;-)

primarily end of month (especially slow winter months) is a great time to buy.
  • kahiaukahiau Posts: 1
    I had just purchased the 2005 Titan LE here in Hawaii. I had a 2005 Tacoma on order but was getting tired of not being able to get the numerous options as they weren't being added just yet. I took a glance at the options of the Titan online (much better flow than toyota) and I was even able to know which dealer had the truck I was interested in.

I had done my research here and abroad and am very greatful for what I had found. I noticed that others were able to get 2-4K under the MSRP so that was my goal. I had a 2003 Taca DC for a trade in that was loaded with things I've added. I had a loan established from my credit union so I only needed to pic my truck.

My 13 y/o son and I took the Titan LE for a drive and bing-bada-boom, I was hooked. We went in for bargining. I told my son to pay attention closely. I was hoping that my working in psych and law enforcement field for over 10 years each would pay off.

The dealer was a bit smooth to not list all the options loaded on the truck there at the site but they were listed online at nissanusa.com, down to the VIN. I noticed that the dealer had the truck listed at 33K and it had the utility rack and big tow. So my goal was to get it to the range of 30K.

Having a pre-approved loan for 31K I had my buying power and they happily started the 4-square at 35+K with a lovely 5K down. I immediately said I have nothing to put down and am limited to 31K. They asked for 32K and I told them I appreciate their offer but already have a great truck and would shop further. They came back and said they could do 31K. I walked out with my keys and an awesome truck.

I was worried about the gas mileage as I love to see things go by in a blur but my taco was getting 16 mpg and I am now getting 'round 12-13 mpg.

They later told me they didn't charge me for the tow pkg, as I was asking if/why someone had opened the two front door panels. They said it came like that. I don't see sales folks as friends only business partners making a living. All seems well but I was tossed a bit when they told me about the two pkg after my asking about the door panels which were found out by my tint person I go to.

Anyone added the maintenance pkg? I've had the extended warranty for the taco and am getting full refund as I've not used it. I was going to apply it to the Titan in an extended warranty but may just put it towards the maintenance pkg instead, or just pocket it for a rainy day.
  • reuel3reuel3 Posts: 114
    "Anyone added the maintenance pkg?"

You may have better luck asking that question in our Nissan Titan forum, which you can find by using the drop-down browsers at the left of the page.
  • nwdrivernwdriver Posts: 5
    I want a 4 dr. LE CC 4x4 with side-air bag package and floor mats. Edmunds says MSRP is $37,230, invoice of $33,656 and TMV of $35,439--all prices would be further reduced by the current $1,500 March rebate.

TMV includes $300 regional adjustment and all have $670 destination charge.

Seems like many of the prices discussed on this board are less than invoice?? Anyone have access to good prices in pacific northwest???
  • hvan3hvan3 Posts: 630
    One of our local dealers has 2 2004 Titan LE. They are marking it off by $8,000. While tempted, I decided to pass it up. I prefer 2005 SE.

In LA/OC, I've seen '05 SE going for $22.5k, while '05 F150 Supercrew XLT can be had for slightly under $22K. Also, '05 Rams Quad cab SLT can be had for under $21k.

decision, decision..... My top choice is Titan SE!