Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Honda S2000 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

12345679»

Comments

• blueiedgodblueiedgod Member Posts: 2,798
    Last week pulled the trigger on a new 2007 Rio yellow from a dealer in Omaha. NE. Couldn't resist the price, $25,000 OTD. No market for that car in Omaha. Flew out the next day and drove it across country to VA, what a trip. No regrets.

Looks like this board died up since last fall.

I am looking at a black 2008 (left over) S2000 at a dealer here in buffalo. It is winter and bitterly cold. they have it listed at $28,000 on their site.

I would LOVE to take that car off their hands for $25,000 OTD.

Were there any special tactics (gun to head, questionable photographs) involved getting Omaha dealer to let go?
  • daveoshinskydaveoshinsky Member Posts: 2
    I have a similar situation. A leftover 2008 red s2000 that the local NJ dealer claims he won't let go for less than about $29,200 (plus tax, title, registration, doc fee). They've had this car for 300 days, yet won't entertain an offer lower than that. Any suggestions, at least legal ones? What is a reasonable offer for such a leftover 2008 s2000?
  • mandie7mandie7 Member Posts: 2
    What is a reasonable price for a leftover 2008 S2000? I have a quote of $30,000 in Raleigh?
  • vinnynyvinnyny Member Posts: 764
    I'm thinking about grabbing one of the last few S2000s left out there but haven't seen any new ones locally. Has anybody seen one in the SE? If so, what was the advertised price?
  • mvs1mvs1 Member Posts: 462
    Does anyone have a lease ready to expire on their 08' S2000 and will not be buying it out, but would care to sell it? I'm located in CT and starting my search for a Base (non-CR) model. Ideal vehicle would be black/black or black/red interior
  • acceleratoraccelerator Member Posts: 136
    Look at leasetrader.com. there is another site like it but I can't recall what it is. The main point though is there are sites that do just what you are hoping to do. Good luck!
  • mvs1mvs1 Member Posts: 462
    Thanks for the reply. This board is fairly dead, however considering the vehicle isn't produced I was reaching out not expecting too many replies.

I did check swapalease and will look into lease trader so thank you. I believe you need to swap into a lease with more than six months remaining, but let's see.
  • acceleratoraccelerator Member Posts: 136
    www.s2ki.com is where the S2000 owners live. The forum is an international forum for enthusiast and it is broken up by area in which you live. You can learn a lot there - I did. As for the lease, every lease is different, it just depends on how badly someone needs to get out of their lease. Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.