Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and Earlier - Mazda3 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• You were able to get a College Rebate? Was that from Mazda or from the dealer you worked with? I was informed that Mazda does not offer a College Rebate at this time.

Could you let me know how much the rebate was for? Thanks!
  • aviboy97aviboy97 Posts: 3,159
    was informed that Mazda does not offer a College Rebate at this time.

Correct, there is no such rebate issued from Mazda. Actually, there are no incentives, rebates of any kind for the Mazda3 issued by MNAO.
  • msp1986msp1986 Posts: 7
    No I had no trade-in. Yeah we thought it was a good deal and looked for hidden incentives, but we couldn't find any. I guess they really needed to sell a car. It was a Friday at the end of the month in May.
  • afwejiafweji Posts: 8
    The $500 I got off will be (hopefully) a rebate check sent from Mazda. According to the form I filled out, the last day of the incentive was June 30. They required a form be filled out and sent with a most recent grade report.

Are you guys in California? The car was bought from a dealer in the Bay Area. Maybe it varies by state or certain geographic regions? I'm not sure. Hopefully the rebate does come...the dealer and finance people said there was a rebate. If not, I have paperwork to prove it. Hope this helps!
    I'm in the North East. I guess it could vary from region to region. If there is a college grad rebate, it sure is not in the North East.

Thats also weird that the dead line was June 30th, because last months programs and rebates ended July 5th. Unless there was something special about your region.

Are you sure this was not a dealer rebate?
  • slateracslaterac Posts: 85
    I just wanted to let you all know that I bought the mazda 3 i touring, sunroof, abs side airbags, wheel locks, cargo net, auto dimming mirror with compass for 16,300 otd after my trade in of 2000. I love this car. I got the nordic green mica with the tan interior. I love the color and haven't seen one on the road like mine, which was a reason for getting that color. I've driven about 350 miles so far and I'm getting between 26-30 mpg. Thanks for all your help everyone and I'll be sure to post to help the next person looking for a car like I was.

Sincerely,

slaterac.
    Congrads on your new Mazda. I'm sure you will be very happy with it. It's a great car and fun to drive.

After a few fill up's, you will start to notice better gas mileage.
  • slateracslaterac Posts: 85
    Yeah I know it will get better but I don't think it's that bad right now. I can tell in the city that the gas is used up a little faster but that may just be me getting used to driving the car. I'm filling it up today and I think I got an average of about 26-27 mpg on the first tank, which was a lot of beach driving over the fourth of july holiday.

slaterac.
  • It must vary from region to region because I am in the Midwest and was informed that there was no such thing as a college grad rebate.

Congrats to you on being able to utilize that, wish I could have! But I can't complain because I ended up with the Mazda 6 for 3500 under invoice and a few extras added on. I'm now looking at the Mazda 3 for my parents, so hopefully they will be driving in style soon!
  • alpsiealpsie Posts: 6
    I got quoted $19,000 (7% sales tax area)out of the door for
    Mazda 3 i touring AT with
    1. sunroof + 6 cd changer package and
    2. ABS package

What do you think??
  • afwejiafweji Posts: 8
    I'm sure it's not a dealer rebate. The paperwork is from Mazda itself. Has anyone else around these forums gotten the college incentive? Over here in the bay it's been advertised weekly in the car ads (although it is over right now). From the form I have, it says the incentive ended on June 30th. Anyway I'm kinda interested in knowing if this was regional or not.
  • recently got mazda3 i touring manual with sunroof and side airbag for 16,100 plus tax title. Hope that helps!
  • audia8qaudia8q Posts: 3,138
    so your saying they lost $500-1000 (depending on the region) to sell you a car?
    Are you questioning me?

yes
  • sorry the price was 16,040 not 16,100 you were right I was off on the price, jack***.
  • allfiredupallfiredup Posts: 736
    There is a $500 college graduate rebate offer thru Mazda, but it is only for 'select cities'. That stinks. The main purpose of the college grad incentives is to establish some brand loyalty amongst young, first time buyers.
    I'm still trying to figure out why a dealer would want to lose money on a car that sells without any incentives....just doesn't make sense.
  • allfiredupallfiredup Posts: 736
    I bought it back in December, so I'm sure that accounts for some of the discount I managed to negotiate. My car stickered for $18,100 and the driveout price was $16,000 exactly. That was after a $500 Mazda Zoom Zoom coupon that I had and didn't include sales tax. I had to go to Knoxville TN (from Atlanta) to get the deal I wanted on the exact car I wanted. IT was worth it though. I paid $875 sales tax here in Georgia, so my driveout was actually $16,875.

I got the 3 s Touring 5-door, 5-speed manual, Titanium Gray, no options. I got the Touring because I wanted the side airbags. Since the 5-door has the 17" wheels standard, they air bags are actually the only things the Touring model adds to the standard 's'.

Anyway, for under $17k out the door I got an amazing car. After 16 years of driving, this is my first non-Honda/Acura vehicle and I couldn't be happier with it.

Kinda wish I'd sprung for the sunroof/6CD changer though.
  • maybe they have something going on, I dont know bud. All I know that is the price we agreed on. We have worked out the itemized list of costs. my tax and title and fees came out to 1100 something plus 16,000, I think the out the door was about 17,200. I have the exact sticker to the car listing all of its options. If they try to screw me it will be hard to do so, should I put a down payment on it?
    We did alot of college grad incentives before mazda pulled the program. As you mentioned they are testing a new program but nothing national yet. Most of the grads purchased the Mazda3 and based on the 3 sales they are buying it anyway...so I guess mazda didn't think the extra incentive would drive additional sales....

I would like to see it return nationally. It helped us make some deals.