Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Nissan Titan vs. Ford F150

Comments

• keaneckeanec Posts: 349
    I am confused I guess.

"The issues presented NOW (as the quality issue that was mentioned by a few media outlets) is about the Titan, and that's where the general discussion was at and should have addressed by those who have cared to comment. But it's just comical how old ghosts are resurfaced to try to prove a point that's irrelevant to the issue at hand."

I was sure I had answered that and gave my $0.02. I was also sure that someone else had also moved the discussion to the Titan's sales. Which I was trying to answer within the context of Ford as this is a Nissan vs. Ford thread. Bringing up the F-150 sales to show the slaes of the Titan are okay makes sense to me and is in the context of this thread. Who says we have to "stick" to a topic brought up by one person anyway? This thread is about the Titan vs. the F-150. That makes Ford just as fair game as Nissan.

AS to this:

"It's the typical biased that's quite common. BMW has a recall (like the X5 which has 12+), "Oh it's quality control to improve their product, how nice of them" gets printed on the back pages, IF ANY. When Ford does it "Oh my god, the sky is falling, they are backrupt, the whole company is sinking, abandon ship!!!" 5 articles over the doom of the company gets printed on the front page. And that's what I have seen repeated on this topic."

That is a little paranoid in my humble opinion. although, Ford did have a very high number of recalls on a couple of different vehicles but that seems to have gone away.

Now on to the intent of the thread - F-150 vs. Titan.
  • kg11kg11 Posts: 530
    It's F150 by a landslide.

Mr. Ant: What can you tell me about the rummored 6.2 V8?
  • bowke28bowke28 Posts: 2,185
    what do you mean?
  • ANT14ANT14 Posts: 2,687
    "Mr. Ant: What can you tell me about the rummored 6.2 V8? "

The "Hurricane" 6.2L will be an optional engine to possibly replace the V-10 since it's power ratings will be similar to the new 3V 6.8L V-10. And will obviously follow with Variable Valve Timing, Drive by Wire, easy maintenence design, etc.

Currently supplier's are bidding for the job, and a few other things need to be finalized as well. The engine will be offered on the F-150 but will also be an optional engine on a few other vehicles as well. Notice how the Expy has a standard 5.4L 3V V8 for MY 2005... You could see it as a standard engine on Navi/Mark LT as well coupled with a 6 speed Auto. Transmission.
  • aspesisteveaspesisteve Posts: 833
    one feature I think is great in the new F150 super cab is the power roll down windows on the rear flip out doors. It gives the rear passengers the ability to see out and a faster way to let the heat out of the cab.

Other things I liked were the feel of the material (cloth seats) and the feel of the stearing wheel while driving. IMHO
    in the seats of the f150 is almost identical to that of the titan...just a different shape and color combination.
  • nvbankernvbanker Posts: 7,285
    Same vendor, possibly, bowke? Ant? Clearly, the specs are very close evidently.
  • freekyfx4freekyfx4 Posts: 1
    OK. I spent the better part of Friday test driving both the Nissan Titan LE and the Ford F-150 FX4. In my opinion, nether truck felt "anemic". The Nissan seemed to handle a little better, but the Nissan just felt "cheap" to me on the inside. In contrast, the Ford with its leather captains chairs that look to be straight out of a Volvo, are absolutely the nicest seats I have ever sat in. Today, I went back and bought the F-150. Granted, I paid a little more for the Ford, but I believe that the Ford is still a better value. Here's a couple of pics of what mine looks like inside and out...I will take some of my actual truck tomorrow.

http://info.detnews.com/dn/pix/2003/07/02/g04f150inside.jpg

http://info.detnews.com/dn/pix/2003/07/02/g01autosmain1.jpg
  • bfdtpktbfdtpkt Posts: 2
    JEEEEZZ!!
    I came to this forum to get a little info and do some research on the F-150 & Titan, but you guys only wanna bicker back and forth about personalities!

I'm trying to decide on which truck to buy...
    I guess I'll go elsewhere for info........

I do thank the few that have stuck to the topic, however, it's very helpful!
  • snhemi1snhemi1 Posts: 1
    the titan has a very cheap intier quality and radios. that is why f.m. does not recieve very well.they use thin plastic and the a pillar is ridiciously large and causes massive blindspots.i have no idea of the endurance of there endurance engines, however nissans have alot of recalls and just wait and see when they start rolling in the recalls.
  • I Bought a Toyota Tacoma V6 le extended cab in 95. I Thoroughly enjoyed the truck but due to my family growing, (a 3 year old and a 1 year old) I needed a bigger truck (crew cab). I have always loved the F-350s and bought a used 2003 duely lariat.

I had some problems with my wife’s van (2002 Dodge Grand Caravan) and she absolutely would not drive the duely while the van was in the shop, we ended up having to rent a vehicle, it was also a little to wide for the town I live in. So, as much as I hated to do it I started to look to get another truck. I initially wanted to just get a Ford F-series (non-duely) to replace it.

I went to the ford dealership and drove a 2004 f-150 lariat (fully loaded except for sunroof. I kept leaving the dealership for 3 days, while I drove the truck home every night. I worked out an awesome deal with the dealership. Due to my continuously leaving the dealership they had agreed to sell it to me for Kelly blue book invoice price. Plus the rebate, Plus 500 dollars off for military discount (and also another 1000 off for some dealership money they get from ford.) I actually don’t know where this last thousand was coming from. They said they had 52 vouchers to give to whom they wanted up to 4 vouchers per person. Each voucher was worth 250 dollars. Bowke28 probably knows what I am talking about.

