Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Nissan Titan vs. Ford F150

Comments

• fishnalaskafishnalaska Member Posts: 1
    I Bought a Toyota Tacoma V6 le extended cab in 95. I Thoroughly enjoyed the truck but due to my family growing, (a 3 year old and a 1 year old) I needed a bigger truck (crew cab). I have always loved the F-350s and bought a used 2003 duely lariat.

I had some problems with my wife’s van (2002 Dodge Grand Caravan) and she absolutely would not drive the duely while the van was in the shop, we ended up having to rent a vehicle, it was also a little to wide for the town I live in. So, as much as I hated to do it I started to look to get another truck. I initially wanted to just get a Ford F-series (non-duely) to replace it.

I went to the ford dealership and drove a 2004 f-150 lariat (fully loaded except for sunroof. I kept leaving the dealership for 3 days, while I drove the truck home every night. I worked out an awesome deal with the dealership. Due to my continuously leaving the dealership they had agreed to sell it to me for Kelly blue book invoice price. Plus the rebate, Plus 500 dollars off for military discount (and also another 1000 off for some dealership money they get from ford.) I actually don’t know where this last thousand was coming from. They said they had 52 vouchers to give to whom they wanted up to 4 vouchers per person. Each voucher was worth 250 dollars. Bowke28 probably knows what I am talking about.

Anyway, while I was working the deal with the Ford dealership I was looking at the competition.

I test-drove a loaded Tundra, a very nice truck in my opinion, especially the New CC. It is just kind of old looking in my opinion, and severely underpowered compared to the other full size trucks.

I drove the Dodge hemi, I really like the way they look and sound, but after driving the Tundra and the F-150, the suspension felt very stiff, the seats were uncomfortable and I really just didn’t have a good feeling about Dodge after all the problems I am having with my wife’s van.

I didn’t drive the Chevy. I don’t like the way they look.

So I was ready to sign with Ford when I read a couple comparisons on the Internet. This was the first I heard of the new Titan. I found a Nissan dealership and test drove the truck. They didn’t have any Le's, but I was still blown away by the power, looks, and sound of the truck. I let them know exactly what I was looking for and they had it the next day. I was torn between the two trucks.

I liked the way both trucks look. In my eyes it was a toss up as to which looks better. I thought the interior of the Ford was plusher. But the Nissan interior was also nice. I liked the way the Nissan handeled more than the Ford, though the ford was still a comfortable ride. With the deal the Ford place was giving me the prices actually came to be about the same. So it came down to engine performance and which truck I thought fit me better.

I bought the Nissan Le CC W/Big tow and off road package.

I am only loyal to myself not Toyota, Ford, Dodge, or Nissan. Seeing As I have owned all four brands in the last year. There were several other things that affected my decision but, I bought what I thought was the best truck. The Ford does have more options to chose from (which is why I believe they one truck of the year) but the Titan had what I was looking for so there was no deal buster there. It was almost too close to call. Both trucks are beautiful and I believe both are heads and shoulders above everyone else right now. It was so close that I might have chosen the Ford if it had been a Monday instead of a Friday. Know what I mean.

If you are looking for a Good truck. Either truck will do. Definatly drive both trucks. Dont just listen to what the dealerships or Magazines or us guys on the internet are saying is the best truck. Drive them both and you will come to that decision yourself.

Good luck to all...I love trucks!
  • bowke28bowke28 Member Posts: 2,185
    great post, but i have no idea what the "vouchers" are...probably a dealership thing that they "told you" was from ford.
  • nvbankernvbanker Member Posts: 7,239
    I think Fishnalaska's story makes one pretty good point by illustration - the race is probably between Ford & Nissan now - and the others should be more worried. Aside from the loyal following they may have, GM trucks are now very dated, Toyota needs an engine to compete and Dodge, still suffers a bit from inferior interior illness.
  • PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Member Posts: 9,372
    Be sure to check out our Town Hall chat lineup for Tuesdays... First up, talk the latest in new automotive technology during the Hybrid Vehicles Chat from 12-1-6pmPT/3-4pm ET
    NOTE: This is a NEW time slot for this week!

