Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and Earlier - Mazda3 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• orca3orca3 Posts: 11
    Viz - The reason your stereo says"code" is because when you disconnect the battery in alot of Hondas with theft proof stereos it puts them in "nontheft mode".
    If you have the serial # to stereo you can contact Honda through dealer and get
    the "push button" code to reset stereo. Just going through same with my CRV
    which just had new battery put in - wish Sears would have told me this before,
    now I have to pull stereo out to see the serial#. Love my CRV and my
    Mazdaspeed3 both!
  • ylzylz Posts: 45
    Where do I find the serial number to my stereo? Do I also have to take out my stereo to see this? Or can I just call my dealer and they will have it?
  • Today bought an '09 Copper Red S Touring HB, manual + $240 in options. OTD for $18,441. (Taxes are 6% in PA.) We're pleased. Ray Price in Stroudsburg, PA. Also shopped at VW-Mazda in Lehigh Valley. Didn't like their negotiating strategies. Not straight-forward. Scott Mazda in Allentown also offered price comparable to Ray Price.
  • kle1kle1 Posts: 8
    Here's a list of where you should look in order:

1. Check glove compartment for a sticker, if there is one with 6 digits on it, that's it! Just enter that in.
    2. Check your paperwork from when you got the car, it might be in there, look for a white sticker with numbers on it.
    3. Call up the dealership you got the car from and provide them with the VIN to your car, although they might make you come down to verify that you're the owner.
    4. Get the serial from behind the radio, this requires taking stuff apart.

Your headlight is an easy fix, should be able to just change the bulb, probably 8-12 bucks at walmart.

Get a new battery and sell the car on your own.

And like the person above said, if you're going for 0%, don't put any money down, stick the 5k into an interest yielding savings account and take money out of there each month to make up the difference.
  • salem66salem66 Posts: 10
    Regarding putting 0% down. I am by no means a financial expert, but look at this:

Let's assume an OTD price of $19,500 and the 0% financing for 36 months:

0% down - $541.67/mo
    5K down - $402.78/mo

A difference of approx $139/mo.

If you took that $5000 and put it in an account making 1.5% and withdrew the extra $139/mo for the higher payment, you would have roughly $120 left over at the end of the loan. Certainly not much over 3 years, but it shows that there really is no sense putting anything down if you can hold to a budget and NOT touch that account except for the car payment.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 28,475
    As long as you are doing the math...

You'll have to pay taxes on the 1.5% you are earning... That will knock the return down to around 1%..

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• kle1kle1 Posts: 8
    Color: Black Mica/Black
    Optional Equipment: Rear Bumper Guard, Wheel Locks and Carpet Floor Mats
    MSRP: 19,095
    Offer: 17.5k + TTL

This is in southern california, is this a fair price?

I was hoping for 18k OTD with 0 down 0% 36 months = 500 a month payment. Or is my demand unreasonable?
    From what I have seen for Mazda's post- Jan 5th rebate program, taking their financing pulls about $1000 off the rebate table. Someone please correct me if I am wrong.

You don't give a tax rate, so I'll assume mine (6.75). I just bought a 5-spd Touring HB and, if we compare what we each "saved" off our respective MSRPs, I saved about $997 more than you - again, I had to estimate a few things (title work, etc), but it shouldn't be that far off. That's right in line with expected additional $1000 in rebates when you refuse their financing.

So, if I got a good deal ( I am pleased with it), then your sport at 18K OTD with Mazda financing is good deal and your demand is not out of line.

In order to really figure it out, you'd have to give your tax rate .. and the invoice wouldn't hurt.
  • jfritschjfritsch Posts: 958
    It doesn't make any sense to put substantial money down with 0%. If you pay 19000 for the car and put 16000 down for example, and skip a 1000 rebate for 0% you've got almost no dealer incentive. (you're financing 3000 at 0)

This goes double if you have poor/mediocre credit and they are still offering 0%.

good luck
    --jjf

Regarding putting 0% down. I am by no means a financial expert, but look at this:

Let's assume an OTD price of $19,500 and the 0% financing for 36 months:

0% down - $541.67/mo
    5K down - $402.78/mo

A difference of approx $139/mo.

