Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lincoln Aviator Accessories and Mods

Comments

• No, not necessarly the price of my 7 inch is as much as a 10 inch model. I did not go bigger because anything bigger would block my rearview. With my current system, I am still able to see about 3-4 inches below and out my rearview when down. The second reson was that this particular model was almost a dead match with my cream interior and looks stock. This is a plus since most overhead systems are black or gray now days. If you have the gray interior it would probably work better but with cream it really sticks out. If you are interested, now rosen has an all in one system consisting of the dvd player & monitor. You can view them at rosenentertainment.com. Agian, installation kwowledge and experience again is crucial. It almost best to pay more now inoprder to avoid the headaches later.
  • No, not necessarly the price of my 7 inch is as much as a 10 inch model. I did not go bigger because anything bigger would block my rearview. With my current system, I am still able to see about 3-4 inches below and out my rearview when down. The second reson was that this particular model was almost a dead match with my cream interior and looks stock. This is a plus since most overhead systems are black or gray now days. If you have the gray interior it would probably work better but with cream it really sticks out. If you are interested, now rosen has an all in one system consisting of the dvd player & monitor. You can view them at rosenentertainment.com. Agian, installation kwowledge and experience again is crucial. It almost best to pay more now inoprder to avoid the headaches later.
  • hilnhiln Posts: 7
    That is something no one has mentioned, about it blocking the rear view mirror. How can it be legal to do that? The head rest monitors at best buy are 999- where do you get them for 150?
  • akirbyakirby Posts: 7,747
    If it was illegal to block your rear-view mirror then those huge rear wings would be illegal. You still have your side mirrors so it's really not a safety issue, just annoying.

Ebay.
  • hilnhiln Posts: 7
    I am going to go with the headrest ones after all- because of my sunroof they will work best- I will up date next week when they are put in.
  • quemfalaquemfala Posts: 107
    When in Orange County, California I saw an Aviator with a "CS" designation. Found that it had Borla dual exhausts, class III hitch, different rear bumper and a few badges. Anyone know where or how I might order these items for my wife's Aviator. The Borla exhausts can be found, but no luck with the other items.

THANX

Life is Better at the Beach
  • Well, it's going to be in the minus degrees temps in the Metro Detroit area.

Anyone have a remote start installed on their Aviator? The Lincoln website shows a factory version, but I get a pop-up saying it can't be installed on a 2003 Aviator despite the fact that at the bottom of the screen 2003 Aviator is listed as a model that it can be installed on.

Hammer995, depending on the vehicle aftermarket remote starts require an alarm bypass box that basically holds a key to the car to defeat the engine disable system.
  • I had the Ford Gold installed. Works great. The keyfob has an extra button to press to start it up. The only problem is that it looks like your showing off..and people look at it strange seeing that there isn't anybody in it. Its great during the summer too to get that AC crankin. I wish the seats would stay on after you turn off the car...but i'm not complaining...:)
  • Ford Gold, I take it that's OEM then? My local Lincoln Dealer refused to install the OEM model because there service shop told them it was an eight hour affair. I was going to go aftermarket, but found aftermarket remote starts could interfere with the keyless entry.

Would you mind posting an approx. price paid? Thanks!
  • I had them include it as part of a deal....I think its on www.licolnaccessories.com I don't want to say how much i paid cause i practically stole the aviator from them..:)

check out

click here
  • I've seen what appears to be a small cup shaped coin holder in some of the marketing shots for the Aviator. When I searched the Lincoln accessory site and after contact my local dealership, both were at a loss that such an item exists.

Does anyone on the board have any solutions for holding toll booth change?
  • bdooganbdoogan Posts: 1
    Hi,
    I have a 2003 Aviator with a power moonroof. I bought it without the overhead rear entertainment dvd system but now the kids want one. The factory unit is made by Johnson Controls and lists for about $1400. I found a unit that was meant for a 03 Explorer Limited for a lot less money. Does anyone know if they're compatible? ie. wiring harness, connectors, radio interface, etc.
  • nortosnortos Posts: 2
    We have the 2003 Aviator with the moonroof and it came with the overhead rear DVD entertainment system. Unfortunately, it's large and it blocks most of your view in your rear view mirror when it's in use. The kids don't use it that much and play with the gameboys more often (11 and 13 yrs old) For us it was a waste of money. There are several portable DVD units out there that are a lot less expensive and they also have screens that are built into the back of the headrests on some cars.

