Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chrysler Town & Country and Dodge Grand Caravan 2005+

Comments

• ctdriverctdriver Posts: 5
    That's a great price. I'm looking for a similar SXT here in Connecticut.Few with the side curtain air bags. Found a linien gold on one dealer's on line inventory with the bags, power lift gate, 6 disc cd player and pedals. List for $29175. TMV with the $2500 rebate at 24,675 plus tax. Would also like the rear parking assist- have it on our 03 Explorer- but those don't seem to be available. Looked two weeks ago for that combination. Dealer said he could order one but it would take 12 weeks.
    Almost bought a Nissan Quest SL with it-parking assist and side air curtains but had second thoughts about buying another minivan. Also Quest does not have split third row seat. However after this weekend decided to reconsider buying a van.
    Will see if dealer can install the rear assist. Keep us posted on how well the dealer installed item works.
  • aidens_dadaidens_dad Posts: 2
    All seats slope a little, so your butt's a bit lower than your knees. On the stow and go seats it seemed much more pronounced.

But, since no one else seems to have noticed at all I can only assume we're seeing things ...feeling things.

We're just going to have to bring a carseat to the dealer and see what happens.

Thanks for the comments.
  • marine2marine2 Posts: 1,155
    "All seats slope a little, so your butt's a bit lower than your knees. On the stow and go seats it seemed much more pronounced."

I see what you mean. I took my level out and tried it on the front and middle seats.
    They both seem to have the same amount of slope to them. Check it out.
  • mrl859mrl859 Posts: 168
    The eight way power right front seat is now four way. The seat is now fixed at a very high position. Anyone have a solution?????
  • fish8fish8 Posts: 2,282
    I wanted to let everyone know the deal I got on a new T & C '05 Touring model. Here's a breakdown of all options:

Leather Package
    DVD Entertainment
    Side curtain air bags
    Sirius satellite
    In Dash 6 CD player
    Power ajustable pedals
    removable cenetr front seat console

ALL FOR $23,735

I am just trying to determine if this is drive out or if it will include tax, tag and title. Either way it is KILLER deal. I just couldn't justify a Sienna with the same options.

:D
    You make me feel like I got robbed on my 2005 DGC. Good going, that was a fantastic deal.
  • njeraldnjerald Posts: 688
    Bad switch more than likely. Remove and check continuity between pins as it shows in the Service Manual.

You don't have the service manuals? Buy them on EBAY or from Chrysler or take your van to the dealer.

If it isn't the switch or a connection, I hope you are under warranty. The power seat track is not a repairable item and is only serviced by replacement!!!!!!!
    Thanks!! As long as your comfortable with your deal...then be happy. To be honest, I have no idea how this dealer is doing this deal. I am going in tomorrow morning to buy the car and am sort of ready for the "catch". I got quotes from about 5 other dealers and they ALL laughed and said if that is the deal I got, then go for it. They said there was no way to match the price. :shades:
  • mrl859mrl859 Posts: 168
    You misunderstand. Chrysler removed that function. The gears and associated pieces aren't on there. This is the design. The problem is it sucks. Just wondering if anyone has modified one to a lower position or actually re-engineered it to move up and down.
  • tamu2002tamu2002 Posts: 758
    I test drove an SXT Grand Caravan yesterday. My overall impression was good. My biggest complaint is the seat position is too high for me. I'm 5-8, even at its lowest position I had a hard time reaching the gas pedal. My wife is shorter so it'll be more difficult for her. Adjustable pedals now seem to be a must have for us, as well as the side airbags. The second row head room is very limited even for a short person like me. The van has a comfortable ride and handles ok. The engine is generally quiet but gets quite loud under full throttle acceleration. In comparison, the Odyssey is barely audible, and the Chevy Uplander is even louder than the caravan. Power seems to be lacking a bit as the engine frequently revs to redline to keep up moderate speeds.

Pricewise, the dealer wouldn't go lower than invoice minus rebates. Judging by the outrageous deals I see on these boards, apparantly one can do better than that. We'll see what real offers we'll get when we buy in a month.
  • lammypielammypie Posts: 3
    Bought a 05 T&C Touring w/Signature Series pkg for $26,150 del'd plus 5% MA tax in April with following options:

Leather
    Sunroof
    DVD Entertainment
    6 disk in-dash CD/DVD Changer
    Navigation

Hope it helps others determine if they're getting a good deal.

