Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lincoln Navigator Accessories and Modifications

2»

Comments

• akirbyakirby Posts: 7,730
    Sounds like the motor or switch is stuck and builds up an electrical load until the fuse blows. Make sure nothing is stuck under the seat.
  • Does it just blow by itself after 1 minute or does it blow after you try to operate any of the controls on that circuit?
  • sschmidtsschmidt Posts: 2
    nothing uder the seat... and it is after I operate the seat... this is driving me crazy and I gotta get it fixed so my wife can drive the car...(its her car)

thanks again 4 ur help
  • So using the power seat switch causes it to blow but if you replace the fuse and don't use the seat, the fuse doesn't blow?
    Sounds like the motor is shot although it could be the switch. You could disconnect the motor and try the switch. If the fuse doesn't blow it's the motor. If it still blows it's the switch or the wiring between the switch and the motor.
  • jimenezmgjimenezmg Posts: 1
    I need to locate fuse box in my 2003 navigator, manual states it is on the rt hand side under the instrument panel. I tried looking for it with no success. Please guide.
  • frazierdfrazierd Posts: 4
    I have a 2003 Nav and I installed a new K&N Filter, a fuel injection cleaning and I installed a Tornado and I can drive now to my home which takes about 4 and half hours with about a half of take of gas or just a little below that and before it was taking me down to a 1/4 of a tank.
    I have a 2003 Nav and I just change the alternator out and now the battery sign is displaying on my instrument panel. I had the battery check to see if it was still good and it was, so what do I need to do to clear the check the charging system and get rid of the battery display off of my instrument panel. I have alreay tried to disconnect the negative end from the battery for about a minute and then put it back on the battery end and it stills doesn't reset. Could someone please help to solve this problem.
    Do I just need to change out a fuse to get my fog lights to work and why is my 2003 Nav controls not illuminating at night inside the truck and where is the fuse or sensor located that needs to be replace.
  • litterlitter Posts: 1
    The manual is misleading. i searched for one hour. Sit in the passenger seat. It is on the forward side panel by your right foot. Grab the front edge and the panel pops off.
  • herc76herc76 Posts: 52
    I have a question. I think I know the answer but its nothing wrong asking. Is the 07 Navigator navigation system compatible to the 04 Navigator?
  • guy12guy12 Posts: 1
    It is misleading in the manual. It is actually under the passenger side of the dashboard, down where the passengers right foot would be. Remove the small panel against the right side wall, and the fuse box panel is behind it. Hope this helps
  • gritogrito Posts: 1
    hi frazied i have the same problem with my navigator did you ever get yours fixed and what was the problem
  • I have a 2003 navigator. The reverse warning system beeps constantly when in reverse. Dealer stated it was a backup sensors. I replaced them still the same problem. Any advise.
    Please help. Thanks
  • I have a 04 Navigator. Got an XM radio for Christmas. Is there a way to get an audio unput reasonably on this system? I have the Premium Ent. Sys. w/6cd changer.
  • Does anybody know if you can swap out the THX premium 6CD radio with the Sirus in the 2007 Navigator / Expedition and replace it with the Navigation unit or has done it before?

SUV comes with DVD, Satellite, Premium Sound and THX so if the CAN-bus does not have problems, the connectors are there and you can also swap the rear view mirror for the one with the mic it should work. Any Ford tech's out there...looking through the shop manuals, but want to make sure. Found a great deal on a used one, but it is missing this option only. I am better with transmission repairs.

Thanks!

PS. This is a duplicate posting in general forum incase people are not switching to the specific sub-forums.
  • vdiaz246vdiaz246 Posts: 1
    My engine light is blinking when I am traveling 45 or higher. When I am going slower, it stops blinking and just stays on. I have lost my manuel, and can not afford to take it to the shop. Any info I can get , will be very greatful. Thanks Virginia
    Wrong forum, but it sounds like a misfire. Autozone will read the codes for you for free. Probably the coil(s) or fuel pump.
  • freshnavfreshnav Posts: 1
    hello to all,

Does anyone know if the 2004 navigation system is compatible with the 03 navigator or where I can buy a navi system for a 03 navigator.
  • I have the same issue, I can't find anything on here about this.
    I have an 03 and want to add the Navagations system.
    Scared to buy a used one without knowing if it will work.
  • I have a 2003 Lincoln navigator, the back light illuminator on my switches i.e. radio, steering wheel, all switches quit working. The fuse is fine any odeas what it might be?

Thanks
  • rwchilrwchil Posts: 3
    I have a 98 Navigator that I use to tow a trailer. I would like to replace the stock ourside mirrors with the extentable mirrors that Ford uses on their pickups. But I can't find out if any of these pars are interchangable. Both Lincoln and Ford dealers can just provide the replacement part number based on the vin number.

Anyone know if and/or which Ford mirrors will work on the Lincoln?
  • I have a 2002 Navi and the bass has quit working. There is absolutely no bass now. I was wanting to know anyone would have a answer for this. I think there is a built in amp and sub inside the rear wheel well or something, if that is so should that be repalced? And where do I get one?
  • tamitab100tamitab100 Posts: 4
    edited January 2011
    Unfortunately someone stole my drivers side heated signal mirror glass, including the back plate. Does anyone know who sells them at a decent price? I'm in New York City.

Thanks!
  • I am about to install a rear-view camera in our '03 Nav. The display at the dash has the lead to tie to the reverse light in the rear of the car. is there a way to tap into this up at the dash, or do I need to run an extra power cable to the rear?

If this goes well, I'll add one to our '06 as well.

Thanks!
2»