Hybrid Vehicles Chat Room

Immediately following at 6-7pm PT/9-10pm ET, we keep the chat party going with the Mazda Mania chat.

Mazda Mania Chat Room

The Town Hall chats are a great place to take these message board topics LIVE. Hope to see you there this week!

PF Flyer
    Host
    Pickups & News & Views Message Boards
  • aspesisteveaspesisteve Member Posts: 833
    when I bought my Ford, it was crazy how the discounts added up. $2,500 factory cash back + $1,000 was from FMCC - I financed as little as possible and then paid off the loan in one month. Then there was $500 was for owning my own business and of course the dealer discount.
    I had to fight hard for the last $500 because I'm not a "licensed contrator" - I instead just registerred my business at city hall - which cost me $100.

With the exception of the FMCC cash back and the factory rebate, no one advertises the rest in their fine print. The lack of disclosure was not exactly truthful in my opionion. It was giving the dealer a way to wiggle out of what they offered in print. Had I not got what was advertised I would of walked or threatened to sue.
    they dont have to...

they dont have to explain how they get to an advertised number, outside of standard factory rebates.

why do you care how they got to the #?
    bowke,
    I don't care how they get to the number as long as they get the number that they advertise.

In my case they advertised $7,500 off MSRP with the fine print saying $2,500 was factory cash back, $1,000 FMCC cash back and the remainder dealer discount. There was no mentioning that $500 was for being a contractor. They told me that if I couldn't show them a business license that I would have to give them back $500. Truth in advertising, in my opinion, says they should have spelled it out. They didn't even mention anything about it over the phone - only near the end of the paper work.

I scrambled and got a business license, but would of screemed foul if I hadn't obtained one.

kapisch?
  • andmoonandmoon Member Posts: 320
    I have owned both Ford and Nissan and favor neither. I do look at cost of maintenance for work that I do not perform myself like timing belt/chains. Do any of you Titan/f150 experts know the belt type and maintenance intervals for these trucks? Are there any maintenance items that may be easy to do but are required frequently? ( I hate crawling under a truck with a grease gun to look for mutliple zerk nipples!)

I think the subjective decisions of which drives better, which brand is better, which looks/feels better, should be left to each individual and their decisions respected.

Thanks,
    Don
    the timing belt on the '04 F150 is supposed to be replaced at around 90k miles. Up to that point it's just fluid changes - Jiffy Lube stuff.
  • keaneckeanec Member Posts: 349
    I was glad that the Titan has a timing chain rather than a belt like the F-150. If you don't change that belt and it goes....watch out!
  • kg11kg11 Member Posts: 530
    My brother's '69 Ford 302 only had about 85k mi on it when the timing chain and gears wore out enough to break teeth on a gear. My '67 Ford 289 did the same thing at about the same milage.

Does the Titan's chain use a tensionor? If not there's probably no advantage. Do the timing gears have a coating on them to quiet the chain?

That was what wore out and caused gear failure on my brother's '69 Fairlane. My '67 Ford 289 was an earlier version of the same engine and had no coating. The 302 (5.0L) was discontinued about 30 years later and in the '80's and '90's they lasted well over 100k for many owners so appearently they got it right.

The '04 F150 FX4 I picked up yesterday is the fitst Ford I've owned in many years and I consider replacing the belt @ 90k insignificant maintnance.
    your kidding, right???

dude, its 2004. the difference from 1967-2004 in technology is like the difference from a horse-drawn carriage to the '67 ford.
  • vadpvadp Member Posts: 1,025
    Ford is using timing belts???
    Are you sure?
    Which engine - 4.6L or 5.4L???
  • dustykdustyk Member Posts: 2,926
    Kg,

I know very little about the Nissan 5.7 motor but if it has a timing chain I would bet that it has a tensioner. Unlike other companies representing an Asian automotive mentality, Nissan in the past has bucked the trend and used chains instead of belts.

Yes, some contemporary designs use a coated gear just like they did in the sixties, along with a resilented chain (Morse-link). The designs are identical but the material selection has advanced. Some manufacturers use a uncoated roller chain instead of a Morse-link which increases the strength and the longevity of the components.

I didn't think the Triton motors used timing belts.

