Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and Earlier - Mazda3 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• dakennydakenny Posts: 7
    I figured out the Preferred Buyer's Card. If you call Mazda directly, to their Customer Assistance Representative (1-800-222-5500) also on their MazdaUSA.com website, you can ask them. They have a limited number of cards, which are useful only for a new car.

Ask them and they will send you the card, $500 off :D
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Posts: 10,902
    A reporter is looking to hear from current car-shoppers by 5pm Pacific on May 18, 2009. Please send to jfallon@edmunds.com your daytime contact info and a few sentences about the impressions of the marketplace in relation to the dramatic news surrounding the auto industry.
    Thanks,
    Jeannine Fallon
    Corporate Communications

Edmunds.com

Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• herbench21herbench21 Posts: 6
    I've been in contact with 2 dealerships and asked for quotes and OTD quotes and these are what they gave me. This is my first time purchasing a brand new car so I want to make sure I'm doing things correctly.

2009 model with Moonroof: TMV $22 423 and Invoice $22 439
    1st Dealership: $21 462.84; haven't replied on OTD
    2nd Dealership: $22 762.00; OTD $24 987.00

2010 model with Moonroof ONLY: TMV $23 934 and Invoice $22 749
    1st Dealership: They don't have this in stock
    2nd Dealership: $22 986.00; OTD $24 765.00

2010 model with Moonroof AND Tech: TMV $25 009 and Invoice $23 777
    1st Dealership: $25 149; haven't replied on OTD
    2nd Dealership: They don't have this in stock

Do you think these are good prices? What else should I ask in order to get a fair or better deal? Also, the reason why the 2010 model is cheaper is because of their Memorial Day Special.

Any thoughts?
  • mars168mars168 Posts: 10
    What will be Memorial Day special? I am looking for almost same as you, and I talked with MAZDAUSA, they said there is no special from the manufacturer, maybe it is dealer specific.
    I heard you might get quote for below invoice, + TTL
    I'm not sure what their Memorial Day special is...that's all the internet salesman said. You can get quote for under invoice? for how much? what's TTL?
    There's a pre-owned 2008 Mazda 3 Grand Touring HB Auto with Moonroof with 18K for $19 995 in the color that I want. Is that a good price?
  • zar1zar1 Posts: 24
    Purchased a 2010 GT HB Auto w/Tech & Moonroof package, auto dim/Homelink mirror, locking lugs, cargo net and rear bumper guard a couple weeks ago for $650 below dealer invoice. Note: Currently in southern California you need to add $150 to the dealer invoice shown on Edmunds to account for mandatory regional ad charge by Mazda to dealers to cover their extensive TV campaign. Was able to get quotes at invoice from dealers almost everywhere between north LA county to San Diego. Used $500 Preferred Buyers Card mentioned in earlier posts and Chase's 2.9% financing. All dealers are hungry so if you live in southern California or other areas with lots of dealers you shouldn't have to pay any more than invoice. Zoom zoom!
    That's a zoom zoom buy! :) How much was your OTD if you don't mind me asking. We travel enough times to San Diego and maybe we should look there...but if the OTD here is cheaper than the OTD over there then maybe i should just get it here.
  • steven39steven39 Posts: 636
    anyone know what i should be paying for this car down here in sou fla.2010 mazda 3 i touring auto..msrp on the cars that iv'e looked at are 19,200.00 and edmunds invoice price is $17,180.00.
    Just bought it tonight, worked my butt off for this deal.

Got it for 18,000 OTD, (paid 16,500 :surprise: with preferred buyer's card and 1,000 trade in)

Has spoiler, fog lights, and chrome gas door. Like I said, worked really hard...

In Maryland, had gotten quotes for 18,200 OTD with no options, but worked this last dealer down.

good luck to everyone... Zoom Zoom! :D
  • zar1zar1 Posts: 24
    I don't recall the OTD and would have to hunt down the paperwork but the fees and taxes won't vary based on where you purchase, but rather by where you are domiciled. All dealers in California to my knowledge charge the same $55 doc. fee. Likewise, tire disposal fees are mandated statewide. Sales tax will vary by county and in some cases as in SD county, by city and again is based on where you live, not where you purchase. Total DMV fees can be calculated in advance easily by using the Vehicle Registration Fee Calculator at dmv.ca.gov. Using these tools and Edmunds invoice pricing, you can calculate your OTD for any vehicle with any option combo you choose. Good luck!
    my problem is... i dont know how to "work hard". What did you have to do to get that deal?
  • vubearvubear Posts: 1
    hello waygrabow i've been looking into the mazda 3 HB in seattle wa, and this would be my first time buying a car the
    invoice-$18,756.00
    retail- $20,030.00
    Ive been to a few places already to get quotes

one dealership is does costco auto program does invoice plus $400
    the other is willing to match other dealerships even this one
    so the price they gave me is $20,999.00 with a $500 rebate knocks that down to $20,499.00 after taxes $157.75 gov, then $2,057.90 makes it

about $22,714.65 then they say they would losing -$202

and im sorry my scenario isn't welly detailed out im just wondering is that a decent price or should i just keep on bargaining with them
    I contacted about 8 dealerships via email, through edmunds. I got quotes from each of them, then contacted the two best ones. I made it clear I was shopping between the two, and wanted the very best Out the Door price they could give me.

