Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Nissan Titan vs. Ford F150

Comments

• triattriat Posts: 121
    I have to say I agree with posters sometime ago who stated we will have a better idea of "best", and "most sought after" truck sometime down the road. In fact my contention is, considering the debate of Chev vs. Ford vs. Dodge has gone on for decades, now adding Nissan and Toyota to the mix likely will only cloud the issues more.

Speaking of desireability, I waited 7 weeks for a Titan,CC,SE,Util Bed Pkg to come in. At any moment I could have literally walked 3 blocks over to Ford & had my pick of some 30-40 F150's all with $4,000 discounts. It was worth the wait.

I don't know if you are old enough to remember, but Accord and Camry had some very humble beginnings,and with just a few dealers. If Ford & Chev use some of the loyalists' self rationalizations as on this thread, they're gonna get whooped again and on the last leg they have.
  • The Nissan guys were boasting how their truck would sell 100,000+ units this year.

How many was it that they managed in January again? LOL.

They've been rolling them out to dealerships for a while now. I'm sure sales will pickup somewhat, but not nearly as much as Nissan would hope.
  • I read in an article that they're highly/fully loaded versions of the new F-150. Lots of $$$ for Ford.
  • nvbankernvbanker Posts: 7,285
    I think the Titan is very good, a particularly good first effort, but two things bother me. One, is the noisy cab. The other, is long term dependability. Don't laugh, it's Japanese, but Nissan is not the class leader in reliability all the time. It rides on reputation sometimes.
  • I agree with post #470. I own a Nissan, and it has been a garage queen, nothing catastrophic, but for a while there it was a regular $600 trip to the shop every 2 or 3 months. Even though it has only left me stranded once (180,000 miles), I think Nissan's reputation rides on the coattails of Honda and Toyota. Another thing to consider if you are thinking about switching from domestic to import is dealership experience. I have had mostly negative dealership experiences with imports. The service at the local Nissan dealer however has been exceptional, in contrast to the last place I lived.
  • bowke28bowke28 Posts: 2,185
    actually, dealer inventories wont be up to set goals until mid-march.
  • I don't agree with Aggies that often but he is pretty close in post. I've had Ford and switched to Toyotas and Nissans because of "longevity" and reliability. Most domestics that I have dealt with and owned seem to have more problems around 80,000 to 100,000 mile mark..
  • http://nissannews.com/

Nissan sales up 25.7% over Last years January.

http://www.corporate-ir.net/ireye/ir_site.zhtml?ticker=F&scri- pt=414&layout=-6&item_id=491202

"Overall, U.S. customers purchased or leased 230,036 cars and trucks from Ford, Mercury, Lincoln, Jaguar, Volvo, and Land Rover dealers in January, down 5 percent compared with a year ago, primarily reflecting lower sales of passenger cars (down 14 percent). Truck sales essentially were equal to a year ago."
    25.7% of what base though? Probably a smaller number than the 5% drop of combined Ford sales.
  • The Titan has very good qualities, but I feel it's overpraised. It's drawing rave reviews simply becasue it's big, it's new, and it can acclerate more quickly than the competition. The F-150 might not be the quickest, but it's built with quality. It's a solid vehicle. The interior is gorgeous, and I would choose nothing else if I planned on doing work, with an engine developed for the purpose of putting out low-end torque. It's extremely quiet and smooth. Also, I think the F-150 would be a more family-friendly vehicle. But, for someone looking for something sporty that can do just as much work as the F-150, the Titan might not be a bad choice. And for all that criticism about the F-150's weight and slow acceleration, I'm sure we can expect a power increase in a year or two. When the 5.4 Triton came out in '97, it got an extra 25 horses and about 20 lb.-ft of torque in '99. Ford also said that a new auto transmission ( 5 sp. I believe) will be coming out soon since they didn't have the time or the money to make one ready by '04. That should definitely get more out of the Triton.
  • hansiennahansienna Posts: 2,312
    Reliability, good looks, wide choice of options, value for money spent.
         Just look at the center pages of February 16, 2004 issue of Newsweek magazine to refresh your memory on just how attractive the Ford F-150 is.
  • joehoejoehoe Posts: 37
    Competition can only benefit the consumer, right?
    That's the basic rule of commerce.
  • newsweek.....lol
  • Go pick any Dodge forum... we don't look for confirmations that we bought the right truck... we look for assistance, and to learn. We don't need a VS forum to get us able to sleep. We bought it, and we live with it.

Wow! I leave for a few days and guys go nuts!

I see the Aggie is still here and I'm able to accept that so what's the big deal?
  • Go pick any Dodge forum... we don't look for confirmations that we bought the right truck... we look for assistance, and to learn. We don't need a VS forum to get us able to sleep. We bought it, and we live with it.

Wow! I leave for a few days and guys go nuts!

I see the Aggie is still here and I'm able to accept that so what's the big deal?

Titan Rules!!
  • Just glad somebody is still out there. By the way, how's the hunting in your neck of the woods? The big woods that is. Are we supposed to drop the Dodge-Titan lingo? I don't care as long as we're all happy paying our bills anc free to drive what we all please. Let's just relax... You guy's were really going at it.
    Isn't there a hockey game on so one can relieve some stress watching a player beat the crap out of another or down here a race where the crowd watches cars go around in circles waiting for something to happen.
    Not much of substance has been posted in here for a while now. Ford bashing and heavy breathing over the fact that Japan finally put out a truck. I think all the real issues have been debated out.
  • Bringing back the real issues--according to the dealer lit the Titan requires premium fuel, which increases fuel costs roughly 10% here. Premium fuel is what took the Titan off my shopping list.
This discussion has been closed.