If you took that $5000 and put it in an account making 1.5% and withdrew the extra $139/mo for the higher payment, you would have roughly $120 left over at the end of the loan. Certainly not much over 3 years, but it shows that there really is no sense putting anything down if you can hold to a budget and NOT touch that account except for the car payment.
  • We are buying a 2009 Mazda 3 HB Touring, 5spd manual, with all-weather floor mats, cargo tray, and door guards MSRP $20,023 for $17,071 + Taxes, Tags and Title (Conventiona financing). We are in Pennsylvania. Mazda now has a $1500 incentive with conventional financing.
  • ylzylz Posts: 45
    Ok so I went to one of the mazda dealerships today I have been dealing with. I was looking for a 2009 Grand Touring HB in Metro Grey and they had one there. The guy showed me that invoice on that car was $22,740. Options include: carpet floor mats, compass auto mirror, rear bumper guard, moonroof/bose package, and some other small things. He was willing to give me $5500 for my 2001 Honda CRV (trade in) and I would have to finance $17240. Now the deal is 0% financing for 3 years which (after tax) came to $508 a month for 3 years. Is this a good deal or am I being robbed here? Any input would help. Thanks.
  • Mazda is now offering $1500 rebate if you don't need to finance. Our deal was $1500 off invoice less $200 for touring hatchback.
  • I just bought a new 2008 Mazda3 Silver Grand Touring 5-speed manual with moonroof/6-disk changer/Bose for $18,500 + TTL at Roger Beasley Mazda in Austin, TX this afternoon. Negotiated down from $23,095 sticker - $2000 Mazda cash back - $500 customer loyalty. Is this a pretty good deal? I don't see how it can't be with nearly $4600 from sticker (though there were about $500 in BS options like pinstriping, etc.). I love the leather seats and Bose.
  • ecoganecogan Posts: 26
    I just bought and picked up (1/24/09) a 2009 Mazda3 Grand Touring Hatchback. Love the car, and the ride. Also feel like I got good deal ($21,500, with moonroof/CD Bose package). However, as I am driving it home , the tire sensor light went on, and it was checked by the dealer. (Returned twice in the same day.) They said that temperature changes may have something to do with it. The light goes on and off, without any rhyme or reason. I've checked the tires' pressure and all 4 are at spec level. Returning the car for service first thing tomorrow. Has anyone experienced this? Thank you. :(
    Big - sounds like a great deal. I just paid $21,500 for the same exact car, with auto transmission. Nice job!
    Ylz - trade-ins are usually a bad deal for the consumer. However, selling the car privately can be a hassle, and dealers do have to rehab cars or send them to auction, so they can make a profile on the trade. However, Hondas usually keep their value pretty well, so your trade in # may not be too shabby. Good luck!
  • I just bought a 2009 Mazda3 S touring 4-door Auto in the Bay Area for
    $16,250 then add on $670 dest and TTL with OTD price around $18,500.
  • ecnelovecnelov Posts: 10
    ecogan -

Your $21,500 was for a HB Grand Touring Auto with Moonroof/6CD? I'm assuming that's OTD?

I'm currently shopping around for a HB Touring with Moonroof and I got an offer of $19,400 + TTL, which in PA comes out to $20,700...

With the prices I see on here I feel like I am getting ripped off by about $1000.

What does anyone think?
    ECNLOV - The $21,500 did not include tax or tags. It was an auto transm, though. It sounds to me like you are getting a very good deal. I get the sense some of these prices are a bit deflated (perhaps some boasting about "negotiating ability".) I negotiated for a full week with 5 different dealers, and $21,500 was the best I could do. I do get an extended powertrain warranty (in addition to the 36K / 36 mo) for 8 yrs or 100K miles.

Don't drive yourself nuts~ $19,400 + TTL seems good to me.

Good luck!

