Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mazda3 Maintenance & Repair

Comments

• brodie2brodie2 Posts: 32
    Use the search button on this site to seach "stalling" I'm sure that will give you enough research to provide to your dealership. Perhaps they haven't given your car back because they can duplicate the problem but don't know how to fix it. That's what happened to my car. They had it over nearly a month at one point.
  • dc_driverdc_driver Posts: 712
    "That's what happened to my car. They had it over nearly a month at one point."

In VA, if the car is at the dealership for service for a total of 30 calendar days or more the first year you own it, it is considered a :lemon:

Clarissa, check your states lemon laws. At some point, you may have a case. The fact that the car is stalling makes it even more serious...
  • anybody getting rust on their wheels? i have an 05 2.3L with 17 inch wheels. i only drive it half the week. after leaving it for a few days outside, i would always see a rust-like substance on the rotors. when i apply the brakes after moving, there would be a grinding noise for a few seconds. car only has 9000 miles. and, the wheels are definitely rusted already. i thought it was brake dust at first, but can't wash it off and it feels sandy to the touch.
  • prdmprdm Posts: 145
    Relax, happens to everybody. Rotors are cast iron and rust readily. Pay attention next time you wash the car. Hose the brakes and come back 10 minutes later. You will see rust forming on the rotors. Looks awful but is not a problem.
  • lowd0wnlowd0wn Posts: 3
    HI,
    I just recently purchased a Mazda 3 as well and love it!! It is about 6 months old and I have recently found that when I turn right ( right only) I get a squeeking or a rubbing noise coming from what seems to be the left front area of the car. It happened mostly after I have driven for awhile. I slow for the corner by braking and then take my foot off the brake and turn right and the sqeeking or rubbing happens. Not everytime but quite often. I have taken it into Mazda and they have replaced the brake pads and scuffed the rotors(I think they said) but when I got the car back it is still doing it.
    I would appreciate help from anyone on this!!
    Thanks
    Rudy
  • mscafmscaf Posts: 5
    hey, i'm not really worried about this, but does anyone else experience a thud from the tranny when shifting out of 1st? I have a 2006 2.3 w/man trans and it sounds like (not all the time) a rock is hitting underneath my car when i shift from 1st to 2nd only sometimes, and usually under harder accel (between 3-4k rpm). Just wondering if anyone had this too.
  • hmm, never noticed it on any of my other cars. ok, what about the rusting of the wheels? all 4 of them have some sort of deposit on them. i definitely don't have that on my other car, nor any of the cars i've had before.
  • nifty56nifty56 Posts: 279
    Are you talking about rust on the rims? at the center hub?
    No, they checked for that. It only happens after the car has warmed up for awhile. And only on a right hand turn. I have had it twice into Mazda and they can't find anything??
    Thanks
    In Canada - there is a bulletin on this problem. My car had it - tell your dealership - it's an easy fix.
  • mpg60mpg60 Posts: 71
    what actually is the problem? I have noticed this as well, but not all the time.
  • clarissaclarissa Posts: 10
    Hey DC... so it's now the 25th and they still have my car. It will be 2 weeks. The service guy said they still can't duplicate the problem. They actually had the Mazda people down to look at the car, too. No one could find anything. They've already put 150 miles on the car, trying to find a problem. One of the senior techs took the car home last night. They're supposed to call me today with some sort of answer, especially because I still have a loaner car from their lot. What do you think my options are? Who should I contact next? I'm over Mazda already! :lemon:
    First of all, I would wait to see what Mazda says. It sounds like they are really trying to duplicate your issue and at least you have a loaner car (cannot tell you how many times VW left me stranded with no loaner). If their explanation and solution to your problem is not acceptable, I would talk to the general manager and explain (as professionally and calmly as possible) the issues. It is pretty easy to get emotional and upset in these types of issues, I have found that people tend to treat you nice if you treat them nice..

Second, I would review the lemon law in your state and see what your options are. Every state is different.. Like I mentioned, in VA, we have several laws here to protect consumers, one being if the dealer has the car for a period of 30 or more calendar days within one year of purchase, the car is considered a lemon.

Third, document everything! If you do have to consult with a lemon law attorney, they will need all the proper documentation. Also, I would becareful using the term "lemon law" with the car dealer. Once you use that term, they may stop cooperating with you..

