Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Honda S2000 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Share your S2000 purchase experience here.

Karen-Edmunds Community Manager

Comments

• I saw this from another forum:

"here's a pretty good deal on a new 2004 Honda S2000 for $30,995 that I came across:

http://marketplace.s2ki.com/docs/2004S2000/index.php

Unfortunately, it's only at a dealer in North Olmsted, OH. However, if you live elsewhere, print this out and use it as negotiating leverage!"
  • sphinx99sphinx99 Posts: 776
    Just a couple of weeks ago, $2k below sticker. This was from a dealer I've bought both a Prelude and a S2000 from before, and I know the saleswoman, so it basically went,

Me: "How about $2k below sticker?"
    Her: "Sure."

Suzuka Blue '04.
  • I got 1k off sticker and paid $32,300 for my silverstone metallic 2004 S2000 at Curry Honda in far northern Westchester County, NY in mid November. I had car fever in extremis, and didn't haggle very hard. A tougher persona probably could beat them down a bit more now that the winter snows have begun.

Also, I was disappointed to find that neither my saleman or the "business" closer seemed to know jack-merde about the XM radio option. Mucho misinformation was all I got from these guys.
  • habitat1habitat1 Posts: 4,282
    You can pick up a new 2004 S2000 in the DC area for about $700-$1,000 over invoice. That's according to the dealer that I bought my 2002 from. And they are only discounting Pilots by $800 under MSRP.
    Ditto here... S2000 prices have fallen through the floor.
  • I just bought a 2004 S2000 here in Massachusetts for $29,400 Formula Red.
  • huronhuron Posts: 5
    Ordered Silverstone red/black '04, for $30,295 in SE MI, today.
  • Anyone care to share how much they paid for a 2004 S2000 in Northern California?
  • rumc3rumc3 Posts: 31
    Hey RGB...I'm also in Mass, and just stopped into a dealer the other day that had a NEW 03 and a NEW 02 in the showroom! 04 wasn't in yet. I don't know, maybe they're not selling as well around here?

I've been thinking I'd shoot for a price under 30K on an 04, and am glad to hear about your experience. Was that a delivered price and was it in the Boston area?
  • FYI, Carsdirect is listing 'em for $30,500 for the Boston area.
  • sab523sab523 Posts: 1
    purchased Suzuka Blue 2004 S2000 (1st '04 at dealership), on 10/30/03, for $34.5 K (before trade-in), including factory hardtop.
    That's an excellent price! How is the hardtop?
  • I'd buy one...as soon as I can fit 2 sets of [golf] clubs somewhere...
  • zeniaczeniac Posts: 1
    I requested quotes from a number of dealers in Houston, San Antonio, Corpus Christi and the Rio Grande Valley. My best price accepted was $31,742 including the headrest speakers installed. I could have done better by dealing with a dealer in the north, however it would be offset by the cost to deliver the car home. Overall I am really happy with my purchase decision and look forward to driving every it every chance I get.

Oh, by the way, there is much more room in the trunk than with the 350Z, I can get 2 sets of golf clubs in the trunk if I use my smaller bags and leave the pull carts at home!
  • homer1homer1 Posts: 4
    ... was my deal in Cleveland, TN (near Chattanooga). This was a little better deal than what I was offered in Chattanooga and Dalton GA and a considerably better one than what the Woodstock GA (northern ATL suburb) dealer would do. Could have bought a Sebring Silver w/the red & black interior @ Lanier in Buford GA for invoice ($29,995) with all fees included! But the Silverstone on all-black was far-and-away my first choice, so I was willing to spend the extra $'s so I wouldn't regret my decision later. If anyone's looking for a light silver on red/black (46 miles on the ODO) in Atlanta, that appears to be one heck of a deal. Good luck to all...
  • ginotginot Posts: 6
    Bought our Suzuka Blue from Ralph Schomp at $30,600 out the door. They tossed in a 7yr/100K extended warranty gratis if we let them service the car after factory warranty runs out. Probably not; dealer service is too spendy.

