Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lexus RX 330 Maintenance and Repair

Comments

• borg1of2borg1of2 Posts: 73
    Has anyone found out if Lexus will do a retro upgrade to a 2004 330 to add bluetooth, which is available in the 2005 330?

Or

Has anyone found an aftermarket Bluetooth that integrates with the Nav that could be added to a 330?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
  • Do I lose my warranty if I have my 30,000 mile maintenance done by a non-Lexus service station? Also, how do I find out what exactly is supposed to be done at 30,000?
  • cpa1cpa1 Posts: 1
    Sorry to hear that (no pun intended)....I have been complaining of that for a year and a half.
    Only response is that it's normal for the vehicle and a result of the 'special' suspension. I understand how annoying it is, sounds like your vehicle is coming apart.
  • maxhonda99maxhonda99 Posts: 1,289
    No, you do not lose your warranty if you service it outside a Lexus dealer.
    To know what to get done at a 30K service interval, check your owner's manual.

The big things though that I know you will have to get done are:
    oil change
    air filter
    cabin air filter
    coolant fluid flush
    transmission fluid change
    differential fluid change(s)
    tire rotation
  • doug889doug889 Posts: 60
    My wife's 2004 RX330 has Michelin 18" tires. It IS noisier than her old 2000 RX 300 and my 2005 Sienna. A lot of rumbling road noise. Believe me, I could tell the difference. :(
    I am going to take my RX330 to the dealer to see if they can fix the noise problem. If not, I think I will write directly to Toyota's headquarters in Japan:

Mr. Fujio Cho
    Pres.
    Toyota Motor Corp
    1 Toyota-cho
    Toyota City, 471-8571
    Japan.

A Lexus doesn't have to be perfect but it HAS to be quiet. That's what Lexus is all about! Very dissappointed.
  • smartgazzsmartgazz Posts: 6
    Finally the Lexus dealer figured the problem out. It is just the Hatch setting that kind of loose so they just tight it up and now the problem is gone.
  • spring2spring2 Posts: 4
    Can I join you when you write to Toyota?

Last time Toyota sent a district manager to test drive with me and just gave me the bs of nothing was wrong. Good luck.
  • babysnowbabysnow Posts: 48
    haven't been back in this forum for a while so not quite up to speed but i was wondering if you guys have had the rubber seals around the windows tsib performed? i have a 04rx and i also had wind noise problems when i first bought the car. when i bought the car in and complained but the service guy told me it was normal. later, while playing around with the windows, i found that by tapping the windows down a minute amount the car became A LOT quieter so i took it back and insisted that the tsib i was told i didn't need be performed. now the car's a lot quieter although still not as quiet as my husband's audi A4. hope this helps
    "haven't been back in this forum for a while so not quite up to speed but i was wondering if you guys have had the rubber seals around the windows tsib performed? i have a 04rx and i also had wind noise problems when i first bought the car. when i bought the car in and complained but the service guy told me it was normal. later, while playing around with the windows, i found that by tapping the windows down a minute amount the car became A LOT quieter so i took it back and insisted that the tsib i was told i didn't need be performed. now the car's a lot quieter although still not as quiet as my husband's audi A4. hope this helps"

Will try. I will take it to the dealer first to see if they can fix it. Thanks.
  • spring2spring2 Posts: 4
    I tried. It helps a little on the passenger side. But overall the effect is minimal.
  • rjnrjn Posts: 8
    Are high intensity headlights worth the cost. If so, where have you noticed performance differences? Thanks.
  • wwestwwest Posts: 10,706
    and, yes, especially as you grow older, say 55 or more.
    i love how much brighter the high intensity headlights are. to give you an idea of how much brighter, i recently drove my brother-in-law's old car following my husband home. his high intensity headlights cast a circle so bright that i could not see my own headlights. the abrupt ending of the high intensity headlights take some adjusting to though.
  • acsacs Posts: 1
    I also had problems synchronizing with the Genie GXL9500, which has 12 dip switches instead of a "learning button", as I was using a universal remote. When I used the Genie remote it worked!. This was suggested by HomeLink 800-355-3515.
  • silverntsilvernt Posts: 4
    Anyone else experienced any problems with squeaky drivers seat? I took 05RX330 (16K miles) in for warped rotors and squeaky seat. Service couldn't duplicate the problem even though I mentioned it was worse when going around turns. Another trip to service center with me driving and service heard the problem. Now I am told they have to replace the seat and the seat is on back order. I did a search here and only found one post that seemed related to thisissue.

