Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and Earlier - Mazda3 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• BMW540BMW540 Posts: 33
    I have 3 quotes so far for a 2010 Sport HB with Bose and pearl paint, a $172.00 option. All are about $350.00 a month for 60 months @ 3.9% Quotes, invoice $21034.00 TX $2056.18 DMV $338.75 Doc fee $55. I also have $4500.00 in clunker cash. What do you guys think?
    Thanks BMW
  • cricket18cricket18 Posts: 8
    Bought a 2010 M3 touring AT, wheel locks, all weather mats and cargo net for $16925 + taxes + tags + $99 processing fee.
  • Here is a quote I received from a local dealership. Any input as to whether this is a good deal is appreciated. Dealer invoice on Edmunds is $20,319.00.

Choose a Vehicle Year 2010
    Manufacturer: Mazda
    Model: Mazda3 S-Sport
    Style: Sedan
    Exterior Color: Black Mica
    Interior Color: Black
    Additional Options: All Weather Floor Mats-$80

Moonroof/6-CD Bose Package-$1395

Purchase Information
    M.S.R.P. $21,685.00+Tax Title &Lic
    Your Price
    Kelley Blue Book
    Edmunds TMV 20,439.00++
    $21,765.00++
    $21,059.00++

Trade-In Information
    C.A.R.S. 1993 Toyota 4-Runner
    $4500 credit
    Price after credit= $15,939
    tax= $1386.69
    license Est- $125
    Washington Doc Fee=$50

TOTAL PRICE $17,500.69
    The Mazda 3 touring I bought was from Fitzgeral Automall. They sold it $1200 under Edmund's invoice. The price listed on their site includes freight. Which state are u from??
  • Washington State. Was it the 2010 model with AT?
    Yep. Bought the 2010 M3 i touring AT, wheel locks, all weather mats and cargo net for $16925 + taxes + tags + $99 processing ...
  • The "S" model I am looking at has the Moonroof/6-CD Bose Package; does yours have this? Best offer I got so far is $20,325. What was your total out the door cost?
    It was 17500 and change. I live in VA. Does the 20,325 inlcude the destination charge?
    Make sure you check their processing fee as well. Cause out here some dealers charge as high as $399

I know this doesn't help you but fitzgerald has an s white(which is a few hundred more than the other colors) for $19,100 which includes the destination.

http://www.fitzmall.com/fitzway/carfind/RESULTSB.ASP?V_XREFID=FCG1155724:2009-06- -24T23:15:05.640
  • Yes, $20,325.00 is OTD price.
  • lisa101lisa101 Posts: 1
    Hey, can you tell me which dealer you went to. I am currently working with casey imp. at newport nws va. iam looking to buy auto sport

mazda auto sport(no other package added)
    2009- recd 19200 out the door
    2010-recd 20800 out the door

Thanks
    They are selling it to you for under endmund's inv. which is probably a good deal
  • mn_manmn_man Posts: 1
    have you heard any comments of better deals? I am in the market for a 2010 hb sport automatic want to give me I price I should be able to negotiate?
  • How was your experience with them? I live in OH and am thinking to drive 7 hrs there. Can anyone else also share your experience with them? Wonder if it is worth it. The dealer here is willing to sell at invoice only. Thanks much!
    my experience with them was great. I negotiated the price with them prior to driving up there. I live in the DC area. I was trying to get them to come down by $200 on the price but they wouldn't move on the price. They knew they had the lowest price in the region. I went there, they had the car out there for me. I test drove it, signed the papers and I was out of there in less than 1 1/2hrs. I didn't require any financing through Mazda. The finance guy tried to sell me on the extras which I declined and he wasn't too happy about it. I guess that's where they make their money. I would check their web site, narrow down the car you want and call them. I dealt with Rob from the Annapolis location. He was very nice. That location had the car I wanted. Make sure you ask the guy you are dealing with to go out and check the car to make sure it has all the options they have listed before your drive down.

