Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Finding and Fixing a Speed Hole - 2015 Ford Mustang GT Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited December 2015 in Ford
imageFinding and Fixing a Speed Hole - 2015 Ford Mustang GT Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.com finds and fixes some damage to the underside of its long-term 2015 Ford Mustang GT.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    longtimelurkerlongtimelurker Member Posts: 455
    And all of the times the car has been up on a lift lately nobody noticed that.

This is why I do my own work...I care enough to look for stuff like this.
  • Options
    tlangnesstlangness Member Posts: 123
    Could've easily gotten the speed hole after the work was done.
  • Options
    subytrojansubytrojan Member Posts: 120
    Excellent Simpsons reference! You win the Internet for today.
  • Options
    defyant15defyant15 Member Posts: 74
    One of the many reasons I dont like to lower my cars. OTOH, no one seems to make a decent performance/handling spring set that does not lower the car (or lowers it no more than an inch). The FRPP kit you all have is the least aggressive ride height wise.

Side note - did you all shave the FRPP bumpstops? I heard folks mentioning that the car rides off them if not shaved.
  • Options
    longtimelurkerlongtimelurker Member Posts: 455
    tlangness said:

Could've easily gotten the speed hole after the work was done.

"It seems to have been like this for a bit, looking at how the rubber has been grounded away." Depends upon what he meant by "for a bit," I guess.
  • Options
    5vzfe5vzfe Member Posts: 161
    These posts aren't like Facebook or Twitter status updates, they don't happen in real time, nor are they always posted while the author has the keys at the time. I'm just pointing out that as readers, we don't always have a good time reference of when mods are made or when damage is done.