Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and Earlier - Mazda3 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• calvinccalvinc Posts: 11
    Well so there shouldn't be any "startup fees" or something along those lines. It should be a straightup calculation of the amount owed (10k), with interest rate (1.9) and loan term, roughly 285.99 w/ my calculator. That's it right?? I don't plan on getting warranties or anything like that.
    Mind sharing price paid? Specifying tax etc. Thanks!
  • Mazda3 S Grand Touring-5 door, manual transmission

Options- Bose audio and moonroof package, moonroof wind deflector, rear bumper step plate, cargo net, all weather cargo tray, all weather floor mats.

paid $21,076 + 8.65% sales tax in NY, plates, reg, title, NY tire waste fee, silly $55 dealer fee for processing= OTD final price of $23,071.31
  • JBaumgartJBaumgart Posts: 890
    When I bought mine about 60 days ago I also took advantage of the 36 month 1.9% rate, but in addition my dealer offered a bi-weekly payment plan through a third party (called Biweekly Management) which I also took. I wanted to have payments come right out of my checking account and this enabled me to do that. They debit one half of the regular monthly payment every two weeks and pay Mazda Credit for you, and you end up getting the loan paid off a couple of months early. According to the dealer this effectively netted the finance charges down to zero, but for me it more a matter of convenience than anything else.
  • stallionrestallionre Posts: 205
    Very true!! I am paying $300.00 a month, which will make my pay off at 33 months and the finance charges will be near 0. Awesome!!! :)
    Good eye, that is the right price. That was out the door for me. Now pay $300.00 a month, and your pay off will be at 33 months, with $0 in interest, well close to that.
    Not bad of a deal!!! Enjoy!!!
    Regattagirl, Sounds like an awesome deal like mine. I got mine for $23,000 OTD, including taxes, not including options, please see below.

Mazda3 S Grand Touring, 4 door Sedan, Galaxy Grey Mica, 5-speed sport auto transmission.

Options: Bose audio 6 CD changer, Moonroof, All weather floor mats, Auto-dimmer mirror with Homelink, Front full mask, Cargo mat, Wheel locks, CAI (Cool Air Intake) unit, Tint all the way around, rear lid spoiler, Fuel satin door.

OTD: Final price with all the above $25,000
  • andres3andres3 CAPosts: 5,325
    would have to offer me 0% financing to make up for the reduced and lame-duck warranty they are offering. I don't trust Mazda enough to let them get away with slashing the warranty by 25%.

Mazda should go broke for that decision!
    I hear that, however, I don't believe in anything on an extended warranty. If you car is going to break, it will within the warranty already on the car. I have never had anything break on me before inside or outside the warranty. I never buy the extended warranty, especially reading all the conditions. I.E. You still have to pay a deductible and labor for most items that are on an extended warranty, Screw that!!! :mad:
  • dwynnedwynne Posts: 4,018
    I have bought and sold over 15 cars in my life and I am 33 years old, therefore, I know how to wheel and deal.

I could not let this one pass - buying and selling "over 15 cars" is proof of nothing, other than you change you mind a lot :D

We have no way of knowing if you get good deal or bad deals - just that you do a lot of deals. Volume does not equal expertise - it is just volume. No offense, but that is how it is. Everyone should take everything you read here with a grain of salt (even what I type :shades: ) and check for themselves - as we don't know each other and can't be sure what the REAL expertise is of the person doing the typing.

As to the question asked - the 1.9% rate is nice rate and is certainly cheaper than you can get at any bank or credit union. The drawback (as there usually is) is the very limited term - 36 months in this case. It is a come on to get you onto the lot as they KNOW 99% of the folks can't afford to buy a new car on a 36 month term no matter how low the interest rate is. How many Mazda3 shoppers could afford $486 a month for a $17k car? Not many, but by the time they figure this out they are in the F&I office. They will do 3.9% for 48 months (drops the payment to $383 for $17k) but if that will not do then you have to go with a normal bank or high MAC rate on a 60 month rate ($331 for $17k at 6.39% from CapitalOne).

In many cases the cheap financing means you can't get rebate money. In almost every money VS low rate deal, you take the money since it nets a better deal - but you always have to run the numbers to be sure.

Mazda has a habit or offering a cash rebate only IF you finance with them - at a higher than your bank rate. So you have to check to see which nets you the best deal - or do what a lot of folks do: sign the Mazda stuff and as soon as the loan funds pay MAC off with a loan from your bank/credit union. You then get the cash rebate AND a decent rate. The dealer and MAC may not be happy, but that is not YOUR gauge of a good car purchase - is it? :D

IN THIS CASE there is no rebate money so you can take the 36 and 48 month rates - if you qualify and if you can afford the payments. If you can't, then you need to get pre-approved at your bank/credit union/CapitalOne for a longer term then see if the dealer can give you a better rate in the F&I office. If not, then use your financing.

If you want to do the cheap finance deal, you can get pre-approved my Mazda online at that link, but I don't think you will know WHAT rate you qualify for - just that they have approved you for an amount. You may be able to call MAC after you get approved to pin them down on the rate - all before you go to the dealership. I did this when I leased my RX-8 and it greatly sped up the F&I process, but this may vary from dealership to dealership.