And their processing fee is $99 and the price listed on their web site includes the destination charge.

Good luck
  • sodaguysodaguy Posts: 72
    I just helped my friend purchase a new 2010 Mazda 3i Touring Automatic last Saturday. The car only had 1 mile on it!

Options included the Moonroof/BOSE package, Sirius Satellite Radio and Wheel Locks.

The MSRP was $20,975.
    We paid $18,227, out-the-door was $20,399.25.

This was in the Los Angeles, CA area. This deal was $1297 under invoice.

To those who are in the market, my advice is to shop around. These cars can be purchased for at least $1000 under invoice.
    We have looked and looked and,
    2010 Sport hatchback with Bose and Moonroof,
    $20862.00
    Tx $2039.41
    Dmv

Shopped on edmunds and their dealers, and this is it. What do you guys think?

2010 Mazda 3 Sport Hatchback with Bose and Moonroof
    20.862 = 2039.41 Tx = 307 Dmv + 55 Doc fee. Total - 23263.41. 350.00 a month for 60 months with 4500.00 in clunker cash down.
    Thanks BMW
  • metsjetsmetsjets Posts: 12
    Guys i am in NJ. Please tell me what you think is a good (car and OTD) price for.

2010 i touring
    remote start
    fogs
    wheel locks

Thank you
  • isseyvooisseyvoo Posts: 121
    Just bought a Mazda 3s Sport 5-door yesterday. Love the car, HATED the shenanigans the dealer tried to play. It was a most unpleasant buying experience. Why are these dealers allowed to sully the reputation of the manufacturers whose products they sell by acting so dishonorably? I wish state franchise didn't forbid manufacturers from selling directly, so we could clear out all these bad actors in the franchise showrooms.
  • rebes74rebes74 Posts: 1
    cricket18
    Is it true that MD sales tax is 6%, including cars? I am interested in buying from the dealer you suggested, but that seems high, compared to 3% VA tax.
    What sorts of extras were they trying to sell you on?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 31,124
    Doesn't matter, really... You pay the sales tax where you live, not where you buy the car..

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

What did you pay and with what options?
    BMW
  • go2uclago2ucla Posts: 8
    Hi Sodaguy, I am also in the market for a 2010 M3 Sport. Can you tell me the name of the dealer you got your friend's Mazda from. I am in the LA area. Thanks.
  • gman70gman70 Posts: 2
    Received $3K for a 1998 Nissan Sentra GXE with 90K miles in fair condition. Dealer was running a promotion in New Jersey. Blue Book was $1300.00 at best.

Paid $14700.00 for the 2010 Mazda 3 I Touring - Auto Tran and the OTD price including TT&L was $16,311.00. Basically, paid $4400.00 under the MSRP.
  • isseyvooisseyvoo Posts: 121
    $18,198 (plus delivery charge) 5-door sport, with no options.
    rebes74

Yes the MD state tax is 6% but you pay the tax rate of the state you reside in. I paid 3% since I live in VA.

The extras were the extended warranty program, maintenance stuff..I wasn't interested in this so didn't pay much attention to his sales pitch.
    gman70

Did the $16,311 include the $3k for trade in? If it didn't I think it's an awesome deal for an i touring
  • I'm new to this group and love that people are so willing to help! Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

Here's my deal. I actually have 2 questions.

1. I've been shopping for a 2010 Mazda 3 i Touring Auto, base trim, wheel locks and no other options. I've visited 4 showrooms and probably spent about 3-4 weeks. After all that research, today we put down $200 (advance) on the car at a showroom in MA. This is what I will be paying for it -

MSRP : $19,150
    Invoice : $17,980
    EdmundsTMV : $18,539

My Offer: $17,000 !! (about $1000 below invoice)
    Acquisition $595.00 (sounds high?)
    Registration $109.50
    Dealer Fees $295.00 (lesser than some other dealers)
    Tax $850.00
    -------------------------------------------
    OTD: $18,849!

