Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and Earlier - Mazda3 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Karen@EdmundsKaren@Edmunds Posts: 5,028
edited January 30 in Mazda
Share your Mazda 3 purchase experience here.

Karen-Edmunds Community Manager

Comments

• flatsoflatso Posts: 24
    Dealer in North Jersey is offering Mazda 3 for 100 over invoice. Is that a good deal?
  • mazda6smazda6s Posts: 1,901
    What are they going to add on after they give you the great price?
  • flatsoflatso Posts: 24
    not sure what you mean by added on features but I want to get everything except the navigation system. 160hp engine and AT's. There is not a very high markup on these cars of course I know the dealers get money back from Mazda but I may wait because I think I can get under invoice just like I did on my RX-8.
    What I meant was, some dealers like to offer a great price then add on extra fees to get the price back up. Get their "out the door" price.
  • If you can get it for $100 over without them already including any graduate or other special discounts in that price, it would be an OUTSTANDING deal.

Below invoice on an RX-8? Pray tell how did you ever manage that??!!
  • waygrabowwaygrabow Posts: 209
    I just bought a titanium gray Mazda3 S. I contacted the internet manager who said they would sell any Mazda3 for $500 over invoice. When I walked into the dealership, he handed me the keys to a new Mazda3 (without even checking any ID) with a full gas tank and told me to take it for the day, or overnight if I wished. He also located the exact car (color, options) I wanted (at a different dealership) and traded them to get it within two days. The final paperwork and price was just what he had said- $500 over invoice.

For a new car design, only available for a few weeks with excellent initial reviews, I don't consider that an excessive price. Being treated professionally, without having to wade through all the BS, is worth something also.
  • nne3jxcnne3jxc Posts: 134
    I had a flawless experience at Talarico Mazda in Manchester, NH. I called them, drove it and asked about price. They said, "$500 over invoice." I said, "Ok, I'll think about it." Came back the next day, and tried to see if they'd move on price, but no. So on Dec 17, I signed the paperwork. It was $500 over invoice to the penny. All in all, it's a good price -- I've seen many new cars go for $1000 plus over invoice.
    I have a "Winning Blue" 3s Sedan with Automatic and the moonroof/6 cd changer option.
    I wouldn't have minded getting the ABS package, but they didn't have any sedans in stock with it. (Sorry kids, but the 5-door screams "station wagon" to me.)

Jim
  • So, what do y'all think of service contracts (extended warranty)? Are they to be avoided at all costs? I kind of went along with it but I'm feeling a little bit leary. I believe I have 60 days from the time of the contract to cancel, maybe it's just thirty.
    If it's not a Mazda extended warranty, cancel it and get the Mazda product. You have until the standard warranty expires to decide if you want to buy the Mazda extended warranty.
    I agree with mazda6s. The Mazda warrantee is 5 years, 60000 miles. Why pay for more than that until you find out if the car is:
    A) reliability challenged
    or
    B) hideously expensive to repair.

The extended warrantee may not be a manufacturer plan, but run buy a 3rd party that will (probably) do everything they can to avoid paying for your repairs. They often don't cover some of the trickier systems, and have loop-holes to avoid others. For instance, on my Oldsmobile Aurora the extended warrantee didn't cover a traction control system failure because it shared some components with the ABS system. (The ABS system was specifically excluded.)

So my opinion is don't worry about the extended plan. Inside of 60,000 miles, you'll know if the car is a problem or not.
    Actually the standard Mazda warranty is 4 years or 50000 miles.
    Doh!
    You're right. But still, an owner should/probably will know by then whether the car has maintenance issues or not.

Jim
  • We paid $15,800 for a 3i with the power/16" alloy package as well as A/C. That's about $700 over invoice, and I was more than happy to pay that amount. That was the price before the $500 loyalty bonus.

I could almost certainly have gone lower, but I saw Edmunds TMV and offered $100 less than that. I'm not really concerned that I could have gotten it for a few hundred less though...they gave me a pretty sweet 3.34% 60-month financing deal as well, and I'm optimistic that we'll enjoy the car tremendously (it's for my wife).

The sales experience was great at Russel Mazda near Baltimore. Nearly pressure-free all around, and the whole purchase took about an hour. We test drove the car, went home to think about it, and phoned in the offer a while later. They called back and accepted the offer shortly, and now my Miata has a nice sibling to share the garage with. :)
  • I am looking a buying the Mazda3 Sport GT and I am wondering what Canadians have paid
  • I paid $200 over invoice for my Titanium Mazda3 S sedan with ABS, Automatic, and Sport package.

Internet buying is a great convenience, but it pays to go in and negotiate face-to-face!

It might also be beneficial to buy now, before non-enthusiasts realize the value of the 3 and start flooding the lots. Dealerships are evidently selling this close to invoice now because it is too early to tell what the market will bear. Perhaps it will end up selling at MSRP soon, like the New Beetle and did during its launch.
  • I have pretty much decided to get the 3, but I'm just curious as to whether I should wait for president's day weekend and hope for a big sale or should I just buy sooner? Any suggestions?
  • or maybe not.

USA demand may go up or it may not by then. Why not try to make a deal now, and if it's not (in your opinion) good enough, you then have the luxury of waiting to try again later?

Deals in this country seem very reasonable, i.e., within $700 of invoice.

of course, if you're waiting for rebates or something, that's a variable that's difficult to predict. I woudn't expect any, if ever, until fall.
  • lmp180psulmp180psu Posts: 393
    There is a $500 rebate available until I think the end of March. But not 3.9% financing( at least in my area - PA)
  • where are you buying from for your mazda 3? I want to get one at or near invoice, but so far i haven't gotten such good deals, I'm from central NJ too, you mentioned it was a dealer in Northern NJ, could you tell me the name of the dealership? (email is kentalot@yahoo.com) thanks
  • Hi ya,

I was wondering if anyony was lucky enough to get a Mazda 3 hatchback somewhere below invoice price in the Philadelphia area. If you did, can you please tell me where in the philadelphia area. thank you.