Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lincoln Navigator Maintenance and Repair

Comments

• denhamdenham Posts: 76
    Did your oil light not come on, if not it should have? The oil you put in went into the oil pan and only after you started the engine the oil pump picked up the oil for the rod bearings and main bearings ( your 10 minute wait did nothing more than cool the engine). I would get the noise you have checked out, first check the oil pressure and if in doubt remove the oil pan ( a spun bearing is bad news and less hope not).
    Dennis.
  • i have the same problem with mine but on mine the center white wire broke so now my knob doesnt go into gear and i have no idea on how to replace it or how much the part is going to cost, mine is an 04, if u have any idea on how to replace it please let me know, thank you
  • Hi I am wondering if you wound up buying or not?? I am also ready to put a deposit down on an 07 Navi ultimate with 40k miles....few services recorded.....just wondering how you like it so far? Thanks.

Christian
  • I also have an 2002 Navi and it was doing the exact same thing. My extended warranty ran out and I was freezing and couldn't afford to take it to the local Lincoln dealer. Plus they told me the year before it was something else i can't remember, and wanted like 350$ for the part. Well a week later I took it in for another problem and when I got it back my heater was working. I think they just didn't plug something back in. Take it in to the dealer if you have the warranty or have another mechanic take a look. A fresh pair of eyes couldn't hurt. My mechanics at my local dealership just don't care. I'm in there everyother month or so for one thing or another. I say your best bet if you can afford it is get another car asap. I love my lincoln but it is a thorn in my side if it isn't one thing messing up its another. If i new then when i bought my Navi what I know now I wouldn't have bought it. But i have no choice I am a full time college student and can't afford to trade in my navigator for something else for a while. so I'm stuck. Good luck with your navigator.
  • Drive line vibration most noticable between 50 & 60 mph.
    Wheels balanced on road load simulator, drive shaft re-indexed.
    Vibration still the same. Has been with us since new vehicle delivered.
  • Im having two problems with my navigator, the front head lights keeps going out i have replaced the fuses twice dont know what that is and also when im driving and it gets to about 40 mph the truck would start shaking, sometimes it does it so hard it feels as though something going to fall down. Please help! Dont trust to many mechanics have been told different things........ :confuse: :confuse: :confuse:
  • denhamdenham Posts: 76
    I am in the Tire and Alignment business and the problem you may have is a bad tire
    or loose lug nuts.
    I have people put on after market wheels with the wrong off set and low profile tires making for this shaking problem and after time they must replace tie rod ends and get correct tires and wheels.
    Let me know what and when you find your problem!
  • Do not PURCHASE Lincoln Navigator replacement suspension products from STRUTMASTERS UNLESS you want your once nice kick [non-permissible content removed] looking ride to look like a four wheel drive Hummer!

No longer will your ride sit fat on 22’s and catch that look you paid for when buying the Navi…noooooo, now you get to look like a “ratard”.

I purchased the coil over struts to replace my failing air ride system, and NOWHERE on STRUTMASTERS website OR accompanying instructions is it mentioned that your ride will ride SOOOOO high. (Gee, I wonder why? Perhaps because if potential purchasers knew this, we would consider something else? Or make us sign a waiver that the ride height would be forever altered?)

When the vehicle was at the Lincoln dealer for service after installation of the STRUTMASTER product, the service manager approached me as I was paying my bill and asked if I wanted them to investigate why the vehicle height was so askew.

(What does THAT tell you.)

Anyway, the final answer from the company salesperson who sold them to me after months of asking for a refund or re-engineered product? He assured me that I was the ONLY person complaining as they had installed hundreds of systems on many navigators for numerous Lincoln dealers…and yet would not provide any contact information so I could inquire as to the satisfaction or measurements of such installs. “I wish you well.” I wish you well? That’s it?

Bottom line? Buy STRUTMASTER products AT YOUR OWN RISK.

If you want to see before and afters, drop me an email. louiefrias@cox.net
  • chris229chris229 Posts: 1
    i have a 2001 lincoln navigator and today when i went to church and got ready to shut it off, my gearshift was really loose, would just go back and forth, so i shut it off and when i went back to go home, it was completely dead, had a friend look at it and he said he thought it was the "nuetral chain cable" don't know what to do, any ideas?
  • I just picked up monroe air shocks for my Navigator
    was wondering if anyone knows how to disconnect and reconnect the air line
    going into the shock ? I have turned off the air suspension switch.
    Thank you .
  • oscspoposcspop Posts: 4
    the humm you hear is your suspension air compressor running to adjust your trucks ride hieght and the thump in back is the diverter door that sends air to the roof ducts or to the floor for heat its sticking half way it just need to be adjusted
  • oscspoposcspop Posts: 4
    your truck has an air pump its located just behind the passenger side headlamp under the hood . It runs just after you start the car to adjust your ride hieght depending on the load or number of passengers you have its normal for it to run just after start up if its always running it means you have an air leak in the eyetem and the pump is trying to keep up. as for the thumping in back your truck has an air ducting system that will send air to the roof vents or to the floor for heat they tend to get stuck half way and require adjustments dont panic its not all bad
    consider converting to ciolspring suspension if you plan to keep it for a while the air ride in 03 was an engenieerind nightmare
  • which side of my 2007 navigator engine is bank 2?
    Please advise
  • Hi All,
    I am new to this board, I stumbled across it while on an internet search for Navigators. I am looking at quite a few between 1999 to 2005, just wondering if there are any particular problems that we should watch out for and if so what?
    Also there seems to be a ton of 03's on the market was that a bad yr?
    Any advise would be appreciated.

Thank-you:)
  • solidsolid Posts: 3
    Consumer reports suggests to stay away from 03-04 & 06. I have 99 w/139,000mi and just had my first major expense of $1,100 fuel pump, sensors, including labor.
  • xman2006mz5xman2006mz5 Posts: 16
    I have read about some real horror stories concerning Navigators on this forum. Please go through some of the posts. I still have my 01 with 108 kmiles. It won't start, but I will figure out the problem sooner or later. I will sell or trade it at that time. Even though I live in Chi-town and the Winters are brutal, I will not tolerate a vehicle with the design flaws that the Navigator has.
  • I have a 02 navigator it has been sitting for sometime and now all ready to put on the road and the windows won't work and it won't shift out of park... Prior to today it was fine... I took it last week to get it washed and when tried to drive it to put air in the tire I couldn't shift it out of park... Does anyone have a idea what could be wrong???? Please help...
  • As you know, (from the many previous posts) this vehicle has a tendency to not like water around the wind shield area. There seems to be a problem with water leakage into the fuse box. I am assuming that you are depressing the brake while attempting to shift out of park. I would check the fuse (s) for the accessories first. There is a switch attached to the brake pedal that allows the shifter to move out of park, (safety feature), but I would not expect it to be faulty given your symptoms and recent truck washing activity.
  • Thank you very much and I am having that checked this weekend... Keeping my fingers crossed that is the problem... My wallet is also wishing that is the problem.
  • pepe12pepe12 Posts: 1
    need to replace my front brakes on my lincoln nav, but i need to know what tool i need to remove the calipers, it looks like a allen wrench and had try a few but no luck, does anyone knows and where i might find this tool?