Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and Earlier - Mazda3 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• you mean $1500-$1800 off msrp right? becasue that would put you around $15,000 for the vehicle plus fees, of course.
  • I have a question, if the vehicle is an 08 would they consider the 0% financing? or it just was for the month of August.
  • Yes off the MSRP. My quote from Riverside Mazda for a Mazda 3i touring value was $16,279 for the 2008.5 and $16,679 for the 2009. We bought the 2009 because they didn't have the metro gray in the 2008.5. I think the MSRP was $18,515, so that was $1,836 off the MSRP.
  • I believe it was a promotion for August. Also if you choose the 0% financing, they usually don't give you the best discount off the car.
  • I think I see the same thing. The only difference between the 08 and 09 is about $750 for an 09. (hatchback sport)
  • I'm trying to see if i can get it for at least 18,500
  • Last month we test drove seven models in this class of car. Settling on the 3, I requested internet quotes from seven So. CA dealerships using Edmunds and Yahoo Autos. I was asking for '08s, but the best price came back on an '09 from Browning Mazda in Cerritos (no 08s left). I didn't have a trade, so I was negotiating on color & price.

Before going to the dealership I asked for the VIN and an itemized out the door quote. I've found that an itemized OTD is important so you can be sure that they don't try to add advertising and other fees to get the price back up. For example, the rep at Alhambra came back with a lower base quote on an '08 but his OTD price was $700 higher. He was also very resistant to giving me a written itemized quote and got a little emotional when I told him thanks but no thanks.

Anyway, we arrived at the the dealership for an inspection and test drive at 6:10 and were out of F&I with our new 3 by 8:00. The guys at Browning were top notch. Best auto buying experience ever. I may have to upgrade our second car to the new 6.

Date Purchased: September 23, 2008
    Sticker: $18,515.00
    Internet Quote: $16,699 +DMV,tax (8.25%) and doc fees.
    OTD price paid: $18,369.00
    No trade, but I put 4K down - financed $14369 w/ Cap One at 5.6%
  • I am about to buy one car. I am considering two models so far.

One is VW Rabbit 4D, the other one is Mazda 3 5D.

I got the invoices from dealers and also had test drive for them. Does anyone can check for me which one is good deal?

Thanks

1. VW Rabbit S 4D

Spec: Auto Transmission / Alloy wheel/ Sunroof/Sirius radio/Carpet mats

Invoice: 20,300.

2.Mazda3 5D Sport

Spec:Auto Transmission / Alloy wheel/ Sirius radio/Carpet mats

Invoice:18,760

I don't know how to make the choice, does anyone can help me?

Any feedback, suggestion or idea will be appreciated.
  • I have a quote for $23,555+ttl for a mazdaspeed GT. NO NAVI what you guys think. Im in Socal
  • vronvron Posts: 1
    2008 Mazda 3 iTouring Value Auto
    Internet Quote: $14,900 with TTL

2008 Mazda 3 5 Door
    Internet Quote: $18,000 with TTL

What do you guys think?

Thanks
  • enxagaenxaga Posts: 30
    I bought mine Sport, manual, 5dr., 09. $19,169 otd --- Metropolitan gray
    I think this is a good price ;)
  • kfdtkfdt Posts: 1
    I'm in St Louis, MO. I have an offer for 09 Mazda3 i sport
    for $15500 OTD. Should I take it?
    I don't know if I should push to $15100 ,

Many thanx
  • Paid $16,000 OTD plus NJ 7% tax (about $1,100) and DMV fees (about $300) for a total purchase price of $17,400. Car was brand new but had 230 miles on it from test drives and transport.
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Posts: 10,890
    A reporter from a national newspaper would like to speak to consumers who have downsized their vehicle in the past year . If you moved from a larger vehicle to a smaller one, please respond to ctalati@edmunds.com with your daytime phone number by Thursday, October 16.

Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• hey,i am getting this car for 17,800 OTD price..is it good?or should i look and haggle more??
  • It depends on what kind the transmission you choose.