There should be no additional loan set up fees or anything with the MAC financing promo - just run the numbers and plug them into any loan calc program and the numbers should match what your dealer cranks out.

Dennis
    Dennis,

I have not only made a lot of deals, and never changing my mind like you say. I always keep 4 cars and have them rotating all the time. What I do is buy a car, fix it up, add mods and sell the car for more money that it is worth. Now you ask? is that dumb or what? of course not. It is like my own business. For example, I make good money on buying used cars and decking them out and selling them for $5K more than my cost. :)

For example, I bought a 1999 Acura, for $750.00, that is right $750.00, I fixed it up adding an engine, and trans and sold it last week for $10K. I made $6K on the deal. I then put down $15K on my new '07 M3S GT. I wheel and deal.
    I know you have to take this like a grin of salt, go for it. I do when I read any forum. That is human nature. ;)

Anyway, on your write up. Yes you need good credit to even get a good loan. My FICO score is 850. ;)
  • andres3andres3 CAPosts: 5,325
    I'm not advocating extended 3rd party warranties in any way, shape, or form. I never am in favor of any type of insurance, and that is what that is. You're basically paying someone up front or regularly in the hopes that they pay you back when you need them most sometime down the future if they still exist and if they are honest and if they can't come up with an excuse, and if the moons are aligned.

I'm not agreeing though, that nothing will break between 3 and 4 years, or 36 and 50K miles. Anything can break at any time, especially if the car is inherently unreliable.
    True. I am pretty bias on extended warranties. I think that is where the dealer makes most of their money in sales and labor for their service.

Again so true about the reliability of a car. I always take my changes and pretty much win on that. Vegas is a different story. :cry:
  • dwynnedwynne Posts: 4,018
    Again, buying old cars and fixing them up for a profit does not qualify someone (on its own) for giving advice about buying a new car - Mazda3 in this case.

Why not just give your information or state your opinion and be done with it? The self-serving introduction did not impress me, not is it likely to impress others. Giving everyone GOOD, CORRECT ANSWERS will give you lots of "forum cred" right away :D

I have two motorcycles (GL1800/ABS, VTX1800c) and 3 cars (05 S2000, 05 RX-8, 06 xB) and a truck (T-100) plus my wife's car and my children's cars at the house. Is that in any way relevent to an answer I may give on the forums? Nope. But I try to answer questions folks have about leases or purchases in forums where I have an interest (I was toying with dumping the 8 for a speed6 or a speed3 so I have been following this forum). If I help, super. If I type something wrong, I try to correct the error. Do others find it helpful? I hope so.

You and Bill Gates - I think are the only ones with the "mythical" 850 then. I am just lowly "solid top tier" guy myself - unless you use the "auto enhanced" FICO numbers then I might get close to you and Bill ;)

Dennis
    I have bought many new cars, probably more than you and I have a great deal experience. I am on many different forum sites and know how to answer questions. I am sorry if you don't find my information not relevant to you in your situation. That is not my problem.
    Actually if you read all my post they are quit informative and people are learning from them, like I learn from these answers. I do get credit from them.

Thanks for complimenting me with Bill Gates. That man is a genius and is awesome.

The FICO score has a lot to do with leases and buying. Therefore it is revelant. Sorry if yours is not at par. ;)
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 27,704
    .. and stop making posts about each other..

Thanks,
    kyfdx

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

Just picked it up on Saturday 4/14 for a killer price IMHO.

Car details
    07 3 HB Silver GT auto with bose audio/moonroof, moonroof deflector, satellite radio, cargo net

Pricing
    MSRP $23305 (according to Edmunds)
    Invoice $21669
    negotiated base price $19807 ($1862 below invoice!!)
    MD tax 5% $995.15
    dealer processing $100
    MD tags $206
    OUT THE DOOR for $21108.15

Put some money down, finanace some at 1.9%

Took forever to get this price and a absolutely horrible experience with a dealership. I feel bad naming who they are, since they took care of me at the end, but it was just plain bad, and outright WRONG customer service. Either way, LOVE THE CAR in the 75 miles I put in yesterday and today, and can't stand sitting at home not driving the car.
    Awesome deal, Congrats!!! That must be the lowest price that I heard so far on this forum ($1,862 below invoice). :)
  • audia8qaudia8q Posts: 3,138
    Took forever to get this price and a absolutely horrible experience with a dealership.

So your saying for the right price you will put up with horrible experience and in turn you reward them with a sale?
    That is a good one,, I didn't catch what Calvinc said about the dealership. I sure wouldn't. I would of walked out and gone to another dealership. I don't play those games.

These car salesman need us, we don't need them. More and more people are buying cars online, so that they don't have to deal with the dealerships. I agree and disagree with that.

Before I buy a car, I want to see, feel, and test drive the car that I will buy. I will never buy a car online and have it delivered to my house. I have heard of bad experiences that way. :surprise: