Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Toyota Highlander Hybrid

Comments

• Bummer. We have this on our Benz and it's a nice feature.
  • joep0000joep0000 Posts: 11
    When is the 2007 Highlander Hybrid expected to be in dealer showrooms? Thanks
  • Karen_CMKaren_CM Posts: 5,016
    A national newspaper is looking to interview consumers who have decided to purchase a fuel-efficient car, such as a hybrid or a subcompact car, versus buying a pickup truck. Please send an e-mail to ctalati@edmunds.com no later than Wednesday, August 9, 2006 by 2:30 PM PT/5:30 PM ET containing your daytime contact information and what car you purchased and what pickup truck you were considering buying.

Community Manager If you have any questions or concerns about the Forums, send me an email, karen@edmunds.com, or click on my screen name to send a personal message.

• landdriverlanddriver Posts: 607
    When is the 2007 Highlander Hybrid expected to be in dealer showrooms? Thanks

Historically non-hybrid HLs have arrived in the September timeframe; according to the Toyota build schedule in kdhspyder's post the HH will arrive in October. :)
  • Historically non-hybrid HLs have arrived in the September timeframe; according to the Toyota build schedule in kdhspyder's post the HH will arrive in October.

FYI, the federal tax credit is cut in half for HHs purchased after September 30th.
  • terry92270terry92270 Posts: 1,247
    Assuming it isn't extended/increased, as before..... ;)
  • Of course, but there are no guarantees. My state, Virginia, is already starting to scale back the hybrid incentives, like HOV restrictions.
  • was offered free pinstriping on my new 2006 HH Limited. Has anyone done this? How does it look?
    FYI - Mine is Bluestone Metalic.

I really like the looks of the HH and do not want to detract from it, but if anyone has pictures, that would be great!

Thanks.
  • terryp2terryp2 Posts: 9
    My HH is also Bluestone Metallic with An Almond Pinstripe; looks great.

However, the greatest appearance addition I just had done was the addition of Running Boards. This should be standard.

Terry
  • kdhspyderkdhspyder Posts: 7,160
    Agreed. We added the chrome step bars and they just set off the relatively plain exterior look. My wife wanted the hood deflector and the wind deflector for the sunroof to dress it all up.
  • pdx35pdx35 Posts: 3
    Anyone know of any good photos of Highlanders with the running boards or chrome tube steps installed? I'm thinking of buy a new Hihy with these, but I'd like to see some pics first.

Thanks
    On the Toyota site, there are several pictures of Highlander with running boards, and steps.

Check out the options page, and use the highlitghted links to see pics as well.
  • kullenbergkullenberg Posts: 283
    All the steps and running boards do is get your clothes filthy in the winter. :mad:
    Not if you are careful, as I am sure your Mama told you to be. :P

And remember, if you are not 6', and especially for the ladies, it makes it much easier to get in!
  • peraltaperalta Posts: 94
    It felt like a down grade compared to a cheap hyundai elantra that I used to drive which has a trip computer with average MPG display.

My sienna's trip computer also has average MPG. But what in the world is toyota thinking about not offering average MPG in the highlander's trip computer????

I got my highlander hybrid today (base 4WD) excited to see how the average MPG compares to my sienna and the previous hyundai elantra, only to find out that there is none.

A real disappointment.

Toyota, wake up!!!!
  • Do you have the NAV system? It diffenately has the Ave mpg.
  • Almond? What color is your interior. Mine is grey.

Anyway you can provide a picture? I believe that is some help on how to attach a digital picture.

Thanks
  • landdriverlanddriver Posts: 607
    Also post the pics in the Toyota Highlander Owners: Photo Gallery discussion -- see post 32 for a HL with pinstripes.
    I don't have the NAV.
    Mine is base HiHy 4WD, no options.
    Build date, 10/05.
    No average MPG option on the MFD (supposed to be the fifth cycle on the MFD buttton?).

Is there a computer upgrade for this?
  • jslatejslate Posts: 25
    I have the Limited version that has that feature. I believe there is a tool that you can buy that gives you all sorts of diagnostic information including MPG. Check the old messages for the name.

Jim
  • newski3newski3 Posts: 42
    I have the HH Limited w/Nav. Of course the Nav has the Average MPG readout. But, I also have an AVG MPG readout in the info displayed under the Speedometer. All I have to do is push the button there until the Average MPG cycles up. My assumption is that the Base model also has this under-the-speedometer readout???
  • mroczkamroczka Posts: 11
    Has anyone, had that clip replaced. I heard about this recall 2 weeks ago, that some clip could fall down from the dashboard and could possibly cause an accident. As I understand it, that owners of (HH ) are to be notified ? Has anyone had this done? Frank
  • PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Pennsylvania Furnace, PAPosts: 5,895
    Still in the process of sliding the furniture around ;) and breaking out more focused dicussions fromthese big one. The latest one here is the Highlander Hybrid: Driving Tips & Tricks discussion. If you have perfromance tips for getting the most out of the THH, that's the place to share them!

Need help navigating? pf_flyer@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• deserthhdeserthh Posts: 11
    I have not received any type of notice from Toyota. I have examined and pulled-apart these panels next to the accelerator pedal. The blind plastic fastners are pretty typical and seem to have a good grip. I'm not worried about them at all, and will have them serviced the next time I bring-in my HH.
    Mine did not have an average MPG display. It is an early production base model (non-limited), non-nav highlander hybrid 4WD.

I bought a new version of scangauge (scangauge ll). Here's what I found.

Trip #1:
    highlander hybrid = 28 MPG
    wife's 2000 elantra = 27 MPG (exact same route)

Trip #2: HiHY = 33
    Trip #3 = HiHY = 38
    Trip #4 = HIHY = 35

Not bad for a beginer hybrid driver with less than 200 miles on the odo.

The good thing about the scangauge ll (aside from many features) is that at the current ave MPG setting, it resets everytime you turn the car on so it invites you to beat your last trip's mileage.

Mark
  • sbgirlsbgirl Posts: 22
    I got a notice last week. I'll have to look at it more closely but basically it was to replace the clip that hold the floor mat in place on the driver's side. My oil change is due so I'll get it done soon. But I had also heard of another recall due to a trim that can become loose.
  • mario89mario89 Posts: 1
    I am in the process of buying a Highlander Hybrid Limited. I am so disappointed it does not include bluetooth. Has anyone checked into having it installed? Am I making a mistake buying this SUV? I am nervous now. :confuse:
    Are you serious :confuse:

Let me assure you that nice as Bluetooth is, it certainly isn't something to base a decision to buy a car on.

I get along nicely, very nicely, with my Verizon RAZR phone with Bluetooth headset. If that is how you decide to buy a car, then I would say yes, you most likely are making a mistake. ;)
  • nomorebenznomorebenz Posts: 109
    You can always get it's cousin the 400h if you need Bluetooth. They even throw in a rear view camera & HID's for the extra 10,000.