Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Honda S2000 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• A glass rear window is a big difference.. You might see a bigger spread than you would think between '01 and '02 models because of this..

But, there are plenty of low mileage S2000 around.. Take your time and find the one you want... Like many roadsters, people often find they don't want to make the compromises to own one for very long. That creates a nice pool of low-mileage, late-model cars.

Moderator - Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• I have been quoted a price of $31,705 for a 2005 Blue Suzuka with Rear lip spoiler, Front Spoiler, Side Strikes, and wheel locks. These were added by dealer, so have no choice but to take them. I probably would have added them anyway.

Anyone have any input on whether or not this is a good deal.

Of course this deal is good "only until tomorrow". But I really don't want to buy until after Jan 1. Missouri has a personal property tax for any vehicle owned as of Jan 1 of a given year.

I have reviewed "used" prices and many pre-owned S2000's are close to this price...so I figure why not buy new?
  • I have read many websites like Edmunds and Kelly Blue Book to find a fair price for me to pay for a 2001 S2000 with 8000 miles. I seem to find very different prices. May I have some advice from you of what you think a good price for me to pay? Thank you.
  • I don't follow the market that closely.. Go to this discussion: dbauer, "Real-World Trade-In Values" #23773, 17 Dec 2004 7:57 pm

There is a guide printed in red at the bottom of the page... Use that as a template to describe the car.. Then ask Terry what you should be paying for the car from a private party or dealership.. You'll have a good ballpark figure within a couple of days.

regards,

kyfdx

Moderator - Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• Thank you, I appreciate your advice.
  • nyccarguynyccarguy Stamford, CTPosts: 7,111
    Dropped my Prelude off for an oil change and an alignment tonight and did my obligatory walk through the showroom before I picked up my loaner car (loaner cars at a honda dealership, pretty cool huh). Tucked in a corner way in the back was a brand new, Silver S2000 (not sure which silver it is). Damn that car is hot! I sat in it and it fit me like a glove. Too bad I'm going to have to put off my purchase of a convertible until 2020:) There was a big, red tag hanging from the mirror with the $29,799 price... Honda of Nanuet.

2001 Honda Prelude Type SH/ 2011 BMW 328xi / 2011 Honda Pilot EX-L w/ Navigation

• Silver S2000 sounds nice. Wait until the year 2020??? Nah.. just go for it now. That car has your name on it. Sounds like a good price also. Do you know if it has the rear spoiler and side spoilers?
  • nyccarguynyccarguy Stamford, CTPosts: 7,111
    The car did not have the rear spoiler and side skirts.

Nah, I'll have to wait a few years. I just got married 2 months ago, bought a condo last year, have my wife's car to pay off s well as her school loans. Definitely no S2000 for me any time soon.

2001 Honda Prelude Type SH/ 2011 BMW 328xi / 2011 Honda Pilot EX-L w/ Navigation

• Just purchased an '05 Silverstone Metallic/Black Interior. Got it for $29,166.50 @ Rusty Wallace Honda in Knoxville, TN. Took us five minutes to sign paperwork and drive. The New care sales manager and General manager were great. If you live within 200 miles of Knoxville and want a good deal on a Honda, call them!
  • gsolman6gsolman6 Posts: 28
    scgamecock: Does that include freight and TT&L?

Even if its not you still did very well. I was hoping Honda would bring back their 1.9/2.9 financing like last Dec., but I may end up waiting awhile to replace my '94 Miata if I do.

Are you going back there for maintenance?
    I hear Honda dealers treat the S2000 buyers very well cause its such a limited-numbers car and the enthusiasts mechanics probably get bored of working on Accords and Civics all day.
  • We made a security deposit that included TT&L and yes the freight charge was factored into the final price.

We are leasing the vehicle through Honda Finance so our payments are roughly $424/month. I believe the money factor used is .00235 36months/15,000 miles per year.
  • shrink1shrink1 Posts: 1
    I bought a 2005 Sebring Silver with red and black leather for $30,450. I bought it at Fladeboe Honda in Irvine, Ca. I requested a car cover and deluxe detailing....no charge of course. I was pleased with the experience and love the car. It will be a weekender only.
  • avironaviron Posts: 1
    I live in San Diego, CA and I'd like to purchase a new 2005 S2000 in the next couple of weeks. The local Honda dealers that I have contacted are asking higher prices for S2000s than I've seen mentioned here. I am willing to travel several hundred miles to obtain the best price. I'd appreciate recommendations for Honda dealers to contact. Also, is the 2005 S2000 a 50 state vehicle? How hard is to register a new S2000 purchase from an out of state dealer in California? Thanks.
  • jimg6jimg6 Posts: 15
    Negotiated a price at $31,335 ($1000 over invoice) for a silverstone metallic with red/back interior. Dealer originally quoted $32,855.
  • I bought a new 05 new formula red in Columbus, OH last weekend at invoice. Didn't take much negotiating at all.
  • habitat1habitat1 Posts: 4,282
    Congratulations on your good deal. Please post the name of the dealership.

Also check out my recent post in the "definitive sports car" forum. I have very fond memories of my former 2002 S2000. May consider getting another one.
  • dano100dano100 Posts: 21
    Which dealer was it? I live in Bucyrus Ohio and I'm thinkink of trading my '03 S2K
    ( New Formula Red also) on an '05 Silverstone.
  • Immke Honda on Sawmill.
  • dano100dano100 Posts: 21
    I know the dealership well. My sister lives in Hilliard and we are going down to visit this weekend. I plan on dropping by to see what they will give me in trade. Mine has 21k and a new set of Fuzions(made by Bridgestone and half the price as the OEM tires).
  • cmonlowcmonlow Posts: 1
    I'm looking around for a yellow S2000 and from what I've found, the invoice is $30,300. It's base model without any accessories. The only dealer which has claims that they spray an 'environmental protection layer' on their S2000's to protect the paint. For that he wants $595.
    So on all in all, he's asking for $31,260. You guys think that it's a reasonable price?

Also another question: When the dealer says invoice price, is that the real price he paid for the car? If that's the case, there's only 9% profit margin. That's not enough to run a dealership i think....