Susan
  • bennbbennb Posts: 143
    Has anyone found any all-weather type floor mats for the Aviator that actually fit well and work with the hook on the floor yet?
  • dang619dang619 Posts: 1
    I just got a 2005 Aviator.... What are you all doing about the tire pressure sensor when installing aftermarket wheels?
  • hammer995hammer995 Posts: 27
    Does anybody know where I can buy one mud guard? I apparently lost one somewhere...y'know all that 4 wheeling I do...haha! I guess the dealership didn't put it on securely.

Thanks...
    I doubt it - just buy a set and then you'll have a spare for the other side.
  • Has anyone found out where i can buy the CS edition kit? I just got a 2005 aviator and I cam currently in Iraq, would like to treat myself once I get back home.
  • Anyone find a cargo area cover for a 2005 Aviator? I can't believe Lincoln isn't making them. Any suggestions? I hate having stuff back there when working and leaving it exposed to the eye of anyone lurking.
    Explorer/Mountaineer covers should fit if you can match the color.
  • avi04avi04 Posts: 1
    I have an 04 Aviator and use the cargo cover from an 04 Mountainer. Works great and the color matches as well.
  • They tried an 05 Mountaineer on my 05 Aviator and it was too wide :( ....

Does anyone have an 05 Aviator? If so - which year cover fit that?

Thanks again!
  • I have found a web site www.maxmarketsolutions.com which claims they designed the CS edition. I have left a message but have not heard from them yet.
  • neilwe2vneilwe2v Posts: 1
    It is the same one as the Mercury Mountaineer. I have one that I used on a 2003 aviator and currently using it on a 2005
  • waltvatorwaltvator Posts: 8
    I changed my tires on an 04 aviators to 20". Can anyone tell me how to stop the tire sensor from alarming?
  • matlincamatlinca Posts: 5
    hello to respond to your ? my parents own a 2003 lincoln aviator with power moon rooof, rear dvd entertainment system, and touch screen radio/ dvd controller. the system for the aviator is a little slow and somewhat loud and it blocks the rear view mirror's view when down, also this dvd system comes with storage witch makes it very large. unfortunately the the explorer's dvd system is not compatible with the aviator's front control's yet the wireing harnesses are very simmilar. like for example when you turn on the dvd you can select to turn it on through the speakers or the wireless head phones, if you select the wireless head phones while you are playing the radio it shuts off the back speakers and subwoffer just leaveing the front 2 speakers on ( quite annoying :mad: ). what im leading up to is it would be better and cheaper to install an aftermarket dvd system + you would have a bigger screen no cheezy dvd storage compartments and av and video hook ups ( so you can play video game systems such as x-box ps2 or hook your video camera or w.e you would like). also if you want to still go with the explorer dvd system you could get it to work if you find a good enough electrician to do so but it would probally cost alot of $$ wich most people like to save :D . well i hope that help's it was pretty long ..................................................................
    MATT
  • jacqueusijacqueusi Posts: 55
    Anyone use/recommend a bluetooth adapter for their Aviator? I've seen a Ford/Lincoln Mobile-ease unit floating around, but am not sure if it will work well with the Aviator.

Hoping to find some folks on the Edmunds board, that have made the leap.

Thanks!
  • Can anyone suggest a place where I can buy a black grill to replace the chrome grill on my Aviator. Hoping to get a suggestion of where I can find one below OEM MSRP.

Thanks!
    Why not paint the one you have? Shouldn't cost more than $100 at a body shop or do it yourself.
  • I've tried something like that before on my 4Runner. The primer wouldn't adhere to the "chrome".
This discussion has been closed.