They had one '03 left at $28,700 and four '04s, all at $30,600. The buy was quick, simple, hassle-free with none of the "I have to talk with the finance guy" BS, or other car store horror stories.

In fact, the dealership did everything possible to please us after my wife couldn't make up her mind re: body color/interior combos. They brought other vehicles in from other dealers and their storage warehouse (two of these had to be prepped for comparos).

The one issue that occured concerned the car itself. We (she) decided on Suzuka Blue, a color in extremely short supply in Colorado--one car--in Ft. Collins. The lot boy put a foot-long shallow crease in the right side rocker panel taking it off the showroom floor and didn't tell the Schomp rep who picked it up after sundown on Friday.

We were out of town and went to pick the car up when we landed at DIA on Saturday. When we arrived at the dealership 10 minutes before closing--our sales guy showed us the damage, apologed profusely and said they had an excellent body shop. I knew they had, but I turned the car down.

It was nearly closing, but the sales manager started calling out of state and got a dealer in Cheyenne, Wyoming. He had an S2K on the showroom floor--the only one he had and the only Blue one in Wyoming. Monday morning, a Schomp rep drove one of their 2Ks to Cheyenne in a dealer trade and brought ours back. It was unmarked and perfect.

It's been two weeks and we've put less than 100 miles on the car. It rained for a week and my wife was going nuts to get out and drive "Tsunami." The weather has cleared and we're quickly forgetting Giulia.

We'd been driving a super-clean, '63 Alfa Spider show car that I bought new and raced in club events, modified to the hilt with a 2.0L, racing suspension, Plus 2 wheel/tire package, magnificent body work and paint, custom leather interior, etc., etc., but it remained a 60s classic with all that connotation entails. A fellow Alfisti offered $12K for it. Giulia's gone and Tsunami has taken her place in the garage.

I've owned, driven and raced a variety of excellent machinery, some costing well over the Honda's price tag. I will say, however, the S2K is simply incredible for the money. In fact, let's just say it's incredible. Period.

We couldn't be more pleased with our choice...
  • radiateradiate Posts: 8
    i bought a suzuka blue 04 S2000 today. i got it for 30,850 which seems to be a reasonable discount given the time of year and demand for that particular color. my thanks to all of the previous posters here. it helps one assess whether you're getting a fair deal or not.
    I love the car. perhaps the most fun i've had driving a car, ever.
  • rob1unorob1uno Posts: 1
    I went to look at an S2000 at West Side Honda in Knoxville, TN today and I was asking how much, can I test drive, etc. The sales man told me they could come down only about $200 off the $35K list price. Then he said they would only let me test drive after I had agreed on a price! ha ha! He said they did this because the car was "so rare" claiming only 5000 models in the USA per year model. Are these people full of crap or what? Needless to say, I walked out.
  • isellhondasisellhondas Issaquah WashingtonPosts: 17,355
    S-2000's attract joyriders and any smart dealership will do their best to determine the seriousness of a shopper.

The majority of the people who want to drive these aren't serious buyers and the dealers know it. It can be a tough call sometimes.

Also, the people who buy cars like an S-2000 are sensitive to the number of miles. They don't want one an abusive joyrider has beat up.
  • smiley4smiley4 Posts: 2
    After looking, test driving, researching various convertibles - the Mazda Miata, Honda S2000, BMW Z4, Toyota MR2, and the Nissan 350, I've finally made the choice of the S2000!!! I'm pretty excited and it was by far the best in looks, and to a woman, what else matters:+)!! Oh, yeah, and my husband mentioned something about "RPMs" and "red lining" and "speeding tickets" when I hit 6th gear cruisin' down I-95 with the top down and the music turned up so I could get a feel for the system. Anyways, I need to find out, when would be the best timeframe to purchase a 2004: In the fall once the 2005s come out?? Or should I just get a brand new 2005 when they come out. I believe there will be minimal change from the 2004 to the 2005, however, the resale value on a 2005 will probably be better. Also, the only thing it's lacking is foglights on the 2004 - any suggestions on possibly having them installed?? And they're for looks of course, because there's not much fog where I live!