Search around the Internet for your states laws. If you qualify, you will most likely need to consult an attorney. Sorry to hear about your problem...
    Thanks DC... you are a gem!
  • dridedride Posts: 139
    Your situation totally sucks. Let us know what turns out. As much as you are cursing Mazda, I went through a similar problem with a VW, the dealer could not replicate the problem I was having (stalling). At the end of the ordeal, I still had a new car that was junk AND a $160.00 rental car fee for driving a rental Jetta for a week. I agree with DC, when you talk to these dealership people be cool and calm.
    They just called and said that I could go and pick up my car. He said they had an updated version of some crap, and that it seemed the problem was fixed (mind you, they could not find the "problem" up until last night). So my guess is that they have no idea what the "problem" was, and decided to just give it back, as they are tired of me drive their loaner. I'm confused and a bit mad. It's because I'm a girl, I'm sure. I will never buy a Mazda again. :confuse:
  • mscafmscaf Posts: 5
    hey brodie2 thanks i'll check into that on my next service...mike
    At least they updated something.. If your car stalls again, talk to the general manager and explain your situation. Like the previous post mentioned, all I ever got from VW was a fat rental car bill...

That said, it is your new car and you should be driving it.. Is there another nearby Mazda dealership in your area? Reason I ask is that some dealerships service department are more competent than others.

I hope your issue is resolved (although I too am skeptical that they could fix a problem they could never replicate).
    thanks!! So far the dealer hasn't been able to fix it. I just got it back again yesterday and so far so good!! I am keeping my fingers crossed.
    Appreciate the help.
    What was the update? I would love to know what it was because I suffered from the same problem and they replaced all kinds of parts - all which were unsuccessful - love to know if they tried something different with your car.
  • ex_tdierex_tdier Posts: 275
    Funny thing about these PCM updates (I call them firmware updates) is that two different dealers in the same town can have completely different info on the update. I have one dealer that says he has received an email from Mazda about a new upcoming update but it's not out yet. At another dealer they havent even heard of it, or at least are not admitting to it unless they have received official news about it...perhaps they dont want to say anything cuz things may change from the time the email they receive andd the time the update actually arrives.
  • rorrrorr Posts: 3,630
    Yep.

Photos and a video link here:

http://www.adn.com/news/alaska/story/8002862p-7895933c.html

Now I'm wondering how many Speed3's may have been on board...
  • mdaffronmdaffron Posts: 4,421
    Guess I won't be watching the video, not with them wanting my phone number and household income (along with about 20 other needlessly personal questions) to "register".

Meade
    That's weird.

The first time I went to the Anchorage News website, I went straight to the news story with no registration. And now when I tried to go back, I get that stupid registration page.

Sorry about that. :blush:
  • dagmar3dagmar3 Posts: 8
    Try this link:
    http://www.theautochannel.com/news/2006/07/26/016069.html

Why couldn't this ship have carried something useless, like the Honda Ridgeline? :cry:
  • chyv1083chyv1083 Posts: 7
    After much debate between the two halves of my brain I am still in a dillema. I like both the civic and the mazda 3 hatch.

1. For mazda owners, how reliable is the car?

2. I wanted to get the same features and options the civic ex has into the mazda 3 hatch, so I was thinkin the S Touring (AT) with only the moonroof package(for now). After calculating this on mazda's site it comes to a little over 20k (not too bad for all the options and safety features i guess).

3.If any of you own this type of setup listed above, how much did you end up paying?

4. I guess in the longrun the mazda is a couple thou cheaper? :) *oh no minor venting period ahead*: Since the CA amongst other dealers think its an excellent idea to markup the civic with rediculus numbers-23,999+tax+tags+emissions+docfees+whatever else they can think of tacking on the OTDP- I can understand a little bit of a markup but yuck.) I dunno anymore :cry:

5. I really love the hatch, and can't stand regular trunks(you can fit so much more) but I like the civic ex.

well i guess my whole point is i need some guidance or something. Have a good day everyone :shades: .
    Well, that link is all fine and dandy, but the earlier link had a series of photo and a video shot from a Coast Guard helo.

Kinda interesting seeing a container ship that big lying over one it's side but apparently still floating just fine (at last reports..... :surprise: ).
  • sunsh05sunsh05 Posts: 8
    ... well, on my 3s. Someone threw an egg on the back of my car and it dried quickly (weather was hot and sunny). After spending much time at the car wash, the pieces and dribbles of dried egg are gone, however, it appears to have damaged the finish because you can still see where it was. Any thoughts/suggestions as to what to try next?? Thanks!
  • mcswinemcswine Posts: 30
    Make sure you drive the Mazda on a hot day to make sure the A/C is cold enough for you.