Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2001 Dodge Ram

Comments

• Today DC told me it was built on Monday and Tuesday! They don't know where it is, though. Their elaborate tracking system isn't too up to date, I'm afraid. It's either on it's way or waiting for a ride.
    Mike, I wonder if ours are on a truck together right now. I get the feeling it's on it's way. My dealer said about 3 weeks ago that he thought I'd be driving it by the 20th. He seems to be pretty accurate so far. This morning (before I talked to DC) he didn't say anything about knowing that it was built. He probably hadn't checked at that point. I sometimes wonder if he knows more than he lets on to keep me from getting too anxious. I don't bug him much anyway (except with that 3.54 LSD thing!).
    Rich, I wondered about that same thing of getting the dealer number for Cassens without calling the dealer. You must like to avoid bugging your dealer as much as me. Although, for $32K+ we're entitled to bug them as much as we want! I bet your truck is built already too, the system just doesn't show it yet. Mike, you, and I seem to be living the same lives right now, although you certainly win the prize for suffering the longest!
    Cody: Your dealer can give you the VIN. Congrats on a record fast build.
  • wwhite2wwhite2 Posts: 535
    IS the ETH a myth ?? Anyone have one parked in their driveway ??
  • I ordered a (now) 2001 2500 Ram reg. cab, 4wd, 5 speed, V-10 with some goodies on Dec. 17, 1999. To date its in a BGL restricted status for who knows why. Dealer says he cannot get a straight answer, I can't get an answer from Dodge, so I wrote a letter to Detroit asking if they can give me a straight response as to what is the problem. I wrote them to say if they don't want to build the truck, I'll just buy a truck from Ford.
    Detroit says I have to get my info from the Dealer. I believe the dealer doesn't know, since I can wait, I just want to know when. Anybody out there try to write to Detroit to see if executive management approves of the "I don't know" answers?
    Thanks, Tiger
  • I was at the Dealer Monday night to have my trade appraised and my salesman told me to expect my truck later next week.(ship date of the 9th). He only heard of a restriction on the diesel and limited slip diff. I hope hes right because I'm closing on my loan for the truck on Sat.....
    As soon as its in I will let you all know....He did explain a little about the allocation problem some dealers experience. Its always better to order a truck from a dealer which moves alot of similiar trucks you ordered... If you want a diesel order from a dealer which sells alot of diesels. My dealer is a big truck seller so I'm hoping thats why everything is on schedule....Or boy am I in for a big surprise............................
  • I am a newbie, but I just got the word that my truck(2001,2500,QC,4x4,Cummins,6 spd,all but leather and snowplow,Garnett) ordered 1/18, is d1 status, and will be out of the factory 2/9/00. Hot damn!! Have no idea when delivery will be (Ft. Worth,TX), but I am READY!
  • RichinKsRichinKs Posts: 416
    Called the Dodge 800 number this morning and they were going to do some checking and get back. Ordered 9/14/99. 5:25 and still no call. Truck is 2500 SLT+ Quad 4x4 V10 Auto 4.10 and a few other things. Dealer is Don Schmit Dodge of Wichita Ks who had no allocation and did not tell me (I should have asked but I thought Chevy dealer were the only ones with allocation problems.) About 12/1 I found out from the 800 number the truck had no allocation. After that the dealer called the regional sales office and got me a special allocation. This took another 2 weeks. Then a hold for lack of paint (pearl forest green). We tried to change but no luck. Then a short hold for 4x4. Then the plant shut down for the holidays. Now for the last three weeks I am told its on hold because of the engine but no one can tell me why the engine is on hold.
  • The Cummins site has added the following
    paragraph:

"The H.O. Turbo Diesel churns out 505 lb-ft of
    torque, for a gross towing capacity in excess of 7
    1/2 tons (15,150 lb to be exact). That's more than
    Ford with a PowerStroke or Chevy/GMC Silverado."