Be sure to get the Out the Door price, base price for car can be augmented too many ways to list.

I had gone to another dealer and they made it clear they would match or beat any other offers I had gotten. I took the best OTD quote from the other dealers. That was my starting point in the negotiation with this dealer. It so happened that they made a mistake and gave me a quote in response that was amazing... what I paid in the end. They reversed and said they couldn't do that, I got mad and made noise. Talked to the owner of the dealership and he made it work so that I could pay what they gave me the great quote for.

All in, it took about 2 weeks from start to finish, although I have been at it since early March, you could do it in 2 weeks I suppose.

Also be sure to get the Preferred Buyer's Card, I mentioned it in earlier posts.

Good luck herbench and everyone else. By the way, been driving my car all over and I LOVE it
  • baccus49baccus49 Posts: 60
    Red with the moonroof package.

The dealer was doing a Memorial day $500 customer cash.

$22,100 plus TTL.
    I am in MD too, looking for hatchback, can you share where you got your deal?

Thanks
  • chirayu18chirayu18 Posts: 3
    Does anyone know what the rebates/incentives will be for June 2009? I am trying to decide if I should wait or not on buying a 2009 Mazda3 i Touring Value.
    Thank you very much for the tip!

I got OTD quotes from 2 dealerships here in LV... 1 gave me a really low quote for 2010 GT HB A...lower than the 2009. So i told the other dealership that and he told me that they actually own all Mazda dealerships in LV...and the quote that was given to me was for another car. Not for the car I wanted. He said that sometimes, some salesman would quote you on another model car to get you in the lot. How unfortunate is that?! I'm giving the "honest" guy the benefit of the doubt but I also started asking quotes around SoCal area, so we'll see what happens. We will be going to SD next weekend and one of the cars that I saw is in National City. Hopefully they will be honest with me.

Thanks again for your help!

Hopefully by next week, I'll be Zoom Zooming like you :)
  • pbh20pbh20 Posts: 1
    I'm trying to find a 2009 i touring manual sedan, but I can't find any close to where I live. Do you guys know if I can find one at another dealer and have them ship it to my local dealer? Would I go through my local dealer or would I have to talk to the other dealer to buy the car?
    Thanks.
  • scdelanscdelan Posts: 10
    Good luck finding one. Last I heard there were like 9 left on the entire east coast. And that was a couple weeks ago. You can try searching dealer inventory on the Mazda website but I doubt you'll find one at this point in time.

If you're looking at getting an 09 you really just have to look at inventory now. If there's a few in your area you could probably wait until the 1st to see if there's any new specials. But if inventory is like 1-2 cars you might not have the benefit of time.
  • igozoomzoomigozoomzoom Waleska, GeorgiaPosts: 796
    Use the 'Search Inventory' link on Mazda's website, which will search up to 250 miles from the ZIP Code entered, then filter it down to "2009 MZ3 i Touring Value 4-door Manual". There are 16 within 250 miles of my Atlanta ZIP.

You will likely get the best deal from the dealer who has the vehicle. If you involve your local dealer, it only makes sense that they'll want to make a profit for playing 'middle-man'.
  • metsjetsmetsjets Posts: 12
    Like i said, I am looking for a 2010 Mazda3 4 door, i touring.
    I want only 2 options installed... these would be the remote engine start and fog lights....
    What do you guys think my chances of getting the car with only these two options are
    Also... I am probably going to be buying in mid august.... do you think there will be and incentives such as cash to customer or anything else like that??
    What do you think a good price for me to expect would be??
    Thanks
    I got two quotes from dealers on the Western side, Castle Mazda in Silver Spring and Congressional Mazda in Rockville. They both quoted me at 18200 plus or minus $50.

I got my deal from Preston Mazda on the Eastern Shore, in Preson MD.

Good luck!

Still zooooming...
  • steven39steven39 Posts: 636
    was that $18,200.00 the otd price?? if it isn't your paying too much..invoice for a 2010 mazda 3 i touring with manual tranny is about 17,000.00 or a little under that.
    I have not contacted the preston, will give a try.

BTW, Fizmall claims they can price match, and after I asked their sales, they seems fall into silence. Do you have any experience with them?

I do not like Thomson.
    Both of those (fog lights & remote start) are dealer-installed accessories. If you find an i Touring that in your color choice with no options, the dealer can add those two items. FYI- the remote start is only available with Automatic Transmission (just in case you didn't know).

The price for Fog Lights- $350 retail
    and Remote Engine Start- $300 retail plus installation....

You can always add these items after you've negotiated the deal on the car, too...
    I've been pleasantly surprised that the majority of 5-door Sport models in my area have the Moonroof/6CD/Bose option. A few even have the Technology Package (which I don't want), but it's interesting that it's not a Grand Touring model exclusive.

I've been quoted $21,150 (plus TTL) for a 2010 MZ3 5-door Sport with AT and Moonroof/Bose/6CD. That's $518 over invoice and $945 off MSRP. I get a feeling that they'll put some cash (or marketing support) on these in a month or two....thoughts?
    18,200 is OTD price
    I am happy with it. :D
  • metsjetsmetsjets Posts: 12
    Yes i am planning on getting automatic

Do you have any idea of what i should pay for this car OTD when both remote start and fog lights are installed (I am in northern NJ) Thank you very much