That's a good deal if it is a auto model, not manual.
  • its AT..with the basic feature set
  • Autobarn in Evanston, IL - as above, new 'True Red' '07 w/ 47 miles on teh odo. Sticker - $18145 + $990 in dealer accessories. We settled on $14,800 + tax, title, fees, for a total out the door (OTD) price of $16,331 o 9/29. Got new plates.

Very smooth transaction. A couple of small issues arose over the first weekend, and after sale service has been excellent (no fuss, no muss, no charge).

I highly recommend Autobarn for Mazda. (They sell Nissan & VW, too, and I expect their processes are the same for all their makes.) I am not connected to Autobarn except as a customer.

PB
  • Anyone had any good deals on this lately. Looking to get either 08.5 or 09 S Touring for under 19.5K total with tax and everything. Is this realistic?
  • You should be able to find one.

I am in New England and I just bought an 08.5 Grand Touring 5 door manual w bose/moonroof for 19500 purchase price, 20700 OTD.

I think I did pretty well, judging by Edmunds' price indicators.
  • Houston,TX
    Scored one 08 I tr VE, OTD 15400, standard options.
  • ylzylz Posts: 45
    Hello all. I am purchasing a new Mazda 3 5-door and have a few questions. I really want the factory installed navigation in my car so does anyone know how it works? I know the graphics may be a little outdated but as long as it works effectively, that's what I want. Secondly, I was thinking about purchasing a cold air intake to give my car more power but how will it affect my gas mileage. I mean am I gonna sacrifice 2mpg or more? And the third issue I had was I was thinking about putting the spoiler from the Masdaspeed 3 on my Mazda 3. But my friend says that will also affect my gas mileage a little. Cmon! I mean how much heavier is the other spoiler. And lastly, should I get it in black or metroplolitan grey? Both gorgeous colors. Thanks!
  • jfritschjfritsch Posts: 958
    If you are worried about 0.25mpg from a spoiler... what are you buying a mazda3 for? The corolla will go 35mpg hwy. .... some of the small roller skates (aveo,yaris,versa,xD,Fit,Rio,Accent) will go 33mpg for about $11-15k.

Getting a little OCD here. Your foot will be the biggest problem ;)

Good luck
    --jjf

had was I was thinking about putting the spoiler from the Masdaspeed 3 on my Mazda 3. But my friend says that will also affect my gas mileage a little. Cmon! I mean how much heavier is the other spoiler.

Hello all. I am purchasing a new Mazda 3 5-door and have a few questions. I really want the factory installed navigation in my car so does anyone know how it works? I know the graphics may be a little outdated but as long as it works effectively, that's what I want. Secondly, I was thinking about purchasing a cold air intake to give my car more power but how will it affect my gas mileage. I mean am I gonna sacrifice 2mpg or more? And the third issue I had was I was thinking about putting the spoiler from the Masdaspeed 3 on my Mazda 3. But my friend says that will also affect my gas mileage a little. Cmon! I mean how much heavier is the other spoiler. And lastly, should I get it in black or metroplolitan grey? Both gorgeous colors. Thanks!
  • ellaaellaa Posts: 5
    :) Just bought a new 2008 and a half Mazda 3 s Touring hatchback automatic for 18.5K OTD! Easy decision, positive negotiating and buying experience, Wayne Mazda in NJ.
  • offer 15000+TTL, should I accept or not
  • this is $3500 below MSRP, is it good or not
  • It's a good deal for the price. Why do not get the 2009 model?
  • 2008 Mazda 3 iTouring Value Auto
    Internet Quote: $14,900 with TTL

2008 Mazda 3 5 Door
    Internet Quote: $18,000 with TTL

If I were you, I will go over 2009 hatchback model. Its quality is more reliable than sedan.
  • Is there any possible to buy a retractable key for Mazda3?

The picture is below and how about the cost?

• ellaaellaa Posts: 5
    I chose to go with the 2008.5 because I knew I could get a better deal than on an 09. Not much diffs between 08.5 and 09, so didn't matter to me. There are 08, 08.5 and 09s on most lots in my area. The 2010 is coming soon, they want to sell these, so if you can stand your ground you should get a decent deal on any of them IMO.