PS - by the way, have you tried Pacifico or Sussman in Phila area? I went with my local (South Jersey) dealer for convenience, and fact they matched my lowest quote, gave me 1.9% for 60 mnths, plus the extended warranty.
  • Not "boasting" at all... actually, I kind of felt like I could possibly have done better since the '10 redesign is coming out soon (outgoing models take a big depreciation hit at that point). But I guess it seems like the perfect time to buy with the $2,000 cash back (and if you own another Mazda, $500 customer loyalty). If you can still get the '08 with options you like, it is the time to act. I keep my vehicles for about 10 years, so resale is not much of an issue for me. Just trying to be helpful!
    Big - not suggesting you were boasting at all. As an aside, I wish I had waited a couple of months to get the 2009 since the 2010s are coming soon, A bit of impulse buying, but my wife loved the car, and I secretly bought it for her as a graduation present. I also think I paid a few extra dollars to have the convenience of servicing the car nearby. All in all, I am very happy with the car, just a bit ticked off by the way the ever-so-friendly salesmen scurried away when I brought the car back the same day that I bought it, for the second time, when the tire pressure sensor light kept on going on. Enough said... Zoom Zoom... I guess time will tell.
    Well it's good to hear some outside opinions about the offer I was given. I did contact some of the other dealers in the area to see if they could get it down any lower. We'll see today.

Regarding waiting for the 2010's to get a 2009 - I was talking with the sales manager about them and they know that the majority of folks out there like the look of the current generation better. Not to mention that the 2010's will be more expensive (I don't know by how much). So, I don't think waiting for the 2010's will benefit anyone more than the cash back they are offering now.
    ecogan -

How much was your extended warranty? I commute from Reading, PA to Ambler (just north of Philly) so I'll be putting about 100 miles a day on the car. That'll burn through the standard warranty pretty quickly.
    "I'm currently shopping around for a HB Touring with Moonroof and I got an offer of $19,400 + TTL, which in PA comes out to $20,700... "

Ecnelov -

You don't say whether or not you plan to use their 0% financing. You also don't mention 5spd or auto. If you use their financing, that usually adds about $1000 to the price. If you want an auto, add in for that (not sure of the cost).

I got out the door (no financing) w/ a manual HB Touring w/Moonroof and $400 in other options for $18.8. You're looking at 2K more than that. Assuming auto, that still has you way over 1K. Subtract for their financing and I'd bet they are still $400 to $500 too high.

Good luck!
    salem - yes, auto.

And I am using their conventional financing with comes along with $1500 cash back. In the end I will be adding $400-500 in options, so I'm imagining my OTD price around $21k.
    The extended (power train) warranty of 100K or 8 years was free. Bought at Maple Shade Mazda (NJ), but the hook is that all servicing must be done there. Probably too far for you... Other dealers may have similar deals, though. Good luck.
    That's a pretty good deal if I can get it out of my local dealership. Thanks for the help. I'll be getting the car tonight so I'll let you know how it goes.
    Good luck. And, be careful about any add-ons they will try to sell you. You can do much better outside of the dealership. These are things such as "VIN etching"; tire protection; GAP insurance (you can probably do better with your own auto insurer); rust protection, etc. Also, see if they have a special program for loyal customers, such as free oil changes (every 7,500 miles or 6 months) for the life of the car. Dealers are pretty desperate right now (even Mazda...) and will be competing against other car manufacturers that are rolling out pretty good deals in February. Take care, and good luck.
  • j70j70 Posts: 6
    if you don't mind sharing kle1, which specific dealer did you get this in? I'm looking to head out this weekend to buy one if the deal's worth the taking.
    So I was able to negotiate them down to $18,500 + tax and tag on a 2009 Copper Red, Black interior, Auto S Touring HB with moonroof. I'm having them install the remote starter, auto-dimming mirror w/ compass, bumper step guards, all-weather floor mats, and cargo tray. The accessories w/ install comes to just under an additional $1000, which is a little more than MSRP because they weren't factory installed.

They had to ship the car in from another dealer to get a Copper Red w/ black interior for me, so after agreeing to the terms Monday night, I have to wait until Thursday or Friday for them to get it and install my options. We haven't agreed to a loan % yet, but I have been pre-approved for a 60 mo. loan at 4.89% by Bank of America, so the only thing they can do is beat it.

Total price with Options, tax, and tag will come to about $20,700

For anyone in PA, the dealership is Tom Masano in Reading and they have been very nice and not pushy at all. I'd highly recommend them.