Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ford Explorer Prices Paid and Buying Experience

12345679»

Comments

• I currently have an '11 XLT pretty loaded, traded in an '01 Sport i pretty much had to push into the dealer, however, they wrote down they gave me 3k for it. With that, i paid the first month payment and reg fees and walked out at 367 a month for 24 months. Now my lease is up and i am looking to get the new sport, however, dealers seem very reluctant to push this because of limited quantities. I know they are waiting for some moron to come in and say yea ill take it for 600 a month with 5k down. I have negotiated 1 down from 47915 to 42630. I am trying to do this with 0 down just reg. and fees. They are in the high 4s but i feel like i should be able to get this down to the low to mid 4s. Any feedback? Is this unreasonable? And does anyone know the exact residual on this? Cant seem to find exact online.
  • I just got a quote on a 2013 Explorer XLT with many options, MSRP of $42,165 ... they quoted a 36 mo lease for $398.22 which includes taxes ... $995 down (includes tags and all fees) miles of 10,500.
    My question; is there room to bargain this lower or it is a good deal?
  • ct44ct44 Posts: 8
    I received an interesting email from a local dealer concerning the pricing of Equipment Group 302A. The sticker shows this option group listed at $6480, while Ford's 'Build Your Own' web page prices it at $5600. I inquired about the difference and was told that the difference of $880 was taken off on the bottom of the sticker. And he is correct. There is a "Total Before Discounts", then a line called 'Equipment Group Savings' where the $880 is deducted, leaving a "Total MSRP" that is net of the group discount/savings. All fine and good. Except that the email further states "For lease purposes, the MSRP is taken before the package discount". So they are using the 'Total Before Discounts' which is a number greater than the MSRP, when computing the residual. I'd never heard of that before, and wonder if that is particular to Ford, or if others have seen it used elsewhere.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 30,594
    I've seen that on domestic leases, before... A higher residual is a good thing on a lease, as it lowers the payment...

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• Did you ask your salespople about the Ford Explorer "water leaking" problem. i almost decided to buy a 2013 Ford Explorer Sport, but found the following two threads about the "water leaking" problem with this model.

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=327803

http://www.edmunds.com/ford/explorer/2013/consumer-reviews/two-weeks-old-and-alr- eady.html?style=101420024&sub=&reviewId=1711008258
  • explorerx4explorerx4 Central CTPosts: 9,936
    I have had a 2011 with pano roof and power liftgate for over a year and a half, no leaks.
  • Then good for you, but after reading all the posts about this water leaking issue I decided to go with other brands.

Thanks for the input and enjoy your Explorer
  • FB23FB23 Posts: 7
    I've used this forum many times before and wanted to share my purchase and hopefully it will help someone.
    2014 Explorer Limited; 302A package; platinum white tri-coat paint; 2nd row bucket seats; dual panel moonroof; adapt cruise control/collision warning; tow package; polished aluminum wheels. MRSP 50815. OTD 46300 + tax. Could have haggled for a bit more (maybe 1k less) but they gave me a good trade price so made up for it there. 1.7% financing @ 60months. Hope this helps someone. Now let's hope I'm happy with the vehicle...never owned a FORD.
  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 7,389
    FB23 - congratulations on your new Explorer and thank you for sharing your purchase experience with us on the forums.

My wife was a Ford girl for many years; I found them to be good dependable cars.

Of course, my last one was an '03 Focus, so I'm sure they've been improved on over the years.

2013 Hyundai Elantra GT / 2010 Mazda CX-7 GT / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4
    Need help navigating? michaell@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• rman66rman66 Posts: 21
    edited November 2013
    Bought an Explorer limited with 4WD 302A package, tow package, bucket seats, collision adaptive cruise, dual panel moon roof, center console, floor mats etc..
    MSRP $51K, paid ~$46K after rebates, discounts
  • GREATLY appreciate any wisdom, insight and/or help ANYONE can provide regarding a $378/month 36/month term lease we were quoted in Arizona for a 2014 Explorer XLT. They are also willing to pick up the first month’s payment and no out of pocket costs as we will be trading in our 2000 audi a6 2.7 twin turbo awd quarto. Would you consider this a “fair” price? Thoughts? – Thank you!!!

Price Information BASE PRICE $32,600

Included on this Vehicle
    EQUIPMENT GROUP 202A $3,220
    DRIVER CONNECT PACKAGE
    MYFORD TOUCH
    SYNC VOICE ACTIVATED SYSTEM
    REAR VIEW CAMERA
    DUAL ZONE AUTO TEMP CONTROL
    PREMIUM AUDIO W/9 SPEAKERS
    COMFORT PACKAGE W/LEATHER

Optional Equipment
    2014 MODEL YEAR
    RUBY RED METALLIC TC $395
    LIGHT STONE LEATHER HEATED
    .3.5L V6 TIVCT ENGINE
    6-SPEED AUTO TRANSMISSION
    POWER LIFTGATE $495
    CALIFORNIA EMISSIONS SYSTEM
    TRAILER TOW PACKAGE CLASS III $570
    20" POLISHED ALUMINUM WHEELS $1,195
    BLIS/REAR INFLAT BELT PACKAGE $595
    .BLIND SPOT MONITORING SYS
    .2ND ROW OUTBOARD INFLAT BLTS
    SELECT SHIFT TRANSMISSION
    TOTAL BEFORE DISCOUNTS $39,965

RAPID SPEC SAVINGS -720

TOTAL MSRP $39,245

Disclaimer: Option pricing will be blank for any item that is priced as 0 or "No Charge".
  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 7,389
    I posted some follow up questions for you in the Explorer lease forum.

2013 Hyundai Elantra GT / 2010 Mazda CX-7 GT / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4
    Need help navigating? michaell@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• Hello! New to the forum....We are looking to purchase a '14 Explorer XLT. I see on the Ford website that they are offering $2000 cash incentive as well as a $1000 black Friday gift card (or can use as cash). The dealers in my area show on their websites $1000 cash incentive and $1000 black Friday deal. Are the dealers holding back that $1000 cash?
    Thank you!