For a glimps at the 2002 Ram:

http://www.pickuptruck.com/html/future/dodge/02ram.html

-ddd
  • wiz1wiz1 Posts: 18
    Pick up my new 2001 4x4 6 speed tomorrow. It was ordered 12/20 and arrived at the dealer 2/9. It's INTENSE blue, with agate interior. If I can pry myself out of it next week, I may post more info.
  • wwhite2wwhite2 Posts: 535
    What was the mrsp on your truck ?
  • nascar6nascar6 Posts: 113
    A low, low price of.............$39,475.
    Priced with all options in the previous post.

nascar6
  • nascar6nascar6 Posts: 113
    So how do you like owning Rich's truck? :) sorry Rich. Congrats on your new ride. I'm sure Dodge engineers and marketing staffers just love their digital overhead console referred to as the "travel gadget". That's great!

nascar6
    -busy this Sunday. Go #6!
  • wiz1wiz1 Posts: 18
    Well I don;t have the full breakdown in front of me, but I ll get ya real close:

TRUCK 2001 2500 Regular Cab, SLT 4x4, DEE, ETH, Trailer tow mirrors, power seat, trailer tow pack, camper special pack, snow plow prep pack, cab clearance lights, on/off road tires ( M&S), 4:10, anti-spin,sliding rear window, dest charge $650.

Sticker was 33k + , got the truck out the door for $31,640, which included a 5.5% Ohio sales tax.
    Dealer claimed it was $200 over invoice, and I also used the Farm Bureau to bring that figure down to $31,140. I'm a shopper, and didn't find anyone to beat that price in my area. One dealer was close, but this is the 3rd truck I've purchased from the dealership. I picked it up last Saturday, and it's great!. The only thing Dodge should do different is to make the new GPD trailer tow mirrors power, and heated. Suprised they didn't. I had the window sticker laminated, so if you need the EXACT figures, let me know, but everythings real close....
  • markcordmarkcord Posts: 113
    I needed bars on my V10 4x4 also. I can highly recommend the Smittybilt SureSteps in stainless steel. They have the non-slip step inserts, mount without drilling in about an hour, and look great.
    Congrats on your new truck.
    I think it's time for me to work on plans "B" and "C". "C" involves theft. Since yours is the only recent V10 on the board you better hope "B" works(G). Hope your enjoying your(my) truck. ... Rich
    Got a vin number and in "D" status! Yea! Supposed to have a build date by middle of next week. Am I dreaming? Guess I'll put plans "B" and "C" on hold. ... Rich
  • Well, my truck is sitting in mexico waiting for a train. Does anyone know what rail road DC uses to ship from mexico to N.J. I would like to trace it
    Thanks Mike
  • Buy the way it's a 2001 3500 std cab 4X4 cummins deisel, slt, auto, trailer, tow, sliding rear window, anti slip Diff, remote keyless entry, am/fm stereo with CD, on/off road tires under coated and rust proofing . Ordered it 12/28/99 out the door $30,880 plus sales tax
  • Union Pacific brought my truck to Jacksonville Fl, then a semi brought it to the south.
    myuprr.com is the address if you have the VIN.
    It took them 24 days to send it from Mexico to the dealer. Will pick it up Monday and will let you know what I find, can't wait!
  • Mike use the following address with out the WWW
    my.uprr.com/pub/pet
    then put your vin in the box provided and thats it.
    If it doesn't find the truck then, call the DC number that gives the updates on production and they should have a rail car number that you can put in, in place of the vin.
    Good luck.
  • I have good news and bad news the good news is deisel went down $1.79 from $2.20 two weeks ago in N.J. the bad news is that the gas prices are going up, just in time for the summer. we should raise the food prices so they can eat sand and drink oil
    By the way does any body know were I can see a 3500 with a standard cab. Or am I the only one in the country with one? (soon) except for tow trucks. I've been all over the net and can't find a pic of a standard cab duelly. Didn't want an extended cab because it's only me and my wife and I need an eight foot bed for my slide in and the extended with 8ft makes it hard in them 7-11's I know they must be great but never had one won't miss it.
  • Shane thanks for that sight it's great once it gets out of the parking lot
  • for trailer(11,000lbs) towing Ram 2500 diesel 4-sp automatic, which is better 3.54 or 4.10?
    I got a "D" status on my V10 last Friday. There was a three week period where no V10's were built do to some V10 shortage or whatever. I think Comptime must of had one of the last ones built before the halt. I'm told by the Dodge 800 number to expect a build date midweek. I also got my vin number last Friday. You got your gargage cleaned out? I got my door raised last Fall for this truck. Got inches to spare. My old doorway was arched and was to short on the edges. Anyhow I'm thinking your letter must have just conincided with the availability of engines. ... Rich
  • I took my V10 on a road trip yesterday down to Plain City Ohio (Skiff Craft Plant) From Westland Michigan. 355 miles using 28.5 gallons of gas. $42.50 ouch!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That averaged to 12.4 miles per gallon. I set the cruise at 70 on the highway but on the rural roads backed it down to 62 ( Ohio smokeys don't take kindly to Michigan speedeers i'm told) The truck road great. I can't wait until April to see how it tows the boat. Rich I only hope you are as happy with yours as I am with mine.
    Friday when I was given the vin and told it was in "D" status I decided to call again Wed(tomorrow) and see if a date is set like I was told Friday. 23 weeks today. Your getting about the mileage I expect. We have already started driving my wifes Camero (89 w 42,000 miles) more. It gets 27+ compared to my Chevy Z71 I have now that gets 15. But this new Dodge should pull my fifth wheel a little better. ... Rich
    this morning. My trucks vin number shows the North St. Louis plant. When I asked customer service where it would be built he first said the north plant and then changed and said "no, it will be built in the south plant". I beleive that is the Fenton Plant. Also the 2000 is changed to 2001 as I suspected. ... Rich
  • I hope that Corp file number they gave me is for real. If I find out tomorrow that I no longer have a D status for my Reg cab V-10, I'll just have to write to somebody up the Corp ladder. Our TV commercials are loaded with Dodge ads, it makes no sense if they don't want to build them.

