Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lincoln Town Car Maintenance & Repair

Comments

• I might still have the heater thing in the garage if I didn't give it to the kid who I gave the car too.I'll check tonight.
  • This is an old post, but I just had to say thank you to the poster! My car was stuck in park, and your solution worked for me!! The stoplight switch was less than 10 bucks...
  • qsoqso Posts: 32
    edited March 2011
    Have a check eng light on. Checking the code it states the egr Valve is bad. Can anybody help on tips to change this valve.
  • msledge50msledge50 Posts: 11
    Hello,I was wondering does anybody knows how to hot wire a window to go up,My window switch on the drivers side went out and i ordered a knew one,But my window is stuck down i want to get it up while i am waiting for the switch, THANK YOU
  • pull up the panel that the switch sits in and jiggle the wires connected to the switch.Don't know what year you have but there are only a couple of screws if it's a 90's version.
  • msledge50msledge50 Posts: 11
    I already have the switch out,the switch is bad I need to know is there a way to hot wire the window to just get it up until my new switch comes. It's a 1999 town car
  • wicketwicket Posts: 18
    my check engine light comes an after driving it for a while and then after a while it will go off only to come on later. wont stay on long enough to test it.
  • 99towncarexec99towncarexec Posts: 160
    edited May 2011
    Mine was doing that (1996 town car).I put in a new mass air sensor.95 bucks or so for the part and another 40 bucks to put it in at the mechanic.So far so good.Not a big job. Also,could be your 02 sensors starting to act up.Oh,and last but not least,drop some dry gas in the tank and switch brands of gas.See if that helps.
  • euphoniumeuphonium Great Northwest, West of the Cascades.Posts: 3,305
    My '94 Sig w 150,000 has been doing that for several years. Otherwise it runs great w good gas mileage and performance. The CE light is the Environmentalists illumination to scare you into making your combustion less invading to them while they hitch hike down your highway. :mad:
  • joemama8joemama8 Posts: 1
    my 87 year old Dad has a 93 lincoln town car. The digital instrument cluster has stopped working. I have checked fused but am unsure where to go from here. Does anyone know if this unit is controlled by a body or chassis computer? Is this a common problem?
  • Don't think there's a fix.Better off getting a used new one.Probably way cheaper.
  • nvbankernvbanker Posts: 7,285
    Are you sure the bulb isn't just burned out?
  • lrewlrew Posts: 2
    I have a1993 Lincoln Towncar with 150K miles. When the Temperature is above 85 degrees you can only drive the car for 2 to 20 miles and then it begins surging badly and eventually ends up at about 20mph with the throttle wide open. If I shut it off I can not restart it for 20 minutes or so. I have replaced the MAF sensor, and the IAT sensor twice and no change. If the temperature is below 80 degrees the car runs fine all day at any speed. I have checked the fuel pressure and I have 35psi. Any ideas?
    Sounds like an old fashioned vapor lock to me. There should be a sharder valve on the fuel rail. (looks like a tire valve). Push that, let the air out (with the engine off) when it does this, and it should restart and go again.
  • I have a 1997 LTC with battery drain and would like to know what possible causes are since I cannot seem to find it. Battery drains completely over a 12 to 13 hour period.

Willie
  • I have a 1997 Lincoln Towncar and I am trying to figure out what is causing my battery to drain over a 12 to 13 hour period. I have tried removing each fuse under the hood with no change. I removed the light from the trunk and this has slowed the process but has not eliminated it. Does anyone have a suggestion as to what else I can consider to be the problem.

Willie
    wjones652@aol.com
  • euphoniumeuphonium Great Northwest, West of the Cascades.Posts: 3,305
    How old is the battery?

Disconnect the + cable overnight and see if the battery is healthy the next day. It could be you just need a new battery.
    And if Euphonium's solution doesn't help, go into the car at night after it's been off a few hours, and feel everything on the dash. If something (like the stereo) is hot, there's your drain.
  • when you said you replaced the blend door motor did you have to take the whole dashboard out. my husband is trying to fix my car and isnt sure where to start. could you help him.