I have 2200 miles on it and have 1 problem dealer couldn't find. When I fill up and try to "top off" to round off the cents, it'll gas tank overfills if I try to put any more than $0.15. Does this happen to other 05 T&C owners?
    I test drove an SXT Grand Caravan yesterday. My overall impression was good. My biggest complaint is the seat position is too high for me. I'm 5-8, even at its lowest position I had a hard time reaching the gas pedal. My wife is shorter so it'll be more difficult for her. Adjustable pedals now seem to be a must have for us, as well as the side airbags. The second row head room is very limited even for a short person like me. The van has a comfortable ride and handles ok. The engine is generally quiet but gets quite loud under full throttle acceleration. In comparison, the Odyssey is barely audible, and the Chevy Uplander is even louder than the caravan. Power seems to be lacking a bit as the engine frequently revs to redline to keep up moderate speeds.

I was surprised to hear you say the seat sits to high in the DGC. I bought an SXT with power seat back in Dec. I am only 5' 6" with a 27"inseam and I have no problem reaching the peddles at all and mine are not adjustable. As a matter of fact, I find the seats in the DGC very comfortable.

I also don't mind the sound of the engine under full power. It gives a sound and feel of power.

As for head room in the second row seats, I find it has plenty for us. I also had a friend sit back there on a trip to Tucson and he never complained of head or leg room. He might have with leg room if I didn't have my seat up forward as he is 5'11".But I'm short so it gives the second row a lot more leg room.

But if you are finding that much fault with the Dodge and you haven't bought it yet.I would suggest you buy something else you'll like right from the start. I have had mine five months now and I couldn't be happier.
  • badgerfanbadgerfan Posts: 1,565
    I too find it difficult to believe anyone 5-8 would have trouble adjusting the driver's seat to reach the pedals and would have problems with headroom in the second row. I suggest you just are not taking advantage of moving the seat forward as well as down so the pedals are within reach.

Rear seat headroom in all minivans is very generous, so how someone your height could have headroom problems is hard to imagine.

We have a 1996 Caravan without the benefit of a power seat and I at 5'7" and my wife at 5'4" have never had an issue with reaching the pedals.

The overall interior dimensions haven't changed much from the 1996 to the current vans, so it boggles the mind that this could be an issue with anyone.

At 82,000 miles our 1996 SE Sport with the 3.3 V-6 runs and rides just as nice as when it was new. Only when really jumping on the gas do you even hear much from the engine. At normal accelerating rates and at freeway speeds it is very quiet.
    You guys might be right that I probably didn't move the seat close to the steering wheel enough. But I'd like to stay at a comfortable distance away from the airbag. When I sat with my back fully against the seat, It was difficult to floor the gas pedal, for normal acceleration it was ok. I had to lean forward a bit to floor it. My wife is 5-2 and I can imagine she will have a hard time for just normal driving. That said, after adjusting the pedals she said the driving position felt perfect. Too bad she didn't test drive that particular one. We had an SXT as a rental for 2 weeks, and my wife loved the versatility. She's really wanting to get a Grand Caravan. Another possibility is maybe the default pedal position is higher in a van not equipped with the adjustable pedals. That could explain the discrepancy.

As far as the second row head room, when I sat up straight my head hit the curved part of the door/roof, which was the real culprit and not the height of the roof. The 3rd row was not a problem as it was far enough from the side.

I'm glad you guys enjoy your vans, I hope they'll continue to serve you well. I'll let you know what we'll end up getting. Cheers.
  • dennisctcdennisctc Posts: 1,168
    If it makes you feel any better, the airbags are dual stage, meaning they "explode" in proportion to the accident. So don't be afraid of getting close to it.

Wooo Hooo too!!! I just spent Saturday detailing my SXT..wheels, underhood, door jams and all!! it looks like new (well, it only has 3600 miles on it :)
  • hansiennahansienna Posts: 2,312
    I am 5' 8" and my wife is 5' 0" and each of us can adjust the manually adjustable driver's seat in our 2002 T&C LX so we can be very comfortable. Our son in law is over 6' tall and he has sat in the 2nd row bucket seats and 3rd row seat and has had plenty of head room in any of the seats.
    Maybe the Stow-N-Go seats do not have the head and leg room of the regular DC minivans.
    I went out last month and bought some gold pin stripe for my SXT van. It wasn't hard to put on at all and it really made it stand out nice.
    Can someone please tell me if this is normal?

