Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Toyota Solara Convertible - 2004 and Newer

Wondering if anyone out there has information/pictures on the new model Toyota Solara convertible?

Comments

• Curious if anyone knows when the new Solara convertible will be available in dealerships?
    Is Toyota talking about it's features/options, or is it the usual "veiled secret"?
  • jchan2jchan2 Posts: 4,956
    likes to take the "keep everything secret until brochures come out" route for new cars. Don't expect anything until brochure time.
    are there any clues about a base price, colors, or what?
  • ncapponcappo Posts: 1
    The convertible colors are black and tan.I've seen it. It looks like it was designed to be a convertible.It will be in production this spring.I would expect it on the lot by march or april.Toyota never lets out any pictures until the last minute.
    the only color choices are black and tan? I always liked midnight blue convertibles.
  • I'm hoping for the cosmic blue. I also heard rumors about it being available at the Chicag Auto Show, anyone know anymore?
    with just two colors, you're going to lose customers to the Sebring Convertible.
  • I think we may have misuderstood (at least I'm hoping) ncappo about the convertible colors. I'm thinking that tan and black are the two colors for the convertible tops. I'm hoping that the convertible will be available in the same colors as the coupe. Also I have heard from a dealer that one of the trim levels may be removed from the convertible model. Anyone heard anything about this?
  • setzersetzer Posts: 127
    my Aunt is may move out here within a year or so, and she really wants a convertible. She likes the Thunderbird, but it was way out of her price range. Maybe I can talk her into a Camry Solara convertible.
    I think that the SE Sport might be dropped from the convertible line.
  • Toyota just announced that the convertible will premier at the Chicago Auto Show and will be arriving at dealerships in mid-March. At that time, orders can be placed by paying a down payment that will get you the car you want.
  • ...told us this week that they thought the Solara covertible was pushed back and would be coming later in the year as an '05 model.

Sounds like they were wrong.
    will be here in time for the summer!
  • According to the model release/press conference this morning, the car will be in dealer showrooms by the end of March, carry a sticker at or slightly lower than the outgoing model and be completely assembled in Georgetown as opposed to the old Toyota/ASC arrangement.
    Also, it will be offered in the SE or SLE trim levels with a 225hp V6 engine mated to a 5-speed automatic.
    The top is "one button" automatic with a full glass rear window.
    There should be press photos on the web by tomorrow the latest.
  • Check out Toyota's website.
    saw the launch, the convertible looks really nice.
  • Does any see this convertible as out saling the Sebring Convertible down the road? It will be good to see if the Solara Convertible can beat the next redsign Sebring Convertible, but for now, I can see the Solara Convertible beating the Sebring.
    with better build quality, better resale, better interior.... The only place you'll see Sebring Convertibles will be in the Avis Rent A Car lot.
  • Went to the chicago show today and saw the convertible for the first time today. Its a great car, obviously meant to be made as a convertible. I also have pictures that I took, if someone could tell me how to post them.
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Posts: 10,902
    What you need to do is upload your images to a hosting website. Some members pointed me toward imagestation.com, and it's worked out great for me.

After you load your images, select the one you want to display here. Put your mouse over it and right click, then select "Properties." In the properties window, you'll see the address starting with "http." Select it, and copy the address.

Then, when you're in Town Hall, type [img src=yourURL]. Instead of the [], use <>, and where I have "yourURL," paste the link you copied. That should do it! Sorry if my instructions were too elementary, but better to include too much info than too little :)

Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• "with better build quality, better resale, better interior.... The only place you'll see Sebring Convertibles will be in the Avis Rent A Car lot"

Amen to that!
  • when Toyota is goign to update their website so that you can build and price the convertible???
    expect it to be updated at the end of the month- Toyota is a bit slow at updating their website.
  • According to the business section of this mornings paper, Toyota announced anticipated pricing for the Solara Convertible. Supposedly pricing will start at $25,950 for the SE, for an approximate 7.5% reduction from the 2003 price levels. By my math, the convertible is about $4000 over the coupe. Anyone else have additional or different information?
  • svevarsvevar Posts: 160
    "with better build quality, better resale, better interior.... The only place you'll see Sebring Convertibles will be in the Avis Rent A Car lot"

"Amen to that!"

...assuming, of course, that the public decides to abandon style in favor of a droopy-looking SC430 knock-off. But then again, beauty is in the eye of the beholder, I guess.
  • Further info on pricing for Solara convertible.

Toyota Motor Sales (TMS), U.S.A., Inc., announced manufacturer's suggested retail prices (MSRP) today for the all-new 2004 Camry Solara Convertible, the 2004 MR2 Spyder mid-engine sports car and the 2004 Celica sport coupe equipped with the Action Package. The MR2 Spyder and Celica with Action Package go on sale at the end of February while the Solara Convertible will arrive at dealerships at the end of March. The improved value of the 2004 Solara Convertible is reflected in its pricing. The 2004 SE starts at $25,950, which is $2095, or 7.5 percent, less than the 2003 model. The SLE with all of its standard equipment is positioned $1075, or 3.5 percent, less than the 2003 model with a base MSRP of $29,450.
  • Just wondering where you got this information from...a website? toyota dealer?
  • kenitzerkenitzer Posts: 19
    According to an article in the paper a few days ago, Solara Convertibles are coming of the production line in Georgetown, KY. The article focused on the fact that the Georgetown facility has excess capacity and is possibly a site for production of the Highlander which is now manufactured in Japan but primarily sold here in the US. As part to the article they mentioned the Solara Convertibles were coming off the line.

Still no updated Toyota web site, anyone know when that might happen.
  • tyresmokertyresmoker Posts: 266
    The cars are in production. I have the first one my local dealer is getting reserved. It should be in by the last week of March. That is the good news. It is black with a stone interior. That is the bad news. Wife would prefer tan interior. Might be waiting for a tan interior.
  • kenitzerkenitzer Posts: 19
    Tyresmoker: Are you just first on a list, or do you actually have a contract with pricing etc. from the dealer?