I know the Dealer Fees sounds like a lot (and it probably has a lot of his profit built in) but he wouldn't budge on it. Since I had done some research on Edmunds, I knew this was a great price and showed interest. Infact, it was past dealer's close time and I went ahead and put $200 deposit on it since he was cribbing about not bieng able to give me this again. The deposit is refundable and quite honestly I was getting weary after 3 hours of negotiating. After I got back home, I spent another 3 hours on the net and quite honestly, I'm still not sure if this is a great deal. The apparent dishonesty of the dealers has left me constantly concerned about bieng duped.. Please Help if you've recently purchased, or are looking to purchase a similar vehicle.

2. i AM looking to lease this vehicle but for obvious reasons did not bring it up till late in my negotiations with the dealer. I'll be a first time leaser and since there's so much to know, even after lots of research hours, I'm still a little confused.

This is what the dealer had to offer on the lease:

15,000 Miles
    36 Months
    Money Factor: unfortunately, I don't remember
    Residual Value: I think it was 55%
    Trade-in: $1000
    Down Payment: $1500

Monthly Payment : $179/mo . This includes Sales Tax, Plate and registration.
    Does this sound reasonable? Is the Money Factor and Residual value consistent among dealers in a state for a particular vehicle or can they wary? I know that for the month of July 36 month / 15000 mi per year lease is .00185. The residual value is 53% of MSRP. Should I fight for this or does the low offer ($17,000) that I got seem like a good deal regardless?

I plan to go in again to sign the papers.. but you think I'm making abig mistake, pelase let me know asap!

THANKS MUCH!
  • sodaguysodaguy Posts: 72
    I am not very familiar with leases, but I have always been told to avoid putting any money down on a lease.

As for the purchase price itself, you can do better. I helped my friend pick up a 2010 Mazda 3i Touring last weekend and she paid $1300 under invoice. MSRP was $20,975, she paid $18,227.

Good luck.
  • Hi there Sunny Hokie,

I'm practically in the same boat as you are. I've been in the market for a 2010 Mazda3i Touring with automatic transmission and no extras (no wheel locks either). The lowest price that I have been able to get is $18,600 OTD. This was after being initially offered $18,900 OTD, and then $18,600. The salesman said that they could wobble an extra $50 to $100 off the price if we were ready to deal, but I get the feeling that he was probably going to try to recoup it with some imaginary fee somewhere later in the paperwork. We gave a final offer of $17,600 OTD, and after they told us that we were "wasting their time," we ended up walking away.

My price point is actually the same as yours. We were aiming for $17,000 OTD, but we haven't had much luck. Honestly, I am skeptical of whether or not it's possible to hit the $17,000 OTD price point unless you're an astute negotiator (of which, I am not). On our side, I think we might be content with under $18,000 OTD, but even then, we might just decide to wait until the end of the year or another time to buy a Mazda3.

Concerning your case, I'm sure that the dealership would have given you the same price later on if you walked out. The whole "not sure if we can offer this price again" deal was probably just to get you to commit to a sale before the day ended. Of course, they might not offer you the price again just to spite you on walking out, but it sounds like a salesman acting like a salesman.

I've always felt that if you don't need the car, then try to get closer to your price point. In terms of the value of your deal, it sounds like an average to decent deal, but I would consider whether or not you're comfortable with moving this far away from your original budget.

--Garfield3d
  • Garfield3d & sodaguy -

Thanks for your input. Although I'd like to get close to the $17,000 OTD mark, I'm almost convinced it won't happen. Based on your input, I've sent a query to another dealer that I've worked with to see if he can beat my ~18,800 OTD. I think there's scope in the fees that they are charging; perhaps he can throw in something extra as an incentive. Either ways, I'm now more confident that I can push for a 18,500 or 18,600 OTD price. I'll update the group once I get the new quote.

Thanks again!!