Dusty
    I appreciate people sharing thier knowledge without having to be an expert on everything. You don't have to know a lot about Nissan's 5.7, it's probably a safe bet that they use a tensioner.

The advancement of materials was part of the point I was trying to make. The Ford 5.0 was introduced in '68 and only had minor changes in it's 30 year production run, yet it only had timing chain problems for 3-4 years.

Bowke:Do you know anything about horse drawn buggies? I've had a couple of them too.

Most engines with timing belts don't suffer catastrophic damage when the belt breaks or slipps. Those that do,often called interferance engines, have valves that, when open, occupy the same space that the piston does at the top of it's stroke. These are mostly high performence 4 cyl engines.

It seems unlikely to me that Ford V8's have belts or are "interference" engines, though I must confess I really don't know

I wonder how many Nissan V8's there are out there with more than 100k mi on them?

kg
    I just finished reading my "Scheduled Maintenance Guide" and the only mention of timing belt replacement is for the 4 cyl Escape in the "Trucks Full Sized Vans and SUV" section.

I don't remember who posted that the F150 has a timing belt but the Ford Motor Company doesn't think it does.

kg
    you're right -

the '04 F150 maint. schedule recommends changing the "accessory belts" at 150,000 miles.
  • boomer1bboomer1b Member Posts: 316
    Been searching the gates.com application site.
    Most newer OHC Ford V-8s indeed use timing belts as does Toyota 8s.
    NO listing for Nissans OHC 8...But its too new anyway. Site doesn't even show drive belts either. So really don't know for sure.
    The only OHC V-8 that I know of that uses chains is the Cadillac Northstar.
    The Nissan engine is 5.6 litre. The 5.6 has a timing chain as the valve train is "32 valve;silent chain, single stage."

I had a Frontier that had to have the belt changes at 100,000kms and it was expensive to change. It was a 6 cylinder engine.

My '93 pathfinder also had a 6 cyl. and needed the belt changed (also expensive). Other pathfinder owners didn't change and lost engines.

I have no idea if the F-150 is a belt or chain, but I prefer a chain.
    My bud has a Pathy and loves it. He has the 6 and had both timing belts replaced at around 90k or so. The dealer recommended changing water pump, coolant and drive belts while it was apart......Almost $1000 bucks.........YIKES!
  • jrc346jrc346 Member Posts: 337
    All versions for both of these motors use a timming chain.
    Thursday Chats!

You can hang out and chat with your fellow Town Hall enthusiasts for TWO hours on Thursdays now... First up from 5-6pm PT/8-9pm ET we have the brand new Saab Enthusiast Chat. Stop in to meet and greet fellow Saab enthusiasts and your fellow Town Hall denizens and take your favorite automotive topics LIVE in our chat room.

Saab Chat Room

Then immediately following...

Welcome to the Subaru Crew's Weekly Chat!

Join the Subaru Crew every Thursday evening for a chat session from 6-7pm PT/9-10pm ET. The chat room opens about 15 minutes before the scheduled start time, so stop on in, even if it's just to say Hello! All things Subaru is the general theme, but anything automotive is fair game too. Come on in and get to know some of your fellow Town Hallies better! See you there...

Subaru Crew Chat Room

PF Flyer
    Host
    Me bad !!!!!! You are correct.
    Just checked the Gates site..........
  • trouthuntertrouthunter Member Posts: 1
    I just sold to a friend of mine, my 2001 F-150 SC with the 5.4L V8. The truck had 50,000 miles on it and is in excellent condition. I had gone to several dealerships to buy a new FX4 F-150 SC, but none of the Ford dealerships wanted to give me anywhere near what my trade was worth then my friend wanted to buy it so I sold it to him for $15,400.00. He called me today, right at 2 weeks since he bought it and the transmission is out.

I went back to the dealerships to buy the FX4, and at the Ford place I usually do business with, we were $800 off of a deal. So my wife and I went to get a drink and discuss things and drove by a Nissan dealership. We stopped and drove the Titan 4x4 SE that had it all but the DVD player and I really liked everything about the truck, but I was a Ford guy.

Anyway, the deal offered to me was $200 over invoice so they kept their hold back + $200 and I got the Nissan Titan.

