Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anyone shopping for a 2004 Tundra Double Cab?

Comments

• Test drove the DC over the weekend. Dealer had only a TRD version. Is the ride any different on the non TRD's? If not, then what is the value of opting for the TRD package? Thanks!
  • goggagogga Posts: 6
    Hi there,
    I'm in the process of buying a dcab limited in southern California. I really wanted the overhead console that displays outside temp and compass, but the dealer told me this is not available yet. I know this is available in Texas though, so now I'm considering buying out-of-state. Anyone out there knows if this is true and if so are there regions closer to San Diego where I will get this option?

Thanks
  • I'm searching for a LTD DC with VSC. Is this a hard option to come by in the northeast? Most limiteds that I'm coming across only have limited slip diff and not VSC.
  • Just thought I would let you all know that Toyota is offering a low 1.9% for 60 months on the Double Cab 2004, yes I said Double Cab.
    But it ends tomorrow. I have one on order and is scheuled to be in around April. I sure hope this pops up again.
  • touctouc Posts: 28
    Wow! 1.9% for 60? Where is that??
  • It should be everywhere, I found it on a Toyota website, I called my dealer, and he said yes it was true. My truck is due in in April, he said he will find out today (monday) when it is expected to arrive and they may pssible be able to lock me into the 1.9% APR. It was for the month of January only. My wife said she saw a DC commercial on the TV and it said 0% for 60 months? I duno, but after I post this, I am going to surf the web to see if this is true, I will keep you posted.
    By the way, what %APR did you get?
    My apr was 4.3 for 60 months. I called the dealer I purchased from, and they said they hadn't heard that (hmmmm). Anyway, I guess it was all too late for me. I think Capital One and E-Loan rates are 4.29 for 60 months.
  • You can go to toyotafinance.com, and pick your state and it tells you the APR and incentives for that area, I thought it was universal, but it is zoned for certain area. Anyway, with my excellent credit, they told me it would be about 4% for 60 and 4.5 for 72 months. On the website, it says it excluded DC, but the dealership reassured me that it ended 01-31-04. I am going to watch this and they are going to try to pro-rate me if the interest pops up again.
  • reddogsreddogs Posts: 353
    0.0% APR on 2003/2004 Toyota Camry, Matrix, Corolla, 4Runner, Tacoma and Tundra (excl. Double Cab)
    Click the link above for details

3.9% APR on 2003/2004 Toyota Sequoia

http://www.toyotafinancial.com/promos/index.jsp?region=gst#promoR- esults
    Click the link above for details
  • Your right, it does exclude Double cabs now, but for the month of January, it was 1.9% on Double cabs. I went to the dealer and they said it was right, now this was in WV, so it varies from region to region. I have a DC on order and they were checking on the status of my order to see what status it was in, so they could pro-rated me a little, but unfortunately, it was not ready yet. But it was 1.9% for 60 months. I was almost tempted to buy one from the lot at the time since it was so low APR, but only one of them were Limited and it did not have all the options as the one I ordered.
  • Hi All,

I have been informed, and have had confirmed that the actual price of the Tundra Double door with NO extras is $22,463. Then come the 'standard extras: CK, PG, TO, KE, ST or what have you. Then you add in the hold back, the doc fees, and whatever else they nickel and dime you on. Mine included TO, LD, KE, JZ, PG, CK, ST. I paid 25,500 + TTL. The best price I could find, with the least amount of standard extras I didn't want. And I am very, very pleased with this truck!!
    Tomsawyer2,
      I, too, got a good deal on a 2WD Double Cab.($25,100). I wonder what I could have negotiated if my wife would have not been with me? (although she might have been my luck charm) So far I a very pleased as well. Now I am trying to save for a bedliner and keyless entry. Looks like you got a keyless. I am hoping to get a spray in liner first. My only complaint is the looks of my stander tires/steel wheels. Enjoy your Tundra.
  • I recently received my ordered DC Limited 4x4, the MSRP was $37,600, I got the truck for a bottom dollar of $34,400. It has leather, heated seats, skid plate, 17 inch alloys, wood-grain dash kit, rear audio controls, moonroof, towing package, limited slip diff., carped floor mats, accessory package, all weather package, overhead console package with homelink system, and color keyed running boards.
  • ronstoyronstoy Posts: 55
    Any news or rumors for a larger engine in the near future for the double cab?
  • kellyckellyc Posts: 3
    Just bought a 2004 on Monday, March 31. Total cost was 28995 (including tax, tags and title) from Fred Anderson Toyota. A little bit of a drive for us, but they definitely gave us the best deal around. Truck, has moonroof, floor mats and normal extras. Seems to be doing really, really well. It rides with quite a bit of comfort.
  • benjaminbenjamin Posts: 1
    I bought a DC Ltd 2WD yesterday.
    Options are: Leather, 6 Disc changer, Heated seats, towing package, running board, LSD, overhead console, running lights for 29,000 at toyota of El Cajon and 2.9 % for 60 months.
  • prlady1prlady1 Posts: 573
    A reporter is looking to interview folks who have recently bought vehicles for terms of 60 months...would you be willing to be interviewed? If so, please contact me at jfallon@edmunds.com with your phone number asap, by Wednesday May 18 at the very latest. I'll make it worth your while with a free Edmunds.com t-shirt. Thanks for your consideration.
    Very best,
    Jeannine Fallon
    PR Director
    Edmunds.com
  • What trim level and accesories did you get for that price? What APR did you get by the way?
  • bigguybigguy Posts: 1
    I live in the Los Angeles area and I'm very interested in the Ltd. 2wd DC Tundra. I'm trying to stay under $29k.I love bells & whistles like the next person but I hate the option packages given.They are too pricey,it seems and some options I wouldn't even use.Doesn't Toyota let you choose whatever you want? And what happened to the color BLUE,why is this not available?

Does anyone have any tips?
  • uwahuskyuwahusky Posts: 17
    BLUE - Because it's ugly and nobody buys them.
This discussion has been closed.