Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MINI Cooper Accessories & Modifications

Comments

• Hey Lve2,
    I have a 04 Mini Cooper S and had the following changes done.
    Changed SuperCharger Pulley
    Changed AirFilter to an open one
    Changed Exhaust system to Borla
    Adjusted Electronic

I have little bit over 200 horses now. My work was done by HELIX Mini Sport.

http://www.helix13.com/html/products/products.php?h=m

Cheers,
    Mike
  • Im not sure about all that with the valve thing, but I think your car is going to throw major faults. Look into a smaller diameter blower pulley.
  • lestradelestrade Posts: 10
    are you happy with the euro armrest?
    all the others are very expensive
    mossmini web site says installation is easy, is that the truth?
  • fritz5--
    Could you tell me how much each of those cost?
    I'm thinking of at least going Borla on exhaust. Not sure about other things. I'm not entirely sure how much it would cost to change to a Borla exhast, either. Thanks.
  • It's surprising that the dealership doesn't advise you to get an alarm. People want these cars.

I just got my convertible top ripped by some jealous person.

I got an alarm two days later. I got it at the dealership. They gave me the price of $650. however, when I dropped of the car, they stated that it cost 800 dollars.

I got upset and it only brought the price down to $750. (BMW of towson--not too happy with their service)

The service guy didn't even show me how it works. I had to find him.

Then he states that when I lock it, it starts the alarm. Then I unlock it, the alarm disengages.

HOwever, I complained to the dealership that the alarm doesn't work (CAN YOU BELIEVE IT!)

Then they said, "Oops. We forgot the LED flashing light that goes on the turning signal. please come in.). It took 10 mintues for it to be fixed.

Then the repair guy actually came by and explained it to me.

It takes the computer 10-15 minutes to "read" what's in the car. If someone reaches in to get something and the weight distribution changes, the alarm sets off.

it just doesn't help when you're a woman. . .

I was being screwed over without the sex. . . explain that to me. . .
  • Isabellamini ~

Sorry to hear your misfortunes. I just took ownership of my brand new MINI nearly 3 weeks ago (Moritz MINI in TX). I was charged $495 to have the alarm installed, and I've had no problems with it so far (hopefully it'll keep working... I've tested it a few times). Mine activates right away just as soon as a door or window is opened. I was given the original "turn signal" arm to keep as a souvenir.
  • I have a 2006 Cooper with run flats and got the insurance when I bought the car. Glad I did because I got a flat and insurance paid full replacement cost ($250).

I too was wondering about getting a bra. No chips yet but lots of bugs here in NC. Anyone have any experience with the bra made by MINI vs other companies? Problems with scratching the paint? Could I leave it on all summer in the heat and only remove it in the winter when bugs aren't so plentiful?
  • bodble2bodble2 Posts: 4,519
    Sorry for the late reply (I guess neither one of us follow this thread closely!! :blush:) But since I last posted we have leased a MINI, and have negotiated a MINI alarm to be included at 1/2 price (about $300 if I recall). It's basically the standard-issue BMW alarm and it's worked great! It sounds like the same setup as yours, comlete with the big red LED on the turn-signal stalk. However, there appears to be one difference (probably because yours is the convertible). Ours has a motion sensor that senses motion, rather than weight shifts, inside the car. But it reacts almost instantly.

Cheers!
  • tiff_ctiff_c Posts: 531
    I too was wondering about getting a bra. No chips yet but lots of bugs here in NC. Anyone have any experience with the bra made by MINI vs other companies? Problems with scratching the paint? Could I leave it on all summer in the heat and only remove it in the winter when bugs aren't so plentiful?

You should try using Bounce fabric softening sheets, just wipe the front end of the car with the sheet, then wipe the bugs off with another sheet, they come right off with no drama. It works great and is real cheap since bounce is in most peoples homes already. I use it now and would never ruin my car with a bra. The bra will give you two tome paint and it'll look ugly. Just use the Bounce sheets and when you wash the car after it's dry remember to rub the sheet back on it again. Really works!
  • Thanks! I'll try it.
  • tiff_ctiff_c Posts: 531
    Thanks! I'll try it.

Be sure to use Bounce BEFORE you go out driving as it makes removal easier since the bugs will come off easier. If you use it afterwards only it's not much help. Wipe it on then after driving, wipe it off, then wash and repeat.
    Hope it helps
  • pgguypgguy Posts: 9
    Should receive my 2008 Cooper S convertible in about one week. Want info on replacing run flat 17's with a more comfortable tire and selling the run flats that the car will come with. Any info much appreciated
  • I've just ordered a MCS with a sunroof and have been reading the various opinions about them from past threads. I live in Austin, TX, so I will likely need to tint the roof glass and perhaps use an aftermarket sunshade in the summer. The San Antonio dealer also mentioned a customer who found a company that created a second layer of fabric that they attached by velcro to the stock sunroof shade and that retracts right along with the shade. What I'm wondering about now are the comments from some who mention sunroof seals cracking or leaking. Has anyone actually experienced this with Minis or is this just a general concern about sunroofs?
    received my 2008 S convertible 3 weeks ago. Unfortunately, yesterday it was towed to the dealer. A "belt" in the engine disintegrated and couldn't be driven. Anyone hear about problems with supercharged engine belts? Thanks
  • I have an 07 and put sirius in it. Connected to Aux input. works great.
  • morgan5morgan5 Posts: 13
    I'm thinking about switching from run-flats to regular tires on my '06 S when the time comes. I have heard that the car rides a little smoother and handles a little better with regular tires. To compensate for the lack of a spare, I see there are compact kits which contain a can of tire sealant and a small compressor that gets power from the lighter. Has anyone had experience switching from run-flats to regular tires on an S? If so, do you recommend others doing it?
    I have an 08 S convertible with 5000 miles. Just put on a set of Avon 205-45-17 non run flats. I haven't yet noticed a significant difference in ride quality or noise reduction. I first tried Goodyear non run flats and they rode harder than the run flats that came with the car. I still have the Goodyear run flats that came with the car with 5000 miles on them if anyone is interested.
    Anyone have any info on when new convertible will be available and configuration of top?
  • ticatica Posts: 64
    Hi
    I have a red mini with white roof (2007). My lease is up and I ordered another red one with a red roof (2008) that is not here yet. I was thinking about getting white strips on the hood. However, I know that most people only have stripes to match the roof. Will white stripes and a red roof look funny?

thanks for feedback..
  • busirisbusiris Posts: 3,443
    I have a red mini with white roof (2007). My lease is up and I ordered another red one with a red roof (2008) that is not here yet. I was thinking about getting white strips on the hood. However, I know that most people only have stripes to match the roof. Will white stripes and a red roof look funny?

Can't say about a red top, but my wife has a red Mini convertible with white stripes and black top, and it looks great!