I've been very happy with the truck, and while I've only owned it for a couple of weeks now, I haven't found anything that I haven't liked about it. I have a little "junk in my trunk" and would like a little more hip room, but other than that, it's all cool. It pulls my boat like it doesn't know it's behind me and I really like the clearance height of the truck, and the head room.

I'm going to pay for half of the cost of repair or replacement for the transmission in my Ford as I don't want to lose a friend over something like this, but a transmission should last longer than 50K miles, especially one that is well maintained as mine was.

My last truck was a Toyota extended cab 4x4 with the 4 cyl. It has 150k miles on it, never spent a dime on it other than regular maintenance and my son is driving it today.

I just don't have much faith in the big 3 auto makers here at home right now.

In any case all I can say is to drive them both and decide. But pity the man who buys a vehicle just because it has a certain name on it.

Buy the one you like the most.

TH
  • jcmdiejcmdie Member Posts: 594
    It's too bad that you have lost faith in american made trucks. Your Titan was designed in California and built in Mississippi.
  • 04f150l4x404f150l4x4 Member Posts: 33
    1. Titan:
    0-to-60-mph time of 7.7 second. Titan got off the line faster than every other truck in the test.

Response:
    Who cares, I did not buy a Truck to race. Always like to see reviews about racing a truck with a load. Ford has a higher Tow Rating, but what do you expect.

2. Titan:
    Nissan is right there in both areas while trumping the Ram and F-150 with cool features like a spray-in bedliner, doors that open 180 degrees (on the extended cab), available side airbags and excellent interior (and exterior) storage compartments.

Response:
    Ford Dealership offer the same choice or a bed liner as an incentive. No cost. Dodge and Ford interior is hands down better that the Titan. What are the reviews thinking. The Titan Exterior bed is small. I am talking about the 6.5 to 8 ft truck beds which Titan does not offer.

Personnal Note: If you want a good size Truck buy a Ford or Dodge. If the you need lots of cargo room e.i. a exterior compartment drawer on the side of the bed, buy a Van/SUV/TITAN. Believe me the Titan next to my truck looks like a little Tonka (Yuppie)Truck;please do not get your hands dirty manly man. And this is a fact.
  • obyoneobyone Member Posts: 7,841
    "Its 0-to-60-mph time of 7.7 seconds was a full half second ahead of the second-place Dodge, and when it was loaded down with a 6,000-pound trailer and three passengers, it extended its lead over the Ram to nearly three seconds (16.8 vs. 19.5).

When the Ford was saddled with a trailer and three passengers, it took 20.2 seconds to hit 60, nearly 3.5 seconds slower than the Titan (16.8). The F-150 also turned in the longest stopping distance from 60 mph at 145 feet, roughly 10 feet farther than either the Dodge or Nissan."

nuff said....
    first, before you start thinking that you made good points, i sell BOTH the fords and the nissans.

"Always like to see reviews about racing a truck with a load."

read obyone's post

"The Titan Exterior bed is small. I am talking about the 6.5 to 8 ft truck beds which Titan does not offer."

yes, the king cab's bed is actually 6'7", an inch longer than the supercab ford's bed. the ford's bed is DEEPER by 1", but that does me no good at 5'4". i would have to be over 6'4" to reach my hand to the bottom of the bed on the ford.

"Believe me the Titan next to my truck looks like a little Tonka (Yuppie)Truck"

right, dude...i park them next to each other all the time. the only things on the titan that are significantly smaller are the price tag and the split times.
  • mcscjtmcscjt Member Posts: 17
    Once again, Why are you comparing a F250 with the Titan? They are two different sizes.

Titan doesn't offer the 8ft bed because most people who buy picks up don't want an 8ft bed. It would cost Nissan more money to offer it, which would have to be passed on to the buyer. Maybe that's why the F150 costs so much more until the end of the year and they have 100 on the lot that they have to offer ridiculous rebates to get rid of.

How would you feel if you bought a F150 in January and they offered it for $8000 less in August?

By the way, your F250 looks small compared to a garbage truck.
    Gee ! My F150 don't hual nearly as big a load of crap as yours.