Anyway, while I was working the deal with the Ford dealership I was looking at the competition.

I test-drove a loaded Tundra, a very nice truck in my opinion, especially the New CC. It is just kind of old looking in my opinion, and severely underpowered compared to the other full size trucks.

I drove the Dodge hemi, I really like the way they look and sound, but after driving the Tundra and the F-150, the suspension felt very stiff, the seats were uncomfortable and I really just didn’t have a good feeling about Dodge after all the problems I am having with my wife’s van.

I didn’t drive the Chevy. I don’t like the way they look.

So I was ready to sign with Ford when I read a couple comparisons on the Internet. This was the first I heard of the new Titan. I found a Nissan dealership and test drove the truck. They didn’t have any Le's, but I was still blown away by the power, looks, and sound of the truck. I let them know exactly what I was looking for and they had it the next day. I was torn between the two trucks.

I liked the way both trucks look. In my eyes it was a toss up as to which looks better. I thought the interior of the Ford was plusher. But the Nissan interior was also nice. I liked the way the Nissan handeled more than the Ford, though the ford was still a comfortable ride. With the deal the Ford place was giving me the prices actually came to be about the same. So it came down to engine performance and which truck I thought fit me better.

I bought the Nissan Le CC W/Big tow and off road package.

I am only loyal to myself not Toyota, Ford, Dodge, or Nissan. Seeing As I have owned all four brands in the last year. There were several other things that affected my decision but, I bought what I thought was the best truck. The Ford does have more options to chose from (which is why I believe they one truck of the year) but the Titan had what I was looking for so there was no deal buster there. It was almost too close to call. Both trucks are beautiful and I believe both are heads and shoulders above everyone else right now. It was so close that I might have chosen the Ford if it had been a Monday instead of a Friday. Know what I mean.

If you are looking for a Good truck. Either truck will do. Definatly drive both trucks. Dont just listen to what the dealerships or Magazines or us guys on the internet are saying is the best truck. Drive them both and you will come to that decision yourself.

Good luck to all...I love trucks!
    great post, but i have no idea what the "vouchers" are...probably a dealership thing that they "told you" was from ford.
  • nvbankernvbanker Posts: 7,285
    I think Fishnalaska's story makes one pretty good point by illustration - the race is probably between Ford & Nissan now - and the others should be more worried. Aside from the loyal following they may have, GM trucks are now very dated, Toyota needs an engine to compete and Dodge, still suffers a bit from inferior interior illness.
  • PFFlyer@EdmundsPFFlyer@Edmunds Pennsylvania Furnace, PAPosts: 5,808
    Be sure to check out our Town Hall chat lineup for Tuesdays... First up, talk the latest in new automotive technology during the Hybrid Vehicles Chat from 12-1-6pmPT/3-4pm ET
    NOTE: This is a NEW time slot for this week!

Hybrid Vehicles Chat Room

Immediately following at 6-7pm PT/9-10pm ET, we keep the chat party going with the Mazda Mania chat.

Mazda Mania Chat Room

The Town Hall chats are a great place to take these message board topics LIVE. Hope to see you there this week!

PF Flyer
    Host
    Pickups & News & Views Message Boards

PFFlyer@Edmunds

Moderator - Hatchbacks & Hybrid Vehicles

when I bought my Ford, it was crazy how the discounts added up. $2,500 factory cash back + $1,000 was from FMCC - I financed as little as possible and then paid off the loan in one month. Then there was $500 was for owning my own business and of course the dealer discount.
    I had to fight hard for the last $500 because I'm not a "licensed contrator" - I instead just registerred my business at city hall - which cost me $100.

With the exception of the FMCC cash back and the factory rebate, no one advertises the rest in their fine print. The lack of disclosure was not exactly truthful in my opionion. It was giving the dealer a way to wiggle out of what they offered in print. Had I not got what was advertised I would of walked or threatened to sue.
    they dont have to...

they dont have to explain how they get to an advertised number, outside of standard factory rebates.

why do you care how they got to the #?
    bowke,
    I don't care how they get to the number as long as they get the number that they advertise.

In my case they advertised $7,500 off MSRP with the fine print saying $2,500 was factory cash back, $1,000 FMCC cash back and the remainder dealer discount. There was no mentioning that $500 was for being a contractor. They told me that if I couldn't show them a business license that I would have to give them back $500. Truth in advertising, in my opinion, says they should have spelled it out. They didn't even mention anything about it over the phone - only near the end of the paper work.

I scrambled and got a business license, but would of screemed foul if I hadn't obtained one.

kapisch?
  • andmoonandmoon Posts: 320
    I have owned both Ford and Nissan and favor neither. I do look at cost of maintenance for work that I do not perform myself like timing belt/chains. Do any of you Titan/f150 experts know the belt type and maintenance intervals for these trucks? Are there any maintenance items that may be easy to do but are required frequently? ( I hate crawling under a truck with a grease gun to look for mutliple zerk nipples!)

I think the subjective decisions of which drives better, which brand is better, which looks/feels better, should be left to each individual and their decisions respected.

Thanks,
    Don
    the timing belt on the '04 F150 is supposed to be replaced at around 90k miles. Up to that point it's just fluid changes - Jiffy Lube stuff.
  • keaneckeanec Posts: 349
    I was glad that the Titan has a timing chain rather than a belt like the F-150. If you don't change that belt and it goes....watch out!
This discussion has been closed.