One reason I selected the 4x4 reg cab was that I wanted the 8 ft bed and still get the Ram into my garage. I ordered the camper springs with out the Dodge hitch because my boat trailer rig weighs 6300# and has surge brakes. Reese sells a 7500# load carrying hitch (note that I can't use a distributive load hitch because of the surge break mechanism.)

Well, lets see what happens next.
  • Ordered quad cab blue (yea me too)but in off road package.tow ,power, auto,ect. dealer said 2 weeks ha! we will see.one left.anyone run this baby yet? 1500. tricks? will pull 6000# boat and run mud puddels,sand dunes. mostly drive to work to pay for it at the rocket ranch.
  • Well mine was shiped out 2/19 and should be at the dealers next week I ordered it on 12/28, but the order didn't go in till 1/3. It will be 8 weeks just about to the day. What I don't understand with these long delayed trucks, is that there are loads of 2001's at the dealerships right now. I would never have the patients to wait as long as some of you. If I had the money or loan OKed there are alot of dealers out there.
    MIKE 2001 3500 STD cab 4X4 slt ETC. ETC. ETC. etc.
    Tmiguel, who did you write and what was the address. I have looked all over the net with no luck. Seems Dodge keeps their mailing addresses close to the vest.
    miked555, if I'd known it would be this long I would have visited another dealer long ago. But after awhile I realized my truck has near 5000 miles more on it and older that when I struck this deal, it would cost me money to switch dealers with no assurrance I would get my truck any sooner. I don't think my truck is special but maybe its a combination of the features I ordered.
    2500 Quad cab SLT Plus 4x4 SWB, auto, air dam, anti-spin, 4.10, camper special, clearance lamps, trailer towing, heavy duty transfer case, V10, rear sliding window, Forest Green Pearl Coat.
This discussion has been closed.