Reviews about racing a truck with a load? Ford has a higher tow rating? Slower 0-60 and slower stopping. Yeah, It'll tow 9800 but it's a good thing it won't do it fast or you might not be able to stop in time.

Bed liner as an incentive? I got $8700 but had to buy my own bed liner. I still could have gotten the Titan a little cheaper.

The Titan is a great first effort from Nissan. Unlike Toyota's...er...truck, it's a true full sized truck comparable to EVERY half ton truck on the market. Why didn't I buy one instead of my FX4 step-side ex-cab (yuppie truck)? 1. I didn't like the way it steers. 2. I hate the looks. 3. The interrior isn't as comfortable as the leather captians chairs in my Ford. 4 Too many squeaks and rattles

I'm not going to tow 9800 lbs and if I was I'd have kept my '01 GMC 2500 HD with great 0-60 time towing my 7700 lb boat.
    No I am not. I am referring to the F150 and I do not own a F250, manly man. Also, Ford has been building trucks for years. The media for some reason is rating a first year truck above the FORD, DODGE, GMC and CHEVY. The people who review vehicals are out of touch. When people drive around a see a Titan it ain't wow, but a look of pity on what type of person would spend their money on such a vehical (Looks like a Honda
    Element).
    Agree on the height requirement for the F150.

MY F150 LENGTH (5 inches longer compared to TITAN)
    Length (in.) 229.8

NISSAN TITAN LENGTH
    Length (in.) 224.2

MY F150 BED LENGTH

NISSAN TITAN BED LENGTH

I do not think it is an inch longer. Anyway FORD just installed a 6 inch lift and Borla Exhaust so 5'4" would not do you any good.

My view, the Titan is a too small of truck for myself. But I always supported FORD and the name (CHEVY, DODGE, GMC, ect). Never standdown on American values.
    yous funny...godd ol' American values!!! Where are many Ford's made? How about Dodge? The Titan is more American than any other full size half ton!!

"never stand down on American values???!!! Too bad all your big bad corporations could care less about America. They keep on outsourcing your jobs and importing all the parts so eventually all you patriotic people will be working at McD's, that great american success (fat) story. Ya, keeping on buying american!
    Noticed your flag. Enough said. America's is all about outsourcing to uneducated countries that need some money. I not hurting due to outsourcing, thats how I keep my R.O.I. I just want to say thanks manly man and stay in your box if you want to play with a Super Power. I am glad to you are a trusted employee of McD's.

Last note: The Topic is Titan vs F150.

"Don't get me wrong, your a great guy, your just not good enough for me"
    "You can look, you can wish all you want"
    thats enough people-bashing.

the titan was designed in california, and is built ONLY in mississippi. the ford is built in canada, mexico, virginia, and missouri.

so the only measurement you could come up with that the f150 is larger is the overall length?

i wouldnt brag about that. the approach and departure angles are lower because of that.

also, the ride height of the nissan 2wd is the same as the 4wd. with the ford, you have to ride like a car in the 2wd.
  • quadrunner501quadrunner501 Member Posts: 94
    The "Tundra isn't a full size truck" argument was something that could be legitimately stated because in every measure of every category, it was overmatched by a wide margin.

The Titan is about as big as the others in every measure within a fraction, at least. Even Toyota admitted this when they redressed the Tundra Double Cab, which is even bigger.

When we used to banter about Tundra not being full sized around here, it was because that was fact. And the Tundra owners knew it, but denied it anyway, making them look stupid.

That's changed. It's pointless, futile and moot to argue that now. And it makes a Ford owner look stupid to do the same.

It's also pointless to argue about what's American made, and what's not. Domestic content labeling has blurred the distinction, where it's not a matter of if, but how much foreign content?

The only salient point about domestic manufacturing comes down to union made versus non-union, and what your take on that is.

But my $0.02 as a domestic owner of Chevrolets, GM and Ford is that union scale is what hinders American made product quality and value. For Detroit to make a profit when they pay higher union wage scale, they have to cut corners and cheap-out on the quality.
    great point...

part of the issue there is the fact that a non-union worker has to actually work to keep their job. a union worker can slack off and not worry about it. what are you going to do...fire him? yeah...and guido and nick will bust your shins if you do.
    Henry Ford invented the moving production line upon which cars where assembled. That begot the heavy capital infrastructure that rooted factories to bedrock. So if a union says, "I strike," they have a lot of power within that system, because the factory cannot pull up stakes and leave.

