Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Honda S2000 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Hi, I just starting looking for a 2000 in the Bay Area (on the Peninsula) and I am wondering if you found any places with good deals on them from 2003-2005 models? I hate negotiating with car dealers, so I'd like recommendations before I shop. Thanks! :D
  • Formula Red :shades:, Babied by previous owner (God Bless him!!), (nearly) new tires, Injen cold airflow intake,
    Optional Hardtop :shades: (which makes it driveable 300 out of 365 days a year- as long as the pavement is dry), CAR COVER, GrillCraft Grill Inserts :shades: in Black, detailed on a regular basis. Condition is immaculate and my mechanic gave it a 10 over 10. :D
    ON ROAD PRICE was $22,125, incl. TTR
    Cheers!!
    --njexpress
    . I went ahead with the private party purchase after original deal with Lynne's Infiniti, NJ :P went south; Dealer ad. announced that vehicle had manufacturer warranty
    left :mad: on their 2004 S2000 with 19,600 miles. They also offered me an impossible price which made it soooooo fishy but I had accepted conditionally - Deal was subject to independent inspection; But after mechanic inspection and maintenance history verification (phone calls to HONDA NA and original dealership that sold the car),
    It turned out that the tranny was blown at 5500 miles :lemon: due to suspected abuse and HONDA NA had consequently cancelled the warranty from that point on, after replacing the tranny as a goodwill gesture. The tranny and rear differntial are busted again on the vehicle per Garden State Honda, who had originally sold the car to the first owner. Dealer still hasn't returned my credit card deposit. But I have it in writing that I reserve the right to cancel the deal if there were issues.
  • Does anyone know how much it costs from the dealership to get a hardtop for the S2000?
  • faibnp06faibnp06 Posts: 1
    I've just bought my 2006 S2000 and its so unbelievable - the feels, looks, handling, and the engine sound. When I sit inside the car, it fits like a glove, it hugs around your body. I got the Silverstone Metallic with red and black interior, the combination of the colors with chrome trimming interior door handle, and wing spoiler, it looks so awesome. It gives you 100% confidence when making those sharp turns and quick lane changes. That engine sounds sure attract the attention from all genders. Overall, 110% happy with the car despite the noise, the fun of driving it will overcome the noise, its my everyday car.
  • There haven't been many posts on costs paid lately, where did you buy your car faibnp06 and what was the cost? I'm looking to also get a 2006 shortly and wonder how much under MSRP they are going for these days.

thanks
  • anythngbutgmanythngbutgm Posts: 4,182
    Congrats on your new ride. There hasn't been a day that goes by where I haven't walked into work with a smile on my face after the drive from my house. Even on the 30 degree mornings here in NE, I have been driving top-down enjoying every minute.

Congrats!
    I've read on other forums of people paying as little as 29k out the door, but most have been at 30k. Worth every penny... :D
  • msisengmsiseng Posts: 369
    My friend just got one for $29,225 including destination near Washington, DC. The original quote was 31,799.33 (strange quote). I opted for the Accord given I have a kid to cart around, but sure love the S2000! Maybe in the fall when the prices drop?
  • nyccarguynyccarguy Stamford, CTPosts: 7,995
    Paragon Honda in Queens has been advertising in the paper for a few weeks that they have an '05 S2000 and are asking 24,9XX. The car is advertised as having like 29 miles. There is no mention of color.

2001 Prelude Type SH, 2011 Pilot EX-L 4WD, 2015 Subaru Legacy 2.5i Premium

• midnightcowboymidnightcowboy Posts: 1,978
    Ungrade you exhaust to an Invidia and even more people will look at you. I have a red 2006 S2000 with an Invidia exhaust. And yes I agree with all of your postive comments. The car is awesome. The top has been down since I bought it!

Double sixes,

MidCow
  • fatmikefatmike Posts: 1
    Just bought my beautiful Laguna Blue 2 days ago from one of 2 dealers in Albuquerque. One would not come off their no-haggle price that was below MSRP, but $760 above Edmund's TMV for this area $32,135 - which I gladly paid at the other dealer. Was quoted $31,533 by a Phoenix dealer - but woud have had to pay to ship or fly, buy, and drive 8 hours back.

I think they get more $ for this baby out west - cause you can drive it year round with the top down.

You're gonna love this car.
  • fsubranfsubran Posts: 6
    Do you all put premium in your s2000, or is it ok to do mid grade.... sorry to be cheap, its just that these gas prices are killin me!
  • nyccarguynyccarguy Stamford, CTPosts: 7,995
    Stick with the Premium! You won't be saving that much money first off. Second, your engine will retard the timing when it senses the lower grade gas which means you will get poorer fuel economy and reduced performance. Just ride it out like the rest of us and enjoy the Spring weather by putting your top down.

2001 Prelude Type SH, 2011 Pilot EX-L 4WD, 2015 Subaru Legacy 2.5i Premium

With gas mileage I have been getting 28mpg on the premium stuff. Costs me 30 bucks to fill the tank. Not bad for a high performance motor. Keep her out of the VTEC powerband and she'll retun as much as 32mpg (I've done it numerous times).
  • csiumcsium Posts: 1
    Nice price. Is that on a 2005 or a 2006?

What dealer did your friend buy it from?
  • I am in the West and I got it for a good price ($30,995 *destination charge included*) for 2005 Christmas
    Delivery. I think its because of the competetion with toomany dealers in the same city.