Also, read that warped rotors were with 04 330, didn't know this was an issue with 05. Dealer has replaced rotors and brakes.
  • iquiqu Posts: 4
    Okay, I've spent the last two days reading the postings on problems and solutions AFTER buying a RX330 w/ NAV, HIDs, for 41K. Was it a BIG MISTAKE???
  • silverntsilvernt Posts: 4
    IQU
    I previously had an 02 RX300 that had a leaking main seal and other problems and decided to get something new before something really bad happened. (it was out of warranty). When I did all my research, I concluded that the 05 RX330, even with its alleged "flaws", was still the best choice for me. I thought I could find something "better" but they all have problems. When I bought the 05, I consulted this forum so I knew what I could potentially encounter. I have never had many of the issues listed here. I love my RX330 and would not trade it for anything. The squeaky seat was something that I was not expecting, therefore the reason for my post. Enjoy your new ride!
  • fun6889fun6889 Posts: 27
    I am looking to get a new SUV and it is between RX330 and MDX. I like the look and feel for the RX330, but for $3000+ more on RX330 and all the problems it seems to be, is it still worth the chance? Someone out there plz give me your view!

Anyone have good things to say about the RX that I should go for the RX? Many thanks in advance!!
    Silvernt,

Thanks for your words of encouragement. You're right, all cars have their problems. I really thought I had made the right decision. However, after reading some of the problems posted on Edmunds I had some second thoughts. I'll sleep better tonight. Thanks again.

IQU

P.S. We take delivery in two weeks
    i have a 04rx that i love. the only problem i've ever had with it was the wind noise problem that was resolved. the only other car i would consider trading in for would be the hybrid rx (which is almost my definition of a perfect car. the only thing lacking is the 04rx's air suspension system). i have not read the mdx forums but i've had two acquaintances (one who owned a honda, the other an acura) who both had their pistons break down shortly after 3yrs. i crossed out the acura tl off my husband's potential new car list after learning that. maybe it was coincidence but i thought with something as serious as a car better not to take a chance. hope this helps. btw, when i was car shopping, i also considered the mdx. i decided against it because i didn't need something that seated 7 and i didn't like the interior design.
  • fun6889fun6889 Posts: 27
    Thanks for your input. I personaly like RX330 better (the look and the finish). But with all the posting I saw. My heart drops. Spending 40k on a car, yes it is not like I will go broke on it, but it is still pretty serious $$ spending on the car. And most likely I won't be looking for a new one soon after this. And I do put a lot of miles on the car, so I am looking for somehting I can keep for a long while, and I won't hite myself on it for the next 5 / 6 years. Anyone else has suggestion or Golden Advice for me? or am I worrying too much about the RX troubles/problems?
  • briegelbriegel Posts: 139
    I have a 2005 RX 330, after having a 2002 RX 300 and a 1999 RX 300...great cars! You are worrying too much about possible problems!
    like another poster mentioned somewhere earlier in this forum, all cars have possible problems. i was also worried about buying an rx after reading this forum. however, after reading other problem forums, i decided the rx problems were of a less serious nature than all the other suvs i was considering. i think you will find yourself happy with the rx. i know i love mine.
  • aaatttaaattt Posts: 22
    Yes! I post that "all cars have possible problems"
    Like u said "(one who owned a honda, the other an acura) who both had their pistons break down shortly after 3yrs.

The piston break down is VERY VERY VERY serious problem!

I still waiting my RX330
    what special features did u order that you are still waiting for the rx?
    Color and options: Navy w/ ivory interion, NAV, Prem+.
  • ctk1ctk1 Posts: 79
    Does any one has problem with the headlight water condense ? My car
    (2004/rx330) just start having condense inside the driver's side headlight while driving under the rain. My close-up visual inspection the headlight, there is no crack or stone chip on the headlight. Already contact dealer about this problem. This model year seem to have more problem than the rx300, The tranmission, the daskboard rattle and now the water condense headlight.
  • You know, I read all these nitpicking complaints about the best cars every made, regardless of price...we have an 05 RX330 and it is a wonderful car in every respect..at about $41 k with great equipment, you cannot go wrong. of the milllions of cars sold, you read a couple of disgruntled owners on this forum and right away you believe it ...I say dont believe it..it is a great car..you will enjoy it...we have owned 5 Lexus's..since 93..the last two 6 years each, neither one of them ever had a repair..you just cant beat it...I also own an 02 SC430 at the present time, and had a couple of problems with it which have been fixed..it is a great great car..plan on getting another one...I have owned them all in the past, Rolls..a couple times...lots of Mercedes (for 20 years)..I am 80 am a former car dealer for 32 years and know what I am talking about....dont listen to the naysayers who knock Lexus...it aint true!! IRV
  • tcheungtcheung Posts: 6
    The sound system on the 05 RX330 I recently purchased lacks base and sounds flat when compared to my 02 ES or the 00 RX300 I previously own. Dealer said this is "normal". Anyone else out there experience the same?