The Japanese changed all that with smaller manufacturing cells, and automated robotic assembly. A factory built like that can pull up its roots and move to a location where the labor is more friendly and motivated.

Unions need the assmebly lines and massive infrastructure to retain their grip on power.

Unions were established to protect the safety and working conditions of the American worker, but those factors are now guaranteed already by labor laws and OSHA. They retain their power because the large US automakers still depend on an antiquated manufacturing infrastructure, due to their large scale. Notice how US automaker quality makes gains as market share slips, and you begin to understand the balance
  • mnmatchesmnmatches Member Posts: 111
    HAHAHAHALOL
    Typical answer - see the flag and make a comment that that expains it. oh well, some things never change.
  • dustykdustyk Member Posts: 2,926
    >>>Henry Ford invented the moving production line upon which cars where assembled.<<<

The sentence above is somewhat ambiguious. If stated to imply that Henry was the first major to utilize "assembly-line" manufacturing processes for making automobiles, then I believe that is correct. However, the first documented use of full assembly-line manufacturing was incorporated by the American firearms industry in the mid-19th century.

>>>...union scale is what hinders American made product quality and value...<<<

I could be incorrect, but isn't the Mississippi plant where the Titan is made a union shop?

Dusty
    I agree, enough people-bashing. I should have ignored manly man from up north. Sometimes the clueless must be educated.

Anyway, according to this topic FORD vs Titan. IMO with the other buyers who bought Ford believe thier truck is the right choice. This is a no win situation on trying to persuade us otherwise. So this topic is a dead horse.

Dream on if you think the ride height NISSAN 2WD is the same of the FORD 4WD. I was on the at the stoplight the other day looking down at the NISSAN 4WD.

Son, we live in a world that has mountain trails and those trails need to be driven by men with FORD F150&#146;s. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Mr. Nissan Titan, Manly man owner? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep when a Ford F150 is next to you and curse when your Nissan Titan gets called names; you have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know: that an owner of a Ford F150, while tragic, probably is a better truck and that my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, is a better truck. You don't want the truth because deep down in places you don't talk about at Nissan Titan yuppie parties you want me driving that F150, you need me on in that F150. We use words like what a sucker in that Nissan Truck, why did my wife make me buy that Nissan Truck, why am I disloyal American. We use then as the backbone of your life trying to run your manly man Nissan Titan off the road. You use them as a why I being a sucker. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom I provide in my Ford F150 and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you," and went on whimper way. Otherwise, I suggest that you trade that Titan and buy a Ford F150. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you are entitled to.
    "Son, we live in a world that has mountian trails and those trails need to be driven by men with FORD F150's"

I've never seen a full sized truck on the mountian trails I drive my '47 CJ2 on. I use my '04 F150 FX4 Ex-Cab to tow the Jeep but I'm aware that ALL other full sized trucks would get it there faster ! Ford is dead last in a race up the hill with a load.

Yuppie Truck ? My F150 with power moonroof and sliding rear window, 300 watt 7 speaker"Audiophile" sound system, leather captian's chairs, 18" machined aluminum wheels, step side short box and chorme side steps would only be less "manly" by some people's standards if it came with matching purse and shoes, but it gets my toys where they need to be.
  • mcscjtmcscjt Member Posts: 17
    "04f150l4x4" seems to think he is the only loyal American in the country.

Old man...I live in Norfolk, VA. Home of the U.S. Navy. Home of the Ford 150 plant. I spent many years fixing up our seamen at the U.S. Naval Medical Center here and now treat many of the workers at the Ford plant. So tell me how you provide a "blanket of freedom" by driving your F150 up moutain trails.

The Nissan dealer here is among the top 5 in sales in the country. I've been told that 3 out of 5 of their sales are to U.S. military families.

Plus, you already know that the Titan is built in MS. The 05 PF, Xterra, and Frontier are all being built in TN. Last time I checked, they were still States. Do you think the workers at those plants are disloyal because they are grateful to Nissan for giving them an opportunity?