Here is what I did, I got Honda dealers ZIP codes from Honda Website within 100 miles radius (I am in LA) and tried to get quotes from them by their internet dept. I used EDmunds and Carsdirect for this. I got quotes from 20 dealers. I went and picked up my S2K within a week from my local Honda dealer as he was ready to beat any price quote I received by emails, finally it was for 30,995 which is less than invoice.
    Driving this car is addictive and I cant stop driving it,,and I am not complaining! ;)
  • msisengmsiseng Posts: 369
    We live near Washington, DC and he called six dealers in West Virginia. He bought from Lester Raines Honda
    in Charleston, WV. He had to rent a car to get there, but the dealer paid for it and he dropped his kid off at a nearby college.

He also looked at Houston, TX were prices are reported to be much lower for some reason nobody can explain?

Neither a trade nor financing were involved.

The Washington, DC dealers were at least $800 higher with Tyson's Honda offering the highest quote..of course.
  • went to the honda dealer here in winnipeg,canada yesterday to look at the fit. of course they had none, but i checked out a new s2000. list price here is 51,000 cdn dollars so even with the 6.1% cdn govt duty but with a 90 cent cdn dollar us canadians get jerked around for about 10,000 dollars. they do that up here on corvettes and porches too. why? just the principle of it makes me not want to buy, and i can easily afford it.
  • s2kluvers2kluver Posts: 1
    EBAY!!!! That's where I bought mine - 2005 S2000 Silverstone - $28K, 80 miles....I hate haggling......
  • Hi there,
    I would love some advise. I am in between a Subaru WRX STI or a 2006 S2000. I might move to colder climates soon and I can't decide which car would be a better fit.
    I love to drive open, but I also love the power of the WRX. Would you think you get tired of the acceleration and the power of a WRX vs the ability to drive top down? I also assume a S2000 would be safer and quicker in wet or snowy areas, since it comes with stability control.

Please let me know your experience or opinions.

Thanks
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 31,133
    Stability control or not... I would think that an AWD vehicle with more ground clearance would be "safer and quicker" in snowy areas...

I don't know if the STI comes with all-season tires or summer rubber.. If it is summer rubber, you'll need different tires for winter driving (as you would with the S2000).

If you only have one car... I would think the STI would be the better choice in colder climates.. (have you checked insurance rates?)

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• hipoporayhipoporay Posts: 7
    I’m from South California and I bought mine last weekend after researching this model for two weeks.
    Here are some helpful hints :D
    The MSRP is $34600 but almost all the dealers will sell it at invoice. The interesting stuff is that two dealerships agreed to sell it in $29700, which is $1300 below invoice.
    If you want to lease and have high credit score you can get the car for 36m/12K with money factor of 0.0069…this will make monthly payments below $330 (before tax), and minimum drive off (first month + DMV fees)… awesome deal!
    I went with 2005. You can still find dozens of them around the continent. Don’t offer more than $26000, Honda has some hidden incentive to the dealerships.
    This car is a blast! I almost bought MX-5 which is better to drive (I guess because of lighter chassis) but the safety is questionable. I tried the Z4 but it only felt “sporty” where the S2000 is real “sport car”…it reminds me the days of racing Formula Renault in Europe ;)

Good luck.
  • cmcnamaracmcnamara Posts: 3
    Hello!

This is my first time leasing and I was curious on the deal I'm getting.

According to the money factor I'm at preferred credit at .00109 with no down payment or .00099 with one.

2k Total out the door.
    630 of that is "down payment"
    Puts my payments to 395 a month including 7.75 taxes.

He said to get my payments to 350 a month the downpayment would need to be 2084 and a total out the door cost of 3546.98.

I belive the price i'm getting is 31569 a month.

Looking for some help here
    good deal? ok deal?

Thanks
    Doesn't sound like a good deal.
    Which part of the country you are living in?
  • cmcnamaracmcnamara Posts: 3
    I'm in northern california bout 2 hours north of SF our tax rate here is 7.75

So I test drove it today and have new numbers. let me know what you guys think.

1366 out the door of which 595 is acquisition fee, 414 is first month. 357 is doc fee and license fee.

Payments are 384.99 before tax and 414.83 after tax. This is with 0 cap reduction.

By the way i'm in the preferred class which is .00099 or .00109 with no sec deposit.

What do you guys think?
  • hipoporay.

That's a great deal, can you tell us the name of the dealerships that you dealt with in SoCal and which one you ultimately bought from. I'm buying at 2006 soon and would love to get it for $29.7K.

thanks!
  • jgkjgk Posts: 5
    I am in the same boat with you on choices. My son as an STI and has been through a winter in Minneapolis with no problem. He did buy snow tires as the stock ones are high performance dry tires. He as had no problem with the car and it is a hoot to drive. The STI is really a better all around car - reasonable back seat. The S2000 is really a good second car not a principal one.

Jeff
  • jgkjgk Posts: 5
    what do you know about the rebate on 05 S2000. My local dealer turned down 28K
    Paragon Honda at NY sells new 05 (Gray) at 24995. Use it as a bait and see how low they can go. You can also ship the car to CA (~$990).
    Send a quote request to Honda Long Beach. You will get automated answer which offer the car at ~29850. Send this price to 15 dealerships around and you will see that at least two will give you 29700.
This discussion has been closed.