We just purchased a 2005 T & C and tried to put carseats in the middle set of seats. But, we could never get the shoulder belt to lock into place. When we pull the belt all the way out and wrap it through the child seat. The shoulder belt never locks as all my other cars I have owned have done. Is this normal? We had to go out and buy a seat that utilized the LATCH system. Please help!!
  • masterpaul1masterpaul1 Posts: 421
    We have a 2001 DGC EX. I sat in the 2005 DGC with the stow & go seats and noticed that you have less head room when walking from the front seats to the back of the van. I believe the reason is the floor is a little higher inside to accomodate the storage bins for the stow & go seats. Also, you have to be careful not to bump your head on the overhead rail system too. (I am 5' 7" by the way.) The stow & go seats are very neat and convenient, but I prefer the second row captain chairs and 50/50 third row bench. It's not often that the seats need to be removed in our van. If we need the extra space, we can tumble the seats forward or just fold the seat back forward in both rows to lay things on top of the seats. Are seats are very versatile. We can change the seats around in both the second and third row, which you can't do in any other minivan as far as I am aware. :shades:
    Hi fish8, could you tell me how much you ended up paying for your T&C? Thanks.
    Our seat belts don't lock either in our 2001 DGC EX or 1998 Pontiac Sunfire. I believe this to be normal. usually the seat belt locks when in an accident or when the brakes are applied. As for the car seat in the second row. We have a car seat in the second row of our minivan and use the seat belt to keep it secure. Your seat belt consist of a lap belt and shoulder belt. You have to make sure that after you loop the seat belt through the back of the car seat, you remove all the slack from the seat belt, by pulling on the shoulder part of the seat belt to make the lap part of the seat belt tight. Also, make sure to use your weight in the car seat while doing this. This way it will be tight and the car seat will not move side to side or back and forward very easily. We have four kids and each one has used two or more different car seats. I have installed all of them in the vechicles we have now and in my older vechicles: 1977 Ford LTD II and 1986 Lincoln Town Car. Good luck. :shades:
    Thanks for the reply master!!!
  • jtheronjtheron Posts: 24
    lammypie
    we have a 04 T&C and experience the same fill up problem when trying to top off the tank, now we just stop when it stops and have an odd dollar amount, small problem, if it even is one, on an otherwise nice van
  • SylviaSylvia Posts: 1,636
    Were moved to the Chrysler Town & Country Prices Paid & Buying Experiences discussion.

Thanks!
    I need some expert opinions:

So, My wife's T & C only has about 250 miles on it. She calls me yesterday and tells me her brakes are making a grabbing noise when she's coming to a stop. I get home from work and drive it. All sounds normal. I do hear a noise when you come to a stop and the brakes "grab" to rotors. It sort of sounds like when I wash the cars and you use the brakes for the first time afterwards. It sounds normal to me. I figured it was because the pads need breaking in and with some more miles they would seat better. I called the service department and they said if she is concerned, then bring it in and they will drive with me.

Does this sound normal for new breaks or shoudl I get it looked at?
    Usually, it takes about 300 miles or so to brake in new pads. My guess is that they are still in the brake in period, but it never hurts to have them checked out. Remember, when ever in doubt have it checked out. :shades:
  • tomtomtomtomtomtom Posts: 491
    Some seatbelts would lock when you do a quick pull (like having an accident). However, I believe most car seats come with a piece of metal called "Locking Clip" see below links. You can also buy that metal piece from Babies R Us or other places that sell car seat.

http://home.earthlink.net/~carseatsite/lockingclips.htm
    Thanks TomTom
    Hi ahzoo, I'm curious to know if you ended up buying this van. And if you did, what was the final price? This price seemed to be lower than invoice minus rebates. How could the dealer do that? Thanks!
    Yesterday I got a chance to sit in a previous model Grand Caravan and found the head room to be a lot more generous than the current stow-n-go model. This one didn't have side airbags, so I don't know it's the airbag taking up the space or the stow-n-go seats. Comments?