By the way, "kg11" is right. The F150 can be just as luxurious as BMW.
    Dusty,
    I don't know if MISS is a union shop or not. The Titan I looked at had a domestic content label that said 60% USA including engine, 20% Japan including transmission. It went on to say that Nissan employs 12,000+ workers directly, and supports another 60,000 indirectly at dealerships.

My take on that reading, is it would have been simpler to say, "proudly built in USA by UAW workers," (if they could).

John Moses Browning had his firearms built in Belgium.

You dial 911...I dial M1911A1...(Lol)
    Right. You must have a 04 Titan and 04 FORD F150 based on your other discussion rooms. GMC and also a Tundra. This is the first room I see you owning 04 F150 FX4 Ex-Cab, then blasting its performace with 300HP. I never had a problem going the speed limit up hill with a load. You got issues.

Racing a load up a hill......Very smart dude.

"The chief business of the American people is business."
    There are many loyal Americans that drive (FORD,DODGE,CHEVY,GMC...), but I disagree with your numbers and some statements.

1. San Diego is the Home of the U.S. Navy.
    2. In San Diego you go military base either Marine and Navy, the majority number of vehicals are Trucks (FORDS, CHEVY , GMC and DODGE) Also military government trucks are FORD, CHEVY and DODGE 4X4. Military wives are driving FORD EXPLORERS, EXPEDITIONS, and EXCURSIONS.
    3. As one my Texan friends would say when a Toyota and Nissan Trucks would drive by "Now that ain't right" while he spits some chewing tobacco from his mouth.
    4. I didn't say the people in TN or MS are disloyal in building those cars. In fact they should export them back to Japan. Also, who in there right mind would drive an Xterra.

"Yesterday, December 7, 1941 - a date which will live in infamy - the United States of America was suddenly and deliberately attacked by naval and air forces of the Empire of Japan."
    As intersting as the geopolitical stuff might be, let's stick to the trucks. And PLEASE let's not let this fall into the trap of talking about each other instead of the vehicles.

Thanks for your cooperation and participation.

PF Flyer
    Host
    I traded my '01 GMC 2500 HD (Got 19200) three weeks ago as stated in earlier posts. The F150 now has 1100 mi on it. The reason I did'nt buy a Titan is I don't like the way it drives and hate the way it looks as stated earlier. I've never said there's anything wrong with them. I test drove a Tundra when they first came out and have always blasted thier "full sized" claims in these pages, but never thier quality or percieved patriotic value.

As for my new Ford's 300hp I gotta tell you, it's pathetic compared to the GMC 8.1's 340hp and 455 lb/ft of torque. The GMC pulled my ski boat up the 8% grade section of hwy 168 near Fresno at 65. 300hp is great compared to the privious 5.4's 265 but everybody else has AT LEAST 300 in lighter trucks. On the other hand it's more comfortable and gets 14 mpg /city compared to the GMC's 8 or less.

BTW "Racing a load up a hill..."? You brought up loaded performence but appearantly have nothing to offer on the subject other than how Un-American your neighbors are for buying a Cheaper truck that performs better. As I mentioned in the "Ford Lightning vs. Dodge SRT 10" topic,"If I was shopping for a performance vehicle it would have to be something that out accelerates and out manuvers my wife's Roush Mustang"

Yuppie Truck? 20 years ago I was a Yuppie. Now I'm a rich old white guy. Yuppies don't buy cheaper vehicles that perform better or there would be no Volvo. We buy style and comfort and yes, percieved image too.

A final note; I've been posting here for about 4 years and my opinions and claims of ownership have not changed for the 3+ years I owned the GMC. A few years ago there was a Tundra zealot or two and dozens of us domestic owners taking jabs at each other. Our host warned people repeatedly and shut down good relavent topics because people wouldn't quit making personal attacks. Only a few of us didn't get banned from these pages for our personal statements to this poor misguided soul that thought his Tundra was a truck. I'm wondering how long you'll be here if all you have to offer is insults of "traiter"to those who drive something different and accusations of "liar" to those who do own an F150 but don't get an erection every time they drive it.
This discussion has been closed.